These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

In-Game Events and Gatherings

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

SOMER Blink - Microlotteries that Finish in Minutes! 1 QUADRILLION ISK Won!

First post First post First post
Author
Replacement 234
Tremor Recorded
#2341 - 2014-05-11 23:25:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Replacement 234
Sorry I've ended the world for you more than once... My most usual strategy lately has been either going in after the blink has been idle for a bit and sometimes they are never idle. But going in and taking the last tickets up to half, so i'm taking what others have left behind. I figure the collective bad luck of the others will be worse than my own personal bad luck.

The other strategy I use is to start blink and buy 75% of the tickets as quickly as I can. I only do that when my luck has been going well, exceptionally well, and usually only until I take a loss. In that strategy, it takes 3 wins to almost break even for one loss. Three losses in a row with that is disastrous.

Well, I hope you get rich, at least once in a while.

And I respect that standup kind of issue resolution.

Goo luck to you, Buddy.
Otman Vos
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2342 - 2014-05-24 18:40:23 UTC
Jo Yhorian wrote:
Over 400 promo blinks played and so many times I've been 1 point away from a win. How do people manage it?

Play more.
Law of large numbers says that on average you'll win once every 235 blinks. Notice I say "on average" because they (the wins) don't come exactly once every 235, but rather they're random throughout. Meaning that out of 4700 played promos, you'll win about 20 times but that might as well be twice in first 100 then none for 800 blinks then again three times within next 50 blinks, etc.

How do I manage it? I don't look at "My Blinks" because how close I was is irrelevant. 1 away or 200 away is exactly the same thing.
Coreemo
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2343 - 2014-05-26 18:33:16 UTC
I'm just in it for the achievements :P
Jack Breacher
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#2344 - 2014-05-28 02:19:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Breacher
Continously losing megablinks 5-in-a row... that sucks :/

Thanks for the Promo btw... makes me kinda happy :(
andrus anzip
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2345 - 2014-06-02 20:47:18 UTC
greath..u used somer blink name to scam once in somer channel..then i got instantly banned in channel

after that i deposited 1,3 bil in somer to play with that

half hour later got banned in blink too

brobaly i dont get my wormhole kit too anymore what i win before the scam..

i can call, somer blink have scammed me...

nice done and gtfo somer!
Somerset Mahm
Cognitive Distortion
#2346 - 2014-06-02 20:48:20 UTC
andrus anzip wrote:
greath..u used somer blink name to scam once in somer channel..then i got instantly banned in channel

You will still receive your prizes. However, as you helpfully pointed out, you scammed in our channel and got instantly banned, and are banned from Blink.

SOMER Blink Microlotteries that finish in minutes! Running for over 2 years :)

andrus anzip
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2347 - 2014-06-02 20:51:01 UTC  |  Edited by: andrus anzip
Somerset Mahm wrote:
andrus anzip wrote:

You will still receive your prizes. However, as you helpfully pointed out, you scammed in our channel and got instantly banned, and are banned from Blink.

half hour later when i have deposited isk and played with that ......greath!

and why my main char got banned then??--more greath
Somerset Mahm
Cognitive Distortion
#2348 - 2014-06-02 20:55:15 UTC
While I would like to be, I am not omnipotent nor omnipresent. I am sorry you were not banned quickly enough for your liking and that it took 30 minutes after you tried to scam in our channel.

I am not sure about the second half of your question. You are asking why you got banned for scamming?

andrus anzip
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2349 - 2014-06-02 20:57:40 UTC
Somerset Mahm wrote:
While I would like to be, I am not omnipotent nor omnipresent. I am sorry you were not banned quickly enough for your liking and that it took 30 minutes after you tried to scam in our channel.

I am not sure about the second half of your question. You are asking why you got banned for scamming?

i ask why my main char (kuldar skjiem) got banned from blink channel..i didnt scam with this char at all...its like scamming because someone dont like my face xD
andrus anzip
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2350 - 2014-06-02 20:58:28 UTC
andrus anzip wrote:
Somerset Mahm wrote:

i ask why my main char (kuldar skjiem) got banned from blink channel..i didnt scam with this char at all...its like banning because someone dont like my face xD

Somerset Mahm
Cognitive Distortion
#2351 - 2014-06-02 21:01:17 UTC
andrus anzip wrote:
andrus anzip wrote:
Somerset Mahm wrote:

i ask why my main char (kuldar skjiem) got banned from blink channel..i didnt scam with this char at all...its like banning because someone dont like my face xD

Your scam linked to this character to try to get people to deposit to it, and you own this character. You as a person are banned from Blink and our channel, not some specific character.

andrus anzip
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2352 - 2014-06-02 21:04:24 UTC
so i cant play blink like neeever again..like reaaaly never?
Somerset Mahm
Cognitive Distortion
#2353 - 2014-06-02 21:11:01 UTC
andrus anzip wrote:

Correct. Eve is real; scams have consequences.

Jack Breacher
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#2354 - 2014-06-02 21:35:01 UTC
Banhammer !
lanyaie
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#2355 - 2014-06-03 13:24:23 UTC
andrus anzip wrote:

Did you really ask why your main got banned from the channel because your alt got banned also?
Perhaps because they're trying to prevent you from scamming again.
You should consider yourself lucky for getting your pending prize still paid out. I know that if I was somer, I wouldn't have done it at all.

Spaceprincess

People who put passwords on char bazaar Eveboards are the worst.

Replacement 234
Tremor Recorded
#2356 - 2014-06-07 09:10:05 UTC
Posted: 2014.06.03 13:24

andrus anzip wrote:

Hmmm....
lanyaie
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#2357 - 2014-06-07 10:12:51 UTC
Replacement 234 wrote:
Posted: 2014.06.03 13:24

andrus anzip wrote:

Hmmm....

oh hai replacement

Spaceprincess

People who put passwords on char bazaar Eveboards are the worst.

Will SangDo
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#2358 - 2014-06-11 12:38:21 UTC
Hello Somerset Mahm. I have mailed you a few times now. I share an internet connection with another eve player. Will SangDo is not owned by same person as Clint MacCallister. I would like to help verify this any way I can. It appears to you that I have 2 accounts. I have only 1 Somer Blink account. I really enjoyed your game. Please resolve this issue.
Will SangDo
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#2359 - 2014-06-11 20:28:39 UTC
Still waiting on a response. Now my flatmate is playing Somer Blink because I mentioned the confusion to him. Not fair. Please fix this already.
GunN4u
Gun N 4 ur Life
In 4 Life
#2360 - 2014-06-12 08:17:54 UTC
I've been on blink, dropping all my ISK for a couple of years now. It's still as great of a time win or lose as it was when I started. To see the site continue to expand and the lotteries to continue growing and expanding for every landmark celebration shows the effort still being put forth by SOMER and staff to make this the BEST lottery in the history of Eve. Cheers to everyone @ SOMER and looking forward to the continued growth as we draw closer to two-quad ! ! !