These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EvE onlie, most restricted game in word.

Author
Medarr
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#41 - 2012-09-18 07:11:50 UTC
Touval Lysander wrote:
Zeran Kariashi wrote:
preamble stuff.....
About the only change I might be interested in seeing is adding a 5% bonus to skill gain speed while the character is actively logged in to give extra incentive to play even if you don't have a particular goal in mind.

Now this actually has merit. In fact I'd go so far as to say making it a better bonus than 5%.

Even CCP wins 'cos their Online Player Count will stay higher all day and night.

Plus it's a good way to get the cloaky AFK subject happening again.... lulz.....

Tippia. Oh Tippia, where art thou?

[TL ambles off chortling]


lol poor afkcloak/local whiners they'd have a heart attack...

Also... Inb4 Tippia :p
William Walker
Crescent Eclipse
#42 - 2012-09-18 07:12:04 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Touval Lysander wrote:
Zeran Kariashi wrote:
preamble stuff.....
About the only change I might be interested in seeing is adding a 5% bonus to skill gain speed while the character is actively logged in to give extra incentive to play even if you don't have a particular goal in mind.

Now this actually has merit. In fact I'd go so far as to say making it a better bonus than 5%.

Even CCP wins 'cos their Online Player Count will stay higher all day and night.

Plus it's a good way to get the cloaky AFK subject happening again.... lulz.....

Tippia. Oh Tippia, where art thou?

[TL ambles off chortling]


Would this not just lead to folk staying logged in as much as possible without the need to actually play?


Yeah that'd be hilarious. I'd just login and sit in station while I go to work or whatever. Not a good idea.

ヽ(⌒∇⌒)ノ へ(゜∇、°)へ (◕‿◕✿)

Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#43 - 2012-09-18 07:15:31 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Touval Lysander wrote:
Zeran Kariashi wrote:
preamble stuff.....
About the only change I might be interested in seeing is adding a 5% bonus to skill gain speed while the character is actively logged in to give extra incentive to play even if you don't have a particular goal in mind.

Now this actually has merit. In fact I'd go so far as to say making it a better bonus than 5%.

Even CCP wins 'cos their Online Player Count will stay higher all day and night.

Plus it's a good way to get the cloaky AFK subject happening again.... lulz.....

Tippia. Oh Tippia, where art thou?

[TL ambles off chortling]


Would this not just lead to folk staying logged in as much as possible without the need to actually play?

Oh you mean like an afk cloaky? ROFLMAO......

Told ya...

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Josef Djugashvilis
#44 - 2012-09-18 07:17:27 UTC
I have given this matter considerable thought, and it seems to me that the only fair solution is for CCP to award those who pay for two accounts by annual subscription a 5% faster training time.

Not that I would benefit from this in any way of course.

Eve has a great training system, it should be left alone.

This is not a signature.

Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#45 - 2012-09-18 07:23:18 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
I have given this matter considerable thought, and it seems to me that the only fair solution is for CCP to award those who pay for two accounts by annual subscription a 5% faster training time.

Not that I would benefit from this in any way of course.

Eve has a great training system, it should be left alone.

So you say

It should change
But you don't care
No, it's fine the way it is.

You make stock market decisions the same way?

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Jett0
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#46 - 2012-09-18 07:33:50 UTC
^^ There. I've fixed your sarcasmometer.

Occasionally plays sober

Hina Yamamoto
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2012-09-18 07:40:28 UTC
Obvious Troll is obvious.

He even claims that you can play more than one character on one single account at the same time in other games.
Lol wut? U stupid?

You can not play more than one character on a single account. Nowhere. Not in WoW, not in RIFT and not in any other games!
When you play and level a Paladin, you can't play and level a Mage at the same time. You have to log off, so stopping the grinding and log on with an other character to grind with him instead.

In most games it only takes like a month to reach max level. And an other month to complete the endgame. Then you start a new character because you get bored with the other.
In EVE there is no "Endgame". No End. You can play one character forever without getting bored. It will take you like 10 years to learn all skills at 5. You can do everything with just one Character. So why do you need more? There is no goddamn reason except cyno-, market- or lowskill-pvpalts. Most people have alts not because they want to do something different, but because they want to do something more efficient. Others have alts because they don't want to invest time in their main for something they'll probably never use, but from what I see that's just the minority.

And to make it clear:
YOU CAN'T PLAY/GRIND/LEVEL MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER ON A SINGLE ACCOUNT AT THE SAME TIME! NOT IN WOW, NOT IN LINEAGE OR GUILDWARS AND NOT IN EVE!
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#48 - 2012-09-18 07:51:25 UTC
Another interesting fact though, that doesn't happen in a lot of other games, is that we progress - even if we're not online. Imagine if you had to be online to skill up, now that is far worse than only being able to train one character per account.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2012-09-18 08:49:08 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Din Chao wrote:
How do you train multiple WoW characters at the same time? You must have extra hands or sumthin'

Oh, don't be dense. He's referring to the fact that you hit max level really quickly in games like WoW, thus it's fairly trivial to have multiple max skill toons on one account, which lets the gamer pick their playstyle du jour: DPS one day, Tank the next, and Healer for when you really don't want to spend much time in the dungeon finder queue.

The fact that he mentioned Lineage and "grind mmos" says otherwise, those are games that took a while to grind to 'max level'. Same with Eve (actually Eve is better in this aspect), we can do DPS, we can do 'healer', we can do scout, we can do trades, exploration, "tanking", heck, we can do whatever without even have to reset talent points, skills, switch characters or anything at all, just the ships, unlike other MMOs.


stoicfaux wrote:
The problem with Eve is that it takes too long to hit the level cap on even one toon. Thus, the real solution is to dramatically speed up training in Eve and to add end game content such as alliance raids to grind gear. Because, let's be honest here, Eve doesn't really start until you hit the level cap at which point you can go backfill your achievements, play the battlegrounds, and raid for those purple item sets.


This is not a "problem" with Eve, this is one thing that helps retain players during a longer time period and keep them playing (or at least logging in) and subscribing without disappearing for a certain extended period of time. I "started" playing Eve on the first few days, people don't go jump to incursions or go brawl with T3s on their first few days, I took steps, gradually, I enjoyed it. When I first played the game, first time I get in my drake I was filled with satisfaction, it would seem trivial to older players, but new players have their own thing.

There are and should be no 'end-game' content in a sandbox game. This is the very exact reason why I kept playing this game, and I'm sure many others felt the same way.

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave

Oxylan
Blood Fanatics
#50 - 2012-09-18 09:01:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Oxylan
Hina Yamamoto wrote:
Obvious Troll is obvious.



Hi Hina, i see a lot post agains my topic, but also some who agree with me.

In my opinion skill training curve betwen EvE and other Mmos is worse in world, ok i know i cant play at once while using multiple characters in other mmo, but character learning curve show simpe facts, in other games learning - fun curve and ability to train other characters are better than in EvE.

Btw i dont trolling here i play since 2007 i have no reason to troll players or CCP, well somtime im drunked and i worote horrible posts, like one time per year, but while i wrote post i try always to avoid troling.

If it bleed we can kill it.

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2012-09-18 09:13:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
I gather this is then one of your drunk post.

You are comparing EVE to other MMO's which is where you make your first Mistake. In EVE you are responsible for your own FUN no matter what your SP.

I see nothing wrong with the current way SP is gained, all I will say is. Thank You GOD it is not like other MMO's since I despise grinding for SP. With one Character you can do multiple things, I don't need to grind different chars to do different things.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Oxylan
Blood Fanatics
#52 - 2012-09-18 09:20:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Oxylan
Cannibal Kane wrote:
I gather this is then one of your drunk post.

You are comparing EVE to other MMO's which is where you make your first Mistake. In EVE you are responsible for your own FUN no matter what your SP.

I see nothing wrong with the current way SP is gained, all I will say is. Thank You GOD it is not like other MMO's since I despise grinding for SP. With one Character you can do multiple things, I don't need to grind different chars to do different things.


Well i know, this restriction is good for CCP, more alts account more transaction in character basar, better for us all, CCP im realy not againts players and im not against you as gaming company, i love EvE, i realise this should be like it is, because is good for EvE economy and for CCP.

However i dislike this fact, EvE got bad restriction because people cant train multiple characters at once.

Cheers folks, EvE for bad and good times forever no mater how it is Attention

If it bleed we can kill it.

Kryss Darkdust
The Skulls
#53 - 2012-09-18 09:22:28 UTC
Not sure if this has already been said, I would assume so, but can't be bothered to read all the replies here.

Simply put there is no game on the market that I'm aware of that you can skill up / Level up or anything else, multiple characters at the same time on the same account. Their is a design difference between this and most other games in that "leveling up" is something that doesn't require you to grind/play, but that's beside the point. Most other games require you to log in with said character and "kill stuff" for xp, but you still can only do it one character at a time.

There is nothing wrong with the system, working as intended and working exactly as all other MMO's do with the small exception that in this game you level up without having to grind, which as far as I'm concerned is one of the best features of this game and is a superior method to all other MMO's. I think people forget what it was like in the old UO days of putting batteries on your keyboard to skill up, a pointless method replaced by a much better system for accomplishing the same thing (offline leveling up).

The reality of Eve is that, if you don't love it like it is today, you should probobly go ahead and unsub. 

Itis Zhellin
#54 - 2012-09-18 09:30:40 UTC
Let's face it, if you could skill up on all of your 3 characters/account then none would buy another account and that's bad for business. EVE have around 300K active accounts only because players run 2 or more accounts, so basically the real number of (unique) players could be around 50k. And no mmo would survive with only 50K paid accounts, not even the f2p ones.

But how about a caped skill on alts? Let's say a cap around 5M SP, that would be enough to train a Jita trader, a hauler or whatever you would need to help out your main.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2012-09-18 09:30:56 UTC
Oh look, a kid of the current generation.
Oxylan
Blood Fanatics
#56 - 2012-09-18 09:31:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Oxylan
Only one like in my Op therad, that show , here on forum 99% veteranans and old dinosaurs with own vision about EvE, im sure a lot new players who start own adventure with EvE would agree with me with this horrible fact :) well life is brutal.

You guys who are agains my topic, stay with your pirson cell account who alow you to train only one character, like i do, and be happy forever.

Regards

If it bleed we can kill it.

Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#57 - 2012-09-18 09:48:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarah Schneider
Oxylan wrote:
Well i know, this restriction is good for CCP, more alts account more transaction in character basar, better for us all, CCP im realy not againts players and im not against you as gaming company, i love EvE, i realise this should be like it is, because is good for EvE economy and for CCP.

However i dislike this fact, EvE got bad restriction because people cant train multiple characters at once.

Cheers folks, EvE for bad and good times forever no mater how it is Attention

Why u no read so many replies regarding this Roll

First of all, you.. can .. not .. train .. multiple .. characters .. at .. once on any of those MMOs you've mentioned before.

Training "multiple" characters on most MMOs : If you want to train another character, you need to stop playing the previous character, hence his leveling stops. Same with Eve, you can stop (pause) your skill training and then train another one. It's the same. Heck, in Eve you don't even have to log in.

As for the fun aspect, fun is what you make of it. Don't compare Eve to other MMOs, Eve is a sandbox, a conflict-driven player interaction and community based sandbox. When most other MMOs holds your hand while you play and give you the "fun" inside a pretty box wrapped with rainbows and candy ribbons, you are given a pickaxe, a calculator, a box of matches and a tent in Eve, you need to search and work for your fun, hence the sandbox.

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave

Pipa Porto
#58 - 2012-09-18 09:53:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Pipa Porto
Oxylan wrote:
Only one like in my Op therad, that show , here on forum 99% veteranans and old dinosaurs with own vision about EvE, im sure a lot new players who start own adventure with EvE would agree with me with this horrible fact :) well life is brutal.

You guys who are agains my topic, stay with your pirson cell account who alow you to train only one character, like i do, and be happy forever.

Regards


If you feel the need to train more characters at once, grab another account (the power of two sale is on now, I think).

If you want to grind for SP, grind away and buy the character you want from the Character bazaar.

If you want to get free* SP, scam someone for ISK then buy a character with your ill gotten ISK**

The only limits there are to what you can do in EVE are the ones you choose to impose.


*Only kind of free.
**Do not try to scam someone with regards to character sales.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

DeBingJos
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#59 - 2012-09-18 10:03:13 UTC
I would say EVE is better than most MMO's.

If I pay for 2 accounts in EVE I can gain sp on both of them at the same time.

In other MMO's it is very hard to play two characters at the same time to gain XP.

But in all honesty, I think we have been trolled.

Ungi maðurinn þekkir reglurnar, en gamli maðurinn þekkir undantekningarnar. The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.

Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2012-09-18 10:09:02 UTC
DeBingJos wrote:
But in all honesty, I think we have been trolled.

In all honesty most people probably know this. It doesn't matter.

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave