These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

In-Game Events and Gatherings

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

SOMER Blink - Microlotteries that Finish in Minutes! 1 QUADRILLION ISK Won!

First post First post First post
Author
Cayell
Steamhouse Enemy Engagement Division
#2021 - 2013-10-02 12:36:35 UTC
Somerset Mahm wrote:
Thats OK wrote:
Same again today.

I'm sorry :( this is the most frustrating part to troubleshoot because I don't experience problems (and apparently many people don't), so it's hard to track down.

Would you be able to send me a traceroute to the site from your location? You can Evemail it.

I've only ever witnessed the site get that slow when it's really busy, such as when close to a Bonk drawing or similar - or when when there's a string of promos running that have ~500 tickets each. From what I've seen though, the problem seems to be with retrieving all the images from the EVE portrait server more than with Blink itself.

It's considerably more noticeable when trying to play from a smartphone - the site loads, but takes forever to pull all those portraits down. I've given up trying to play promos on my Desire.

(On the subject of smartphones - does Blink have any plans for a mobile-optimised version of the site at all?)
Somerset Mahm
Cognitive Distortion
#2022 - 2013-10-03 00:31:01 UTC
I do have plans for a no-avatars version of the site that will work better on mobile.

SOMER Blink Microlotteries that finish in minutes! Running for over 2 years :)

Amanda Peewith
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#2023 - 2013-10-03 02:03:20 UTC
Somerset Mahm wrote:
I do have plans for a no-avatars version of the site that will work better on mobile.

THAT is a good idea...for people who might blink at work.
Cayell
Steamhouse Enemy Engagement Division
#2024 - 2013-10-03 07:16:17 UTC
That's fantastic news, thanks Somer. Looking forward to being able to 'earn' my living/bankrupt myself on the move as well as at home ;)
Nanatoa
#2025 - 2013-10-04 11:54:15 UTC
Nanatoa wrote:
Dear Somer Blink, earlier today I deposited 16 billion isk to play Blinks to get a shot a Gold Magnate - a truly unique ship with actual Legendary status - but now I have been informed that the prize has been withdrawn from the competition. I feel the new prizes, which have no history attached to them at all, are not an adequate replacement of the Gold Magnate. Can I get a refund on the 16 billion isk? I'll of course return all the accidental winnings I had while playing the Blinks for the competition points.

Last week I contacted Somerset Mahm ingame about this, I received a non-reply ("[If you win] I will arrange for you to talk to CCP Navigator directly" - which is not what I asked for at all). So far Somerset Mahm has not responded to my reply to her message. Is this the trustworthy and reliable service CCP Navigator praised?

"Stay the course, we have done this many times before." - (CCP) Hilmar, June 2011

Sykaotic
Doomheim
#2026 - 2013-10-04 19:20:16 UTC
Honestly, as a newer returning player with 4m SP....(played back in 2010 also)

This site

R O C K S

Twisted

SY
Ewie Itonula
Allspark Industries
#2027 - 2013-10-05 14:17:16 UTC
After the last few weeks , I see no reason why I should still support this site.

Delete my account.
Matari Akiga
Doomheim
#2028 - 2013-10-05 19:42:41 UTC
Somer I really enjoy using the website and I think it is a fantastic service that you offer but I would ask you please please please do not accept anything else directly from CCP, I understand why they are offering it to you and why you would accept it but this is a very dangerous path for the game and for blink to follow.

CCP dont need to change everything to suit your play style.

Improvise, adapt and overcome!

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#2029 - 2013-10-05 21:58:52 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
I have deleted an off topic post.

If you feel you must share information about the threads topic, the OP or the corporation the OP is a member of, please do so in your own thread and preferably in a better suited place on the forum.
Posting it in this thread is regarded as being off topic.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Regina Gerze
The Trinity Conglomerate
#2030 - 2013-10-06 01:46:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Regina Gerze
Somerset Mahm wrote:

You only had 199 likes so I decided to be all adorable and provide more :D

I also had over 400 or close to 400 million ISK in winnings...but kept none of it so I'm an idiot...xD
Regina Gerze
The Trinity Conglomerate
#2031 - 2013-10-06 01:47:22 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
I have deleted an off topic post.

If you feel you must share information about the threads topic, the OP or the corporation the OP is a member of, please do so in your own thread and preferably in a better suited place on the forum.
Posting it in this thread is regarded as being off topic.

Thank you, editing my post now xD
Jack Breacher
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#2032 - 2013-10-06 17:20:39 UTC
Never understood Bonks and Minibonks :/
I dont think I can compete with that amount of tickets.
Julia Starling
Universalis Imperium
Goonswarm Federation
#2033 - 2013-10-06 18:10:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Julia Starling
CCP Navigator wrote:

It is safe to say that they can buy anything that is for sale and money is no object yet.

sorry, but what does that mean?
"They are so rich, the 1-10T sponsored by CCP can't possibly hurt"
or
"They are so rich,that it's unthinkable that they care enough about money to steal it"

not to mention the re-introduction of limited ships, wich is nothing but spreading rare stuff to everyone because everyone likes rare stuff , is real bad joke.

As much as I love the htfu-l2p-style customer support, sometimes I'd appreciate the old fashioned professional distanced but fair customer supportOops
Kool Aid Stasarik
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2034 - 2013-10-07 06:29:11 UTC
woooooo!!!!
Miss Sparrow
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2035 - 2013-10-07 08:24:58 UTC
Error: this character's account is currently disabled and its password may not be reset.

Why ??

I registered an account yesterday ad have also done some bids .. Everything worked fine this morning! Now, only a few hours later I cant even log in.. QuestionQuestion
GrammarNazi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2036 - 2013-10-07 15:11:00 UTC
Miss Sparrow wrote:
Error: this character's account is currently disabled and its password may not be reset.

Why ??

I registered an account yesterday ad have also done some bids .. Everything worked fine this morning! Now, only a few hours later I cant even log in.. QuestionQuestion

Hi there, Miss Sparrow,

I've taken a look at the issue with your account, and the problem was resolved by Andrev Nox earlier today. Your account is now reactivated and ready for use.

We apologize for the inconvenience while fixing these issues.
Jochem Cesaille
Penguin Development
#2037 - 2013-10-09 18:02:33 UTC
Heya Blink,

Very nice website. I'm kinda curious how you determine who wins the promo? Are you using some sort of PHP math random functions? Or chribba's dice or whatever?

Somerset Mahm
Cognitive Distortion
#2038 - 2013-10-09 21:06:18 UTC
Hello!

We use random.org to draw random numbers. At the conclusion of each Blink, we contact random.org and request a number that we then plug into that Blink as the winner. We do not pre-download the random numbers or otherwise maintain them beforehand-- they're drawn immediately at the conclusion of the Blink so that we have no foreknowledge of the number that will be the winner.

Sophie Hunter
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2039 - 2013-10-09 22:31:45 UTC
Random.org you say?

I enjoy somerblink. Actually i deposited x isks and ended up with x+x/2, so i have no complaints. The site is enjoyable, the game is fun and you don't force anyone to deposit. Players play cause they want to play, and that's cool.

What's not cool is to make fools out of the players, making them believe that every raffle is honest. It's very common to see the same person win 2 or more promoblinks in a row, and many in the same day. What are the odds on that happening? Statistically impossible, if not rigged.
Example1: http://i.imgur.com/jNmppHS.png
Example2: http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/9484/4y8y.png

I can tell you i already played more than 500 promoblinks and have won nothing. Unlucky me. Cry

The regular blinks also have their funny "coincidences". Sometimes there is someone who wins a lot. That someone even wins ship bonuses in every raffle and, even funnier, they also win Bonks, Minibonks and Gigabonks. Must be the luckiest guy on earth. When he leaves, another one comes wiping most of the raffles, to give place to another lucky guy or gal, and so on.
Example: http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7465/b1s3.png

But i really like Somerblink. Otherwise i wouldn't have lost the time to write my experience in this fantastic game!
I leave you with a printscreen that i think sums it all! God Bless... http://i.imgur.com/nWhy5pU.png

Big smile
Somerset Mahm
Cognitive Distortion
#2040 - 2013-10-10 01:38:42 UTC
I would find it significantly less random if no one ever won twice :P