These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Fon Revedhort - CSM7

First post First post First post
Author
Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
Siberian Squads
#121 - 2012-03-07 23:51:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Fon Revedhort
Yeah. I don't think that it's NH alone that needs some general buff (other than evident PG issue). The whole CS class is lacking and as I wrote somewhere in this thread I'd rather wait and see what CCP are going to do before making any suggestions.

P.S.

Yeah remark goes to NH in general rather than assumption it instapops frigs, which is not really the case P

"Being supporters of free speech and free and open [CSM] elections... we removed Fon Revedhort from eligibility". CCP, April 2013.

LXTC-S Predator
The Intervention
The Watchmen.
#122 - 2012-03-08 00:34:12 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
Cant underline enough that even though Revedhorts claims and ideas are nice, but after watching his videos i have to say my vote is NOT going to someone who with his music choice for videos [...]

Edit: Off topic part removed, CCP Phantom
Shiroi Okami
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#123 - 2012-03-08 11:23:42 UTC
All righty, wall of text incoming.

First off, I have to say, with the amount of self righteous bullshit being spouted in this thread props to you Fon for keeping your head on straight. Fon's political views, or hell, anything about his personal life IRL are not our concern. He's running for CSM, not the Kremlin. As long as his head is in the game that's all we need to know.

For the most part I agree with your points, but there are a few i disagree on and a couple that I think you're on the right track but could use some tweaking.

1) Completely agree

2) Rather than blanketing all buffer tanking modules with a -speed penalty I would rather see something unique to each type of tanking. Armour plates are fine I think, the only problem with them I see is that trimarks are not stacking penalised. However the penalties on shield mods are a joke. But on the other hand, as most native shield tanking ships are quite slow (Especially caldrari), applying the same speed penalty from mods and rigs would not be the right course of action, I feel. I'd much rather see something like -% shield recharge as the shield rig/module penalty to put an end to ridiculous, skill free, capacitor free passive shield tanking. If you want to stack recharge that's fine, but having monstrous recharge AND a very large buffer is frankly ridiculous.

On the other hand for active tanking I believe that there are a few tweaks required here too, not in repair amount but in fitting requirements. Notably those of LARs and XLSBs. These modules take much too much powergrid and CPU respectively, and gimp the ship fitting them rather severely in terms of weapon options (In most cases).

3) I like where you are going with this idea, but unfortunately I think from a code perspective having a cyno become dynamic to how many ships are on grid would be too difficult and CCP would not implement it. What I'd rather see is a blanket delay on non covert cynos, of what timefram I can't really say, so that dropping a cyno and calling in the cap(s) is actually a tactical decision and not a 'press button, get cap support' mechanic.

4) I agree that tracking enhancers are a bit too good for what they are, however I do think that the TE change, because it removed HMLs as being the be all and end all of medium range combat, did some good. However would you just be pushing for a faloff nerf or optimal as well? because as far as I can tell the use of TEs and TCs seems to be relatively evenly split between ACs and Pulse lasers, so I don't think I would support nerfing the faloff without also nerfing the optimal bonus. (This is taking into account that ACs require more faloff bonus to get the same range:damage ratio benefit that lasers get from optimal).

The second part of this point seems to counteract the previous point about wanting to stealth buff gallente. If DCUs were to be nerfed, gallente ships would suffer the most, especially the active tanking variety, as they generally rely on their high structure EHP to give them some leeway in between rep cycles. In addition, a significant nerf to DCUs would break frigate combat, as currently a DCU is the primary reason a frigate will survive running a gatecamp or any other encounter vs multiple ships. Again this applies most to gallente frigates.

5) I agree with your points here, however, if other CSM members were to push for a complete rework of ECM from the ground up, would you support it? What would you like to see ECM reworked as if this was the case?

6) I very much agree with this sentiment, that there should be more definition between the non amarr recons than there currently is. There should be consequences for being covert. Also, while on the topic of covert ships, what is your stance on covert interdiction nullified T3s? Should T3 ships be able to fit both of these subsystems at the same time?

7) I won't make a comment here as I don't really know much about capitals, having never flown one myself.

8) Agreed.

9) Very much agreed. I would love to see cruise missiles get some love.

10) Again, I won't say much, as the topiv of reworking lowsec is much unlike reworking a ship or a module, it is a massive entity in itself, and would require significant work and testing for any 'fix'. Being someone who prominently PvPs in low-sec, how high on your priority list would low-sec be?


And a couple of other questions for you;

Do you believe CCP should discourage 'blobbing', or is it a part of the game that everyone should accept and move on?

What is your stance on T3 links? Being a regular user of them yourself, do you believe they are overpowered? Should they remain stronger than command ship links?

What would you most like to see iterated over the next year?

My Latest Video: Freestyle III

Kalea Cha-Ching
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#124 - 2012-03-08 13:39:32 UTC
Shiroi Okami wrote:

Fon's political views, or hell, anything about his personal life IRL are not our concern. He's running for CSM, not the Kremlin. As long as his head is in the game that's all we need to know.


Because he is running for CSM, his political views are very important. THIS IS OF OUR CONCERN! If you vote for him, even if his eve topics are good, you supporting him also in rl with his views and opinions. I can never give such a person my vote. Never.
Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
Siberian Squads
#125 - 2012-03-08 13:47:17 UTC
Kalea Cha-Ching wrote:
Shiroi Okami wrote:

Fon's political views, or hell, anything about his personal life IRL are not our concern. He's running for CSM, not the Kremlin. As long as his head is in the game that's all we need to know.


Because he is running for CSM, his political views are very important. THIS IS OF OUR CONCERN! If you vote for him, even if his eve topics are good, you supporting him also in rl with his views and opinions. I can never give such a person my vote. Never.

Don't vote for me then. There's no need in making declarations on you never voting someone left and right, don't fool yourself by thinking your opinion is that important to public.

"Being supporters of free speech and free and open [CSM] elections... we removed Fon Revedhort from eligibility". CCP, April 2013.

Kalea Cha-Ching
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#126 - 2012-03-08 13:51:58 UTC
it is important when it comes to mobilize people to not vote for someone with your views about politics and people.
Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
Siberian Squads
#127 - 2012-03-08 13:57:47 UTC
By all means, do it.

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about - Oscar Wilde

"Being supporters of free speech and free and open [CSM] elections... we removed Fon Revedhort from eligibility". CCP, April 2013.

Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
Siberian Squads
#128 - 2012-03-08 19:16:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Fon Revedhort
Shiroi Okami wrote:
*snip*


2) Shield recharge being boosted along with buffer is an issue, too. I agree. As for not making tanking types similar in terms of penalties, I'd say it's possible to make shield tanking have more impact on agility rather than speed, and vice versa for armor. Or something. Also, as said, I'm fine with introducing other penalties, but they should be of proper significance. I'd say that 10% decrease in speed may be probably comparable with at least 30% increase in signature radius. Just like improving DPS by 10% doesn't even come close to, say, 10% increase in targeting range.

3) Cynoes and dynamic spool-up timers. Yeah, maybe that's indeed a bit complicated, but that's something CCP should tell us. And they can even come up with an entirely different ideas to balance it out. We will see.

4) Post-dominion TEs benefit minmatar more than the others, that's something I'm absolutely sure. There's no need to reduce optimal range bonus and the nature of falloff has nothing to do with it. Because, as said, corresponding implants/rigs all boost optimal and falloff equally - by 3, 5, 15 or 20% either for optimal or for falloff. Should we assume TEs are fine as is, then we'll also have to admit tech2 abmit extension rigs should boost falloff by whopping 40% instead of current 20.

I have little to non experience with frigs, but at higher classes DC is way too good and I, for one, use it all the time. And - that's extremely important - unlike MWD it's a no-brainy module. One drops it in, activates and pretty much forgets about it. While MWD requires a lot of efforts to be utilized for the full benefit.
Maybe it might make sense to reintroduce DC as a real damage controlling module, which can be activated only for a limited amount of time and then require some cooling. I don't know. I just smell things aren't right at the moment.

5) My views on ECM are very flexible actually. The stuff I propose just allows to fix it preserving current ECM mechanics in general. Should they want to overhaul it altogether, I would be fine with that as well. I've got no personal preferences on what exactly they'd need to turn it into, though.

6) Covert tech3 with nullifiers. Just like with titans and portals, I absolutely hate the idea something is balanced 'because only X can use it'. That's bullcrap. I would love to see interdiction nullifiers re-introduced as a MODULE, which surely will make it extremely popular. Then we will see how 'balanced' this crap is. It may even take 2 slots to fit such a module, it may have some penalties - I don't care. Just let other ships use it, too - and you'll quickly receive objective statistics.

10) low-sec priority over other things. As I state at http://match.eve-csm.com, fixing low-sec is one of the most pressing issues EVE faces today.

Blobbing should be discouraged somehow, that's for sure. Unfortunately, I don't have any straight ideas on how that can be done within current mechanics, where guns have no dispersion for their shells, where line of fire is non-existent and where it's possible to shoot missiles right through asteroids. This leaves us with AoE weapons and some minor tweaks as possible ways of discouraging blobbing.

Tech3 ships are overpowered in general and it's particularly evident in case of gang-boosting setups. After I got a Loki, I used my old Claymore may be once or twice, when I had to grab a ship to go PvP quickly and Lokies were not available.

"Being supporters of free speech and free and open [CSM] elections... we removed Fon Revedhort from eligibility". CCP, April 2013.

Venus TechCat
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#129 - 2012-03-11 11:12:11 UTC
+1

GoodMood.

Woo Glin
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#130 - 2012-03-12 11:48:10 UTC
alleged minmatar massacres, alleged.
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#131 - 2012-03-12 20:12:22 UTC
The tree of this candidacy bears a strange fruit.
Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#132 - 2012-03-12 23:48:05 UTC
Germany didnt invade poland they were inviting them over for a party
John 2557
SC-2557
#133 - 2012-03-14 19:15:40 UTC
+1 wish dring more fun thing come.
Josef Stylin
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#134 - 2012-03-15 00:40:12 UTC
I'm Josef Stylin and I endorse this candidate, and you should do.
Alpheias
The Khaleph
#135 - 2012-03-16 04:21:31 UTC
Josef Stylin wrote:
I'm Josef Stylin and I endorse this candidate, and you should do.


I am sure that if Adolf were still around, he would too.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Lanu
0utbreak
#136 - 2012-03-17 02:21:57 UTC
Voted with the main and some alts ;)
XATTAB
Aeria Gloris Inc
#137 - 2012-03-19 18:18:44 UTC
+1 wish you good luck, Fon!Pirate
AntonioPrime
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#138 - 2012-03-20 20:52:54 UTC
+1
Good luck, Fon
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#139 - 2012-03-20 20:54:32 UTC
your final chance to vote for an eve final solution!

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Sidus Sarmiang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#140 - 2012-03-20 21:33:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Sidus Sarmiang
Weaselior wrote:
your final chance to vote for an eve final solution!


I just want to say heillo to Fon and that he's definitely the reich candidate for me!