These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Destruction Testing the New Wardec System (Ganks Included - Free wardec inside)

First post
Author
Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#21 - 2012-06-09 15:44:07 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Just remember that allies in a war are permanently the war. They will be completely unable to withdraw, and a mutual war will end only when both parties agree to it. The conspiracy theorist in my head is screaming "it's a Goon plot to trap people in a war!"

Someone gets it, give this man a beer.

Really anybody that has a problem with being in a free "forever war" against the biggest alliance in Eve Online doesn't deserve to call themselves a hisec pvper.

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

Fuujin
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#22 - 2012-06-09 17:35:32 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:

Jericho Fraction has been at war pretty much consistently since they turned on the servers. We don't really do anything in hisec except hunt our enemies. For the longest time its been a dream of ours to have a free wardec against a huge imperialist bulk alliance so commerce-raiding amusement can happen without fiscal restraint at the pay in.

Or, "we can't hack it in 0.0 where you don't have to bother paying off concord, so we claimed fiscal restraint as a fig leaf for not doing long wars before."

I'll give you a hint Jade: we're not in the space you claim to avoid, yet we've never seen your happy group of brave pvpers. Wonder why that is...

To everyone else: We welcome more targets! Clearing and owning the undocks at every market hub gets old; please get your ****** merc corps locked into foreverwar they can never leave with GSF today!
Kyle Myr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2012-06-09 17:58:36 UTC
I just want to point out that there are more people defending The Honda Accord than your alliance.
Captain Kanki
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2012-06-09 19:13:26 UTC
Kyle Myr wrote:
I just want to point out that there are more people defending The Honda Accord than your alliance.

Accord is good car
loldadaf Rotineque
SkyNet Experiments
#25 - 2012-06-09 23:43:58 UTC  |  Edited by: loldadaf Rotineque
goons are afraid now Roll
if any goon loses a ship in highsec to you guys I bet the goons will laugh and troll that guy for a while
Elecktra Blue
Perkone
Caldari State
#26 - 2012-06-10 06:54:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Elecktra Blue
Did you really just say "hi sec pvpers" ? Yes station games take skill...Please continue to give us more targets. All you are doing is keeping us from being bored.

Miniluv Minister

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#27 - 2012-06-10 13:12:00 UTC
Elecktra Blue wrote:
Did you really just say "hi sec pvpers" ? Yes station games take skill...Please continue to give us more targets. All you are doing is keeping us from being bored.

Well you were one's making hisec wardecs one has to expect you were anticipating hisec pvpers, and really - superior-than-thou nonsense from a huge click F1 alliance hardly becomes you.

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2012-06-10 16:24:39 UTC
Just to be clear, it's not really a foreverwar against the TEN THOUSAND Goonswarm players, it's a foreverwar against maybe two dozen of us who are not yet sick of station games.

We have no problems blueballing you and pouncing the second you get bored and undock your five billion isk mission running ship. If you want to fight the supposed 9000 players you should just head to nullsec and do so all day for free. But by all means, do join Jade and turn highsec into functional nullsec for us. We will introduce you to the wonders of AFK cloaking.

Though All Men Do Despise Us

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#29 - 2012-06-10 19:55:01 UTC
Reppyk wrote:
Powers Sa wrote:
hahahaha this owns. The only people we enjoy making fun of more than you, is other goons.
I got another funny one for you : http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13444805

Lol

@ the goon above talking about mission ships - wasn't this one of yours? :)

Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2012-06-10 20:56:05 UTC
I don't personally know each of our billion members and thus cannot be held responsible for every membercorp individual who I have never spoken to, but if they want to run highsec level 4 missions in wartarget infested countries, it is their most basic right.

Nevertheless, I am certain that the loss of this two billion isk golem was a significant setback for the strategic-level objectives of the great Goonion, and thus its loss will be mourned. The masses will cry over its burned out husk for weeks at the spaceship equivalent of a state funeral.

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#31 - 2012-06-10 22:40:53 UTC
Krios Ahzek wrote:
I don't personally know each of our billion members and thus cannot be held responsible for every membercorp individual who I have never spoken to, but if they want to run highsec level 4 missions in wartarget infested countries, it is their most basic right.

Nevertheless, I am certain that the loss of this two billion isk golem was a significant setback for the strategic-level objectives of the great Goonion, and thus its loss will be mourned. The masses will cry over its burned out husk for weeks at the spaceship equivalent of a state funeral.

But it is a little ironic you were talking about how hisec'ers were going to lose silly pimped mission ships to your comrades without noticing that seems to be happening in reverse.

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#32 - 2012-06-10 22:50:32 UTC
In this thread highsec people mistakenly think goons care about losses in highsec and goons mistakenly think people care about causing actual damage to them.
Elecktra Blue
Perkone
Caldari State
#33 - 2012-06-11 00:17:53 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
Krios Ahzek wrote:

But it is a little ironic you were talking about how hisec'ers were going to lose silly pimped mission ships to your comrades without noticing that seems to be happening in reverse.

Should you not be off fighting for freedom by means of your brothel?

Miniluv Minister

Doctor Benway Kado
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#34 - 2012-06-11 01:33:30 UTC
Man, I hope you get enough allies that I can break out the smartbombing battleship again. That's always fun, but too many damn neutrals in highsec.
Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#35 - 2012-06-11 13:03:59 UTC
Krios Ahzek wrote:
Just to be clear, it's not really a foreverwar against the TEN THOUSAND Goonswarm players, it's a foreverwar against maybe two dozen of us who are not yet sick of station games.

And the occassional ARK loaded with filthy moon lucre. But seriously, if you guys ever get entirely sick of station-games and hisec hijinks then let mittani know and he can compose the surrender contract.

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#36 - 2012-06-11 13:46:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Jade Constantine
---Update.

Sad news everyone.

Goonswarm have whined CCP into nerfing the Inferno Wardec System because they hated the idea of ever losing even a fraction of their numerical advantage.

Basically defensive allies are being massively nerfed and it will no longer be possible to lock an attacker into a conflict via mutual war that includes any allies at all. (This means that Goonswarm will be able to shed significant offensive wars any time they please without consequence).

And on financial matters - the implication is that it'll be more expensive to call sufficient allies as a defender than it is to make the initial wardec from a 9000 person alliance against a 100 person alliance.

Ah well shrug really.

I guess we'll call it a form of moral victory that Mittani was forced to beg his mates at CCP to nerf the Inferno Wardec System because Goonswarm was being effectively opposed through the ally system.

Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#37 - 2012-06-11 13:52:02 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
Krios Ahzek wrote:

And the occassional ARK loaded with filthy moon lucre. But seriously, if you guys ever get entirely sick of station-games and hisec hijinks then let mittani know and he can compose the surrender contract.

You don't get it, do you?
While I cannot presume to speak for Dear Leader, logic dictates that He will never compose a surrender contract. Do note that in addition to being a Goon, I am also a goon in the most fundamental sense; no title, no glory, no authority. However, I can tell you that virtually any goon in highsec is there specifically to **** with it. In the event that he (the goon) becomes individually bored or broke, he can always leave temporarily.

Thus, there is literally no reason for us to ever want to end the Forever War, therefore the only way out for you, is if YOU and everyone of your allies pay for your sins and surrender in shame. This is why you should continue piling every bottom feeding eel on your wardec. This is not a war; this is pest control.

Fuujin
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#38 - 2012-06-11 15:06:07 UTC
I'm pretty sure it was the "mercs" who were whining to CCP about this, since now if you get wardec'd and want help you just put up an advert and the various hisec pvp bottom feeders will flock to your banner. No more multibillion contracts, no more reputation building campaigns--or at least, they'd get lost in the fray and you'd have bottom feeders seeking to mooch credit.

We've been laughing all the way to the bank with this wardec system as is; being able to shoot everything that moves in hisec has long been a fond dream. Hell, if we're going to pester devs to make changes we'd do so to EXPAND the wardec system--we need to be able to dec NPC corps.
Haquer
Vorkuta Inc
#39 - 2012-06-11 15:28:02 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
---Update.

Sad news everyone.

Goonswarm have whined CCP into nerfing the Inferno Wardec System because they hated the idea of ever losing even a fraction of their numerical advantage.

Basically defensive allies are being massively nerfed and it will no longer be possible to lock an attacker into a conflict via mutual war that includes any allies at all. (This means that Goonswarm will be able to shed significant offensive wars any time they please without consequence).

And on financial matters - the implication is that it'll be more expensive to call sufficient allies as a defender than it is to make the initial wardec from a 9000 person alliance against a 100 person alliance.

Ah well shrug really.

I guess we'll call it a form of moral victory that Mittani was forced to beg his mates at CCP to nerf the Inferno Wardec System because Goonswarm was being effectively opposed through the ally system.

I'm not sure that we made whine threads anywhere about this. The problem became obvious immediately after launch of the Inferno Wardec System when Pandemic Legion started selling war rights with -A- for 1 isk. You are not the first to abuse the system but you will probably be the last, at least until we find loopholes after it is "fixed".
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2012-06-11 15:33:15 UTC
Fuujin wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was the "mercs" who were whining to CCP about this, since now if you get wardec'd and want help you just put up an advert and the various hisec pvp bottom feeders will flock to your banner. No more multibillion contracts, no more reputation building campaigns--or at least, they'd get lost in the fray and you'd have bottom feeders seeking to mooch credit.

We've been laughing all the way to the bank with this wardec system as is; being able to shoot everything that moves in hisec has long been a fond dream. Hell, if we're going to pester devs to make changes we'd do so to EXPAND the wardec system--we need to be able to dec NPC corps.

Don't forget out campaign to make high sec stations destructible.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133