These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Coreli Corporation declares war against Intaki Prosperity Initiative

Author
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#41 - 2012-11-08 15:40:54 UTC
Wow. Didn't think Damar would coroborate my sources, but yeah. Warp-stabbed battlecruisers? I mean, really?

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Veikitamo Gesakaarin
Black Advent
#42 - 2012-11-09 06:31:07 UTC
A rudimentary search seems to show that the Intaki Liberation Front (And now the Intaki Prosperity Initiative) appears to have a long history of being targeted due to its high public profile and perceived weakness as a 'soft target' in order for what I assume are attempts to ride on the coat-tails of those who already have a name for themselves.

The only question here is if Coreli will be able to rise above their own mediocrity or if they will simply warp back away on stabilized cores once they realize there is more to life than mere posturing.

Kurilaivonen|Concern

Vendrin
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#43 - 2012-11-10 11:37:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Vendrin
Mr. Foritan,

You do not know me, but your actions in the distant past have formed me into the pilot I am today. What you started with Coreli and the Cyrene Initiative when you abandoned the Federation sparked a war of ideas within my conscience and set me on a path of freedom from the chains of shame and duty that tied me and those who I employed to the State.

I doubt you care, but your actions have had far reach consequences. May they do so again. If you wish to speak of mutually beneficial possibilities, please do not hesitate to contact me.

-Vendrin Latanis
Joshua Foiritain
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#44 - 2012-11-11 12:47:06 UTC
Bataav wrote:
In contrast though, as our activities continue, regardless of any Coreli threat, we have noted a drop in presence from their pilots. Instead they are reported as active, away from Intaki in Black Rise.

With the massive loss of active pilots you are suffering and the destruction of your customs offices we found ourselves short on targets and have diverted some of our attention to other tasks. Do not be alarmed; we are still here and we are watching you. Should your pilots provide targets for us to shoot we will be happy to oblige.

Bataav wrote:
It seems they will even completely contradict their attempts to play the upstanding, concerned antipirate group, attacking an unrelated corporation - the Department of Health and Wellness - who they refer to as "innocent bystanders" but are all too happy to inflict losses regardless and then congratulate themselves on their own GalNet portal over the theft of a small POS tower.

Considering the threat the Amarr Empire poses to the Federation we felt it would be irresponsible not to take this opportunity to stomp down on their loyalists. You'll find all the other pilots you turned into meat-shields are unharmed.

Besides, you were the ones that threw them under the bus to begin with, not much point in protesting now.

Bataav wrote:
So again, this is not a war of numbers, but one of patience and commitment to one's cause.

I said in my initial response here, Coreli Corporation are not the first to arrive and loudly proclaim a change in the landscape only to move on afterwards. And so as I flew throughout the Viriette constellation earlier this evening I noted that I was there and Coreli Corporation were not. Some things never change.

Intaki endures.

I think you'll find we have not yet claimed victory and have no intention of doing so prematurely. You appear to assume we expect to cripple your alliance overnight but i can assure you we are well aware we do not have the 24 hour coverage required to do so and as such we expect this campaign to drag out for months.

I would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your successful journey through the Viriette constellation. Just remember that just because you do not see Coreli pilots doesn't mean we are not watching you.

Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Wow. Didn't think Damar would coroborate my sources, but yeah. Warp-stabbed battlecruisers? I mean, really?

Hes quite right. We quickly realized the IPI was incapable of defending their own assets and we would be facing the Ishuk-Raata Directive instead. Obviously their superior numbers posed a problem for us so we came up with a solution. Our battlecruiser setups allowed us to quickly and repeatedly reinforce their customs offices and as we expected; their allies quickly gave up fighting the IPI's battle for them and the IPI was forced to deal with us on their own.

They failed.

Damar Rocarion wrote:
Though i've heard reports that they like to hide in high-sec space under CONCORD protection. This of course is extremely ironic bureaucratic oversight on their part...

Considering we are officially at war i wouldn't exactly cal it hiding but you're welcome to come and visit us in Stacmon.

Its interesting how the IPI calls us the bad guys for working with Serpentis but then turn around and join forces with an organization which is not only an enemy of the Federation but has also been deemed worthy of being killed on sight by Navy and Militia forces. Not to mention the alarming frequency with which they break CONCORD laws in low sec.

The Coreli Corporation is recruiting.

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#45 - 2012-11-11 12:56:47 UTC
Damage control is best left to the professionals, Joshua, although I'm sure I can set you up with a lovely Tech II DC unit at a reasonable price if your need for one is as desperate as it appears to be.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Sakaane Eionell
Intaki Liberation Front
Intaki Prosperity Initiative
#46 - 2012-11-11 22:39:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Sakaane Eionell
Joshua Foiritain wrote:
With the massive loss of active pilots you are suffering

Anyone who only considers the mathematics of our member count will probably come to this conclusion, and I suppose if this shallow assessment satisfies such people, there is little to be done about it. On the other hand, it occurs to me that if Coreli had initially done better research into IPI then they might not need those DC II units that Mr Ixiris is so kindly offering.

I'll take this opportunity, then, to freely provide some illumination for those who care to know what the math actually means.

First, just to clear up any confusion: The Intaki Prosperity Initiative is not a Federation-aligned alliance. Neither is it State-aligned, nor aligned to any other empire. Historically, IPI has not had a stated political agenda (in contrast to the Intaki Liberation Front) other than improvement of the status quo in Intaki and the surrounding systems. As part of this, yes, IPI stands against pirate elements like the Serpentis, but to date the majority of the alliance's operations have been non-combat in nature, which our combat readiness obviously shows.

In April of this year, at the behest of the IPI Council I opened deliberations regarding the status of our membership. At the time we had approximately 12 or 13 corporations under our banner. The truth? Ten corporations (that's 75%-80%) were inactive and overall had been inactive for the majority of the alliance's existence. Attempts were made to reach these corporations, and when most of those attempts failed to produce results, the council systematically began voting to dismiss them. Two corporations did respond: one opted to close its doors while the other voluntarily withdrew from IPI to pursue other ventures.

This process of dismissal has taken about seven months to complete. Of the ten corporations originally identified, the final two were just dismissed in the last week.

So. The pilots that we "lost" by dismissing these corps are actually irrelevant to us because they were never in space anyway. There is no reason for IPI to carry dead weight.

Concurrent to these deliberations, IPI welcomed two new corporations: DAROK and EKEN. In this last week, EKEN has also voluntarily withdrawn from IPI due to other commitments preventing it from actively contributing.

I'm extremely satisfied to see the council being proactive about our membership. We now have a tighter, more efficient group, and as we move forward we are going to continue to address issues regarding inactive membership within the corporations that remain.

Where does this leave us? Ah yes. The movement of a handful of non-combat pilots from IPI. But as I already stated:

Sakaane Eionell wrote:
The other pilots who have recently left us were advised by us to do so. These individuals are miners and industrialists who have no interest in war. They work with us because their interests align with IPI's economic goals for the Intaki sovereignty. They did not want to go, but they do have quotas to fill, contract deadlines to meet, and so on. We wish them well and look forward to having them rejoin us in the future.

Having clarified this, context is now brought to Mr Foiritan's comment:
Joshua Foiritain wrote:
we found ourselves short on targets

Obviously, you were always going to be short on targets by choosing to declare war on us when you did. You must not be watching very closely. Don't blame us because you didn't do your homework.

Joshua Foiritain wrote:
Besides, you were the ones that threw them under the bus to begin with, not much point in protesting now.

You chose to declare war on a corporation which was not a member of the Intaki Prosperity Initiative. True, that corporation had initially taken in a number of our non-combat pilots. But since that corporation was not a member of IPI, IPI leadership had no authority nor influence over any action its CEO undertook.

Joshua Foiritain wrote:
Its interesting how the IPI calls us the bad guys for working with Serpentis but then turn around and join forces with an organization which is not only an enemy of the Federation but has also been deemed worthy of being killed on sight by Navy and Militia forces

Since IPI is not aligned with any empire, it doesn't matter to us who anyone's navy/militia deems an enemy. IPI maintains relationships with many groups across New Eden, and many of those groups hate each other. We judge them on their own merits and how they interact with us.

In actual fact, in this war we have not "joined forces" with anyone. The public war panel shows no groups have officially allied with us. It's true that several Caldari-aligned corps have been assisting when they can. We gratefully recognize that IPI has benefited from their activities and we do not begrudge that their attention must largely remain focused elsewhere. We're thankful for their desire to work more closely with IPI and are looking at ways to allow that to happen in the future.

As it stands, IPI also owes Coreli some gratitude. Your war declaration has provided us with an opportunity for useful introspection. In addition to our combat readiness, you have helped highlight other areas in need of attention. Now that the dismissal project has been completed, we will be working on what we have identified and should have some information for public consumption soon. In this respect, thank you, Mr Foiritain, for your assistance.
Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#47 - 2012-11-11 22:55:07 UTC
I guess Serpentis Damage Control wouldn't be better than Tech II after all.

Katrina Oniseki

Hulemand
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#48 - 2012-11-11 23:26:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Hulemand
Katrina Oniseki wrote:
I guess Serpentis Damage Control wouldn't be better than Tech II after all.

Why would you even think we would need to do any kind of damage control? During the weeks up to the beginning of this war, we monitored IPI pilots activity in space, and numbers only confirm that activity ofactive pilots flying under the IPI banner have seen a drastic reduction.

Even the pilots that have stayed behind rarely leaves safety of the stations they live in, which all in all leads to less time spent in space, thus clearly stating that our campaign so far have been successful at reducing the IPI's ability to hinder and interfere with Serpentis Operations in the Placid region. This we have done by actively hunting down IPI pilots and attacking IPI assets, turning the focus of the IPI away from other important elements in the region.

Admiral Hulemand Core Operations Overseer

Katrina Oniseki
#49 - 2012-11-12 00:00:18 UTC
I was building off Andreus Ixiris' comment for mere humor, actually.

Katrina Oniseki

Yazus Kor
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#50 - 2012-11-12 01:03:53 UTC
Joshua Foiritain wrote:
Our battlecruiser setups allowed us to quickly and repeatedly reinforce their customs offices

You do realize there are more efficient ways of setting up battlecruisers for attacks on static infrastructure that don't imply- well, gross incompetence?
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#51 - 2012-11-13 13:08:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Andreus Ixiris
Katrina Oniseki wrote:

You know, it's so much better to be laughed with than to be laughed at. Especially when you're laughing with someone at someone else.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Joshua Foiritain
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#52 - 2012-11-13 16:48:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Joshua Foiritain
Sakaane Eionell wrote:
Anyone who only considers the mathematics of our member count will probably come to this conclusion, and I suppose if this shallow assessment satisfies such people, there is little to be done about it. On the other hand, it occurs to me that if Coreli had initially done better research into IPI then they might not need those DC II units that Mr Ixiris is so kindly offering.

I'll take this opportunity, then, to freely provide some illumination for those who care to know what the math actually means.

[...]

Where does this leave us? Ah yes. The movement of a handful of non-combat pilots from IPI. But as I already stated:
The other pilots who have recently left us were advised by us to do so. These individuals are miners and industrialists who have no interest in war. They work with us because their interests align with IPI's economic goals for the Intaki sovereignty. They did not want to go, but they do have quotas to fill, contract deadlines to meet, and so on. We wish them well and look forward to having them rejoin us in the future.

As I've pointed out several times before, we never mentioned or cared about the number of corporations you had in the past or about inactive pilots that have been removed from your roster.

Our mathematics are simple; in the two weeks prior to our war we compiled a complete list of all your pilots, monitored their activities and based on this list 15 active pilots have left your ranks since the start of the war:
The Savagewolf, Jake Lanks, OUTINHERE, Draco Yvormes, Zukof Neso, Sagara Rumbler, Ranubis Deadface, Shade Yvormes, SyrinxMegnon, Dawn Anonaszy, Herodessius, Warren804, Mack Bolan Steele, Subarusan, Jodari Buelle.

As you pointed out, these are mostly industrialists who have no interest in picking arms to defend your cause but as far as we are concered their occupation is irrelevant, they supported your organization and thus they were hunted down.

Sakaane Eionell wrote:
You chose to declare war on a corporation which was not a member of the Intaki Prosperity Initiative. True, that corporation had initially taken in a number of our non-combat pilots. But since that corporation was not a member of IPI, IPI leadership had no authority nor influence over any action its CEO undertook.

Considering these pilots united in a corporation called “DE ROKHA INDUSTRIES” founded by a pilot named “Nicanor de Rokha” when your organization contains a corporation called “DA ROKHA WELFARE COMMITEE” whose CEO is called “da Rokha” and most of the members are ex-Rokha Welfare Commitee pilots id argue that there's clear ties between your organizations that thus the actions of one your CEO's reflects upon the IPI.

Sakaane Eionell wrote:
Since IPI is not aligned with any empire, it doesn't matter to us who anyone's navy/militia deems an enemy. IPI maintains relationships with many groups across New Eden, and many of those groups hate each other. We judge them on their own merits and how they interact with us.

Just to clarify; you support the Intaki people in and around the Intaki system and wish to improve the quality of life in the “Intaki Sovereignty” but at the same time see no problem working with organizations who will -at the first chance they get- deploy military ground forces to Intaki V to conquer it?

I must say the IPI is suprisingly openminded about collateral damage.

Yazus Kor wrote:
You do realize there are more efficient ways of setting up battlecruisers for attacks on static infrastructure that don't imply- well, gross incompetence?

You mean like going for maximum damage setups that make the ship useless in actual ship combat but are still capable of destroying customs offices even with enemies on the field trying to stop you? If only we had thoug... oh right.

Katrina Oniseki wrote:

Isn't humor against State Law?

Katrina Oniseki
#53 - 2012-11-13 20:50:06 UTC
Joshua Foiritain wrote:

Katrina Oniseki wrote:

Isn't humor against State Law?

Well, you're an outlaw... so humor about you is probably an exception! Shoot a pirate, laugh at a pirate. Same difference.

Katrina Oniseki

Hulemand
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#54 - 2012-12-02 23:23:39 UTC
For the last two months Coreli's mission has been hunting Intaki Prosperity Initiative pilots and its allies all over the cluster.

This mission consisted of three parts; foremost it served to teach the pilots of the IPI that interfering with Serpentis interests in Placid has its price.

Secondly it served as intelligence oriented opportunity allowing us to assess the IPI’s overall strength and possible threat level towards Serpentis Operations Command's plans for Placid.

Third, our activities in and around Placid acted as a diversion meant to draw the attention away from Serpentis' Kobro Division - lead by Operational Commander Launette Vylier - during the preparation phase of their Placid campaign.

Following Kobro Division's successful assault on the Evaulon system we have reviewed and concluded that the IPI's capabilities have been severely diminished through the loss of pilots, assets and infrastructure.

For this reason we will be dropping our official declaration of war against the IPI and refocusing our efforts on supporting Kobro Division's combat operations throughout the Placid region and strengthening the reconstruction of our neural booster research and development network.

Admiral Hulemand Core Operations Overseer

Yazus Kor
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#55 - 2012-12-03 10:32:42 UTC
Hulemand wrote:

For this reason we will be dropping our official declaration of war against the IPI and refocusing our efforts on supporting Kobro Division's combat operations throughout the Placid region and strengthening the reconstruction of our neural booster research and development network.

Translation: "We figured out we've been constantly shooting ourselves in the foot for the duration of the IPI conflict, and we're now going to back off and lick our wounds elsewhere."

This is almost on par with those trashy Federation soaps that aired a few years ago.
Joshua Foiritain
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#56 - 2012-12-03 12:03:04 UTC
Out of curiosity; How exactly have we been shooting ourselves in the foot?

Yazus Kor
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#57 - 2012-12-03 12:11:33 UTC
Joshua Foiritain wrote:
Out of curiosity; How exactly have we been shooting ourselves in the foot?

I'm sorry, Warp Core stabbed Battlecruisers? Picking on the little guy? (Not to mention the darling of the IGS) and generally failing to inflict any significant damage at all.

Add to that the rigorous chest-beating and general incompetence when local pirate corporations did your work for you, and your reputation becomes mud very rapidly.

All you've really achieved is pushing groups who wouldn't usually go after Serpentis forces into action against them. Good job.
Joshua Foiritain
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#58 - 2012-12-03 13:18:17 UTC
Haha right.

Yazus Kor wrote:
I'm sorry, Warp Core stabbed Battlecruisers?

One of these days someone should explain why the concept of using war core stabilizers seems to cause violent spasms in the space-honor of various IGS visitors. Straight

Yazus Kor wrote:
All you've really achieved is pushing groups who wouldn't usually go after Serpentis forces into action against them. Good job.

Ah yes the populace has risen up agai... wait no they didnt, Kobro Division just nuked an entire city from orbit and stole billions in assets from Combined Harvest and a grand total of 4 people cared; one of which was a reporter and one was a Sansha mutant.

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#59 - 2012-12-03 13:25:11 UTC
Joshua Foiritain wrote:

Haha right.
One of these days someone should explain why the concept of using war core stabilizers seems to cause violent spasms in the space-honor of various IGS visitors. Straight

It's got less to do with honor and more to do with using those warp core stabbed tier 3 battlecruisers is a great way to never lose a fight (but never win one either)

Joshua Foiritain wrote:

Ah yes the populace has risen up agai... wait no they didnt, Kobro Division just nuked an entire city from orbit and stole billions in assets from Combined Harvest and a grand total of 4 people cared; one of which was a reporter and one was a Sansha mutant.

A lot more than that cared.
Joshua Foiritain
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#60 - 2012-12-03 13:36:49 UTC
Tiberious Thessalonia wrote:
Joshua Foiritain wrote:

Haha right.

It's got less to do with honor and more to do with using those warp core stabbed tier 3 battlecruisers is a great way to never lose a fight (but never win one either)

Right except we never used warp core stabbed battlecruisers to fight (since it takes +2 minutes to lock another ship), we used them to destroy customs offices, the entire point of the stabs was being able to run max dps setups without getting murdered by a tech 1 frigate.

Tiberious Thessalonia wrote:
Joshua Foiritain wrote:

A lot more than that cared.

Not enough to do something about it apparently, a grand total of two pilots actually tried to stop the assault on Evaulon.