These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Incoming titan adjustments

First post First post
Author
Iniquita
Perkone
Caldari State
#121 - 2012-03-13 13:00:42 UTC
My complaint is this: Dont do half assed changes. Devote the resources to properly rebalance titans in one go. You've already done enough to nerf them repeatedly without any positive changes.
Kardek Stormlord
The Fallen Legion
#122 - 2012-03-13 13:01:14 UTC
Wow I thought the guys who decided all the station walking crap were fired but it seems they made it onto this balance team!

Guess CCP wants it to be just all about the blob.

Drake #682 in Fleet 3 ready! Zzzz
Neo Agricola
Gallente Federation
#123 - 2012-03-13 13:01:32 UTC
First Thought: Nice Changes!!!

Second thought:

Can please anyone check if, with those new changes, Titans and Supers can still speedtank Dreads in Siege?
Because I still think that is a big LOL if you cant hit something perfectly what is 18 km big and moving with 100m/s because you are in siege.
Wasn't siege plant as a anti cap / anti supercap weapon or is that thing only a anti-POS / anti Station Weapon?

Thx.

DISSONANCE is recruiting Members: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=706442#post706442 Black-Mark Alliance Recruitment: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6710

Chad VanGaalen
Straylight Systems
#124 - 2012-03-13 13:02:05 UTC
CCP doesn't seem to be capable of learning from the fact that hastily-made changes to not a balanced game make.

1) Stop ******* around with noobships and other ridiculous changes.
2) Instead of constantly repeating that supers and titans need to be re-tooled, get off your asses and do something about it.
3) Keep catering to the tears of Goons. You're great at it.

Seriously, your entire post of discarded changes reeks of laziness.

Drake, MWD fit with T2 Heavies and 2x LSE: 3.16k signature
Archon: 2.92k signature

This game is going to hell.

Damage Control Podcast www.realmenhulltank.com

Emily Heapy
Sinclair Corporation
#125 - 2012-03-13 13:02:07 UTC
Dank Man wrote:
Wow, ccp you must love goons and blobs. because this nerf make the bigger subcap blob win all fights, congrats mittens and goons, you cried enough on the forums and welped enough fleets into capital weapons that you got what you wanted, a capital weapon shield! gg.

Now wipe those tears Mister. Every cloud and all that, at least now you will learn that PvP is more than just Log on titan > Slam head against keyboard and pwn everything. You may even learn some kills now!!!!

Regards

Emily

p.s. I will buy your titan, 30b isk ready
Mr Rive
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#126 - 2012-03-13 13:04:20 UTC
A bad tool blames his workers
Mintrolio
Doomheim
#127 - 2012-03-13 13:04:27 UTC
CONFRIMIGN GOOSEWAMP MITANI WIL TAKIGN CREDIT OF CORSE.

ALSO REMEMBRE THESE WAS FIRST MIEN IDEA FROM BEFORE I LOSIGN MINE TITANS.

ALSO I NOT FEEL BAD THET IDEA TAKENS BY PEEPOL ABLE TO USIGN IDEA.

ALSO I AM HAPY TO SEEIGN MINE CHANGE RECONMENDS TO BE IMPLEMETT IN GAME.

KEEP UP GOOD POASTIGN!
Dead All Capitals
Ein Kaefig voller Helden.
Goonswarm Federation
#128 - 2012-03-13 13:04:52 UTC
SuperBeastie wrote:
Titans reduced to 3 maximum locked targets, and base scan resolution reduced to 5

it takes a ship with 11.1 scan res 54 seconds to lock a dread. yep that makes sense!

Never not using Sensor Booster on Titans!
Euphorion
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#129 - 2012-03-13 13:04:52 UTC
Joran Jackson wrote:
Euphorion wrote:
Shield titans should have more sig res than armor tanking titans, due to their incredible difficulty of fitting sebos, and sigamps being terrible.

You shield tank your titan?

Leviathans and Ragnaroks kind of could use some shield tanking. Putting a sensor booster on those hurts more than armor tanking titans.
Aryndel Vyst
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#130 - 2012-03-13 13:05:16 UTC
Mike712 wrote:
Courthouse wrote:
Mike712 wrote:
Courthouse wrote:
Mike712 wrote:
So goons fly blobs of 2 LSE perma MWDing drakes(read massive sig, in fact as big as a carrier) against titans for 2 months to make them look OP, then titans get nerfed.

Good job goons/mittens now you should have the upper hand against a foe who you greatly outnumber....

Counterpoint: You're from battleclinic and thus have zero idea what you're talking about when it comes to PVP in EVE Online.

lol, you couldn't be more wrong, all of the battleclinic mods are PvPers.

I've seen your website. I'm certain that I'm not.

BattleClinic's main aim is to help rookie pilots, just because I devote a large part of my spare time to helping people with their mission fits dose not infer that I know nothing about PvP, it's simply that I enjoy educating people on basic ship fitting and that's where a part of my enjoyment of eve comes from.

I only use your site to find botting fits. Whoops
Shade Millith
Tactical Farmers.
Pandemic Horde
#131 - 2012-03-13 13:05:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Shade Millith
Quote:
The scan res number is balanced around multiple Cormack's sensor boosters, on the assumption that money is not a limiting factor for titan pilots, and therefore that people will shell out for officer SBs if that lets them continue do this kind of thing. Our understanding is that this isn't standard practice right now, but we have to balance for expected behavior after the change, and for worst-case scenarios.

And what about the two shield titans? The two armor titans don't have to lower their tank, but the shield tankers do?
Magnifikus Erzverwirrer
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#132 - 2012-03-13 13:06:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Magnifikus Erzverwirrer
CAN YOU PLEASE ATLEAST FIX BRIDGE BUG FOR GOONSWARMONLINE2012? or are all your fuck1ing ressources are bound on painting hello kitty pictures on ibis and reaper?
Nomad I
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#133 - 2012-03-13 13:07:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Nomad I
It's a great patch, because Titans became a role to destroy capitals not subcaps. A Titan pilot now needs a better support fleet.
Pallidum Treponema
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#134 - 2012-03-13 13:07:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Pallidum Treponema
Andski wrote:
Rachael Tyrelll wrote:

So which one of those is the titan? Oh yeah, the one that kills rock, paper and scissors

This is why a supercap balancing needs to involve a proper counter. Currently, there IS no cost-effective proper counter, which is why supercaps are imbalanced. Instead of nerfing supercaps to oblivion, CCP needs to create a cost-effective, low-sp friendly counter to supercaps. I refer to my previous post about torpedoboats for such a counter.
Anuqet
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#135 - 2012-03-13 13:07:25 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Ikoma Sunblazer wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:
The scan res number is balanced around multiple Cormack's sensor boosters, on the assumption that money is not a limiting factor for titan pilots, and therefore that people will shell out for officer SBs if that lets them continue do this kind of thing.

All things aside, this is a pretty hilarious assumption that doesn't make sense in context. With a base sensor strength of 5, you are talking about a few seconds difference between t2 and cormack out of a probable minute+ lock time.

Well worth the 4b+ sensor booster imo Lol

Gains you 25s against frigates (105 to 79, assuming 3 are fitted), 15s against cruisers (64 to 49) and 10s against battleships (44 to 33).

If you see this as a big difference, then it's worth balancing around the officer fit given that dropping 12bn on SBs is not a huge fraction of the outlay for a properly-fit titan. If you don't see this as a big difference, then balancing around the officer fit isn't a big deal because it's not having a major impact. Either way, it's a functional assumption Smile

Just swining by to point out that cormacs are 10b each atm. Pretty sure that will double tonight.
So putting 30b (now) or 60b (in 12h) on a fit for a ship costing 63b to build is kinda funny. )))
Vissor
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#136 - 2012-03-13 13:08:22 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Ikoma Sunblazer wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:
The scan res number is balanced around multiple Cormack's sensor boosters, on the assumption that money is not a limiting factor for titan pilots, and therefore that people will shell out for officer SBs if that lets them continue do this kind of thing.

All things aside, this is a pretty hilarious assumption that doesn't make sense in context. With a base sensor strength of 5, you are talking about a few seconds difference between t2 and cormack out of a probable minute+ lock time.

Well worth the 4b+ sensor booster imo Lol

Gains you 25s against frigates (105 to 79, assuming 3 are fitted), 15s against cruisers (64 to 49) and 10s against battleships (44 to 33).

If you see this as a big difference, then it's worth balancing around the officer fit given that dropping 12bn on SBs is not a huge fraction of the outlay for a properly-fit titan. If you don't see this as a big difference, then balancing around the officer fit isn't a big deal because it's not having a major impact. Either way, it's a functional assumption Smile

Are you re.....d? why should i even try to lock frigate or cruiser after all of these changes? if there like 1% chance to hit cruiser?
Your assumptions are pretty much invalid and to be honest lack any logical thinking so I am really intrested how you even got this job? I think you are better suited as janitor or something. Take that functional assumption. Bye.
Shnejder
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#137 - 2012-03-13 13:08:41 UTC
Great, now you just need to rebalance Moongo.
Oh wait, Mittens pay you to not do it Lol
Sentinel Eeex
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#138 - 2012-03-13 13:08:41 UTC
conqueror2006 wrote:

CAN CCP EXPLAIN TO PLAYERS WHY

HAD PEOPLE SPENT TOO MUTCH TIME

- skiling ...
- spending bilions in skills
- spending years of training
- if one IBIS CAN KILL and ONE TITAN NO

AND KNOW IS f................ the playerS with all this wish to some guys.

IS BETTER SOME GUYS START AND LEARN HOW TO PLAY A GAME, IF NOT THERE IS OTHER KIND OF GAMES
TO THAT PERSONS.

Just imagine how much time and money those industrialists with 10 accounts and 5 T2 BPOs have spent, and how many skills they had to train.

I reckon they should obliterate entire fleets by just showing up on grid in Viators.
Martha Hamster
#139 - 2012-03-13 13:08:48 UTC
Oww yes, CCP, good job. Goonswarm demands, lets give them exactly what they want for no particular reason.

5 scan res is a joke, it has to be higher. Halved tracking is too much, but not drasticly so. 3 targets locked is too few, too, but it would be ok if the scan res was acceptable.
Sadron
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#140 - 2012-03-13 13:09:00 UTC
Nice I love it. They will be as they need to be as capital killers. So it is not nerf, but more balancing.
Finally something good is happening *thumbs up*.