These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

New ship designs.

Author
Andre II
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-07-17 00:34:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Andre II
CCP I think you messed up with all the new ships redesigns.

Most notably the angel cartel. Why did you change them, angle cartel ship needs to have the black design to reference to their Jove origins, and if you had to add camo why didn't you take a note form the macheriel and do the ash grey/ black & white camo. Why are the angel cartel ships brown and green just like the Minmatar?

Personally I don't know why your guys have a sudden obsession with camo, I wish you'd undo do the effects and just improve there racial based colors.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=47868

Forum Foreplay
#2 - 2012-07-17 00:38:09 UTC
Cammo is for people who think a 1990s pickup truck is thier legacy...

Even a sandbox has borders to keep the sand inside...

Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2012-07-17 00:48:13 UTC
I would love it if CCP changed one small inconsequential thing just to see how many folks who fear change would post about it. Maybe change the gloss on the UI buttons by a small amount.

You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world.

Forum Foreplay
#4 - 2012-07-17 00:51:41 UTC
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
I would love it if CCP changed one small inconsequential thing just to see how many folks who fear change would post about it. Maybe change the gloss on the UI buttons by a small amount.

Because everyone is complaining because cammo is cool right?

/facepalm

Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2012-07-17 00:59:58 UTC
Perhaps if they reversed the Okay and Cancel buttons on the window that pops up when you try to close the game. I imagine the forums would melt.

You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world.

Andre II
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-07-17 01:00:04 UTC
Tarsus Zateki wrote:

Well I wouldn't say changing a ships color scheme from black to brown and green camo is a minor change, it seems pretty distinct if I notice it every time I look at the ship.

Forum Foreplay
#7 - 2012-07-17 01:03:23 UTC
Andre II wrote:
Tarsus Zateki wrote:

Well I wouldn't say changing a ships color scheme from black to brown and green camo is a minor change, it seems pretty distinct if I notice it every time I look at the ship.

CCP has never understood that in computer games, especially games like EvE, black is sacred.

You don't take a black ship and suddenly make it some other color, you just don't.

Nathan Ernaga
Applesauce Brigade
#8 - 2012-07-17 01:05:06 UTC
We need pimp my ride asap. Thank you.

If you have in your hands the key to the fulfillment of your life's ambition and superiority over most, if you are aware that there is an absolute power on hand (just over the basic moral principles) how far are you willing to go and through what you are willing to tread?

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#9 - 2012-07-17 02:32:44 UTC
The design of the hull is the Jove part, the Cartel themselves can paint their ships whatever they damn well please.

The Drake is a Lie

Jayrendo Karr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-07-17 03:07:18 UTC
This whole space camo thing needs to be removed from all non-navy ships. It's not that good looking.
Kyle Ward
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-07-17 03:10:00 UTC
I like the space camo thank you for making my spaceships sexy CCP!

The Sandbox, you're playing it wrong!

Andre II
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-07-17 04:33:36 UTC
Jayrendo Karr wrote:
This whole space camo thing needs to be removed from all non-navy ships. It's not that good looking.

I agree camo seems more of a navy thing similar to uniforms for soldiers, the angel cartel like the rebel cartel, they don't have set uniforms besides metallic oil black is ******* sexy in the starlight.

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#13 - 2012-07-17 04:43:20 UTC
Haven't Angel ships always either been brown or brown camo to begin with?
Andre II
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2012-07-17 04:47:59 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
Haven't Angel ships always either been brown or brown camo to begin with?

No, they were always black, in exception for the mach which was an ash gray and black camo.

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#15 - 2012-07-17 04:49:11 UTC
If they make the default colour scheme attractive, you'd never buy the paint/dye packs.
Andre II
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2012-07-17 04:57:09 UTC
They have paint and dye packs?

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#17 - 2012-07-17 04:58:18 UTC
Andre II wrote:

As sure as day follows night, once the V3 overhaul is completed, we can expect to see paint/dye packs in the Noble Exchange. That's one of the features they kept harping on about during the V3 upgrade process.
Jayrendo Karr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-07-17 05:29:10 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Andre II wrote:

As sure as day follows night, once the V3 overhaul is completed, we can expect to see paint/dye packs in the Noble Exchange. That's one of the features they kept harping on about during the V3 upgrade process.

Guess i should quit eve now, too bad i was almost in the abaddon i wanted to fly. I won't be charged for content ive payed for, i pay my $15 a month so i wont have to deal with this crap.
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#19 - 2012-07-17 05:32:46 UTC
Jayrendo Karr wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:
Andre II wrote:

Guess i should quit eve now, too bad i was almost in the abaddon i wanted to fly. I won't be charged for content ive payed for, i pay my $15 a month so i wont have to deal with this crap.

You could still buy them on the market, just like the clothing and PLEX.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#20 - 2012-07-17 06:19:43 UTC
Jayrendo Karr wrote:

I'd sympathise with you except that you're attacking the issue from the wrong angle. The only concern I have with the Noble Exchange is that items from the NeX bypass the player economy. It would work much better if the NeX worked just like the existing LP stores.

But claiming that you've already paid for the content sounds a little close to expressing a sense of entitlement to me. You wouldn't expect to find a free Avatar in your hangar just because you paid for the game, would you?
123Next page