These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Escalation to Inferno Deployment Information

First post
Author
raven415
Special Projects Corp
#81 - 2012-04-24 02:46:40 UTC
Loot Table Changes Show Some Industrialist Love

NPC ships will no longer drop manufacturable T1 loot. NPCs will continue to drop modules, however T1 items which have a blueprint will no longer drop, making player manufacturing the primary source for these items.

how is this industrial love ? who uses t1 meta 0 for anything but melting down for minerals ? how about damaged mods that the npcs were using.
Vexy NiLakum
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#82 - 2012-04-24 02:47:15 UTC
Hi CCP,

There is nothing in the patch notes about the new missile launcher graphics, and the inferno feature page no longer list that as one of the features that is coming up.

Has this been postponed until further notice? Ugh

Thanks.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#83 - 2012-04-24 02:48:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Tauranon
Just Barry wrote:
the REAL carebears in Eve are the ***** ass high sec gankers that go around picking on people that have absoultely NO WAY AT ALL of defending or being in a competitive fight.

instead of balancing and forcing these little **tches to fight in fair matches, your making changes to allow them to pick on people that cannot defend themselves even MORE SO, quite often resulting in many new players leaving the game becuase they never get a chance to be competitive, and so just dont bother with it.

really got to wonder how they manage to increase sub numbers every year.....the stupiditiy is just amazing

you get ganked by flying untanked haulers or exhumers, or by mining in places where ships are commonly lost.

there is no -other- test for reasonable fit or reasonable value/vs/tank in highsec other than other players. ie at this point in time, ganking is kinda necessary, because the game itself doesn't enforce skilled play or thought on fitting for hauling or mining (beyond max yield or max cargo).
Moto Akimoto
Tengu and Cash
#84 - 2012-04-24 03:38:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Moto Akimoto
Just Barry wrote:

Well done CCP, well done to you. I dont know how many magicians you employ, but the fact your sub numbers keep rising is honestly, genuinely, fascinating.

Actually, if you look at the charts at Eve-offline.net ( http://www.eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility ), you will notice that the number of subscribers have remained flat and has decreased at certain points.

The flattening out occured somewhere during spring of 2009, right around the time of "Unholy Rage" where CCP banned 10-20% of active accounts due to botting and/or illegal RMT activity. ( http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=687 ) Was this a coincidence? Was CCP revenues increasing because of the Professional Gamers?

Maybe it had nothing to do with CCP's change of priorities ( i.e. Dust 514, Incarna, etc) and instead it was due to the real world economy ( recessions, real estate collapse, etc). Possibly due to some other MMO launch, idk.

CCP has huge amounts of data in their database and only they know for sure. But I for one have noticed less activity/volume in the markets and online players than this same time last year.
Sinigr Shadowsong
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#85 - 2012-04-24 06:24:37 UTC
Does anyone find that normal rats have bounty+drops while drones have only bounty and no drops is unbalanced?
Elyon Itari
Voyagers
#86 - 2012-04-24 07:31:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Elyon Itari
Iam Widdershins wrote:
Droxlyn wrote:
Uh, I'm confused.

The patch notes say decreasing metalevel, but the words say increasing.
Your counter flips both.
I want the list in increasing order where metalevel 0 is first such that the theoretical cheapest and least powerful is listed first.
Ah, yes, you're right I hadn't noticed that either. I just saw "decreasing" and thought they were putting officer modules at the top.

I think everyone wants crappy modules at the top and awesome ones at the bottom. Let's go with that.
Furthermore, I don't think you need to worry too much about Officer (or indeed Faction, Deadspace or Storyline) modules on the market in the first place ;)

Scratch that, I should learn to not skip a single patch note point:
Quote:
A lot of modules have been added to the market that previously could only be found in Contracts. Mostly these are officer, deadspace, faction and storyline modules. Note that this only means that players can now buy and sell them between themselves.
Each item group now has subgroups for faction/storyline, officer and deadspace; still no need to worry about them getting "mixed in with" or obstructing your standard items browse list :)

Patch notes seem wonderful all around. Don't mind the haters, they gon' hate.
obvious cynoalt
New Conglomerate Army
#87 - 2012-04-24 08:08:38 UTC
we're all gonna have to have jita alts now cos you won't know the value of your faction loot drop from a rat since..........nobody sells that stuff on market in Delve, Fade, Pure Blind etc.

way to ruin the market even more. now faction mod sellers get to play the stupid 0.01 isk game as well.
Teibor
Quay Industries
#88 - 2012-04-24 08:13:43 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Teibor wrote:
still needs clarification on drone alloys that have already dropped and are in hangars etc.

- after DT, will these still appear in hangars if there already before DT?

- will these still repro into the relevent minerals?

edit: seems it mght be in a blog, off for a look.

Nothing's being done to the alloys, they just won't be dropping any more. We're not deleting anything.

thanks
flapie 2
Malevelon Roe Industries
Convocation of Empyreans
#89 - 2012-04-24 09:17:00 UTC  |  Edited by: flapie 2
As an old industrialist i envy the fact CCP is finally going to take on the industrial and construction pillar.

That being sad, these change are gonna screw up the market big time, and if CCP isn't gonna take on the issue of mining that has been moaned about for ages, it aint gonna improve.

I wont hesitate to say these changes should have been combined with mining changes, and as they are not i think CCP is making a mistake doing them now and not taking on the issue of mining itself first.

Hope they do pull this out of a hat really soon or the mineral market + construction market is gonna collapse over time.
PvP will get more expansive as ships price will rise beyond believe, witch is allready happening.

Even meta 0 is removed from the loot table, this i really don't understand, with out boosting some mining these changes are crap.

just my 2cents tho.

PS:
Sinigr Shadowsong wrote:
Does anyone find that normal rats have bounty+drops while drones have only bounty and no drops is unbalanced?

Also has a good point, this whole thing wasn't really thought over very well from my point of view.
Andy DelGardo
#90 - 2012-04-24 10:10:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Andy DelGardo
obvious cynoalt wrote:
we're all gonna have to have jita alts now cos you won't know the value of your faction loot drop from a rat since..........nobody sells that stuff on market in Delve, Fade, Pure Blind etc.

way to ruin the market even more. now faction mod sellers get to play the stupid 0.01 isk game as well.

Why exactly? U still can put those items up for contracts, this also wont change much for the more expansive rare mods. Simply because as seller i still have a adv. to put the mod up for sale using the contract system, since u can see it from everywhere. For more cheap and common faction mods, it adds the ability to easily put up buy/sell orders and trading those becomes more competitive and accessible at the same time.

So no, no one will play 0.01 isk games with mods worth billions since it makes no sense from a seller perspective. The only "bad" thing that will happen is that by selling mods via market u will leave a price "history" footprint, which everyone can lookup. So it becomes harder to manipulate the market for modest priced mods, since everyone can lookup old "samples" of prices and compare them to the manipulated offered stock.

I like the new system since lots of mods in the price range from 5-100mill will be faster to sell/trade, since many players don't use the contract system.
Hemdal
Space Knights Templar
Jita Holding Inc.
#91 - 2012-04-24 10:44:04 UTC
What about drone plexes such as independence, hierarchy and others? What kind of loot will they drop now?
tEcHnOkRaT
WipeOut Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#92 - 2012-04-24 10:57:23 UTC
WTF
they do everything but ship balancing
altough thats what players wont
Jack Mayhem
Kaer Industries
#93 - 2012-04-24 11:18:41 UTC
raven415 wrote:
Loot Table Changes Show Some Industrialist Love

NPC ships will no longer drop manufacturable T1 loot. NPCs will continue to drop modules, however T1 items which have a blueprint will no longer drop, making player manufacturing the primary source for these items.

how is this industrial love ? who uses t1 meta 0 for anything but melting down for minerals ? how about damaged mods that the npcs were using.

Invention. Now T1 manufacturers will have a market - those inventors who are too lazy to produce T1 modules themselves.
Daedra Blue
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#94 - 2012-04-24 11:25:24 UTC
"Downtime will be extended to 13:00."

Just so u know it will happen. Big smile
Love Love Lies
State War Academy
Caldari State
#95 - 2012-04-24 11:50:56 UTC
so no t3 booster nerf in the patch notes!!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!

Dont do it man, dont nerf the t3 booster.
Love Love Lies
State War Academy
Caldari State
#96 - 2012-04-24 11:56:03 UTC
i didnt see anything in the patch notes about racial BCS? wtf? you guys are jacking with my training queue? are we gonna do this or not?

t3 booster nerf could change the motivation for a solo dual box player to boost up leadership skills and prevent an uncessary remap to the obscure c/w attribs.

Racial BCS could mean i immediately stop training and remap back to p/w to train all bcs to 5 or train command ship which imo has been a worthless skill up to this point since the t3 boosters are superior and should remain that way since they cost a shitload more are more fragile etc...
Daedra Blue
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#97 - 2012-04-24 11:59:15 UTC
Love Love Lies wrote:
i didnt see anything in the patch notes about racial BCS? wtf? you guys are jacking with my training queue? are we gonna do this or not?

t3 booster nerf could change the motivation for a solo dual box player to boost up leadership skills and prevent an uncessary remap to the obscure c/w attribs.

Racial BCS could mean i immediately stop training and remap back to p/w to train all bcs to 5 or train command ship which imo has been a worthless skill up to this point since the t3 boosters are superior and should remain that way since they cost a shitload more are more fragile etc...

Fragile t3? I guess if you honor tank it maybe. T3 boosters is a blasphemy to command ships.
Daedra Blue
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#98 - 2012-04-24 11:59:51 UTC
OMG IT ONLINE ON TIME----------->>>> NO WAYY!!!!
Love Love Lies
State War Academy
Caldari State
#99 - 2012-04-24 12:02:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Love Love Lies
Daedra Blue wrote:

Fragile t3? I guess if you honor tank it maybe. T3 boosters is a blasphemy to command ships.

thats right genius, a t3 booster has no tank....ie fragile.

why do they have no tank (apparently you dont know) because in the mid slots they are bogged down with command processors and in the low slots they use cpu mods.

yes they are very fragile. very expensive and are tech 3.

they are also helpless in the sense they have no offensive capabilities.
Ikonia
Royal Amarr Expeditions
#100 - 2012-04-24 12:08:41 UTC
So personally the patch means for me:

Good times ahead, as i am explorer Big smile

From the understanding of what will happen (correct me if i am wrong pls)

- less minerals on market (drone alloys gone)?
- ships become more expensive (market prices of ores will raise)?
- capital ships will be less usefull in both PVE and PVP, except carriers?

As for understanding the drone change: Now everybody gets the same out of drones, no longer depending on the result of refinery values from alloys to metals, which gives newer players a more fair chance to gain cash? So hunting drones equals now in less logistic by gaining approximately the same amount of profit but with less effort?

Well, from my point of view its not of sense flying something thats bigger than a cruiser sized vessel. :) But at least the changes wont hit my market nor my ships tremendously, and from what ive seen i will benefit only, so no reason for complaining. Just bad for all the cap pilots & wormhole corps, pretty good for hisec miners and mission runners.

Cheers