These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New dev blog: Team Security - Banning Bad Guys and also Bad Guys

First post First post
Author
Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#361 - 2012-03-17 02:42:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Grumpy Owly
CCP Sreegs wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
Is it possible for you to tell us what the botters primary activity was? In a percentage like "67% were miners, 12% were market...". As an example.

Yeah that kind of thing I'll report but I'd prefer if possible to wait a couple of weeks to do it.

Sure your busy with the commendable work CCP Sreegs.

Just like to remind you about this statement you made about 17 days ago.

I know you are more than likley aware of the apparent interest here and don't need it re-emphasising that stats and figures regarding botters would be of great interest to EvE players. And you have reminded us to be patient regarding the subject in what I suppose needs to be a considered approach to how to best release the information etc.

So apologies if appearing to nag, but just a gentle reminder on the subject really.
Langori
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#362 - 2012-03-17 02:48:30 UTC
Congratulations to Sreegs and CCP for the action taken against cheaters.
I think such actions are the base to make this game more balanced. Imho, the whole question about broken mechanics of titans and supercaps turn around on how it's easy to cheat and get this kind of ships and how these ships are deployed relatively lightly because obtained using macros/bot/cheats.

In the matter of banning bad guys, after reading this article appeared on EVE News 24 I have some doubts about how much the campaign against cheaters is really active:

A I can't confirm the truthfulness of the article published by Riverini but I played in the past in the same corp with several guys listed by Horus/A Puppetmaster and I can confirm that during the time spent together in the same corp they have absolutely no economic resources needed to purchase proper titan/supercaps pilots and the related ships. Now, only a short time later, they show up various pilots and ships like titans and motherships. I think you will agree that it's at least suspicious.

B Why wasn't made a check on the regularity and fairness for every supercaps pilot/player of the corp untouchable after a ban done by CCP over some members of this corp and why don't you take care about the fabulous speed with which this corporation has acquired so many supercaps and titans?

C Do you consider fair that ,even if just with a new corp name, these guys probably have cheated/cheat and that they are continuing to make fun of showing up their hundreds billions ships obtained in a rather suspicious way?
Raven Ether
Doomheim
#363 - 2012-04-10 08:20:15 UTC
"retroactive to at LEAST February."

So will bans and hunting down include everything that has happened from february 2012 and on, or everything that happened before february 2012?
Fairhand
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#364 - 2012-04-15 07:27:24 UTC
Raven Ether wrote:
So will bans and hunting down include everything that has happened from february 2012 and on, or everything that happened before february 2012?

Why? Are you worried?

He said that the further they go back, the greater the workload increases.
Mei Ling Cobon-Han
Prosperity Industrial
#365 - 2012-04-22 01:33:44 UTC
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but it has to do with banning and bots. You, CCP Devs and GM's. Have falsely banned my Corporation member for something he did NOT do. You banned my Corporation member for botting, something he does NOT do. The night you banned him he was mining on his own to make a living in EVE and it's extremely high prices, and mining gets boring, so he decided to watch a movie. And then for some reason he got banned for botting, which he was NOT doing. No offence, but you're out there, trying to ban people for botting, and you falsely ban someone for doing something they did NOT. This is completely unfair, and you should give the guy a chance to prove himself. Brett Stennis is the one who was falsely banned for actions he did NOT do
Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#366 - 2012-04-27 21:15:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Kusum Fawn
This post has nothing to do with botting, but banned accounts.

The bad guys the other bad guys and even more bad guys, but also sometimes good guys, (or at least bad guys in a different way)

Please revamp your petition system, to include a way that banned, (temp or otherwise) can still get at their petitions. currently a banned account (for what ever reason) is not allowed to log in to see its open petitions. Nor does CCP send even an automail in response to petitions (which would include a link to the open petition).

The current system asks you to log in to see/close petitions. Banned accounts cannot log in. This makes it rather hard to oblige.

Its really hard to defend a case if there isnt a way to continue a dialogue.

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.