These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Incoming titan adjustments

First post First post
Author
Dusty H Lens
French Advance LLC
#2421 - 2012-03-16 18:05:11 UTC
Derkata wrote:
I think we need to give the Covetor a ship bonus: Mining a Super Capital Removes EWAR Immunity

That solves like 3 problems at once, use for a useless ship, removes stupid immunity, gets miners involved.

Or simply make it so one can mine a Titan. That way everyone swapping out buckets of tears (don't forget to rehydrate!) can recoup their perceived losses and blobs of pvp Covetors can be the answer to cap fleets everyone has been asking for.

I think they did something like that in WW II. RL references.
Nao Oikawasan
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#2422 - 2012-03-16 18:08:06 UTC
At 0800 this morning "Team Tech", who had promised to superblob CFC for control of three moons, instead sat in front of their computers, sobbing and rocking, refusing to login and help the brave few souls who were being slaughtered by the Goons.
We know they were in front of their computers because they had all promised to take off of work and do this.
A concerned citizen when round to an absent participant's house to make sure he hadn't hurt himself and got no answer, aside from loud crying and a muffled "mummy, mummy, why did they do this? I HATE IT."
Has RDN. been broken?
Yeep
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2423 - 2012-03-16 18:08:30 UTC
FeralShadow wrote:
Go ... on reddit

No don't Sad
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2424 - 2012-03-16 18:14:37 UTC
The problem with ships designed to be a very specific and high threat to another ship is it immediately becomes primary. See all super capital overview tabs that is for HICs and dictors only. Sure make some ships more of a threat, but every ship should be some form of threat no matter what.
GallowsCalibrator
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#2425 - 2012-03-16 18:21:37 UTC
Andski wrote:
Dez Affinity wrote:
Andski wrote:
anybody want to hear a joke?

titans

THIS IS AN INTERVENTION

I AM HERE FOR YOU, WE CARE ABOUT YOU.

You're addicted to posting on EVE-O, it's unhealthy, but we can work through this.

Check your posting history, it's scary, I'm genuinely worried for you, friend. 8 hours a day for at least the last week, posting at 5-10 minute intervals. That is not normal.

There's more to life than posting on an internet spaceship forum and there are avenues you can pursue to curb this.

PLEASE SEEK HELP.

WE CARE ABOUT YOU.

my sanity

Never. Stop. Posting.
Derkata
#2426 - 2012-03-16 18:37:17 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
The problem with ships designed to be a very specific and high threat to another ship is it immediately becomes primary. See all super capital overview tabs that is for HICs and dictors only. Sure make some ships more of a threat, but every ship should be some form of threat no matter what.

Make it all mining lasers remove EWAR immune then, holy eff watch out for the industry hot drop.
Aurora B
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2427 - 2012-03-16 18:49:21 UTC
Nao Oikawasan wrote:
At 0800 this morning "Team Tech", who had promised to superblob CFC for control of three moons, instead sat in front of their computers, sobbing and rocking, refusing to login and help the brave few souls who were being slaughtered by the Goons.
We know they were in front of their computers because they had all promised to take off of work and do this.
A concerned citizen when round to an absent participant's house to make sure he hadn't hurt himself and got no answer, aside from loud crying and a muffled "mummy, mummy, why did they do this? I HATE IT."
Has RDN. been broken?

Listening to ghetto ***** Vile again?
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2428 - 2012-03-16 18:56:23 UTC
GallowsCalibrator wrote:

Never. Stop. Posting.

Not empty quoting.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

DaiTengu
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2429 - 2012-03-16 19:26:20 UTC
Dusty H Lens wrote:
Wait!

They can still mount mining lasers right? I don't want to lose my endgame.

Yes, but now you have a chance of missing the high-value asteroids since they're so small.
Sotar Armana
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2430 - 2012-03-16 19:28:10 UTC
Didn't want those moons anyway.
EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2431 - 2012-03-16 19:42:00 UTC
Aurora B wrote:
Nao Oikawasan wrote:
Has RDN. been broken?

Considering we have spies in your alliance, we know it's a fact.

But please, deflect away~~
Agente
Milking Interstellar Incorporated.
#2432 - 2012-03-16 19:43:36 UTC
I just saw CCP_Diagoras statistics and have to completely agree with goons.

Titans awarded 0.62% of the kills last year and that incredibly high number is a good reason to explain why the I-Win deserves to be nerfed.

The I-Win button killing 62% of the ships is clearly overpowered and it must be nerfed because it is impossible to wage war against this odds.

No, wait, it is 0.62%. lol

You where defeated by that? re-lol

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2433 - 2012-03-16 19:59:11 UTC
Agente wrote:

Titans awarded 0.62% of the kills last year and that incredibly high number is a good reason to explain why the I-Win deserves to be nerfed.

The I-Win button killing 62% of the ships is clearly overpowered and it must be nerfed because it is impossible to wage war against this odds.

keep scratching veldspar

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

RDevz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2434 - 2012-03-16 19:59:14 UTC
Agente wrote:

It's very difficult to use titans for highsec ice interdiction. :(

~

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#2435 - 2012-03-16 20:03:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Johnny Marzetti
Agente wrote:

You were defeated by not having a basic understanding of statistics. re-re-lol
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2436 - 2012-03-16 20:11:50 UTC
Mike712 wrote:
So goons fly blobs of 2 LSE perma MWDing drakes(read massive sig, in fact as big as a carrier) against titans for 2 months to make them look OP, then titans get nerfed.

Good job goons/mittens now you should have the upper hand against a foe who you greatly outnumber....

Just leaving this here.
Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2437 - 2012-03-16 20:15:20 UTC
Kissapasi wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:
This will require a reasonably significant amount of work, which we unfortunately don't have the spare resources for right now.

- We have revamped the rookie ships which are the first ships new players see in the game. You can read, and see, all the changes to the Ibis, Impairor, Reaper and Velator in this blog.

Sounds like CCP is using their resources well to make the game better for us all. Well, the at least newbship models were completely broken for so long time so it is great that they finally fixed them! Good work CCP.

Nice one bro, I guess the art designers should be working on game mechanics then?

The last patch barely contained any mechanic changes, if at all. That shows some work is currently being done, since there is a group SOLELY based on working on and balancing game mechanics. If nothing was released, they can't go to work and do absolutely nothing, so CLEARLY they have to be doing something.

Horrible comparison, horrible comment.

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

GallowsCalibrator
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#2438 - 2012-03-16 20:15:37 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
Mike712 wrote:
So goons fly blobs of 2 LSE perma MWDing drakes(read massive sig, in fact as big as a carrier) against titans for 2 months to make them look OP, then titans get nerfed.

Good job goons/mittens now you should have the upper hand against a foe who you greatly outnumber....

Just leaving this here.

Just leaving a roll of tinfoil for you here.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2439 - 2012-03-16 20:18:01 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
Mike712 wrote:

Just leaving this here.

indeed, the opinions of battleclinic morons are relevant in discussions about 0.0 warfare

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Nao Oikawasan
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#2440 - 2012-03-16 20:19:54 UTC
Aurora B wrote:
Nao Oikawasan wrote:
Has RDN. been broken?

What is the new CCP tagline again?

Oh yeah........I WAS THERE!

Luckily, I don't think I'll be THERE much longer. Just long enough to figure out when I want to burn my main and get some revenge for the waste of my time by "Team Tech". Already have a fair group of dissidents ready to do the same. I suppose we should be thankful to Goons for showing us just how heavy the yoke of slavery to a fail coalition truly is.
See you on the other side, Goons. It will be glorious.