These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Escalation to Inferno Deployment Information

First post
Author
Dafofo
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2012-04-23 15:49:46 UTC
so, no changes in the ship line in this release ?
Zircon Dasher
#22 - 2012-04-23 16:05:49 UTC
Patchnotes wrote:
Security status gains from NPC kills should once again be awarded to every player involved.

\o/ AFK sec grinding is back!

Nerfing High-sec is never the answer. It is the question. The answer is 'YES'.

Simvastatin Montelukast
DUST Expeditionary Team
Good Sax
#23 - 2012-04-23 16:06:24 UTC
Callic Veratar wrote:
TheButcherPete wrote:
Still no word on if the alloys will disappear or not, from player inventories.

They're still supposed to be dropping from Drone missions. There's no reason to completely remove them.

•All common Rogue Drones will no longer drop alloys and will instead have bounties in line with other NPCs.

From the patch notes, seems pretty clear to me.
Freelancer117
So you want to be a Hero
#24 - 2012-04-23 16:12:55 UTC
All those updates in 1 hour, wow wtb(orrow) your hamsters Bear

Eve online is :

A) mining simulator B) glorified chatroom C) spreadsheets online

D) CCP Games Pay to Win at skill leveling, with instant gratification

http://eve-radio.com//images/photos/3419/223/34afa0d7998f0a9a86f737d6.jpg

http://bit.ly/1egr4mF

Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2012-04-23 16:14:19 UTC
what about the V3 Amarr ships? Not making it this time?
CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#26 - 2012-04-23 16:18:55 UTC
Warrior Xena wrote:
This is unclear :

•XL turrets have had their signature resolution set to 2000m.
•Capital Turrets that are fitted to titans now have a new damage-scaling attribute; targets with a signature radius smaller than this size will take reduced damage from these turrets. This does not apply to dreadnaughts.

Right now, dreadnoughts have XL turrets, and those turrets already have a damage-scaling attribute, everything with a sig radius under 1000m ( their current sig resolution ) taking a reduced damage.

Bottom line, will this modification affect the turrets fitted on dreadnoughts or not ?

Sig resolution doesn't affect damage, it only affects tracking. The sig resolution changes will affect dreadnaughts (but there's no difference in siege because of the tracking penalty removal); the damage scaling won't.
Blue Harrier
#27 - 2012-04-23 16:22:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Blue Harrier
Good luck with tomorrows update, will expect TQ to be up and walking around 12:30 and running by 14:00, with severe forum overload due to no-one reading the patchnotes.

From playing (sorry testing) on SiSi for the benefit of the poster above I did notice a small loading drop on my laptop and the client did seem to run quite a bit smoother.

Running 2 clients on my main gaming tower hit less than 50% GPU with a lower memory footprint (other users may have different results), than the TQ clients.

Also to confirm from a blog I’ve seen any Drone Alloys in your inventory/market/storage will remain and you can reprocess or whatever them, but the Drones will no longer drop them.

Otherwise some really nice changes to which we will all have to ‘Adapt or Die’.

"You wait - time passes, Thorin sits down and starts singing about gold." from The Hobbit on ZX Spectrum 1982.

Thomas Moroh
BattleHamsters
Bright Side of Death
#28 - 2012-04-23 16:25:03 UTC
> All common Rogue Drones will no longer drop alloys and will instead have bounties in line with other NPCs. <

That means, ALL the drones? Including mission/anomaly ones? As in, goodbye cheap ships, welcome trit 40 isk per item?
You'll probably hear that question for a hundred times, so it might as well be me who asks :D
Irongut
Sex Money Guns
#29 - 2012-04-23 16:41:19 UTC
Wow a big list of bug fixes, how exciting. The biggest single peice of work is a refactoring that should provide identical functionality to the previous code (except it won't, they never do).

How will I contain the excitement & desire to log in tomorrow afternoon?
Teibor
Quay Industries
#30 - 2012-04-23 17:00:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Teibor
still needs clarification on drone alloys that have already dropped and are in hangars etc.

- after DT, will these still appear in hangars if there already before DT?

- will these still repro into the relevent minerals?

edit: seems it mght be in a blog, off for a look.
Inya Ickers
A Moment of Stillness
#31 - 2012-04-23 17:01:13 UTC
Warrior Xena wrote:
This is unclear :

•XL turrets have had their signature resolution set to 2000m.
•Capital Turrets that are fitted to titans now have a new damage-scaling attribute; targets with a signature radius smaller than this size will take reduced damage from these turrets. This does not apply to dreadnaughts.

Right now, dreadnoughts have XL turrets, and those turrets already have a damage-scaling attribute, everything with a sig radius under 1000m ( their current sig resolution ) taking a reduced damage.

Bottom line, will this modification affect the turrets fitted on dreadnoughts or not ?

like how you ask this question and it actually states "This does not apply to dreadnaughts."
Teclador
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#32 - 2012-04-23 17:06:42 UTC
When you say:

• All common Rogue Drones will no longer drop alloys and will instead have bounties in line with other NPCs.

Did that mean that Drones will get Only Bounty?
And did that also mean that the Bounty is as high as e.g. a Gurista BS with 1.1mil Isk Bounty an equal Drone BS will get the same Bounty of 1.1mil?

So when it goes this way, each Player in Drone Regions or Mission Runners is ****** up, because normal NPC Ships has beside the Bounty a Loot, so why the Drones didn't get there Loot as High as a equal other NPC Ship drops stuff, but as Alloys?

Other Question, why you brainless only remove Alloys from Loot table and didn't find a new thing like spreading Drone Faction BPCs for Drone Faction Ships, to Build with Alloys?

I Mean when changing Drones, then they should get the same Love as any other Faction and the Player will get a new Toy to play with. The Drone Ship Models are in Game, so no new Modeling to do, only some Descriptions and definitions about the Fitting Layouts.
Warrior Xena
Black Wormholes of Apocrypha
TOGETHER WE STAND
#33 - 2012-04-23 17:15:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Warrior Xena
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Sig resolution doesn't affect damage, it only affects tracking. The sig resolution changes will affect dreadnaughts (but there's no difference in siege because of the tracking penalty removal); the damage scaling won't.

Actually, according to this formula, it is an independent parameter
http://wiki.eve-id.net/Tracking
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Turret_damage
""Turret Signature Resolution" is a number qualifying the originally intended target size (in meters) of your gun turret. The smaller the number, the better your chance to hit will be. "

So how is this formula transformed for siege mode ?

Hand-on testing : trying to hit with a dread ( naglfar ) a battleship ( apoc ) orbiting at 20km . After boosting and using the right ammo, the tracking speed of dread's turrets is 0.0063806 rad/sec, while the overview window shows only 0.0058207 rad/sec ( LOWER ) for the target battleship. The optimal range is 56.247 km and accuracy falloff 133.52 km. Out of over 50 shots, NOT EVEN ONE landed on target - all missed. And this before the patch. Obviously the perfect tracking speed boost is nothing to compensate for the signature radius versus signature resolution parameter. And this before the patch.
Warrior Xena
TOGETHER WE STAND
#34 - 2012-04-23 17:17:18 UTC
Inya Ickers wrote:
like how you ask this question and it actually states "This does not apply to dreadnaughts."

If you would also read the answer from CCP youll see that this actually affects the dreads :)
CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#35 - 2012-04-23 17:25:28 UTC
Teibor wrote:
still needs clarification on drone alloys that have already dropped and are in hangars etc.

- after DT, will these still appear in hangars if there already before DT?

- will these still repro into the relevent minerals?

edit: seems it mght be in a blog, off for a look.

Nothing's being done to the alloys, they just won't be dropping any more. We're not deleting anything.

Warrior Xena wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:

Actually, according to this formula, it is an independent parameter
http://wiki.eve-id.net/Tracking
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Turret_damage
""Turret Signature Resolution" is a number qualifying the originally intended target size (in meters) of your gun turret. The smaller the number, the better your chance to hit will be. "

So how is this formula transformed for siege mode ?

Hand-on testing : trying to hit with a dread ( naglfar ) a battleship ( apoc ) orbiting at 20km . After boosting and using the right ammo, the tracking speed of dread's turrets is 0.0063806 rad/sec, while the overview window shows only 0.0058207 rad/sec ( LOWER ) for the target battleship. The optimal range is 56.247 km and accuracy falloff 133.52 km. Out of over 50 shots, NOT EVEN ONE landed on target - all missed. And this before the patch. Obviously the perfect tracking speed boost is nothing to compensate for the signature radius versus signature resolution parameter. And this before the patch.

The sig/sig ratio is multiplied by the transversal/tracking*range ratio. Halving the tracking doubles the size of the second ratio, and doubling the size of the second ratio is the same as doubling the size of the first ratio. Halving tracking speed is the same as doubling sig resolution. Honestly it's completely redundant mathematically to have both terms as they're both static authored values that have the same mechanical effect, but there are benefits for the "readability" of the balance work to having both.
DEFIER ORILIS
Defiance Eden Initiative
#36 - 2012-04-23 17:27:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Defier Orilis
Dang! I am so dang excited about this escalation. I want to sleep until tomorrow! Dang! Great job CCP.
TuxedoMask
Public Enemies CO
The Initiative.
#37 - 2012-04-23 17:31:58 UTC
General comment about the patch notes not having something i want
Warrior Xena
TOGETHER WE STAND
#38 - 2012-04-23 17:32:30 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
The sig/sig ratio is multiplied by the transversal/tracking*range ratio. Halving the tracking doubles the size of the second ratio, and doubling the size of the second ratio is the same as doubling the size of the first ratio. Halving tracking speed is the same as doubling sig resolution. Honestly it's completely redundant mathematically to have both terms as they're both static authored values that have the same mechanical effect, but there are benefits for the "readability" of the balance work to having both.

I agree to that, but right now the dreads are hardly effective against battleships ( requiring 3-4 target painters to actually hit them ). With the new change, they will be completely useless. Usually in eve every ship is efficient against ships the same size or one size smaller. What will the dreads be good for ?
SabotNoob
Doomheim
#39 - 2012-04-23 17:45:15 UTC
There was something I was hoping to see but it wasn't here. I've been pushing for it for a little while. I'd like to have the amount in the Modify Order window pre-highlighted for change. Right now, it's not pre-highlighted when you right click on an order and click Modify Order. You have to either double click or hit Control + A to select the old amount.

If that amount in the Modify Order window is already highlighted, I can just enter in a new amount and skip the step of having to select it. It's a minor thing but it saves time when updating a lot of orders. Any reason this is not a good idea?

Looking forward to the other changes though!
Rivqua
Omega Wing
#40 - 2012-04-23 17:58:39 UTC
Warrior Xena wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:

I agree to that, but right now the dreads are hardly effective against battleships ( requiring 3-4 target painters to actually hit them ). With the new change, they will be completely useless. Usually in eve every ship is efficient against ships the same size or one size smaller. What will the dreads be good for ?

Dread tracking in siege is not being changed at all. Titan Tracking is being nerfed. So Dreads are in a relative boost. It isn't that hard to read and figure out :)