These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

New ship designs.

Author
marVLs
#21 - 2012-07-17 06:39:36 UTC
Camo on spaceships = looooooooool
Sarah Atkinson
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2012-07-17 07:01:17 UTC
I can understand green and brown cammo in the woods, white cammo in the snow, and yellow and brown cammo in the desert, but what purpose does cammo serve in space? If it's just for looks, then why would they put it on military ships? Seems strange that a military corporation would care to do that.

Saying that, I'm actually not that fussed. Just expressing something I found odd.

Pickles!

Effect One
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-07-17 07:39:35 UTC
If the sensor suites on Eve ships are enough to identify what class, race and model a ship in addition to its speed, vector, etc... from well over 500km away and identify all ship classes to their specific class/race/model within a 14AU radius (non-visual identification), I seriously doubt whether visual paint stylings make any difference to combat/stealth in the universe.

Perhaps the races dispensed with tactical paint stylings long ago upon realising this and now they just paint their ships in the colours that are the cheapest to produce (for the respective corporations that build them), or whatever they find to be aesthetically pleasing (for the navy/pirate variants).

Meh.

'This might be internet spaceships, but it's not rocket science to protect yourself and fly with a little common sense' - CCP Falcon

Sarah Atkinson
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2012-07-17 08:03:41 UTC
Sure Effect One, perhaps for you millionaire veterans.. I literally have to wind down a window and get my binoculars out to see what I'm fighting in my hunk of junk.

Pickles!

Jafit
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-07-17 09:13:26 UTC
We need a faction faction battleship, Domination Angel machariel, black with grey bits. 3 billion each. Be the coolest publord in the system as you /dance in front of the auction house in Stormwind sit outside Jita 4-4 undock with your sebos and hardeners on Roll
Danfen Fenix
#26 - 2012-07-17 10:43:33 UTC
Wait, they have a colour? I just see red boxes which I turn in to white triangles.. P
Tallis Lindisere
Farne Corp
#27 - 2012-07-17 19:19:31 UTC
Definately not a fan of the camo schemes on spaceships apart from the CNR and the new Wolf. I just wish they had used the Wolf scheme on the Jaguar. The new Jag scheme, being pretty dark, washes out the 3D detail on the model.

But it's not just the overall colour schemes that are a pain in the proverbial. I'm wondering who decided it would be "cool" to give the impression of faces on the front of a lot of the ships. Go look at the Drake and the hoarder for two examples. There are more.

Personally if CCP would let me. I would use the ORCA for everything. Good design and I like the colour scheme. Make a modular version of it and I'll use it for everything from battlehip to miner. It's one of the few ships in EVE that doesn't look like it was done by an art school graduate.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#28 - 2012-07-17 19:29:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Jayrendo Karr wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:
Andre II wrote:
They have paint and dye packs?

As sure as day follows night, once the V3 overhaul is completed, we can expect to see paint/dye packs in the Noble Exchange. That's one of the features they kept harping on about during the V3 upgrade process.

Guess i should quit eve now, too bad i was almost in the abaddon i wanted to fly. I won't be charged for content ive payed for, i pay my $15 a month so i wont have to deal with this crap.

Like everything else in EVE, you'll be able to pay for it with ISK as well.

Personally, all my ships will likely end up in the Blood Raider scheme if available, or the Interbus yellow and black. Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#29 - 2012-07-17 19:50:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Corina Jarr
Effect One wrote:
If the sensor suites on Eve ships are enough to identify what class, race and model a ship in addition to its speed, vector, etc... from well over 500km away and identify all ship classes to their specific class/race/model within a 14AU radius (non-visual identification), I seriously doubt whether visual paint stylings make any difference to combat/stealth in the universe.

Perhaps the races dispensed with tactical paint stylings long ago upon realising this and now they just paint their ships in the colours that are the cheapest to produce (for the respective corporations that build them), or whatever they find to be aesthetically pleasing (for the navy/pirate variants).

Meh.

I think it is traditional, or based on what they use for their ground vehicles (will have to wait for those in Dust to confirm or debunk).

Anyway, the Blood Raiders camo is the best...
Big smile
Lord Ryan
True Xero
#30 - 2012-07-17 20:40:08 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
Haven't Angel ships always either been brown or brown camo to begin with?

Never looked black to me, maybe a dark brown. Those Amarr missile ships were closer to black than angel ships.

Black is my favorite color, moar black ships please!

Camo is horrible unless your a frickin soldier in RL, in a setting that is appropriate. Wearing it for fashion in RL tells me all I need to know about you.

Black would be space camo. Defintions 1 and 2.

cam·ou·flage

1. The method or result of concealing personnel or equipment from an enemy by making them appear to be part of the natural surroundings.
2. Concealment by disguise or protective coloring.
3. Fabric or a garment dyed in splotches of green, brown, tan, and black so as to make the wearer indistinguishable from the surrounding environment.

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2012-07-17 20:41:07 UTC
Is this actually for real ?
Nobody posted a pic as of yet ...
YuuKnow
The Scope
#32 - 2012-07-17 20:43:04 UTC
Expected to see a thread about new ship modules. Instead got a whine about color schemes.

*leaves thread*

yk
Ginger Barbarella
#33 - 2012-07-17 20:43:12 UTC
Forum Foreplay wrote:
Cammo is for people who think a 1990s pickup truck is thier legacy...

Hahahahaha!!! Awesome, +1 internetz for you, sir!! Lol

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Traejun DiSanctis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#34 - 2012-07-17 21:06:25 UTC
Jayrendo Karr wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:
Andre II wrote:
They have paint and dye packs?

As sure as day follows night, once the V3 overhaul is completed, we can expect to see paint/dye packs in the Noble Exchange. That's one of the features they kept harping on about during the V3 upgrade process.

Guess i should quit eve now, too bad i was almost in the abaddon i wanted to fly. I won't be charged for content ive payed for, i pay my $15 a month so i wont have to deal with this crap.

You are reacting emotionally. Don't.

I completely understand your position. I even share some of the frustration at times. But, the bottom line is that "flavor" items which offer no in-game advantage whatsoever purchased for real world currency does not affect your $15/month gameplay experience.

You don't want to spend more than your sub? You feel you shouldn't have to in order to play effectively? Great... you would be right on both counts with or without a NeX store.
Jayrendo Karr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#35 - 2012-07-17 21:14:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Jayrendo Karr
I shouldn't have the option to buy space items for money, i should have to earn it like everyone else. I pay 15 a month so i can earn things I want not buy them at an extra cost. If I pay 15 amonth II should have some way of earning these items, they are only introduced by means of people paying money though.
Burhtun
Burhtun Shipyards
#36 - 2012-07-17 21:37:41 UTC
Forum Foreplay wrote:
Cammo is for people who think a 1990s pickup truck is thier legacy...

Confirming EVE is looking more and more redneck. Can I get a gun rack attached to the back of my camouflage ships and a stuffed deer head to adorn the hood?

What kills me is not only is camouflage in space useless as many have already pointed out, but it is by nature anti-design. That is its purpose, to break up recognizable shapes. The artists have worked hard to make some truly awesome looking spaceships, then they go and destroy those sweet looking shapes with camouflage paint. At least with the Angel ships there are some non-camouflaged areas, they're not quite as much of a mess as the Navy Raven. Nowhere near as badassed looking as the original Angel skins though. Simple and monochromatic is fine for spaceships. If you must jazz it up, stripes like on the Widow are acceptable.

I'm not fond of the new super saturated orange lights and headlights either. Looks cartoony.
Fudge Sinful
Ricoh Innovations
#37 - 2012-07-17 21:40:31 UTC
Dear CCP,

Camo ALL the ships. Just to tick people off.
Large Collidable Object
morons.
#38 - 2012-07-17 21:55:30 UTC
Forum Foreplay wrote:
CCP has never understood that in computer games, especially games like EvE, black is sacred.

You don't take a black ship and suddenly make it some other color, you just don't.

Qft.

I still hate the fact they turned Khanid ships into something resembling soda cans with red and blue lights. Black, Silver, Blue and Red? Seriously CCP?? Pay your designers a course in colour theory - if you must add another colour for whatever tasteless reason, it should be a complementary one...

Deliberately offending that law helped me in creating what a lot of people call one of the ugliest characters in Eve - despite relatively normal underlying facial features.

As for CCPs obsession with camo patterns - noone seems to like them except CCP - I don't get why they keep heading down that road.

No reason to quit over, as I usually don't see any ships anyway but why 'fix' something for the worse that wasn't broken and removing distinct features people grew to like - the Comets police light, the Ishtars smile, the Vagas ears, the Curses antennas, the old Phoon.

Maybe they just made them so ugly to later offer the original skins (v3'd) in the NeX...
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Lord Ryan
True Xero
#39 - 2012-07-18 02:19:32 UTC
BTW the dram and cyn still look the same as they always did.

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#40 - 2012-07-18 04:19:03 UTC
The Serpentis ships would be a case of camo done right. because it has a style to it, not just generic camo.

Blood Raiders too, but it isn't paint.Big smile
Previous page123Next page