These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

SWToR Just hit the iceberg=Tortanic!

Author
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#41 - 2012-02-10 17:45:52 UTC
Fuee wrote:
The top 4 threads on SWToR forum

http://i.imgur.com/DIIFp.png

So much entertainment value. I almost wish they had tricked me so I could participate Lol



Lol they are even more fun once you read them, what I hate the most though is those Biodrones talking **** about EvE online instead of playing their game, oh that's right, they ain't playing their gameOops
Kattshiro
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#42 - 2012-02-10 17:56:48 UTC
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Herping yourDerp wrote:
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Fuee wrote:
SWTOR cost 300+ million to make


Are you ******* kidding me?

Oh wait, must have been all those stupid cinematic videos they put up to hype everything.


MMO's can take 5 years to make and go through basic testing.
assuming they have 300 people working on the project getting 50k a year
300
x 50
x 5
that right there is 75million, i'm sure most people got paid more then that.

i'm sure EA or lucas arts or god knows who wants a cut.

advertising cost a lot

servers.


Oh yeah, the amount of people involved in that daft project was probably ridiculous ( and possibly a reason why it's failing ) one thing a lot of people just don't understand though is how much time you have to put into those cinematic trailers to make them look as good as they do. It honestly takes a good number of months because of all the detail, if they had spent that much time and resources working on the game it might have MIGHT have been better but unfortunately it seems these days stupid cinematic trailers lure gullible people in more than a solid product do.

CCP are equally as guilty on this, I think their crucible trailer was the only honest trailer I've seen from them so far because it was just gameplay footage and nothing else.



You know companies now all (maybe not blizzard im not sure dont quote me) hire someone else to make the videos/cinematics right?

As for the they didnt do anything new argument... They never said they were going to. (Which is why the consumer does in fact need to do their own research prior to buying a product.) And im not sure every game that comes out needs to be a revolution.
I do agree 3rd person MMO's are kinda "****** out" in terms of gameplay and mechanics. But really it seems enough people dont honestly mind and are rather happy with iteration instead of revolution. Fact of the matter is revolution is a rarity.

I dont think it's a failure rather not a game made with you and I in mind. Only difference is i read previews ahead of time to know not to buy it, and didnt have the OMG STAR WARS!!! moment that clouded my judgement. However I did have that with warhammer so i'm not proclaiming im better than you or smarter...rather just had the experience sooner.

This is why im skeptical of GW2 and its promises. (Though there is no sub for it) but I expect iteration once again rather than OMG the MMO SAVIORS!
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#43 - 2012-02-10 18:03:36 UTC
2bhammered wrote:
Want real discussion? Look at my posts in this thread, now come back and tell me I did not post anything "real" here.

Peace!


Your opinions and speculation on what the numbers mean isnt "real" in the sense that its just subjective.
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#44 - 2012-02-10 18:07:35 UTC
Kattshiro wrote:
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Herping yourDerp wrote:
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Fuee wrote:
SWTOR cost 300+ million to make


Are you ******* kidding me?

Oh wait, must have been all those stupid cinematic videos they put up to hype everything.


MMO's can take 5 years to make and go through basic testing.
assuming they have 300 people working on the project getting 50k a year
300
x 50
x 5
that right there is 75million, i'm sure most people got paid more then that.

i'm sure EA or lucas arts or god knows who wants a cut.

advertising cost a lot

servers.


Oh yeah, the amount of people involved in that daft project was probably ridiculous ( and possibly a reason why it's failing ) one thing a lot of people just don't understand though is how much time you have to put into those cinematic trailers to make them look as good as they do. It honestly takes a good number of months because of all the detail, if they had spent that much time and resources working on the game it might have MIGHT have been better but unfortunately it seems these days stupid cinematic trailers lure gullible people in more than a solid product do.

CCP are equally as guilty on this, I think their crucible trailer was the only honest trailer I've seen from them so far because it was just gameplay footage and nothing else.



You know companies now all (maybe not blizzard im not sure dont quote me) hire someone else to make the videos/cinematics right?

As for the they didnt do anything new argument... They never said they were going to. (Which is why the consumer does in fact need to do their own research prior to buying a product.) And im not sure every game that comes out needs to be a revolution.
I do agree 3rd person MMO's are kinda "****** out" in terms of gameplay and mechanics. But really it seems enough people dont honestly mind and are rather happy with iteration instead of revolution. Fact of the matter is revolution is a rarity.

I dont think it's a failure rather not a game made with you and I in mind. Only difference is i read previews ahead of time to know not to buy it, and didnt have the OMG STAR WARS!!! moment that clouded my judgement. However I did have that with warhammer so i'm not proclaiming im better than you or smarter...rather just had the experience sooner.

This is why im skeptical of GW2 and its promises. (Though there is no sub for it) but I expect iteration once again rather than OMG the MMO SAVIORS!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68VfgesWmcI

Before you say anything else, there are many, many more videos like it and you are free to read their website information, check their released trailers (which by the way uses highres textures not included in the real game etc.) Or listen to their interviews or Q&A at conventions etc with statements that were all false.

Also they lied during beta telling everyone that all submitted bug reports and issues have been addressed and at launch using latest build none of those problems would exist.

Of course I and others were a sucker, but they did pull every trick in the book to deceive people. Also Bioware use to carry quite a large amount of respect among gamers like myself. Obviously that has changed since DOA 2 and now SWToR.

GW2 I am not skeptical about as much even after this fiasco with EA and at least they don't charge monthly subscription. But if anything I have learned this, never ever trust gaming reviews, beta or whatever even if 90% of them all says game is 9/10+. Will rely on friends I know and trust as well as bloggers etc. who have the same taste as I and know wtf they are talking about.

As for the CGI anime trailers SWToR had made, they are above and beyond anything out there, with the exception of Blizzard I guess. You can tell they were not cheap.
Fuee
Doomheim
#45 - 2012-02-10 18:08:46 UTC
Kattshiro wrote:


I dont think it's a failure rather not a game made with you and I in mind. Only difference is i read previews ahead of time to know not to buy it, and didnt have the OMG STAR WARS!!! moment that clouded my judgement. However I did have that with warhammer so i'm not proclaiming im better than you or smarter...rather just had the experience sooner.

This is why im skeptical of GW2 and its promises. (Though there is no sub for it) but I expect iteration once again rather than OMG the MMO SAVIORS!


The same thing happened to me with warhammer, hard. Never again!
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#46 - 2012-02-10 18:09:21 UTC  |  Edited by: 2bhammered
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
Want real discussion? Look at my posts in this thread, now come back and tell me I did not post anything "real" here.

Peace!


Your opinions and speculation on what the numbers mean isnt "real" in the sense that its just subjective.



And again that is all what you offer to this thread, contradiction. Have a good day sir!

Oh and the numbers are real for the record as are their meaning, you keep saying otherwise but you are wrong, plain and simple.
Myxx
The Scope
#47 - 2012-02-10 18:43:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Myxx
2bhammered wrote:
Myxx wrote:
Lyrka Bloodberry wrote:
Ehm, the European Servers are all at standard population at 5 pm, so before primetime. That is not really bad...
Of course the servers were full in the first month after release, because... well... it was the first month.

I think you are pretty much overinterpreting.

^ haters gonna hate, etc etc. Also, last night, US primetime, the US servers were all at heavy and standard load. not a single light population server. A couple were full.



That is simply not true at all, I know since I checked and at 2am eastern they were all light in both US and EU.

By the way, "haters gonna hate" is the most common phrase used by Biodrones on the internet, that and WoW had problems at launch 2004P

Not saying you are one butLol

Feel free to check xFire if you want server stats.


I have put your problem in bold, underlined italics. 2 am est? I'm sleeping at that point as are most reasonable people, I imagine. US primetime check at like 7-9pm est, on a saturday.
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#48 - 2012-02-10 19:12:36 UTC
2bhammered wrote:
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
Want real discussion? Look at my posts in this thread, now come back and tell me I did not post anything "real" here.

Peace!


Your opinions and speculation on what the numbers mean isnt "real" in the sense that its just subjective.



And again that is all what you offer to this thread, contradiction. Have a good day sir!

Oh and the numbers are real for the record as are their meaning, you keep saying otherwise but you are wrong, plain and simple.


Your reading comprehension needs some work, where in that post did I leave any contradiction? All I did was make it clear that a subjective opinion is something very different to a fact.

Obviously that didn't sink so let me try to make it clear with an example.

A fact would be,

Star Wars: The old Republic is a game.

A subjective opinion would be,

Star Wars: The old Republic is a good/bad game.

Now I have explained that lets go a little further. Listing the officially verified and published subscription figures is using a fact. Taking the officially verified and published subscription figures along with a very tightly sampled server population statistic and applying an analysis to them is subjective opinion.



Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#49 - 2012-02-10 19:16:09 UTC
Myxx wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
Myxx wrote:
Lyrka Bloodberry wrote:
Ehm, the European Servers are all at standard population at 5 pm, so before primetime. That is not really bad...
Of course the servers were full in the first month after release, because... well... it was the first month.

I think you are pretty much overinterpreting.

^ haters gonna hate, etc etc. Also, last night, US primetime, the US servers were all at heavy and standard load. not a single light population server. A couple were full.



That is simply not true at all, I know since I checked and at 2am eastern they were all light in both US and EU.

By the way, "haters gonna hate" is the most common phrase used by Biodrones on the internet, that and WoW had problems at launch 2004P

Not saying you are one butLol

Feel free to check xFire if you want server stats.


I have put your problem in bold, underlined italics. 2 am est? I'm sleeping at that point as are most reasonable people, I imagine. US primetime check at like 7-9pm est, on a saturday.



That's usually a pretty big tactic among naysayers. I saw people pulling that stunt with Rift as well.

I checked Eve's population status at 6 am EST the other morning, and nobody was on!

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#50 - 2012-02-10 20:03:20 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:


That's usually a pretty big tactic among naysayers. I saw people pulling that stunt with Rift as well.

I checked Eve's population status at 6 am EST the other morning, and nobody was on!

So EVE Just hit the iceberg=Evetanic!?
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#51 - 2012-02-10 21:53:07 UTC  |  Edited by: 2bhammered
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
Want real discussion? Look at my posts in this thread, now come back and tell me I did not post anything "real" here.

Peace!


Your opinions and speculation on what the numbers mean isnt "real" in the sense that its just subjective.



And again that is all what you offer to this thread, contradiction. Have a good day sir!

Oh and the numbers are real for the record as are their meaning, you keep saying otherwise but you are wrong, plain and simple.


Your reading comprehension needs some work, where in that post did I leave any contradiction? All I did was make it clear that a subjective opinion is something very different to a fact.

Obviously that didn't sink so let me try to make it clear with an example.

A fact would be,

Star Wars: The old Republic is a game.

A subjective opinion would be,

Star Wars: The old Republic is a good/bad game.

Now I have explained that lets go a little further. Listing the officially verified and published subscription figures is using a fact. Taking the officially verified and published subscription figures along with a very tightly sampled server population statistic and applying an analysis to them is subjective opinion.






You did it again, made a contradiction while offering nothing to the topic at hand Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnTmBjk-M0c

Roll


Whatever your reason is for contradicting me I hope you realize, when it hits you how bad SWToR has failed, that I ended up teaching you several things and you will learn from that and not remain ignorant.
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#52 - 2012-02-10 21:57:24 UTC  |  Edited by: 2bhammered
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
Myxx wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
Myxx wrote:
Lyrka Bloodberry wrote:
Ehm, the European Servers are all at standard population at 5 pm, so before primetime. That is not really bad...
Of course the servers were full in the first month after release, because... well... it was the first month.

I think you are pretty much overinterpreting.

^ haters gonna hate, etc etc. Also, last night, US primetime, the US servers were all at heavy and standard load. not a single light population server. A couple were full.



That is simply not true at all, I know since I checked and at 2am eastern they were all light in both US and EU.

By the way, "haters gonna hate" is the most common phrase used by Biodrones on the internet, that and WoW had problems at launch 2004P

Not saying you are one butLol

Feel free to check xFire if you want server stats.


I have put your problem in bold, underlined italics. 2 am est? I'm sleeping at that point as are most reasonable people, I imagine. US primetime check at like 7-9pm est, on a saturday.



That's usually a pretty big tactic among naysayers. I saw people pulling that stunt with Rift as well.

I checked Eve's population status at 6 am EST the other morning, and nobody was on!




By the way, look at the number of people logged in to play SWToR DURING peak times at this weekend as of now, worst since launch. Also you replied at my post about all servers showing status being light at 2am eastern time, but you did not realize that the number was for the whole world and there is a thing called time-zones.
Oh and I laughed at the joke about zero players being online in EvE Online at certain hours, if you didn't know let me break the news to you now, EvE Online server never has zero players online except during maintenance, did I hurt your feelings now?Straight Or did you think everyone playing SWToR and EvE Online are from USA and USA only?


What is even more funny is while all servers on SWToR were light/empty EvE Online had more players online on a single server, kind of bad for the next WoW killer wouldn't you agree?
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#53 - 2012-02-10 22:02:10 UTC  |  Edited by: 2bhammered
Myxx wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
Myxx wrote:
Lyrka Bloodberry wrote:
Ehm, the European Servers are all at standard population at 5 pm, so before primetime. That is not really bad...
Of course the servers were full in the first month after release, because... well... it was the first month.

I think you are pretty much overinterpreting.

^ haters gonna hate, etc etc. Also, last night, US primetime, the US servers were all at heavy and standard load. not a single light population server. A couple were full.



That is simply not true at all, I know since I checked and at 2am eastern they were all light in both US and EU.

By the way, "haters gonna hate" is the most common phrase used by Biodrones on the internet, that and WoW had problems at launch 2004P

Not saying you are one butLol

Feel free to check xFire if you want server stats.


I have put your problem in bold, underlined italics. 2 am est? I'm sleeping at that point as are most reasonable people, I imagine. US primetime check at like 7-9pm est, on a saturday.



Time-zones, I know, complicated thing to grasp but eventually you will get there Lol

Arrow Oh and as for ignoring all other stats provided in this thread I want to offer you a gold star and let you know that as of right now, SWToR has the worst server stats since launch and this is peak times on a weekend.

http://www.swtor.com/server-status Also check xfire etc.

Thanks for the good laugh though, very amusing indeedPirate
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#54 - 2012-02-10 22:11:09 UTC
Destination SkillQueue wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:


That's usually a pretty big tactic among naysayers. I saw people pulling that stunt with Rift as well.

I checked Eve's population status at 6 am EST the other morning, and nobody was on!

So EVE Just hit the iceberg=Evetanic!?



It would be called that if they were as dumb enough to spend the amount of cash that EA has spent, yes. But since they didn't, not even close, this game is considered by all to be a success.


I recommend going to swtor.com and check the forums, it is like watching somebody getting hit on the nuts in slow motion Lol
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#55 - 2012-02-10 22:12:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Micheal Dietrich
Here he goes again.

2bhammered wrote:


By the way, look at the number of people logged in to play SWToR DURING peak times at this weekend as of now, worst since launch.


You don't say! Let me guess, drops are noticeable at 1 month, 3 month, and 6 month intervals amirite?

2bhammered wrote:
Also you replied at my post about all servers showing status being light at 2am eastern time, but you did not realize that the number was for the whole world and there is a thing called time-zones.


I didn't, I responded to the person who responded to you. But you said very specifically 4 am EST for US and EU servers. Now 4 am makes it roughly 9 am to about 1 pm for the EU, when people are generally working. Prime time at 4 am EST is in the Asia Pacific. Yes I do know timezones, I deal with them often.

2bhammered wrote:
Oh and I laughed at the joke about zero players being online in EvE Online at certain hours, if you didn't know let me break the news to you now, EvE Online server never has zero players online except during maintenance


YOU DON'T SAY!!!!! LolLolLolLol

2bhammered wrote:
, did I hurt your feelings now?Straight Or did you think everyone playing SWToR and EvE Online are from USA and USA only?
Yep, I are learn in school that USA won world in WW2. We own everything.


2bhammered wrote:
What is even more funny is while all servers on SWToR were light/empty EvE Online had more players online one a single server, kind of bad for the next WoW killer wouldn't you agree?


This is why no fucks are given to the rants presented in this thread. All the tell-tale lingo is there. Wow-Killa, Tortanic, Game is dying, droves leavings, like wow, blah blah blah. This is like Deja Vu except with a different game title each time. I'm already seeing this for GW:2 and it's technically not even an mmo, at least not in the standard payment sense.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#56 - 2012-02-10 22:39:55 UTC  |  Edited by: 2bhammered
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
Here he goes again.

No, here YOU go again Lol


You don't say! Let me guess, drops are noticeable at 1 month, 3 month, and 6 month intervals amirite?

WoW killer and popular MMORPG based on monthly subscriptions=decline in the first month!

I didn't, I responded to the person who responded to you. But you said very specifically 4 am EST for US and EU servers. Now 4 am makes it roughly 9 am to about 1 pm for the EU, when people are generally working. Prime time at 4 am EST is in the Asia Pacific. Yes I do know timezones, I deal with them often.


Your reply was at my post, I "VERY SPECIFICALLY" said 2am EST, not 4am, L2R=Learn to read, eureka. WoW, eve, rift and other MMORPGs all have servers above light/empty at those hours still to this day.


YOU DON'T SAY!!!!! LolLolLolLol


If you can't pick up sarcasm by now I suggest you quit the internet Blink


Yep, I are learn in school that USA won world in WW2. We own everything.


Ok.


This is why no fucks are given to the rants presented in this thread. All the tell-tale lingo is there. Wow-Killa, Tortanic, Game is dying, droves leavings, like wow, blah blah blah. This is like Deja Vu except with a different game title each time. I'm already seeing this for GW:2 and it's technically not even an mmo, at least not in the standard payment sense.



No "fucks"? You accuse me of tell-tale lingo but I presented my argument with facts throughout my thread and having a good laugh at the game and community that tells itself that it has won the market and even killed EvE Online on top of ending WoW's 7+ year winning streak with one of the worst made AAA games in the last decade and is possibly and most likely the biggest failure in video gaming history financially and in popularity.

I also like to make a point that, GW2 is an MMORPG, I think you failed at understanding the definition of an MMO. I hope you will take this opportunity to learn what the definition is and everything else I have told you in this thread. Or, ignorance is blissIdea








My reply is in bold and underline, peace Big smile

PS: This is for you and your kindred http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1gw0ByNPGU

Oh and check the server stats on swtor.com now, 12am CET 11am GMT, almost every single server is on standard at peak time on the best day of the week and second after that are all light.

http://www.swtor.com/server-status
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#57 - 2012-02-10 23:20:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Jhagiti Tyran
2bhammered wrote:
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
Want real discussion? Look at my posts in this thread, now come back and tell me I did not post anything "real" here.

Peace!


Your opinions and speculation on what the numbers mean isnt "real" in the sense that its just subjective.



And again that is all what you offer to this thread, contradiction. Have a good day sir!

Oh and the numbers are real for the record as are their meaning, you keep saying otherwise but you are wrong, plain and simple.


Your reading comprehension needs some work, where in that post did I leave any contradiction? All I did was make it clear that a subjective opinion is something very different to a fact.

Obviously that didn't sink so let me try to make it clear with an example.

A fact would be,

Star Wars: The old Republic is a game.

A subjective opinion would be,

Star Wars: The old Republic is a good/bad game.

Now I have explained that lets go a little further. Listing the officially verified and published subscription figures is using a fact. Taking the officially verified and published subscription figures along with a very tightly sampled server population statistic and applying an analysis to them is subjective opinion.






You did it again, made a contradiction while offering nothing to the topic at hand Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnTmBjk-M0c

Roll


Whatever your reason is for contradicting me I hope you realize, when it hits you how bad SWToR has failed, that I ended up teaching you several things and you will learn from that and not remain ignorant.


Please re-quote my post and highlight exactly where I contradicted your opinion about how well SWToR is performing. I have offered no opinion or speculation about the games population, all I have tried to do is highlight the difference between opinion and fact.

It is a simple concept, I would have thought that the people who earn millions making speculation on games should be able to grasp it easily. They seem unable to realise when somebody is contradicting them either, I suppose they have their minds on weightier matters. Possibly wondering where the next bag of Cheetos is coming from?
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#58 - 2012-02-10 23:27:41 UTC
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
snip* to not waste kilobytes?



You bore me.

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

Ah, no longer bored Lol

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=255
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#59 - 2012-02-11 00:11:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Micheal Dietrich
2bhammered wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
Here he goes again.

No, here YOU go again Lol


Only one post to respond! You're losing you're edge man.



2bhammered wrote:
WoW killer and popular MMORPG based on monthly subscriptions=decline in the first month!


Keyword! Lets see how many people are using that word in this thread. Well there's you and....you. I can link you at least 50 threads with users who have complained about SWTOR much like you, and you will see why I don't have to read your essay's in this thread. I've already have! At least 50 times! The lingo is all the same and it's all coming from the extreme group of the con's. You should be having this argument with the extreme pro's but there doesn't appear to be any here. May want to try the SWTOR forums.


2bhammered wrote:
Your reply was at my post, I "VERY SPECIFICALLY" said 2am EST, not 4am, L2R=Learn to read, eureka. WoW, eve, rift and other MMORPGs all have servers above light/empty at those hours still to this day.


Rift no, many servers are light even on prime time now.
Eve, yeah no ****, we're one server. I'd figure that would be a blatant duh but you have proven me wrong. I bet you if we broke it down to 50 servers with half based in the US and half based in the EU, we would see the exact same thing.
Wow - I figure this would be another duh considering that Wow has US, EU, and Asia servers AND a population of 9.5 million.


2bhammered wrote:
If you can't pick up sarcasm by now I suggest you quit the internet Blink


I guess where you come from it's sarcasm. Over here we call it stating the obvious. You see, my comment was sarcastic as the time I chose is the downtime for the EST. Your comment told me what I already knew.

Ran out of quotes at this point.


No "fucks"? You accuse me of tell-tale lingo but I presented my argument with facts throughout my thread and having a good laugh at the game and community that tells itself that it has won the market and even killed EvE Online on top of ending WoW's 7+ year winning streak with one of the worst made AAA games in the last decade and is possibly and most likely the biggest failure in video gaming history financially and in popularity.

I did accuse you of tell-tale lingo. It's littered through out this entire thread. You've jumped on the bandwagon with calling it Tortanic and claiming it's the supposed wow-killer. Strange, I was also informed that Rift was the Wow-killer. Oh and so is Terra and GW:2. Same comments, different game.
You also have posted no facts about this huge failure. I don't see star wars turning into FTP yet. It still has far more people than WAR, AOC, and even Eve (combined even). And it's right on par with every other launch that I've seen.
I also see that you are using the words possibly and most likely. That tells me you aren't quite sure.

I also like to make a point that, GW2 is an MMORPG, I think you failed at understanding the definition of an MMO. I hope you will take this opportunity to learn what the definition is and everything else I have told you in this thread. Or, ignorance is blissIdea


I said it's not an mmo in the standard method that we know of. And there you are accusing me of reading failure. If GW:2 uses the same economic build as GW:1, all you will be expected to purchase is the game itself (along with expansion packs, weapon packs, class packs...). No subscription. Even the FTP's have a subscription mode for high end content. By the way, did I mention that GW:2 is the next wow-killer? Just thought you should know that so you can jot it down for your GW:2 rant.

Again, who cares what the other game is doing? My friend bought and says that he really enjoys it, good for him. I made the decision long ago that it didn't appeal to me and I let it be. I don't give a **** what its doing, just like I don't give a **** about the status of many other mmo's. And one thing that I have certainly learned is to take anything a mouthbreather with a list of catch phrases has to say with a grain of salt. 10 mil says I'll be seeing these rants from you for the next 6 months updating us on some other game that is still doing well, though you'll take the standard population drops at the describe intervals as game is dying. This is like dealing with Smoothmage all over again.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#60 - 2012-02-11 00:31:59 UTC  |  Edited by: 2bhammered
RollShockedLol


Micheal Dietrich wrote:
Again, who cares what the other game is doing? I don't give a **** what its doing, just like I don't give a **** about the status of many other mmo's.