These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

SKILL POINTS AS REWARD FROM MISSIONING

First post
Author
Koritougamaw
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#141 - 2012-05-10 08:32:57 UTC
NO.

Riddick37 wrote:

And even have a choice to have a LP reward OR SP Reward..

LOL
Sola Mercury
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#142 - 2012-05-10 08:46:05 UTC
NO
Sunviking
Doomheim
#143 - 2012-05-10 11:14:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Sunviking
This is a Terrible idea, and one that never be implemented. Because giving SP as mission rewards will create even more of an incentive for Mission-Bots. Think about it. Bot runs missions 23/7, and very quickly builds up a vast amount of SP on top of the ISK pile they are creating, enabling the owner of the account to make even more illegal ISK by selling the character for huge ISK and huge RMT. Because it is so profitable to Bot missions, Botting programs/macros will get more sophitisticated, becoming even more difficult to spot. End result: Game ruined.

Seriously, don't do this.
Just Alter
Futures Abstractions
#144 - 2012-05-10 12:55:52 UTC
This is the worst idea ever written on these forums.

I hope you feel bad for what you've done.
Radelix Cisko
JUMP DRIVE ACTIVE
#145 - 2012-05-11 19:05:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Radelix Cisko
So many straw men in this thread

EVE is a veteran heavy game but remember that when you fly a Rifter with decent skills the other pilot may have 100 mil SP but they very well may not be directed at Rifters or weapons and modules that Rifters commonly use.

My Large Railgun Spec V is of no use when I'm flying a Cormorant with T2 blasters.

Edit: No, SP for missions is stupid. Play the game don't grind it.

Despite my posting prowess I really am terrible at this game

Ymmi Stenson
Future Overlords
#146 - 2012-05-12 12:35:23 UTC
Hell no.
The Cake
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#147 - 2012-05-12 21:06:04 UTC  |  Edited by: The Cake
OP, why? If you want to catch up to vets it's already easier.

In the character bazaar you can buy a year old character for 10Bil. That's about 18-20m skillpoints or 500isk per skp.

An hour of lvl 4 missions nets from 12m-60m depending on ships, missions, standings, location & skill. Doing the math that's anywhere from 24000 to 120,000 skp per hour of grinding.

Just glancing at the char bazaar I see one guy is selling a 33m skp industrial char for 8 Bil min bid. Do the math on that grind. If you want to grind skp then there's already a mechanic for you to do that. (242.2 isk per skp or approximately 50,000 to around 250,000 skp per hour)
Katalci
Kismesis
#148 - 2012-05-12 23:27:03 UTC
No. Not now, not ever.
Jakob Anzomi
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#149 - 2012-05-12 23:58:36 UTC
Katalci wrote:
No. Not now, not ever.

So, you are saying, there's a chance? Lol
Just Alter
Futures Abstractions
#150 - 2012-05-13 00:09:54 UTC
Jakob Anzomi wrote:
Katalci wrote:
No. Not now, not ever.

No. Never there will be anything resembling a chance that this will be acceptable.
Sunviking
Doomheim
#151 - 2012-05-13 06:51:44 UTC
Sunviking wrote:
This is a Terrible idea, and one that never be implemented. Because giving SP as mission rewards will create even more of an incentive for Mission-Bots. Think about it. Bot runs missions 23/7, and very quickly builds up a vast amount of SP on top of the ISK pile they are creating, enabling the owner of the account to make even more illegal ISK by selling the character for huge ISK and huge RMT. Because it is so profitable to Bot missions, Botting programs/macros will get more sophitisticated, becoming even more difficult to spot. End result: Game ruined.

Seriously, don't do this.

I just thought I should say this again.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#152 - 2012-05-14 06:47:11 UTC
Just Alter wrote:
Jakob Anzomi wrote:
Katalci wrote:
No. Not now, not ever.

No. Never there will be anything resembling a chance that this will be acceptable.

I think he was trying for a movie reference.

And failing. Tragically, utterly failing.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Relient Tolemus
Lazy Town
#153 - 2012-07-26 07:40:36 UTC
Riddick37 wrote:
Craggus wrote:
Riddick37 wrote:
One can only try. CCP doesnt have to do it like that but with in reason of something like that.. CCP needs to give something other then just ISK and LP To work for... its starting become abit boring now...

Getting something more than ISK and LP won't fix boredom. They would need to rework how missions are done to fix that.

Well its more to the point that i think SP would be more value to people and, it'd help people skill train somewhat faster and spend a month PVPing/ratting/Missioning/Mining With there new ships and test out there new skills quiker... and it wouldnt to much more boring,

No. It would "be of more value" to people who do missions. What about Miners, Traders, Pirates, Low Sec and Null sec folks, what about wormhole corps and pretty much anyone else who doesn't do missions? Before you post such things, please take a look around you and consider everyone else. This is not WoW and there is more to do in this game than just missions.

And as for the boring part, I'll assume you only do missions. If you try to play eve like any other MMO you will find it boring eventually, just like any other MMO. Difference is, if you get bored in Eve go do something else, Pvp, Mine, Trade, start a damn corp or go explore. If you still find eve boring then this just isn't the game for you.

It's also important to remember that this is a signature.

Nestara Aldent
Citimatics
#154 - 2012-07-26 07:48:24 UTC
OP, your suggestion is awful, point of Eve skill system is thats there no grind. Your suggestion will just make it mindless grind (and what about other avenues of making ISK, ratting, null plexing/incursions/WHs, how they fit into your picture? Should tehy give SP too?). For mindless grind look into other MMOs available on the market. This game is different, and thats reason many of us play it.
Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#155 - 2012-07-26 12:25:22 UTC
Guys guys I keep doing the same thing over and over again and now i'm bored so here's an idea to not make my thing less boring but give it rewards that will break this game so I can move onto other games and repeat the cycle anew!

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Emperor Salazar
Remote Soviet Industries
Insidious Empire
#156 - 2012-07-26 14:10:01 UTC
Relient Tolemus wrote:

No. It would "be of more value" to people who do missions. What about Miners, Traders, Pirates, Low Sec and Null sec folks, what about wormhole corps and pretty much anyone else who doesn't do missions? Before you post such things, please take a look around you and consider everyone else. This is not WoW and there is more to do in this game than just missions.

And as for the boring part, I'll assume you only do missions. If you try to play eve like any other MMO you will find it boring eventually, just like any other MMO. Difference is, if you get bored in Eve go do something else, Pvp, Mine, Trade, start a damn corp or go explore. If you still find eve boring then this just isn't the game for you.

Why would you necro this horrible thread?
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#157 - 2012-07-26 14:29:34 UTC
Relient Tolemus wrote:
Rise zombie thread and eat the brains of your visitors!

what's wrong with you? did you not get enough attention as a child?

I should buy an Ishtar.

Zicon Shak'ra
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#158 - 2012-07-26 17:31:28 UTC
Bad idea is bad. There are relatively few things in the game that you cannot do at least decently within two months.

Things You Can Do Decently Well:
- Missions
- Exploration
- Ratting
- Frigate/Cruiser PVP
- Trading
- Mining
- Scouting
- Planetary Interaction
- T1/T2 Manufacturing
- Invention
- Moon mining
- Booster production
- Salvaging
- Piracy
- Scamming
- Can Flipping
- Factional Warfare

Things You Cannot Do Decently Well:
- Wormholes
- Capital Ships
- Battlecruiser/Battleship PVP
- T3/Capital Manufacturing
- Incursions

Please, tell me more about how long you have to wait in order to do fun things.

Wormholes are cool, m'kay?

Malgalad
State War Academy
Caldari State
#159 - 2012-07-26 18:19:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Malgalad
Riddick37 wrote:
After playing Eve for awhile and other games Eve has stood out with its Skill train way... other games you kill something you get EXP ((experience points)) and that allows skills to level, here yah just wait... could it get anymore boring? Yes Mine? PVE? PVP? but there is a line where Making Isk and losing isk gets boring... How about work for something worth more.... something we all want.. SKILL POINTS

Angents reward Loyalty points some dont, couldnt CCP make ones the reward Skill points? not rediculous amounts but a reasnoble amount. like

Level 1 missions Range From 0-100 SP
Level 2 Missions Range From 101-200SP
Level 3 Missions Range From 201-300SP
Level 4 Missions Range From 301-400SP
and
Level 5 Missions Range From 401-500SP

Im not sure if someone has tried to sugest and idea like this before or not...
this would Promote missions alot more... added we get abit of ISK as well with the Reward... And even have a choice to have a LP reward OR SP Reward..

I know i would be doing Missions that rewarded like that, Instead of just waiting 30+days with lvl 4 Inplants to train a skill and it wouldnt detour new gamers from playing this game if they found out there was also a quick way to train skills...

CCP you guys would be making a killing off this game cause for some reason i love it i have 4 accounts on here of my own.. and im slowly getting bored of the game because im sick of making isk and losing it.... waiting to long to try out a new mod or ship cause i have to wait almost 2-3 months to fly it properly... If anyone else can sugest/argue to my idea go ahead.. end of the day its just a sugestion to Promote missioning and game play.

NO!
I like eve cause it doesn't have the grind, i can do a mission or RvB and not have to worry that i could be getting that ship or mod that bit quicker if i sat there doing missions non-stop.
Eve is different from other games as it has a skill queue and no way to get more skill points from other in game activity's.

you got it a lot better now that it was, with no learning skills and remaps.

and if you're getting bored cus you're sick of making isk and losing it then i can only guess you pvp a lot or you're terribad at what ever else you're doing, so fly something cheaper, skill points ain't going to help.

i can see you haven't put much thought into this as well.
Pinstar Colton
Sweet Asteroid Acres
#160 - 2012-07-26 19:26:58 UTC
Sure!

...if you treat your actual playing skills as skill points.

Trust me, once you get efficient hotkey mapping V, Correct target prioritization IV and Mission Memorization IV, your missions will go much faster.

If you have a 2nd monitor, I'd suggest getting "Youtube Video distraction resistance" to at LEAST rank III

In the cat-and-mouse game that is low sec, there is no shame in learning to be a better mouse.