These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

My Apology

First post First post
Author
Ceptia Cyna
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#161 - 2012-03-27 00:46:37 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
You're not a valid subscriber, you're a NPC alt. The opinions of NPC alts don't count for anything.

~10,058~

Yeah right!

A really good post made by you when writing this sincere apology. Oh wait... Roll
Zwo Zateki
Doomheim
#162 - 2012-03-27 00:46:42 UTC
XavierVE wrote:
Sang-in Tiers wrote:
Is he trolling or is he not... He had a wizard hat on while talking about "The Wiz", coincidence?

His apology isn't a troll, but it's not sincere either. The initial reaction of "deal with it" was much more in line with what he'd like to say. He didn't realize how far this would blow up in terms of it being covered by mainstream gaming sites and figures this meandering apology will preserve his chairmanship and his account.

Knowing how CCP loves to cover for their golden boys, he's probably right.

this

http://cvmkr.com/R4JG

Kitfox Mikakka
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#163 - 2012-03-27 00:47:31 UTC
I'd hate to see you resign, Mittani. You've done a bang-up job in the role of helping the CSM and CCP make EVE a better game, and I'd love to see another year of that.
Jessie-A Tassik
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#164 - 2012-03-27 00:47:51 UTC
Xython wrote:
Jessie-A Tassik wrote:
So, Mittens, did CCP directly say "apologize or lose your position" or did you figure that out all by yourself?

After all, the long delay between action and apology makes only the truly, truly stupid actually believe that you are sorry.

Or, if you aren't a shitheaded Pubbie sockpuppet, you could realize that he blacked out later in the night and didn't remember the event until he saw the video.

I know, I know, it's far more fun to picture Mittani as this nefarious cartoon villain, twirling a handlebar mustache, but it turns out that Alex is just a guy -- a really awesome, very classy, highly intelligent guy, but just a guy.

So it WAS just the alcohol! So not a real apology either, is what you are saying?

And nobody told him about it until today!

Wow, the truth is stranger than fiction!
Katsami
Holy Amarrian Battlemonk
Crimson Inquisicion
#165 - 2012-03-27 00:48:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Katsami
The admittedly harsh comments made while someone was drunk gives us full and justifiable reason enough to run him into the ground.

You people are just as bad if not worse and thoroughly disgust me.
Tergerom Loregeron
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#166 - 2012-03-27 00:48:17 UTC
Dez Affinity wrote:
I just don't know if someone with a soul patch is really what you want representing your Icelandic Space Governement.

Maybe someone who represents under .5% of the population is more their style. Sounds right
DelightSucker
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#167 - 2012-03-27 00:49:26 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
You're not a valid subscriber, you're a NPC alt. The opinions of NPC alts don't count for anything.

~10,058~

Im sry but i believe this statement more then you apology

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#168 - 2012-03-27 00:49:35 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
EnderCapitalG wrote:
Literally the only reason this was blown out of proportion is because he's CEO of Goonswarm.

That's it.
I have a horrible feeling this may well be true.

It would not excuse in any way what mittens said, but it is the most likely explanation for the massive reaction to the unfortunate event.
…especially since the reaction was delayed by three days until it was clear that the CSM had a goon chair once again.
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#169 - 2012-03-27 00:50:07 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:

"Just landed. Step one, apologize profusely. Step two, resign. Step three, send all my isk to the victim. Entirely my fault and unacceptable."

Let us know when two and three are done.

One is done, both here and to the miner. Three is done. Two takes a post, and I should probably discuss it with the CSM before I mash butan.

I think Two Step would make a fine Chairman, though.

There ya have it. Folks.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#170 - 2012-03-27 00:50:57 UTC
Methusela wrote:
Mittens I have no reason to like you.

That being said you were drunk. We all say stupid ****. Kid is fine.

Even he sees the funny side which I frankly find amazing.

All of you drama queens should just chill.

This ^

All of it.

This has been blown way out of proportion. Some of you guys have totally lost it. I think internet spaceships are a serious a biz as anyone, but wtf... it's still internet spaceships. Relax, take a deep breath, and go pod yourselves. People say stupid **** drunk all the time, myself included. I can separate the dbaggery I engage in while playing eve from RL... but I've never hung out with other eve people and while I sometimes drunk post on the forums those transgressions of character are easy to ignore because I'm only Gogela.

The apology is fine. Who cares anyway? Whether or not there was an EULA or TOS violation is up to CCP to determine and nothing changes what was done... but in principal from what I gathered its not that big a deal just tasteless. Let up already. I'd rather talk internet spaceships and these stupid treads are burring the useful stuff.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Krutoj
State War Academy
Caldari State
#171 - 2012-03-27 00:51:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Krutoj
Am surprised Alex got into **** about some drunk stunt he pulled off at the appropriate place for it. As far as the footage goes, it could have went up with the name being covered up and beeped, seeing as it somewhat violated privacy or something.

I frankly dont see what Alex did wrong, if I would believe every person who claimed to be suicidle on the Internet, to be true, well that just makes the numbers close to population of New Zealand.

And just like the church, I disapprove of any suicidle tendencies and I be damned if I should feel pity for those selfish people who do it or claim to want to do it, and I suggest the person who complained about this case to re-evaluate his morales.
Lt Pizi
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#172 - 2012-03-27 00:51:04 UTC
Sendo Jarix wrote:
Pandi V wrote:
The Mittani is a douche. You're not. Anyone with a sense of perspective know how much work you've done for EVE and its players (goons and pubbies alike).

Really hope you don't have to resign Sad

/respect Mittens

I just want to quote this post so it doesn't get lost in the sea of posts from people who can't differentiate between the game and real life and think this is a troll or fake apology.

since he postet AS THE real person that apology, you goons should stop posting and let it work the way it will, or not

Goon Tears are best tears, because they're 25% alcohol by volume!

DelightSucker
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#173 - 2012-03-27 00:52:11 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:
The Mittani wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:

"Just landed. Step one, apologize profusely. Step two, resign. Step three, send all my isk to the victim. Entirely my fault and unacceptable."

One is done, both here and to the miner. Three is done. Two takes a post, and I should probably discuss it with the CSM before I mash butan.

There ya have it. Folks.

actually that's the first step towards lets see, i might do it.
Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#174 - 2012-03-27 00:52:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Issler Dainze
The Mittani wrote:
This has been hanging over my head since Thursday when I stumbled away from the Alliance Panel with a vague sense that I had done something horrible. I didn't know the extent of how much of a shitheel I had been until today, when footage of the presentation went up. As many of you now know, I gave out the in-game character name of a Mackinaw miner if anyone had wanted to blow him up - except that I was so smashed that I didn't recall exactly what I said (as anyone who was there can tell you). When I came to the forums the other day and saw threads complaining about my behavior - not remembering what I'd said - I assumed that I was enduring the usual anti-Goonswarm trolls, and posted something like "deal with it~" in my usual "The Mittani" way.

Then I landed, and saw the article listing my actual quote.

Christ.

I feel absolutely ashamed of my behavior at the Alliance Panel. It's one thing to play a villain in an online roleplaying game - when I post on these forums or on twitter, I usually do so as 'The Mittani', and do my level best to convince everyone that I'm an unrepentant space villain, as that kind of facade provides an in-game advantage to me and my alliance. But I am not that character in real life, as anyone who has met me can attest. I went way, way, /way/ past the line on Thursday night by mocking the Mackinaw miner at a real-life event. I, as a person, am not the entity that I play in EVE; I am not actually a sociopath or a sadist, and I certainly don't want people to kill themselves in real life over an internet spaceship game, no matter what I may say or do within the game itself. CCP may say 'EVE is Real', but EVE is not real - and the line between the game and reality should not be overstepped.

I'm relieved to discover that the Mackinaw miner is doing fine and mining away, despite being blown up by Goonswarm in-game. He deserves, and he has, my heartfelt apologies - here in public as well as a private apology. There's no excuse for what I did - while some might try to use my inebriation as a mitigating factor, I put myself in that compromised mental state, and the guilt of that is entirely mine.

If I could go back in time and not have included the slide mentioning the miner, I would do so. While the Eve Online character "The Mittani" would never apologize for any sort of villany in game, I myself, as Alex Gianturco, feel utterly ashamed and sickened by my behavior.

Sir,

This post was exactly the right thing to do.

You again have my support as chairman of CSM 7. I look forward to working with you. I would however understand if you do choose to step down. A lot of folks may not find just the apology enough. Either way, you took the right first step.

Issler Dainze
CSM 7 Member
Lt Pizi
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#175 - 2012-03-27 00:52:19 UTC
Krutoj wrote:
Am surprised Alex got into **** about some drunk stunt he pulled off at the oppropriate place for it. As far as the footage goes, it could have went up with the name being covered up and beeped, seeing as it somewhat violated privacy or something.

I frankly dont see what Alex did wrong, if I would believe every person who claimed to be suecidle on the Internet, to be true, well that just makes the numbers close to population of New Zealand.

And just like the church, I disapprove of any suecidle tendencies and I be damned if I should feel pity for those selfish people who do it or claim to want to do it, and I suggest the person who complained about this case to re-evaluate his morales.

well thenn ... seek professional help , noone here can help you

Goon Tears are best tears, because they're 25% alcohol by volume!

Sing Xing
Doomheim
#176 - 2012-03-27 00:53:11 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Eshtir
I can barely tell what's worse, The Mittani being a huge inappropriate douche on stage or people (people on the CSM even!) trying to take advantage of it for their own politcal agendas.*snip*
Liam Mirren
#177 - 2012-03-27 00:53:22 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
EnderCapitalG wrote:
Literally the only reason this was blown out of proportion is because he's CEO of Goonswarm.

That's it.
I have a horrible feeling this may well be true.

It would not excuse in any way what mittens said, but it is the most likely explanation for the massive reaction to the unfortunate event.
…especially since the reaction was delayed by three days until it was clear that the CSM had a goon chair once again.

I think it's more a case of the majority of folks not having the time to watch the live feeds, and it not being on CCP youtube channel yet. They're now catching on and realising what happened.

Excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude.

ps3ud0nym
Dixon Cox Butte Preservation Society
#178 - 2012-03-27 00:53:28 UTC  |  Edited by: ps3ud0nym
The Mittani wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:

No. You made a mistake and you are making amends for it. While I am the first one to talk about how perception is reality and that you have to avoid the appearance of impropriety, this situation has NOT escalated to the point where that is an appropriate responce. Had the person taken action on his threat: yes. Had he actually been upset or effected by your comments.. also yes. But that isn't the situation you are currently in. What is left is that you made some generally socially unacceptable comments, for which you have apologised deeply. Unless CCP is demanding your head on a platter, I think that resigning is an extreme action and inappropriate at this point in your mandate to say the least.

Stop, take a step back, take a day or two and let this **** calm down (IE: you to calm down). If you still feel that resigning is the only appropriate response and your presence as the head of the CSM will only further harm CCP or EVE.. THEN resign. Right now you are making an emotional and grand gesture which is nothing more than just that, a gesture. Manning up also means taking your lumps and continuing on.
JamesCLK
#179 - 2012-03-27 00:54:07 UTC
Welp, I think as long as Mittens stays in the Icelandair 7, the CSM will do fine.

-- -.-- / -.-. .-.. --- -. . / .. ... / - --- --- / . -..- .--. . -. ... .. ...- . / - --- / ..- -. -.. --- -.-. -.- / ... - --- .--. / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / ... . -. -.. / .... . .-.. .--. / ... - --- .--.

Celina Gam
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#180 - 2012-03-27 00:54:12 UTC
Shade Severii wrote:
I love how Mittani doesn't think he's a sociopath....its hilarious

They dont know them selves... because they are allways better than others = no self insight :)