These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Hulkageddon made me quit

First post
Author
Ristlin Wakefield
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#541 - 2012-07-06 17:57:10 UTC
Vellen Thoss wrote:
Riven Varlass wrote:
It is likely that the mining vessels will receive a buff, I'm guessing CCP recognizes the problem of low effort hulk hi-sec ganking.
Them combat pilots best enjoy it while they can Pirate The player won't need to toughen up if the hull gets tougher first.



Theyre already planning on buffing the mining vessels. The Skiff gets BS EHP if I am correct, the rest are left as is.


Sigh...

I have a lover, her name is EVE. I see her every night and all she asks in return is that I have a pilot's license.

Vellen Thoss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#542 - 2012-07-06 18:10:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Vellen Thoss
Ristlin Wakefield wrote:
Vellen Thoss wrote:
Riven Varlass wrote:
It is likely that the mining vessels will receive a buff, I'm guessing CCP recognizes the problem of low effort hulk hi-sec ganking.
Them combat pilots best enjoy it while they can Pirate The player won't need to toughen up if the hull gets tougher first.



Theyre already planning on buffing the mining vessels. The Skiff gets BS EHP if I am correct, the rest are left as is.


Sigh...



New ORE frig: we want this ship to replace current mining frigates as low barrier of entry vessel, but also fulfill high-end gameplay expectations by providing a very mobile platform for mining in hostile space. Lowest mining output, decent ore bay, little to no resilience.
Procurer/Skiff: primarily made for self-defense. Better mining rate than the ORE frig, good ore bay, but capable of having battleship-like EHP.
Retriever/Mackinaw: made for self-reliance. Has the largest ore bay, similear to the size of a jet can, second best mining output but less EHP than the procurer mining barge.
Covetor/hulk: ore bay is identical to its current cargo hold, little to average EHP, but best mining output. Basically made for group operations when players have industrials and protection to back them up.

From the EVE Blog

CCP is not intending the Hulk to be an AFK/Solo mining ship.
Daemon Ceed
Ice Fire Warriors
NullSechnaya Sholupen
#543 - 2012-07-06 18:38:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Daemon Ceed
LaserFurry wrote:
I don't find Hulkageddon to be amoral bullying, but what I DO dislike about is - lazyness. Kamikaze destroyers just can't be bothered to scan down mission runners, coordinate a fleet for big enough alpha or beliebable bait, etc ... It's much easier to just warp in belt and target the first guy in mining barge.


Laziness, you say? I don't know about the majority of gankers, but I cannot merely swoop into a belt all lacksidaisy and afford burning 10-40km towards a miner to gank his balls off. We @ Jihad Squad use various ways of ensuring that when we jump into system that we are going to warp right on top of you 99% of the time. It's very coordinated and surgical. I'm not about to divulge my methods to you, but I assure you they are more than merely effective. They are downright psychopathic. I also have no problem throwing 3-4 more ships on top of a well tanked Hulk that's running gang boosts. It's not about the ISK efficiency for us, moreso the complete and total destruction of all highsec carebears who believe they are safe...even the ones that pull Concord into the belt with them thinking that it offers them a modicum of protection. We recently ganked a Hulk that had many Concord BS spawn already in the belt. I got off 7 volleys on his Hulk and podded him before Concord got me.

For every Hulk we do uber murderdeathoverkill on we kill 5 who are barely tanked at all and drop delicious T2 salvage to fund our war machine. Plainly put, you may go to great lengths to proect yourself, but we'll still have the means and the will to kill you anyways.

Now if we are going to talk about laziness how about we refer to the afk miner who sits there sucking ore all day long.
Russell Casey
Doomheim
#544 - 2012-07-07 17:49:59 UTC
LaserFurry wrote:
I don't find Hulkageddon to be amoral bullying, but what I DO dislike about is - lazyness. Kamikaze destroyers just can't be bothered to scan down mission runners, coordinate a fleet for big enough alpha or beliebable bait, etc ... It's much easier to just warp in belt and target the first guy in mining barge.


So.... the lazy killing the lazy then? Big smile
Daemon Ceed
Ice Fire Warriors
NullSechnaya Sholupen
#545 - 2012-07-07 18:34:27 UTC
Russell Casey wrote:
LaserFurry wrote:
I don't find Hulkageddon to be amoral bullying, but what I DO dislike about is - lazyness. Kamikaze destroyers just can't be bothered to scan down mission runners, coordinate a fleet for big enough alpha or beliebable bait, etc ... It's much easier to just warp in belt and target the first guy in mining barge.


So.... the lazy killing the lazy then? Big smile


There's nothing lazy about killing Hulks. I have to go through the exact same process for killing them as I would any player. Scout, locate, arrange warp-in, kill. If the level of work I do was directly compared to what Mr. AFKAsteroidGobbler is would be at least a magintude of 4.
Breezly Brewin
Vril Metaphysics Society
#546 - 2012-07-07 19:14:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Breezly Brewin
ganking really is harder than it looks i took an amateur shot at it and failed miserably. concord likes to make you lose target, neuts you and promptly blows you into smithereens. i'm not saying it's impossible, but all those that say it's effortless have clearly not tried it. (or they have decent experience in doing it thus it's easier)

EDIT: just finding an appropriate target takes time and doing so without making the target suspicious and changing belts or starting to align or just up and dock is a game all in itself.
Daemon Ceed
Ice Fire Warriors
NullSechnaya Sholupen
#547 - 2012-07-08 04:08:28 UTC
Breezly Brewin wrote:
ganking really is harder than it looks i took an amateur shot at it and failed miserably. concord likes to make you lose target, neuts you and promptly blows you into smithereens. i'm not saying it's impossible, but all those that say it's effortless have clearly not tried it. (or they have decent experience in doing it thus it's easier)

EDIT: just finding an appropriate target takes time and doing so without making the target suspicious and changing belts or starting to align or just up and dock is a game all in itself.


I'm not going to say that ganking is really really hard by anymeans, but there is a good deal of thought that goes into it. Anyone who thinks it's simply "Warp to the belt, press F1 and laugh hilariously" is very wrong. Target choice is a very good point, however we almost met our match today with a hull+shield tank Hulk with Orca links. There weren't even any mining upgrades on this thing, just tank and 1 stupid roid scanner:

They Can't Gank Me!!

Took 3 of us, but we got him nearly down to the last shot before Concordokken. Plainly put, if Jihad Squad wants your Hulk, it's gonna get it.
Gorinia Sanford
OpSec.
Wrong Hole.
#548 - 2012-07-08 14:39:14 UTC
Jeremy Firewind wrote:
Hey,

I find it totally untolarable, that 3 1 mill Isk ships can easily gank my tanked 300mill hull. Sorry, but this makes me really sad. It put me out of business for good, that was my last money. Your cool event just cost CCP a subscriber.


Yes tears are delightful, yadda, yadda, no stuff is to be had, because it all exploded.


What? You couldn't find a Covetor to fly? Which is far cheaper than a Hulk? Sure, you lose a wee bit of yield, but here's the thing. Losing a Covetor to a gank from idiots who want to impose their idea of what you should do in Eve versus a Hulk from the same morons is far cheaper.

Sure, I do enjoy that I can fill four cans in a hulk vs. the three I can fill in a Covetor, but I can afford to lose a Covetor more than I can a Hulk.
LaserFurry
Free of Taxes
#549 - 2012-07-08 19:17:42 UTC
2 Daemon Ceed : Not saying you aren't professionals of your job, but ... Really, while you're burning down the miners, agentrunners of the very same system are making much more isks, in almost the same semi-afk way. Why don't you try and get them ?
Michael1995
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#550 - 2012-07-09 17:05:26 UTC
Daemon Ceed wrote:
Laziness, you say? I don't know about the majority of gankers, but I cannot merely swoop into a belt all lacksidaisy and afford burning 10-40km towards a miner to gank his balls off. We @ Jihad Squad use various ways of ensuring that when we jump into system that we are going to warp right on top of you 99% of the time. It's very coordinated and surgical. I'm not about to divulge my methods to you, but I assure you they are more than merely effective. They are downright psychopathic. I also have no problem throwing 3-4 more ships on top of a well tanked Hulk that's running gang boosts. It's not about the ISK efficiency for us, moreso the complete and total destruction of all highsec carebears who believe they are safe...even the ones that pull Concord into the belt with them thinking that it offers them a modicum of protection. We recently ganked a Hulk that had many Concord BS spawn already in the belt. I got off 7 volleys on his Hulk and podded him before Concord got me.

For every Hulk we do uber murderdeathoverkill on we kill 5 who are barely tanked at all and drop delicious T2 salvage to fund our war machine. Plainly put, you may go to great lengths to proect yourself, but we'll still have the means and the will to kill you anyways.

Now if we are going to talk about laziness how about we refer to the afk miner who sits there sucking ore all day long.


One shudders to imagine what inhuman thoughts lie behind that mask...

Selling WH CFC Standings 10b/month for +10 with: Lazerhawks, Hard Knocks, Overwatch This, Many Vacancies, Golden Showers, Friendly Probes, Isogen Memed.

Join up for swag C3 Gila/Osprey ratting fleets daily! We also rent C2s out with CV effect!

Zicon Shak'ra
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#551 - 2012-07-09 17:08:52 UTC
Red Rydah wrote:
I find Hulkageddon a great experience for me as a player. Just because I can't fly my retriever does not mean I can't play the game. Understanding how Hulkageddon affects the market leads to profit if you know how to read the graphs. I also mine but not with my retriever.

Most important, you learn. A chance encounter with a player (I won't mention his name but he knows who he is) helped me understand how to build a better tank that will benefit me when I start getting serious about mission running. I also got a better understanding on what skills help with what kind of damage resistance on both shield and armor.

Ragequitting not only makes you look like a baby, it also means you lost the opportunity to learn from and experience this great game

RR


Can we have more miners like this one? Pretty please?

Wormholes are cool, m'kay?

Daemon Ceed
Ice Fire Warriors
NullSechnaya Sholupen
#552 - 2012-07-09 18:30:08 UTC
LaserFurry wrote:
2 Daemon Ceed : Not saying you aren't professionals of your job, but ... Really, while you're burning down the miners, agentrunners of the very same system are making much more isks, in almost the same semi-afk way. Why don't you try and get them ?


If it was feasible for me to do this, I most certainly would. You see, I am -10, and it doesn't exactly allow me to stay in highsec long until the spacepigs are all up in my deep 6. So warping into somebodies mission, flying maybe 40km to get to them to violence there space boat is a bit problematic. An ideal thing would be if they are sitting at 0 on a gate like you see in the Extravaganza missions.
Diziet Melyantim
#553 - 2012-07-11 02:11:22 UTC
So they want to control a part of the market, Drive the prices of mineral trade up via loss of property, as well as barge sales. (-Which they might/might not dominate)

I'd think this is pretty much given to anyone with a half of a brain. (Sans the goons/tools of war who are in it just for the ***** & giggles)

All in all, react to the circumstances, adapt, (optionally unite), fight back and prevail

<3

Kyle Ward
Doomheim
#554 - 2012-07-11 02:33:30 UTC
Doddy wrote:
News for you buddy, 3 *1 mil isk ships cannot gank a tanked hulk. In fact 3 t2 catalysts wont kill a tanked hulk either. Your hull clearly wasn't tanked. A tanked hulk has 30k ehp, 40k ehp if you have the foresight to have a gang bonus. Assuming one catalyst is jammed by those ecm drones you dropped they really need 5 t2 catalysts to kill you.

Daemon Ceed wrote:
I'm not going to say that ganking is really really hard by anymeans, but there is a good deal of thought that goes into it. Anyone who thinks it's simply "Warp to the belt, press F1 and laugh hilariously" is very wrong. Target choice is a very good point, however we almost met our match today with a hull+shield tank Hulk with Orca links. There weren't even any mining upgrades on this thing, just tank and 1 stupid roid scanner:

They Can't Gank Me!!

Took 3 of us, but we got him nearly down to the last shot before Concordokken. Plainly put, if Jihad Squad wants your Hulk, it's gonna get it.

Shocked

The Sandbox, you're playing it wrong!

Daemon Ceed
Ice Fire Warriors
NullSechnaya Sholupen
#555 - 2012-07-11 09:14:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Daemon Ceed
Kyle Ward wrote:
Doddy wrote:
News for you buddy, 3 *1 mil isk ships cannot gank a tanked hulk. In fact 3 t2 catalysts wont kill a tanked hulk either. Your hull clearly wasn't tanked. A tanked hulk has 30k ehp, 40k ehp if you have the foresight to have a gang bonus. Assuming one catalyst is jammed by those ecm drones you dropped they really need 5 t2 catalysts to kill you.

Daemon Ceed wrote:
I'm not going to say that ganking is really really hard by anymeans, but there is a good deal of thought that goes into it. Anyone who thinks it's simply "Warp to the belt, press F1 and laugh hilariously" is very wrong. Target choice is a very good point, however we almost met our match today with a hull+shield tank Hulk with Orca links. There weren't even any mining upgrades on this thing, just tank and 1 stupid roid scanner:

They Can't Gank Me!!

Took 3 of us, but we got him nearly down to the last shot before Concordokken. Plainly put, if Jihad Squad wants your Hulk, it's gonna get it.

Shocked


I'm sure that was the same face he had when he realized he was in his pod. Needless to say, I lol'd when I saw the fit we just killed.

For the cynics, API verified, biotches: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13920646
teh penguins
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#556 - 2012-07-11 10:37:14 UTC
the price difference between the two ships is because of economics not overall ship worth. this isn't wow. players drive teh economy not CCP.
D'go Jahn
Rainbow Commune
#557 - 2012-07-11 15:48:07 UTC
EFF ONEF1 wrote:
Have fun in eq2


This... this is the kind of guy CCP caters to. Great long-term plan devs.
Daemon Ceed
Ice Fire Warriors
NullSechnaya Sholupen
#558 - 2012-07-11 20:04:21 UTC
D'go Jahn wrote:
EFF ONEF1 wrote:
Have fun in eq2


This... this is the kind of guy CCP caters to. Great long-term plan devs.


It is for the type of people we want in this game. HTFU or go back to EQ2/WoW/STOL/etc.
Gambai Fuchette
Mossad Industries
#559 - 2012-07-11 22:18:49 UTC
Daemon Ceed wrote:
D'go Jahn wrote:
EFF ONEF1 wrote:
Have fun in eq2


This... this is the kind of guy CCP caters to. Great long-term plan devs.


It is for the type of people we want in this game. HTFU or go back to EQ2/WoW/STOL/etc.


This thread made me re-subscribe to Eve. Been out for 5 months but I have a big need to start bounty-ing again. No game gives you the freedom like EVE. Pirate
Daemon Ceed
Ice Fire Warriors
NullSechnaya Sholupen
#560 - 2012-07-11 23:02:59 UTC
Gambai Fuchette wrote:
Daemon Ceed wrote:
D'go Jahn wrote:
EFF ONEF1 wrote:
Have fun in eq2


This... this is the kind of guy CCP caters to. Great long-term plan devs.


It is for the type of people we want in this game. HTFU or go back to EQ2/WoW/STOL/etc.


This thread made me re-subscribe to Eve. Been out for 5 months but I have a big need to start bounty-ing again. No game gives you the freedom like EVE. Pirate


Welcome back! See, Hulkageddon doesn't make people leave Eve, it brings them back home :)