These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

My Apology

First post First post
Author
OfBalance
Caldari State
#481 - 2012-03-27 02:20:14 UTC
L00B wrote:
Also, where where all you fuckheads BEFORE the apology? I mean, like, there's no way that the EBIL MITTTENS realized that he wasn't proud of something that transpired before you morons figured it out? Cuz, that would be like... so obvious that it doesn't matter what the man does, and ya'll are just the Eve equivalent of the "Party of NO".

You leave that 12 year old boy and his petition out of this!
Amity Lane
Hek Mining Association
#482 - 2012-03-27 02:20:29 UTC
L00B wrote:
Also, where where all you fuckheads BEFORE the apology? I mean, like, there's no way that the EBIL MITTTENS realized that he wasn't proud of something that transpired before you morons figured it out? Cuz, that would be like... so obvious that it doesn't matter what the man does, and ya'll are just the Eve equivalent of the "Party of NO".

...did you miss the 94+-page thread that came about before this one?
Benilopax
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#483 - 2012-03-27 02:20:29 UTC
Wacktopia wrote:
I'm pretty sure that cyber bullying is considered a felony now in extreme cases. Certainly seen some news coverage recently on it.

People talking about bans and resignations when this is far from the 'worse case scenario'.

Somebody could make a complaint to the police (I am in no way suggesting it) but there could be issues over who has jurisdiction. Iceland, America or the country the victim comes from.

Internet law is in it's infancy, and I think getting police involved is going way too far for this case.

Nick Bison
Bison Industrial Inc
#484 - 2012-03-27 02:20:55 UTC
"Deal with it."
- and -
"You're not a valid subscriber, you're a NPC alt. The opinions of NPC alts don't count for anything."
~10,058~

I just can't reconcile these Mittani initial responses with "The Appology" he posted.

Quit clearly in his early replies demonstrate both his knowledge of his wrongdoing and his complete disregard or dismissal of it. Perhaps too full of himself or beleiving he is above taking responsibility for his actions?

Once he completes all three steps he outlined, this inlcuded resgination from CSM, we can all move on.
Heck, he'll just get voted back in next year.

Nothing clever at this time.

Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#485 - 2012-03-27 02:21:11 UTC
Endeavour Starfleet wrote:
Darius III wrote:
He said he would step down, probably just as chairman, which isnt enough to make it right. People in power never resign except for religious officials caught in sex scandals. He will cling to power in any form. Th eapology is not IMO sincere in the slightest, look at what he wrote immediately following the first post. This is damage control, nothing more.

He knows that resigning completely from CSM7 is the right move, but he will not. We will see how CCP responds to this soon I think. He made this presentation in advance, I know this guy, trust me he bullies people if he thinks he can get away with it. I know first hand, having seen it myself in CSM. He excluded me from Skype shat before I ever even made an introduction post. This is how he is, and the real Mittani is the one on stage not the one apologizing in the OP.

~1282~

He should not step down from Chairman. This apology is enough.

Bullshit.

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Ice Fist
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#486 - 2012-03-27 02:21:21 UTC
Most of the people wanting to get rid of Mittens already genuinely hated him. Just look at Darius. He hates Mittens so much he's gloating to goons in evemails about how excited he is that he's finally in trouble:

Quote:
To: Ice Fist
INBOX
Remove Label

Keep saying that there was NDA breach when devs said clearly there never was. I will continue enjoying your impotent rage as I sit on CSM6, 7 and 8. Toodles. Mittani will be out in 24 hours, bet?

Seriously, this is the guy championing the end of the Mittani on the CSM. You think Mittens is immature for this incident? What about the this guy? Hopefully he won't break the NDA again in this term.
XxTheKmanxX
Thunderwaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#487 - 2012-03-27 02:21:39 UTC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0 a mittani public appology via youtube.
Clyde ElectraGlide
Emara Entertainment Inc.
#488 - 2012-03-27 02:22:13 UTC
Don't you dare resign from chairmanship Mittens. What you did was admittedly stupid and shouldn't have been said, considering it was the alliance panel at fanfest and you were drunk off your ass, and you seem legitimately sorry for what happened I say live and let die. The Wis doesn't seem that bothered by it either and accepted the apology, so I don't see any need for people to drag out the debacle any more.

Maybe a reprimand by CCP or something, but removal from the CSM would be a slap in the face to all the progress made during the previous CSM. He's too important to the process, and while Two step is a great guy I still think only Mittens has the attitude that is needed to lead the CSM.

In Need of a New Signature

R0Y4L
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#489 - 2012-03-27 02:22:16 UTC
Daviclond wrote:

nobody has been cyber bullied you gigantic baby

o goons ... they have so many people but no brains Lol

**IF  YOU   DONT  WANNA  DIE  DONT  FLY  **

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#490 - 2012-03-27 02:22:20 UTC
Muestereate wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Marduk Nibiru wrote:
[..in fact, I would put a great deal of money betting down that you're in AA or NA. Never ceases to amaze me how much peolpe who've "recovered" from substance abuse end up trying to convert everyone into thinking they've all got the same problem.

As a member of AA.....it is a program of promotion NOT ATTRACTION.

Nobody in AA ever, ever 'converts' or even mentions to someone that they have an 'issue'. That is up for the alcoholic to realize. Talking to a using alcoholic does not work. Never has, never will. I threw myself into a rehab in 1997 by my own hand, nobody else's.

And as an observer of alcoholics for well over 15 years now, I can say that I do believe the mittani (I can't capitalize it after all this) is a black-out drinker.

Whether he is alcoholic to the point of being unable to leave it alone, that is up to him to decide. But by his own words he is a blackout drinker, which is indeed well on the path to full blown addiction.

Next time, type about recovery and AA and things related when you actually know what you are talking about.

well Krix there are only three things that cause blackouts, a doctor looks for brain trauma like a baseball bat to the head. Schizophrenia or alcoholism.

People today spend less and less time "in " the disease" A question often asked today is whether alcohol use has negative consequences for you or those around you. If it does stop, If you can't stop, call AA. What kind of person keeps doing stuff over and over that hurts themselves in some way shape or form?

I personally have a drink once or twice a year.

There has been a time or two when I went far enough to not remember every comment I made during the evening precisely the next day.

According to your definition I'm having black outs and am an alcoholic.

I guess it's time to quit my job at the university and turn myself in to rehab. Big smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Demarcus
Killjoy.
#491 - 2012-03-27 02:22:21 UTC
Tyrrax Thorrk wrote:
Demarcus wrote:
As my former CEO I love you Tyrrax, but what does what he used to do in real life have to do with anything. If he has any respect for the position he was voted into he needs to resign it.

I don't know what makes me feel sicker, the events at question or the CEO of GHSC going PL.

I was just correcting the guy I was quoting about the lawyer thing.
Why should Mittani resign over something as trivial as this ? "victim" seems fine, and rich because of of Mittani's mistake.

Public apology, reparations...
Seems excessive to me to expect more, 10000 people voted him in, and vast majority of them would sure as **** vote him in again if elections were held right now.

PS; Why does me joining PL make you feel sick ? lol

It is a matter of public representation. He was elected to represent ALL of us. He failed immediately and miserably. Stepping down would be just the right thing.

EVE has hundreds of thousands of subscribers, tens of thousands of them are total assholes. I know, you and me are two of them ;)
OfBalance
Caldari State
#492 - 2012-03-27 02:22:34 UTC
D3 for chairman, nda leaks for everyone!
Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#493 - 2012-03-27 02:23:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Jade Constantine
Rob Daphiti wrote:
Why is everyone freaking this its what happens in the game over and over and nothing is done and hell its encouraged. Hell you have all seen it on the forums as well maybe not the exact way but its here. If someone comes on forums and says something you all attack them also. You should have had your macs aligned ha hah your an idiot can i haz your stuff. U mad bro and many other comments a 10 yo could come up with this is the typical eve players. Look at what they allow to happen and only because its in the spotlight anything is done about it. You even see it on the forums here about griefing a guy till he quits and they think putting someone through hell is funny. Hes a miner he should just quit anyway blah blah grief them all. This guy is a freaking idiot look at his fit blah blah kill his moron!! hahahhahah. This is nothing new CCP should come out and say yup this is the type of game we want eve to be or they should start cracking down on it in game and on the forums. You don't have to grief to have fun in eve but that is what everyone loves to do and they say they will quit if i can't grief people and act exactly like MIT acted like. You can go to war and not be a **** and have fun mature time fighting over sov and whatever you want to do. Quit trying to cover up what you all cherish doing, its what eve is known for. This is eve can i have you stuff since you butt hurt. Flame away and attack me for the true i just spoke its what you guys do best.

Well mr no linebreak. The simple answer is that when this stuff gets done in the game its assumed to be "in character" - its "the mittani" being a nasty piece of work to some random space pilot and his barge or "the mittani" scamming some space academy guy or "the mittani" doing some spying stuff and claiming the credit for some other guys fail cascading etc.

But what happened at fanfest had nothing to do with "the mittani" the character. It was Alex gianturkeyo ripping on some other player as the leader of Eve's player council in the view of the cameras in a performance that was immediately replayed and analysed by the gaming press.

If you mr nolinebreaks where to go and ransom some dude at an asteroid belt and say nasty things about his manhood (or lack therein) nobody would really care because you didn't have a tv crew recording it and streaming onto the internet.

And thats another difference really. When you stand for CSM elections you agree to set an example by your real life behaviour for other players and the example that Alex set on stage at fanfest was a frankly terrible one - indulging in a nasty little case of cyberbullying and namecalling and incitement to harrass some other player for the laughs and indulgent of his circlejerk.

He did it as himself, the leader of the CSM. And as you are seeing from the responses of genuine independent eve players in this thread - its simply not acceptable.

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

Shade Severii
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#494 - 2012-03-27 02:23:36 UTC
XxTheKmanxX wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0 a mittani public appology via youtube.

I ******* new it was going to be rick roll

BUT I CLICKED ON IT ANYWAYS

*rips off clothes starts doing the Carlton dance
Zagdul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#495 - 2012-03-27 02:24:30 UTC
Calanthe Maulerant wrote:
YOU ARE AND ALWAYS WILL BE SPACE KING OF MY HEART.

WTF am I?

GIVE ME ATTENTION TOO

Dual Pane idea: Click!

CCP Please Implement

L00B
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#496 - 2012-03-27 02:24:32 UTC
Amity Lane wrote:
L00B wrote:

...did you miss the 94+-page thread that came about before this one?

I see a 94 page thread, but about as many 'thumbs up' as Xenuria received in support of his campaign. We all know how that turned out.
Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#497 - 2012-03-27 02:24:48 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Unlike most of the EVE players who are posting, especially those brainwashed to GoonThink, the REAL WORLD TAKES THIS VERY SERIOUSLY.

CCP will unfortunately now have to insert certain rules into our Game.

Sony, known for it's campaign against cyber-bullying, is now in a perfect position to drop Dust 514 like a Hot Potato.

THIS is exactly the kind of crap that kind of company will not deal with. At all.

Things will change unfortunately.

They absolutely will if CCP, no longer the truly independent free-spirit of the gaming world, wants to continue courting businesses like Sony and NVidia.

This kind of press to Sony: no Sir, they don't like it.

But then, when the mittani (I just can't capitalize it after this) brought the Goons over to OUR game, he said it was with the intent to destroy the game for everyone.

His words.

Congratulations Sir, you have succeeded beyond your wildest dreams.

Quoted for truth.

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

Lord Wiggin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#498 - 2012-03-27 02:25:05 UTC
I'm scratching my head at some of these responses, it seems his rabid followers still haven't realized that he went to far.
Certainly from the tone of his post he thinks he went too far, or it's all a troll, who knows...Smile

RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#499 - 2012-03-27 02:25:34 UTC
Benilopax wrote:
Wacktopia wrote:
I'm pretty sure that cyber bullying is considered a felony now in extreme cases. Certainly seen some news coverage recently on it.

People talking about bans and resignations when this is far from the 'worse case scenario'.

Somebody could make a complaint to the police (I am in no way suggesting it) but there could be issues over who has jurisdiction. Iceland, America or the country the victim comes from.

Internet law is in it's infancy, and I think getting police involved is going way too far for this case.

FBI would actually be where you start for cyber bullying in the USA since he is a US citizen.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

Kitfox Mikakka
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#500 - 2012-03-27 02:25:36 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
And as you are seeing from the responses of genuine independent eve players in this thread - its simply not acceptable.

And you're completely ignoring every single independent eve player who's saying they support him and his apology. But that's no real surprise.