These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Logoffski exploit, video proof.

First post
Author
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-03-24 09:28:29 UTC  |  Edited by: RougeOperator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USepJOINZKk&feature=g-u-u&context=G2a828a3FUAAAAAAAAAA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USepJOINZKk&feature=g-u-u&context=G2a828a3FUAAAAAAAAAA


Guy jumps a freighter into low sec.

He logs out before even loading the system.

His freighter decloaks.

One of our guys point it. Thinking we have 15 min to kill it.

Warp in and start shooting it and less the a minute with only 15% hull or so left if that, it just vanishes.

If this is working as intended CCP can get bent.

From the wiki

PvP Log Off Timer (15 Minutes)

The PvP log off timer is triggered by any aggressive action a pilot takes or is taken against him. If a pilot with an active PvP log off timer logs out from the game, his ship will remain in space for at least 15 minutes afterward. If the pilot is shot again after logging off within the 15 minutes, the timer will reset to 15 minutes. This timer will renew for the capsule, should the ship be destroyed.


The wiki indicates its an exploit.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#2 - 2012-03-24 09:34:52 UTC
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Logging_out

"Please note that if a player logs out of the game without an aggression timer/PvP logout timer and is shot at or aggressed in other ways before his ship disappears from space, he will not be given an aggression timer (unless the player logs in again within 15 minutes), which in turn leads to his ship disappearing exactly one minute after the time which he logged out of the game. The ship will still take damage as normal however, so if you are packing enough firepower to destroy the ship before the one minute timer is over, it will be destroyed. "

So yeah, working as intended, I guess. I suggest bringing more lazorz
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-03-24 09:40:23 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Logging_out

"Please note that if a player logs out of the game without an aggression timer/PvP logout timer and is shot at or aggressed in other ways before his ship disappears from space, he will not be given an aggression timer (unless the player logs in again within 15 minutes), which in turn leads to his ship disappearing exactly one minute after the time which he logged out of the game. The ship will still take damage as normal however, so if you are packing enough firepower to destroy the ship before the one minute timer is over, it will be destroyed. "

So yeah, working as intended, I guess. I suggest bringing more lazorz



Jump gate log out to cheat on timers.

Seems pretty much like an exploit and not the intent of the rule.

Logging off to avoid timers to get away is not how this stuff is supposed to work. If it is supposed to work that way a CCP DEV better speak up and say so now.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

Vaal Erit
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-03-24 09:42:10 UTC
It's quite possibly the lamest thing in EVE and should have been changed years ago. There's really no words to describe. It it the single lamest and most broken log off mechanic I've ever seen in a MMORPG.

CCP should be embarrassed for letting this stay in the game for so long. It's really that bad.
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2012-03-24 09:47:50 UTC  |  Edited by: RougeOperator
Vaal Erit wrote:
It's quite possibly the lamest thing in EVE and should have been changed years ago. There's really no words to describe. It it the single lamest and most broken log off mechanic I've ever seen in a MMORPG.

CCP should be embarrassed for letting this stay in the game for so long. It's really that bad.



It really freaking is isnt it.

This is just mindbogglingly bad over site as far as I can tell.

If i dont have 50 guys in BCs and BSes that can tank gate guns we cant gank a freighter is what it comes down too.

Laying the trap like we did was worthless cause we had to be right there on gate from the start to make sure it died before the timer. That window of opportunity is freaking too small. Its just asinine to say the least cause it basically prevents us from setting up any traps. All your DPS must be on gate when it jumps through basically. We even avoided the scout of the guy by moving around a lot so he would feel safe enough to jump in!

Its utter rubbish that this is in game and possible.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#6 - 2012-03-24 09:51:26 UTC
So how would you fix it so that the mechanic doesn't screw over Joe Average, who has to log his BS off now (in space) to get to work in the morning?

At least you can't log out from combat any more.

I agree this freighter being able to log off to avoid the OP is a bit dumb. I do not think he logged off before loading the system, though, just while he was under cloak. (Do these ships cloak after jumping, like subcaps?)
Aethlyn
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-03-24 09:54:47 UTC
Freighters work exactly like any other smaller ship. They're classified as capitals, but fly like any other ship (only exception being the "can't pickup anything in space other than freighter wreck contents").

Looking for more thoughts? Follow me on Twitter.

RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2012-03-24 09:55:20 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
So how would you fix it so that the mechanic doesn't screw over Joe Average, who has to log his BS off now (in space) to get to work in the morning?

At least you can't log out from combat any more.

I agree this freighter being able to log off to avoid the OP is a bit dumb. I do not think he logged off before loading the system, though, just while he was under cloak. (Do these ships cloak after jumping, like subcaps?)



Simple make such things petionable action and destroy the guys ship and items for using the exploit and give the players he cheated the isk value of the items destroyed split amongst those the logs show shooting it.

There are a million ways to fix this.

There are many things in the past CCP said were exploits they could take action against without having to do any special coding. Such as putting to many cans out on a gate being and exploit etc.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

Spectre80
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-03-24 09:56:07 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Logging_out

"Please note that if a player logs out of the game without an aggression timer/PvP logout timer and is shot at or aggressed in other ways before his ship disappears from space, he will not be given an aggression timer (unless the player logs in again within 15 minutes), which in turn leads to his ship disappearing exactly one minute after the time which he logged out of the game. The ship will still take damage as normal however, so if you are packing enough firepower to destroy the ship before the one minute timer is over, it will be destroyed. "

So yeah, working as intended, I guess. I suggest bringing more lazorz



Jump gate log out to cheat on timers.

Seems pretty much like an exploit and not the intent of the rule.

Logging off to avoid timers to get away is not how this stuff is supposed to work. If it is supposed to work that way a CCP DEV better speak up and say so now.



shut up you big baby. bring more firepower
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-03-24 09:58:36 UTC
Spectre80 wrote:



shut up you big baby. bring more firepower



Yeah cause 20 guys taking it to 15% hull in less then 30 seconds is not enough firepower.......


Thats clearly a ridiculous burden to put on the players.

You know what all log offs should have the 15 min rule cause this is freaking broken.


**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

Steve Celeste
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-03-24 09:59:09 UTC
While that was a mildly interesting story, the real question here is: what exactly is a rouge operator?

Is it a make-up artist?
Maybe someone operating a machine that makes cosmetic products?

Or is it slang for someone who puts on his wife's clothes and make-up when she is away from home?
Vaal Erit
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#12 - 2012-03-24 10:02:08 UTC
Easy, you have to do a 5-10 second log off process before your ship leaves space. You decloak and slow down during these 5-10 seconds and if you get attacked, you cancel your log off process. You know, like how camping works in every other mmorpg. Apparently every other MMORPG is hardcore while EVE is a joke.

And yes I understand there are people who crash when they jump into a gate. Too bad. I don't get invulnerability if I crash or my router drops me during pvp.
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2012-03-24 10:10:35 UTC
Vaal Erit wrote:
Easy, you have to do a 5-10 second log off process before your ship leaves space. You decloak and slow down during these 5-10 seconds and if you get attacked, you cancel your log off process. You know, like how camping works in every other mmorpg. Apparently every other MMORPG is hardcore while EVE is a joke.

And yes I understand there are people who crash when they jump into a gate. Too bad. I don't get invulnerability if I crash or my router drops me during pvp.



Nails it.

This is really freaking pathetic.

I want a dev in here to explain this craptastic bull.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

Sidrun
Life sucks then you die Ltd.
#14 - 2012-03-24 10:29:17 UTC
How do you know the guys' client didn't crash while trying to load system?
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-03-24 10:32:35 UTC  |  Edited by: RougeOperator
Sidrun wrote:
How do you know the guys' client didn't crash while trying to load system?



Why would that matter. He decided to jump to low sec. He new or should know the risks.

If you got a bad connection that's not my fault. If you got such a bad connection that it crashes when you jump to a system you deserve to have your stuff blown up.

You really made a weak and silly point. Its a non starter.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

seany1212
Drunkendis Order
#16 - 2012-03-24 10:34:43 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:
Sidrun wrote:
How do you know the guys' client didn't crash while trying to load system?



Why would that matter. He decided to jump to low sec. He new or should know the risks.

If you got a bad connection that's not my fault. If you got such a bad connection that it crashes when you jump to a system you deserve to have your stuff blown up.


QFT, and Sidrun's really going to take that approach... really..? Even if the guy didn't disconnect you think he's going to make it back to gate? Roll
Gorki Andropov
I Dn't Knw Wht You Wnt Bt I Cn't Gve It Anymre
#17 - 2012-03-24 10:38:41 UTC
My tear cup is 1% full ... are you the 99%, OP?
Spectre80
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-03-24 10:43:39 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:
Spectre80 wrote:



shut up you big baby. bring more firepower



Yeah cause 20 guys taking it to 15% hull in less then 30 seconds is not enough firepower.......


Thats clearly a ridiculous burden to put on the players.

You know what all log offs should have the 15 min rule cause this is freaking broken.




you are jus full oft fail. 10 tornados suicidegank freighters in higsec...
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#19 - 2012-03-24 10:50:33 UTC
Spectre80 wrote:

you are jus full oft fail. 10 tornados suicidegank freighters in higsec...


Yeah, it turns out, like, in lowsec, right, you know, in a real fight, or on a gate, you need this thing, right, called tanking, and if you're moving around, right, like these guys, like, you need, like, not a battleship, because it's slow as arse, like.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#20 - 2012-03-24 11:03:40 UTC
The guy has to log back in again sometime.
123Next pageLast page