These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EvE onlie, most restricted game in word.

Author
Hina Yamamoto
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#61 - 2012-09-18 10:11:34 UTC
Oxylan wrote:
Hina Yamamoto wrote:
Obvious Troll is obvious.

Hi Hina, i see a lot post agains my topic, but also some who agree with me.

In my opinion skill training curve betwen EvE and other Mmos is worse in world, ok i know i cant play at once while using multiple characters in other mmo, but character learning curve show simpe facts, in other games learning - fun curve and ability to train other characters are better than in EvE.

Btw i dont trolling here i play since 2007 i have no reason to troll players or CCP, well somtime im drunked and i worote horrible posts, like one time per year, but while i wrote post i try always to avoid troling.

Character learning curve? Skill training curve? Learning - fun curve?

In EVE you don't need to be able to train multiple characters. You can be tank or healer at the same time, with the same character. Just train the basic skills, take the right ship for the job and you're ready.

So it looks like you are just drunk. I don't like drunk people.

Maybe these sites will help you.
The Theme Parker's Guide to EVE Online:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
feihcsiM
THE B0YS
#62 - 2012-09-18 10:17:34 UTC
So you're saying

1 character training whether logged in or not (EVE) < (WOW) Grinding all 3 characters, one at a time, only when playing

Ok....

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Colonel Xaven
Perkone
Caldari State
#63 - 2012-09-18 10:23:35 UTC
1/10

www.facebook.com/RazorAlliance

Cede Forster
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#64 - 2012-09-18 10:46:26 UTC
you should try progressquest sometimes, it might be your dream game
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2012-09-18 10:58:06 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Because, let's be honest here, Eve doesn't really start until you hit the level cap at which point you can go backfill your achievements, play the battlegrounds, and raid for those purple item sets.

last time i've checked you only needed "gear" for like 10 millions (DPS fitted catalyst) + skills for like 1-2 weeks to kill hulks in empire. And every hulk "grinded" you some amount of t2 modules and even T2 salvage.

Another example: market. One guy (one of authors of New Eden Weekly) made his first hundreds of millions by trade around Jita in like first months of play. He found some T2 salvaged material which was selling 3 jumps away from Jita like 40-50% cheaper. Pure luck without any skills/grind/etc and some fast money.

Personally i made my first millions just killed some Serpentis rats in asteroid belt. Found some good tags which was selling for CRAZY 400000 ISK!!! Shocked That was like 2x of my total wealth that moment.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

TharOkha
0asis Group
#66 - 2012-09-18 11:14:33 UTC
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#67 - 2012-09-18 11:18:42 UTC
Oh, ffs… how can people respond to stoicfaux with anything other than “Lol”?! Is there some widespread outbreak of sarcasm-o-meter failure? ARGH!

And OP, learn to read. No-one agrees with you for the simple reason that your base premise is completely incorrect. EVE does in no way differ from other MMOs in regards to how many characters you can train at once. In fact, the only game I can think of off the top of my head that does things differently is Dust 514…

…also, I love how ˆin before me” has apparently become a thing now. Lol
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#68 - 2012-09-18 11:33:37 UTC
Tippia wrote:

It beats the "you must be a Tippia alt" that I always seem to getStraight
DeBingJos
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#69 - 2012-09-18 11:40:43 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Tippia wrote:

That's better than 'Who the **** are you? GTFO!'

Ungi maðurinn þekkir reglurnar, en gamli maðurinn þekkir undantekningarnar. The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#70 - 2012-09-18 11:41:54 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Tippia wrote:
On the other hand, that would make you a Mittens-dev alt as well, since that's what I keep being accused of… being… ehm. Anyway.

…and that's got to count for something, right?
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#71 - 2012-09-18 12:11:06 UTC
Itis Zhellin wrote:
Let's face it, if you could skill up on all of your 3 characters/account then none would buy another account and that's bad for business. EVE have around 300K active accounts only because players run 2 or more accounts, so basically the real number of (unique) players could be around 50k. And no mmo would survive with only 50K paid accounts, not even the f2p ones.

But how about a caped skill on alts? Let's say a cap around 5M SP, that would be enough to train a Jita trader, a hauler or whatever you would need to help out your main.

Oh hey thanks, I have 2 alts with over 25MP SP each, so I'd be delighted to lose over 55M SP just so that whatever problem you thinik this fixes would be fixed.

(Heh. No)

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Din Chao
#72 - 2012-09-18 12:38:58 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Din Chao wrote:
How do you train multiple WoW characters at the same time? You must have extra hands or sumthin'

Oh, don't be dense. He's referring to the fact that you hit max level really quickly in games like WoW, thus it's fairly trivial to have multiple max skill toons on one account, which lets the gamer pick their playstyle du jour: DPS one day, Tank the next, and Healer for when you really don't want to spend much time in the dungeon finder queue.

The problem with Eve is that it takes too long to hit the level cap on even one toon. Thus, the real solution is to dramatically speed up training in Eve and to add end game content such as alliance raids to grind gear. Because, let's be honest here, Eve doesn't really start until you hit the level cap at which point you can go backfill your achievements, play the battlegrounds, and raid for those purple item sets.

WHAT F'ING LEVEL CAP!? EvE doesn't have a level cap. Who's being dense now?
Yokai Mitsuhide
Doomheim
#73 - 2012-09-18 12:43:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Yokai Mitsuhide
Oxylan wrote:

Even in games like WOW, Lineage, RIFT, Gulid wars 2, and other RPG games (i know grind mmos) people got ability to create and train in most cases by grind multiple characters, with no restrictions, like in EvE.

Stop recommending EVE try to be more like boring, grindfest MMO's. Want to train more than one character at once...man up and use an alt like everyone else. Don't ever stick EVE in the same sentence as World of Warcraft ever again.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#74 - 2012-09-18 12:43:36 UTC
Din Chao wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
Din Chao wrote:
How do you train multiple WoW characters at the same time? You must have extra hands or sumthin'

Oh, don't be dense. He's referring to the fact that you hit max level really quickly in games like WoW, thus it's fairly trivial to have multiple max skill toons on one account, which lets the gamer pick their playstyle du jour: DPS one day, Tank the next, and Healer for when you really don't want to spend much time in the dungeon finder queue.

The problem with Eve is that it takes too long to hit the level cap on even one toon. Thus, the real solution is to dramatically speed up training in Eve and to add end game content such as alliance raids to grind gear. Because, let's be honest here, Eve doesn't really start until you hit the level cap at which point you can go backfill your achievements, play the battlegrounds, and raid for those purple item sets.

WHAT F'ING LEVEL CAP!? EvE doesn't have a level cap. Who's being dense now?

I believe your sarcasm detector needs repairing

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Din Chao
#75 - 2012-09-18 12:49:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Din Chao
Eh, nevermind

Yeah. I totally didn't read past the first sentence of the second paragraph...
highonpop
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#76 - 2012-09-18 13:20:21 UTC
Oxylan wrote:
Hi CCP

CCP please imagine all of your CCP members are not CCP employe,they just normal players who love EvE, SF themes and own characters, you have to agree with me, you would hate fact that every account is restricted because players can train only one character at once, while they got abbility to create and use three characters per account.

Even in games like WOW, Lineage, RIFT, Gulid wars 2, and other RPG games (i know grind mmos) people got ability to create and train in most cases by grind multiple characters, with no restrictions, like in EvE.

This horrible restriction show that your company is very gredy, and tell to player want new alt made a secont account!!!
I know Buissnes is buissnes and your company must grow, but come on...

This just most worse part of EvE, i got some seven years old character on my account with like 0 skill poibts because i focus only on main, in fact they can be terminated and biomased and replaced with new one who is one day long, because here no difirence betwen them.

CCP please answer to me, honest, what the point of three character per account while only one as (main) got sense for average player... Maybe because of jita price cheker as bonus ? ;)

Ps. Sorry for my horible grammar, English isynt my native language.

IF you allow multiple characters being trained at once, what you have done is opened yourself to people farming characters and selling them as a means of ISK generation in game or for RMT.

That is why you can only train 1 at a time.

FC, what do?

Kinet
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#77 - 2012-09-18 13:20:33 UTC
I have two hot chicks and this sorta bald dude. What more could I want?
Aiwha
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#78 - 2012-09-18 14:03:18 UTC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Widow Cain
#79 - 2012-09-18 14:09:05 UTC
Oxylan wrote:
... show that your company is very gredy....

Pretty much hit the nail on the head, even if all the pixel macho assholes had to jump on your references to those other MMOs.

I'm just winding down paid time on my last account, when I found out that we pay so Dusties can play free the first thing that came to mind was "A fool and his money"

So all you pixel macho assholes, keep training, month by month, for a future that is never going to come.

OMG You are sooo pixel macho...

Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#80 - 2012-09-18 20:25:30 UTC
Kinet wrote:
I have two hot chicks and this sorta bald dude. What more could I want?

hair?

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."