These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

In-Game Events and Gatherings

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

SOMER Blink - Microlotteries that Finish in Minutes! 1 QUADRILLION ISK Won!

First post First post First post
Author
John Tearakis
The Addams Family Crypt
#2281 - 2014-01-06 11:20:57 UTC
It would be nice if you could cut 112 pages of this :D

So i decided to play.
Ignored all the whiners about a lottery making money for the owners which is standard.
Invested 200.000.000 yesterday.

Which was all the ISK i had. Had barely enough leftovers to buy new ammo.

Now im freaking rich.

1. No Scam - Items get delivered promptly and without any hassle. Even to first time winners.
2. Somer gets ISK from this, by putting more in the pool than the Item(s) is worth. So what?
3. Since its a lottery try this - only invest a bit more than you loose.
4. Dont use your win - money to buy officer fitted gank magnets :D

<3 you Somer, you guys rock, keep it up!

Jack Breacher
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#2282 - 2014-01-06 13:32:49 UTC
Note to self

Dont play Bonks and Minibonks
Random Tremor
Writing Memoirs
#2283 - 2014-01-07 01:20:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Random Tremor
note to self;

Don't play bonks and minibonks without realizing that some players will pour billions into the bonk especially if the prize is sweet and always understand that even that is no guarantee as one player with 75 tickets at 500k eack, just became one of the eleven players who won 50 billion isk, not Blink ISK credit. ISK

that damn random thing never gives any guarantees other than someone who buys tickets will always win - and a portion of those who don't become butthurt
Jack Breacher
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#2284 - 2014-01-07 02:06:32 UTC
Random Tremor wrote:
note to self;

Don't play bonks and minibonks without realizing that some players will pour billions into the bonk especially if the prize is sweet and always understand that even that is no guarantee as one player with 75 tickets at 500k eack, just became one of the eleven players who won 50 billion isk, not Blink ISK credit. ISK

that damn random thing never gives any guarantees other than someone who buys tickets will always win - and a portion of those who don't become butthurt

And the worst part is most of the winners are the same in every celebration.
Random Tremor
Writing Memoirs
#2285 - 2014-01-07 09:43:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Random Tremor
The real sad part is most of the winners in the PGA, NASCAR, NFL. NBA, College FOOTBALL, or any game where chance is involved, the ones who play the hardest, understand how the mechanics of the game work and don't spend a lot of time posting things which are just not true. Yeah, we see repeats but more winners are new than there are repeats. Count 'em.

I saw several posts of the usual losers lament "the rich get richer" after the drawings and wondered if any one repeating it asked themselves how the rich got rich in the first place. All of them I have talked to all mention working hard, and that has been the answer in my life - real or in pixels.

Some will say all the rich ppl just bought GTCs, converted them and blinked the ISK. That is undoubtedly true for some who have the disposable RL$ and don't want to grind out ISK. You can see who they are as they usually make a quick rise in the Blink Stats and then they disappear when they may run out of money, are not amused by the game any longer, or more likely - standby, here it comes -- they realize it takes more than a bunch of ISK to be successful. Not everyone will be successful regardless of how much they bring into the game and it is not the responsibility of those who have worked hard to achieve to sacrifice to make those who don't understand how to achieve feel better about themselves.

You can give a corpie some ISK, then find out he owes everyone else in the corp, because he just cannot manage what he is doing. The successful blink players can give half of what they win to players who never seem to win and pretty soon it feels like you have adopted them or you have become an ATM for them. That is why I stopped giving to anyone who asked and now never gift anyone who has the gall to ask. I gift people who have demonstrated they are not afraid of work and could solve their low isk issue given time. I work too hard for it to just give it someone who is just going to p__s it away. I can keep it and do that myself.

Have you ever seen a whiner become a winner? I have adult grandchildren and will be a great-grandpa soon and I've never seen it in my lifetime. Whiners are the first ones who will accidentally fall out of my lifeboat, along with everything else which will jeopardize a safe rescue. Sorry, but you will probably agree that it would just suck to be some people who plod from low achievement to low achievement and blame it all on others. We all came into this game with sh_tity ship and 5k. I came into this world born in my families sharecropper's cabin and have never asked anyone for anything, or blamed anyone else when I failed to achieve, which happened a lot as I learned how to achieve and I never would have succeeded being a whiner.

I know every whiner reading this will have a reason why they are whining, but I've heard/read them all. And in this context, it will be the game is rigged and it is - it is rigged to be as fair as possible and like Eve, the opportunity to succeed is much larger than in the real world. I cannot understand how anyone who started with a raw noob toon and has played for 6 months averaging 10 - 12 hours each week does not have a billion in their wallet gained by nothing but working smart. Maybe their goal is to be a target flying a ship in which they are only trained to sit and fit with weapons intended for a smaller class of ships, and that is fine with me until they start whining about it. I just don't have any patience with whiners and have found they usually end up in groups because no one else wants to hear/read it either. I gave up PVP years ago just because of whiners who engaged me with poor fits and insufficient training to be in the ship they were flying and blamed me for their failures. I am so glad we have API now, because in those days most KMs were fiction.

If anyone reading this happens to be a whiner, please give heavy consideration to blocking me. I don't want you to ever see anything I have for sale because if you bought it, then you would probably blame me for losing it.
Zyzz Shavershian
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#2286 - 2014-01-07 13:42:09 UTC
Thanks again Blink for the 1b credit from winning the minibonk! Was a good way to spend my leftover tokens and now I cashed out another Orca and getting a Damnation delivered! Great celebration yet again can't wait to win more Lol
Lorikeem Thaddeus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2287 - 2014-01-15 08:33:01 UTC
sup
just chillin and playin Blink

no regrets Cool
Cato Black
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#2288 - 2014-01-26 02:44:17 UTC
Random Tremor wrote:
True words.

I have to agree, and even the one time I got pissed about the promo whores who were winning the big ticket items I got over it and continued playing. I face a lot of adversity financially irl, my ex wife has some very deep hooks into me, and I wake up every day determined to enjoy life to the fullest and I apply that same logic to my gaming experience. I choose to deposit isk into blink because I enjoy playing, sometimes I win, sometimes I lose, but it is always my choice. This week I gambled more than usual on the bonk(it really wasn't much to be honest) and I got home, checked the winner list, and saw I wasn't on it and moved on. My hangers are full and my PLEX is applied for the month, I win EVE for another 30 days and got to gamble a few billion isk in the process. People need to realize that gambling means you can and will lose, and when you do lose you need to actually work for your money(ISK in this case) to continue on.

I am for sale https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=321142

Blackfeathers
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#2289 - 2014-01-26 23:19:36 UTC
I invest money from clone tags - it's like playing double or nothing :D
Stephen Olympus Bishop
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2290 - 2014-02-01 22:16:49 UTC
Jack Breacher wrote:
Note to self

To that end i have a question . Let me pre state im not one of the "woe is me , i lost my isk on Blink" whiners, Currently up about 38B with a win % of around 20 % but i Do call into question the accountability of blink in that on the Bonks its almost a automatic production every week that there will be a winner list with at least 5 of the same pool of 20 or so players EVERY week . Was recently (few years ago) a poker site online that was busted by a insider documenting the cxompanys generation of players that were AI house players that would win a prebased % of pots and increase the companys profit. I propose that that may be a very feasible happening currently on BLINK.
So supposedly theres a entity that verifys the random number generation for the sites play (who documents the documentation ? sorry couldnt help myself) but who documents the player generation etc ?? Ergo how and by whom is blink policed ??

Gotta go.....just won a APOC (does happy jig.........poorly)

Stand for something.....or fall for anything.

JusFooling Around
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#2291 - 2014-02-02 22:55:09 UTC
Stephen Olympus Bishop wrote:
Jack Breacher wrote:
Note to self

To that end i have a question . Let me pre state im not one of the "woe is me , i lost my isk on Blink" whiners, Currently up about 38B with a win % of around 20 % but i Do call into question the accountability of blink in that on the Bonks its almost a automatic production every week that there will be a winner list with at least 5 of the same pool of 20 or so players EVERY week . Was recently (few years ago) a poker site online that was busted by a insider documenting the cxompanys generation of players that were AI house players that would win a prebased % of pots and increase the companys profit. I propose that that may be a very feasible happening currently on BLINK.
So supposedly theres a entity that verifys the random number generation for the sites play (who documents the documentation ? sorry couldnt help myself) but who documents the player generation etc ?? Ergo how and by whom is blink policed ??

Gotta go.....just won a APOC (does happy jig.........poorly)

If you don't trust the site, cash out by taking isk for every blink win till you have no or little remaining blink credit, then leave and never come back.

Or, you could educate yourself by readinig about from where the winning numbers come. The Blink site provides a link to the independent third party site who provides the numbers, or you could just go to the site at Random.org. Once there, you can see the method used to provide the numbers and follow the links on that site to find out it is not just a shell set up by Blink.

You may get a hint as to why you see repeated names on the bonk and mini-bonk winning lists by looking at the lists of ticket holders and HOW MANY TICKETS THEY EACH HOLD which are made available to view or download (I recommend downloading) between the closing of ticket sales and the actual drawing and then remain available for viewing or downloading after the drawing as well. Please use the out of game browser for speed sake.

Having educated yourself on the source and procedure, which I recommend everyone do before committing a single isk to risk, and you still have doubts, cash out and go away.

Congratulations on being ahead and I wish you continued good luck.
Tarkile
Hell Forge Industries
#2292 - 2014-02-04 22:00:55 UTC
Hi my name is Tarkile and I'm a BLINKaholic.

*Crowd says Hi Tarkile*

I just have to say I love BLINK, and thank you for providing the service that you do even though it has left me and my space family penniless at times. Sitting on the side of a hub in our space suits with our thumbs extended remembering the great wins of BLINK waiting for the next ship to swing by and pick us up to carry us to the next exploration site.

It is a great way to pass the time and if the luck holds true you will find yourself reaping the spoils of ISK, Items, or Ships and I don't plan on stopping, as long as you are around I'll be there.

PS. Riding on the side of a Interceptor with full burn is a hell of a ride in a space suit.

Yours truly,

Tarkile

~ A pilot who really needs an accountant
Amber Stonei
Stix and Stones
#2293 - 2014-02-11 04:22:47 UTC
New roulette blinks are great, wish I had some extra disposable isk to play them some more!

Kain Kodiak
Black Talon Flight Group
#2294 - 2014-02-16 05:40:27 UTC
1000x Hobgoblins, this is why I love Somer Blink. a silly prize but that promo as over quick.
Titanium PIg
Escape Velocity Enterprises
#2295 - 2014-02-17 11:42:49 UTC
Cry

Every celebration since 30T and not so much as a consolation prize...

I'm beginning to think you don't loves me anymore.

Ealdain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2296 - 2014-02-20 16:15:26 UTC
anyone have the link to the document that lists the awards?
Solara Annages
Divided Skyy
#2297 - 2014-02-25 20:46:22 UTC
Just woundering do you have stats on how many roulettes have landed on black.
Ryan Tessier
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2298 - 2014-02-28 03:24:01 UTC
I wonder if posting in this thread will give me an award.
Rin Lomax
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#2299 - 2014-03-02 15:23:23 UTC
I tried and failed. Will need to come back when I'm less poor and try again.
Makistonish
Doomheim
#2300 - 2014-03-03 04:53:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Makistonish
RETURN BACK my 100 mill and and explain what's going on!!!!
wtf is auto activity
Mahm i mailed to u:
Quote:
i think u master.
so return back my 100mil and Explain that you have on your site is going on?
wtf auto activity or something like this.
you take money luring players or new characters are always so?

all my friends said it was good (blink) but i just registered and lost money!
nice...