These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EvE onlie, most restricted game in word.

Author
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#81 - 2012-09-19 00:45:56 UTC
Nex apparatu5 wrote:
Main and two cyno alts.

On two accounts! (One account is a cap pilot)
Shizuken
Venerated Stars
#82 - 2012-09-19 01:01:44 UTC
I think they should change it to two toons per account, but they can both train at once.

Multi account users arent like to cancel accounts as they could effectively double their toon count for the same price. And you can still only have one toon on at once on the same account. So people that want to run their own fleet of toons will still need multiple accounts. It is just a better idea.
Cede Forster
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#83 - 2012-09-19 04:26:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Cede Forster
As to "what is the point of 3 characters if you can only train with one"?

you got to love this one, gets 2 extra character, complains about it

so here it goes, 10 reasons why you have 2 extra characters that can not train at the same time

1) your first character is ugly and/or Minmatar but you dont want to biomass him/her
2) fake role play relations with yourself
3) fake role play love triangle with yourself
4) non trained character in a noobship to throw at things
5) train cyno on the second one, use it for your other account as cyno char
6) train cyno on the third one and put it somewhere else for your other account
7) reserve cool name case you have to biomass yourself after the embarrassment of posting a thread where you misspell the title of the game you are playing (in the title of your post). seriously this better be a troll because i can understand completely that you have trouble with the English language (so do I Big smile) but misspelling the name of the game you play? that is awfully close to misspelling your own name
8) making a female character and play dress puppet with her
9) stopping to train a character because you learned everything you want
10) because CCP was just for once trying to be nice to you

and i forgot 11)

11) posting on one so you do not get fired from EVE UNI by Kelduum
Jojo Booties
#84 - 2012-09-19 06:49:14 UTC
+1

I would like to see something along the lines of paying a little extra on your sub depending on how many characters you want to have active training per account, such as......

Account were only one character can train at a time - £10
Account were two characters can train at a time - £15
Account were three characters can train at a time -£20

Something along those lines.
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#85 - 2012-09-19 07:22:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Touval Lysander
Jojo Booties wrote:
+1

I would like to see something along the lines of paying a little extra on your sub depending on how many characters you want to have active training per account, such as......

then rich boys get the advantage. no.

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Pipa Porto
#86 - 2012-09-19 07:26:00 UTC
Jojo Booties wrote:
+1

Why should it be such a big discount over having multiple accounts?

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Soundwave Plays Diablo
Doomheim
#87 - 2012-09-19 07:48:26 UTC
Once your main finds a role that can sustain your monthly ISK cost to play you can pause his training to make alts. Stealth bomber, scanner, dessie gank alt. Anything but miner is a good choice. You should always have a Jita alt if for no other reason than to watch the riots, an Amarr alt is nice. A totally good for nothing else but scouting war targets alt is nice. Its nice to have at least 2 accounts just for the 4 alts.

Also its nice to fly ships in tandem, which requires 2 active accounts.

But IMHO if you could train on multiple characters on 1 account it would be insanely overpowered.

Jojo Booties
#88 - 2012-09-19 08:03:58 UTC
Touval Lysander wrote:
Jojo Booties wrote:
+1

The rich boys and girls, can have all the accounts they please. Having multiple training on one account at a discount, would give the poor people a chance.
Plaude Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2012-09-19 08:24:40 UTC
Soundwave Plays Diablo wrote:
Once your main finds a role that can sustain your monthly ISK cost to play you can pause his training to make alts.

I'd honestly rather pay for multiple accounts to have 3 characters that can train at the same time than have to pause any of my skill-queues. But that's just because I hate wasting time and thus losing training-time.

New to EVE? Want to learn? The Crimson Cartel will train you in the fields of _**your **_choice. Mainly active in EU afternoons and evenings. Contact me for more info.

Din Chao
#90 - 2012-09-19 11:33:36 UTC
Jojo Booties wrote:
Touval Lysander wrote:
Jojo Booties wrote:
+1

The rich boys and girls, can have all the accounts they please. Having multiple training on one account at a discount, would give the poor people a chance.

A chance to what? What is this "holy grail" that you think you'll attain once you can train 3 characters at once?

You'll just find something else to cry about.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#91 - 2012-09-19 11:40:48 UTC
How about this:

Spend 1 PLEX to be able to train a second character on the account for 30 days.

Most of the common alt fucntions (scout, cyno, hauler, trader) can be trained within 30 (or at most 60) days anyway. The 2-PLEX overhead for transferring low-skill alt characters is prohibitive, so this would provide a simple, reasonably costed alternative for that function. People who want to train a second character indefinitely can do so, but they might as well use a second account and gain the extra utility.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Rainbow Room
Doomheim
#92 - 2012-09-19 13:01:05 UTC
In my opinion, nothing needs to be changed. There aren't any other MMOs that allow you to train multiple characters at the same time so why should this.

The fact you can subscribe using plex enhances this opinion. I have 2 accounts so over the course of the month, I ensure I have enough Isk to pay for the second account. It doesn't take long to raise that money running missions or whatever.

So, if you want to train 2 characters, do enough to raise 500mill isk per month (which actually isn't a lot, on average 16 mill per day which is what, 1 lvl 4 mission)

Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#93 - 2012-09-19 13:06:44 UTC
Jojo Booties wrote:
+1

lolno. this is even worse than ingame item shop implementation.

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave

Pipa Porto
#94 - 2012-09-19 21:14:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Pipa Porto
Malcanis wrote:
How about this:

Spend 1 PLEX to be able to train a second character on the account for 30 days.

Most of the common alt fucntions (scout, cyno, hauler, trader) can be trained within 30 (or at most 60) days anyway. The 2-PLEX overhead for transferring low-skill alt characters is prohibitive, so this would provide a simple, reasonably costed alternative for that function. People who want to train a second character indefinitely can do so, but they might as well use a second account and gain the extra utility.

But then CCP loses the revenue they gain from having that 2 PLEX overhead, and you gain the advantage of being able to toggle the training for free.

It's not a big deal, and I don't honestly care either way (if I had to pick, I'd favor it, I guess, because it could be useful to me), but what's in it for CCP? Either people use it to train extra characters indefinitely and CCP gets the same revenue as they do now, or people use it to train limited queue characters and CCP loses out on $20-$35 for each person who does that.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Astroniomix
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#95 - 2012-09-19 21:42:52 UTC
Widow Cain wrote:
Oxylan wrote:
... show that your company is very gredy....

Pretty much hit the nail on the head, even if all the pixel macho assholes had to jump on your references to those other MMOs.

I'm just winding down paid time on my last account, when I found out that we pay so Dusties can play free the first thing that came to mind was "A fool and his money"

So all you pixel macho assholes, keep training, month by month, for a future that is never going to come.

You appear vexed, got anything constructive to say in that bag of tricks of yours?