These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Incoming titan adjustments

First post First post
Author
Andski
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#601 - 2012-03-13 20:01:03 UTC
Tamplarul wrote:
was another guy on titan

The point is that he's awful at this game and lost two supercarriers faster than anybody I know

The Mittani, for all your supercapital trading needs~~~~~~~

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Crakachunky
Elite Mining Services
#602 - 2012-03-13 20:01:32 UTC
okay so now fleet fights will work like this:

600 dudes meet 600 dudes, one side starts loosing and brings in carriers for reps, other side deploys dreads and carriers, other side now brings in supers to kill the caps, other side brings in supers and titans, everyone dies untill theres 1 dude in a rifter left

how fights work currently:

600 dudes meets 600 dues, one side brings in titans and wins

after this change escalation mechanics will actually work (titans are meant to be giant support ships and a last card play)
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#603 - 2012-03-13 20:01:36 UTC
Tamplarul wrote:

was another guy on titan

petitioned for account sharing

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#604 - 2012-03-13 20:01:44 UTC
Skrypt wrote:
Sounds like a good idea. Let me dedicate my 120m SP character to a spacecoffin that opens bridges and can shoot non-existent capital fleets.

Oh well, at least this means there's one less account for me to sub.

You know you'll still be able to blap other caps just as well as you always have right? You didn't just read the blog post and immediately have a stroke?

You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world.

Death2all Supercaps
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#605 - 2012-03-13 20:04:01 UTC
Skrypt wrote:
Sounds like a good idea. Let me dedicate my 120m SP character to a spacecoffin that opens bridges and can shoot non-existent capital fleets.

I have 2 mil sp and am a threat to you now Cool
Michael Harari
Genos Occidere
TRUTH. HONOUR. LIGHT.
#606 - 2012-03-13 20:04:46 UTC
JC Anderson wrote:
Ghostnite24 wrote:
LMAO so as long as we are nerfing titans can we nerf drakes and T3 cruisers too? they are sooo way over powered and as long as we do that can we nerf all of them as well? becuz obviously they hurt ppl and can shoot things. if this keeps up i may as well join world of warcraft again becuz this is all i am beginning to see here...

Theyve already pretty much said they are nerfing drakes in the most recent CSM minutes.

Its not a nerf
JC Anderson
RED ROSE THORN
#607 - 2012-03-13 20:04:53 UTC  |  Edited by: JC Anderson
To be completely honest, I don't understand why these announced changes are a surprise to anybody.
supr3m3justic3
Perkone
Caldari State
#608 - 2012-03-13 20:05:04 UTC
Crakachunky wrote:
okay so now fleet fights will work like this:

600 dudes meet 600 dudes, one side starts loosing and brings in carriers for reps, other side deploys dreads and carriers, other side now brings in supers to kill the caps, other side brings in supers and titans, everyone dies untill theres 1 dude in a rifter left

how fights work currently:

600 dudes meets 600 dues, one side brings in titans and wins

after this change escalation mechanics will actually work (titans are meant to be giant support ships and a last card play)

To bad CCP's ****** server's cant handle the fight's they want to happen...welcome to the next version of Lag-Online.
Lord Fargo
Thirsty Beaver
#609 - 2012-03-13 20:05:09 UTC
Death2all Supercaps wrote:
Skrypt wrote:

:shobon:
Tamplarul
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#610 - 2012-03-13 20:06:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Tamplarul
Andski wrote:
Tamplarul wrote:
was another guy on titan

The point is that he's awful at this game and lost two supercarriers faster than anybody I know

o yes The Mittani is a F*** scammer and CCP help him... but it is another story
Widemouth Deepthroat
Pink Sockers
#611 - 2012-03-13 20:06:34 UTC
This is part of the EVE Veterans/Loyalty program discussed in recent CSM meating.
Lord Fargo
Thirsty Beaver
#612 - 2012-03-13 20:07:24 UTC
Tamplarul wrote:
Andski wrote:
Tamplarul wrote:
was another guy on titan

o yes The Mittani is a F*** scammer and CCP help him... but i is another story

post with your NCDOT main
Andski
Caldari State
#613 - 2012-03-13 20:07:56 UTC
Tamplarul wrote:
o yes The Mittani is a F*** scammer and CCP help him... but it is another story

The Mittani is not a scammer.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Drago Palermus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#614 - 2012-03-13 20:08:01 UTC
Crakachunky wrote:
everyone dies untill theres 1 dude in a rifter left

as it was written
Skrypt
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#615 - 2012-03-13 20:08:21 UTC
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
Skrypt wrote:

You know you'll still be able to blap other caps just as well as you always have right? You didn't just read the blog post and immediately have a stroke?

lol, reading comprehension fail.
Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#616 - 2012-03-13 20:08:44 UTC
Widemouth Deepthroat wrote:
This is part of the EVE Veterans/Loyalty program discussed in recent CSM meating.

I really want to meat The Mittani.

You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world.

Lord Aliventi
Minmatar Fleet Logistics
Minmatar Fleet Associates
#617 - 2012-03-13 20:09:16 UTC
These are terrible changes. Nerfs almost never fix anythings. And even worse we get "I don't really have the time to do this right, so I am going to do this terribly and hope it fixes things". Bravo CCP. You really should delay this until you can do it right.

If the issue is them showing up on field, then swapping fit to kill subcaps, then make it so they can't refit in space or refit when they have an aggression timer. Problem solved. Titans can either tank, or shoot subcaps. Your choice. Choose wrong and another supercap dies for the good of Eve.

What role does CCP want for titans? Looks to me that it's noobship replacement. Oh wait... The noobship can still do stuff. For the sheer amount of SP, time, and isk involved, titan pilots should be able to drop their titans and destroy opposing fleets. TItans should bring fear to the battlefield. After this I doubt you will see many of them even on the battlefield.

And btw Goonies: A drake with a sig radius of 2.5+KMs should be able to be hit by titans. I mean no s***. Your the effective side of a skyscraper. If a titan misses you I would be complaining for a titan tracking buff. Go figure y'all would be the ones dumb (or should I say clever enough?) enough to repeatedly do this to prove that titans are "broken". Well played. And well played Mittens.
Skrypt
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#618 - 2012-03-13 20:09:52 UTC
Death2all Supercaps wrote:
Skrypt wrote:

Hey, no joke. Your 2m SP char will be more useful than my unsubbed (or even subbed but in a titan) 120m SP char. :hifive:
Lelob
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#619 - 2012-03-13 20:10:22 UTC
CynoNet Two wrote:
Lelob wrote:

Titans being purely anti-cap weapons seems somewhat useless outside of ganks, given the incredible rarity of capital fights in EVE right now. Especially when the side fielding caps and titans has traditionally been facing a blob of subcaps and not caps. At its core it not only shows CCP's ignorance of the metagame right now, but also of the fact that no serious attempts have been made to actively kill titans outside of ganks. Saying titans are imbalanced and need a nerf simply does not make sense, given the context in which the argument is being made.

Attempts to kill titans are made everyday. They usually conclude in a fashion similar to this, or this.

I find it astonishing that you none of you realise that behaviour like this is what got your toys nerfed.

Throwing a bunch of subcaps at titans and expecting to win is not even close to being a serious attempt. Fielding a fleet of 200 dreads with carrier and super support would be a serious attempt, and is well within the capabilities of the CFC. I understand well enough why CCP thinks titans must be nerfed, but it is not because of any game-breaking aspects of the titan itself, but of the unwillingness of both actors to engage in a potentially costly capital fight when the results remain uncertain. As I said before, nobody will really know for certain if titans truly are imbalanced until a serious, concerted effort has been made to kill them.
Andski
Caldari State
#620 - 2012-03-13 20:11:00 UTC
Lord Aliventi wrote:
These are terrible changes. Nerfs almost never fix anythings. And even worse we get "I don't really have the time to do this right, so I am going to do this terribly and hope it fixes things". Bravo CCP. You really should delay this until you can do it right.

If the issue is them showing up on field, then swapping fit to kill subcaps, then make it so they can't refit in space or refit when they have an aggression timer. Problem solved. Titans can either tank, or shoot subcaps. Your choice. Choose wrong and another supercap dies for the good of Eve.

What role does CCP want for titans? Looks to me that it's noobship replacement. Oh wait... The noobship can still do stuff. For the sheer amount of SP, time, and isk involved, titan pilots should be able to drop their titans and destroy opposing fleets. TItans should bring fear to the battlefield. After this I doubt you will see many of them even on the battlefield.

And btw Goonies: A drake with a sig radius of 2.5+KMs should be able to be hit by titans. I mean no s***. Your the effective side of a skyscraper. If a titan misses you I would be complaining for a titan tracking buff. Go figure y'all would be the ones dumb (or should I say clever enough?) enough to repeatedly do this to prove that titans are "broken". Well played. And well played Mittens.

Give me your titan so I can show you how useless it is