These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

SKILL POINTS AS REWARD FROM MISSIONING

First post
Author
Czeris
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#61 - 2012-02-07 01:33:12 UTC
Ok fine I will seriouspost.

Much of the vitriol on these forums stems from the fact that most of these ideas have been brought up before debated and roundly rejected. In some cases dozens of times.

Despite the bitter tears of epeen nullsec carebear loser veteran players CCP has actually already significantly reduced the new player skill curve. Hey new guy. did you know there used to be a whole set of skills you "needed" to train that didn't add anything gameplay wise? They were called Learning skills. They are gone now, letting you jump right in to training the good stuff. In addition, CCP has added Remaps for new players as well as some new character insta booster thing (I forget what it's called).

No this will not allow you to jump into a Titan in your first 3 months of playing but it has already greatly reduced the initial "I'm useless" phase.

You can quite easily train competitive pvp skills in less than a month (competitve meaning your character's skills will not be the deciding factor in the fight). Yes, this means the ignominy of frigate and cruiser pvp, but we all have to start somewhere.

Anyways, it is a moot point. There is aleady a mechanism in place to do exactly what the OP has suggested, unfortunately. Go, grind Level 4s. Click on "character bazaar" on these very forums. Trade in-game isk for instant gratification. Done.
Allyia Base
Doomheim
#62 - 2012-02-07 03:12:22 UTC
Czeris wrote:

Anyways, it is a moot point. There is aleady a mechanism in place to do exactly what the OP has suggested, unfortunately. Go, grind Level 4s. Click on "character bazaar" on these very forums. Trade in-game isk for instant gratification. Done.

Yes, please do this. I have two still up for sale and another listing next week. Attention
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#63 - 2012-02-07 05:26:13 UTC
Rat Farmer wrote:
I still think it's funny how many people say to go back to WOW or (name random mmo here) because EVE is hardcore and blah, blah, blah.

As I stated earlier, I actually like EVE, I just think that the passive skill point grind is crazy and there will never be a level playing field per se. I paid for 6 months, so I’ll see how I feel when it’s time for me to re-subscribe, until then I’ll post my thoughts as I feel inclined. So, no, I won’t go biomass myself, I won’t give you stuff, I won’t go hang myself in the closet next to your mother and I won’t shut up or play another game…

Here's how to stop worrying about skills so much. Pick a short term goal (I suggest either a Frigate or a Cruiser[Cruiser's pushing it] and perfect it. I mean everything related to your fit (yes, one or a very small number of fits) to L5 (some stuff can probably slide at 4 [turret specs, the really long gun support skills, AWU, that sort]), and fly it every single day. And lose it. Lose it several times a day. In about 2 months (maybe less), you will have perfect skills for the frigate (and fantastic core and support skills) and you will still be learning things (more slowly now, since you've put all the giant mistakes behind you). While you learn to harness the power of this frigate, you train the next thing (or hop up to BSes for missions/ratting/whatever).

The ideal way to do this is to pick a frigate that's got relatively forgiving fitting requirements so that your first few dozen times around the block are in T1/Low Meta mods and your total fit is ~750k ISK. Then you get someone to sell you a buddy invite (gaining you ~400m) or sell a PLEX, and it's going to take you a LONG time to burn that nest egg.

If you mix up the locations in which you're fighting (one day NPC Null, next Lowsec, next Baiting in HS, etc) you'll get a good taste of the combat mechanics of each area of space as well (so you can decide where you want to live).

Seriously, it takes ~45min of training to have the SP to be a useful member of a small gang (or big fleet), less than a week to have the SP to be a competent soloist, and maybe 2 months to effectively max out a frigate hull.

Just about any subcap can be flown either excellently or perfectly in under a year. The Vet's advantage is a diversity of choices and effective income sources. Vets don't have all that much in direct combat advantage from SP (compared to a focused newbie).

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

CausticS0da
Shrubbery Acquisitions
Blohm and Voss Shipyards Alliance
#64 - 2012-02-07 06:22:04 UTC
Rat Farmer wrote:
I still think it's funny how many people say to go back to WOW or (name random mmo here) because EVE is hardcore and blah, blah, blah.

As I stated earlier, I actually like EVE, I just think that the passive skill point grind is crazy and there will never be a level playing field per se. I paid for 6 months, so I’ll see how I feel when it’s time for me to re-subscribe, until then I’ll post my thoughts as I feel inclined. So, no, I won’t go biomass myself, I won’t give you stuff, I won’t go hang myself in the closet next to your mother and I won’t shut up or play another game…

That said… I personally know 5 people that won’t even try EVE because they say that they will always be so far behind everyone else in EVE when it comes to skill training. Yes, you can be somewhat productive in 3 weeks; I have but I don’t think that I’m anywhere near ready to PVP against another active pilot (I’m not talking about a miner or hauler) even if they are in a frigate as well if they’ve been playing a couple of more months or years then me.

The game is what it is, is CCP going to change? Probably not. Does that mean that people are not subscribing because they don’t like the passive training? Definitely!

You've acknowledged the fact that you are new to the game, yet you claim to have a better understanding of it than people who have played for years. Do you not see that it's your understanding of the game that might be flawed?

I'll try and address some of the points you've made. You claim that new players are put off by being too far behind older players but this is just a misunderstanding on their part, perpetuated by idiots such as yourself. There is plenty for a new player to do in the couple of months it takes to get ones core skills. After that, a 6 month old player in a frigate is the same as a six year old player in a frigate in terms of skill points. Do you understand that?

What do you think will happen to the longevity and general gameplay of the game if skill points come easy and everyone is flying super caps? You've failed to look at the consequences of your suggestion and are just crying like a child in a toy shop unable to buy all the toys at once. Eve isn't about instant gratification yet you want to make it that way.

You've also forced me to play the WoW card. As someone who was dedicated to the game (top 100 world raiding guild, rank 14 pvp etc) I can tell you that making the game more accessible killed it. It belittled the efforts of the hardcore players and drove them away from the game. Without the hardcore players the game started to die. Why? Because in Mmos it's the players that create a large part of the culture and meaning to the game. This is even more the case with Eve.

It's not only about attracting subscribers for CCP. It's about the quality of the subscribers and their effect on the game long term. Wow refugees such as yourself (no doubt you never played wow in vanilla or you would know the damage your attitude can cause to an MMO) have yet to understand how Eve works and still have the affront to try to mould the game into what you naively want it to be. This is why you've been met with disgust from many in this thread.

I suggest you get to actually know the game before you come onto the forums raging that you have 7 days left for frigate V. Come back in a year and post. If you still feel this way I'll be astonished but at least you'll be in a better position to talk about it.

As it is, you're a first year Arts student trying to argue with an army of Noam Chomskys.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#65 - 2012-02-07 06:33:18 UTC
CausticS0da wrote:

As it is, you're a first year Arts student trying to argue with an army of Noam Chomskys.

Best line I've read in a while.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Rat Farmer
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#66 - 2012-02-07 13:24:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Rat Farmer
CausticS0da wrote:

You bring up some valid points but your delivery leaves much to be desired. I have never spoke down to you or anyone else on these forums, so why must you try and belittle me because I may not have had the same grasp of the game that you desire me to have and that I have an opinion of my progress thus far.

Let’s stop bringing up all other MMOs as we are talking about EVE and only EVE. As both RubyPorto and you stated/directed, I am building my core skills and I plan on maximizing my frigate skills. I currently don’t have destroyer or cruiser trained as I’m only focusing on flying a frigate at this point. What I did was go through the description of all the ships (frigates) attributes for Gallente and decided on flying a Daredevil; this choice made me deviate a little from my original plan as I needed to train Minmatar frigate to 3 (but I don’t think that they are wasted points).

I have a serious question for you though. How often do you actually fly a frigate? Is this what you mission in to make your ISK? Is the frigate your hull of choice when PVPing?

The reason I ask is that I don’t see me accumulating that much ISK banging out level 1 and 2 missions for the next 6 months to purchase anything of real value. I’m lucky if I make 10 million in the span of 4 hours; no, I haven’t taken salvage, loot or loyalty points into account, I’m just basing my numbers on ISK from bounties and mission payout. Personally, I’m not the scamming type, so I’m not going to go beg for ISK or try selling 1 shuttle for 3.5 billion ISK. And I’m trying to optimize my skill points, so I have nothing in trade or industry other than what was required for the tutorial missions.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#67 - 2012-02-07 17:02:06 UTC  |  Edited by: RubyPorto
Rat Farmer wrote:
CausticS0da wrote:

You bring up some valid points but your delivery leaves much to be desired. I have never spoke down to you or anyone else on these forums, so why must you try and belittle me because I may not have had the same grasp of the game that you desire me to have and that I have an opinion of my progress thus far.

Let’s stop bringing up all other MMOs as we are talking about EVE and only EVE. As both RubyPorto and you stated/directed, I am building my core skills and I plan on maximizing my frigate skills. I currently don’t have destroyer or cruiser trained as I’m only focusing on flying a frigate at this point. What I did was go through the description of all the ships (frigates) attributes for Gallente and decided on flying a Daredevil; this choice made me deviate a little from my original plan as I needed to train Minmatar frigate to 3 (but I don’t think that they are wasted points).

I have a serious question for you though. How often do you actually fly a frigate? Is this what you mission in to make your ISK? Is the frigate your hull of choice when PVPing?

The reason I ask is that I don’t see me accumulating that much ISK banging out level 1 and 2 missions for the next 6 months to purchase anything of real value. I’m lucky if I make 10 million in the span of 4 hours; no, I haven’t taken salvage, loot or loyalty points into account, I’m just basing my numbers on ISK from bounties and mission payout. Personally, I’m not the scamming type, so I’m not going to go beg for ISK or try selling 1 shuttle for 3.5 billion ISK. And I’m trying to optimize my skill points, so I have nothing in trade or industry other than what was required for the tutorial missions.

Learn to fly an Incursus first. Then a Tyrannis. The daredevil is very expensive(~100m for the hull [you'd also want both racial frig skills at 5]).

I suggest you sell 1 plex, buy ~50-100 T1/LowMeta fit Incursus and learn to fly it that way(each should cost ~1m Isk). Your googlefu should bring up some guides to fitting it and some guides to flying it. Then once you've spent a few weeks losing all of them (and probably getting a few kills; one T2 gun looted from a wreck will pay for your hull and fit, so these kills will possibly bring you overall profit), you can look at your fit and skills to see what T2 mods would give you the biggest bang for your buck.

To make a significant amount of isk in a short amount of time through PvE activities, you could put an alt in a SB into faction warfare or scam or trade, otherwise you'd need a larger ship. That's why I suggest new players take a plex and blow it on dirt cheap frigates.

It's not going to be easy, but it's probably the cheapest and most effective way to learn to PvP. As for your hangup about scamming; this is EvE, get over yourself.

EDIT:
Incursus is the cheap frigate I meant, Ishtar is an AF. I'm an idiot. I'll edit the body to fix it. Thanks Rat Farmer for pointing this out.

CausticS0da
Shrubbery Acquisitions
Blohm and Voss Shipyards Alliance
#68 - 2012-02-07 19:45:17 UTC
My reply was lost to the ether so I'll just say that I do fly frigates. Pretty much all high sp, active, pvp players love to fly frigates.

If you want to make money in your frigate, do Angel Sound arc. You seem clever enough and I'm sure you'll come up with ideas to make money once you've completed that.

Don't take the tone of some of the replies in this thread personally. Let me know in a year's time if you still endorse OPs ideas.
Rat Farmer
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2012-02-07 19:58:06 UTC
I'm gussing that the original poster has given up on this thread...
Bugsy VanHalen
Society of lost Souls
#70 - 2012-02-07 21:00:59 UTC
pretty much one of the main selling points about EVE is there is no exp grind. Skill Points are what they are.

The only grind in EVE is for isk and there are many many ways to make isk in EVE.

if you know what you want and are focused you can generally have the skills needed to fly a ship by the time you can afford to fly it. Keep in mind the first rule of EVE. Do not fly what you can not afford to lose. by the time you have enough isk that losing a ship is not a burden on your wallet you can have all the skills needed to fly that ship well. don't race through the skills to get the minimum needed for a shiny battleship. you will just lose it.

There is far more to flying a battleship in EVE than the minimum skill requirements. learn the game mechanics, perfect your skills with low class ships. frigates are a lot of fun to PVP in and are low cost to replace. Don't PVP in a battleship unless you can afford to replace it every time you undock in it.

EVE has a steep learning curve, but once you get the game, and learn the mechanics that make it work, skill points do not mean so much any more. I have played for over 2 years and still have not maxed all my skills for flying a battleship. but I have been flying battleships for 1 1/2 years. the more I play the game, the better I get. Only with experience and the knowledge of what modules to use in what situations, and how to best use those modules, will you really benefit from the skill points giving you the most out of those modules.

Many new players come to EVE saying this is bull***. but EVE is the only PVP focused MMO that is still going strong past its 8th year. most MMO's drop off and die after 4-5 years at the most. EVE's continued success is an indisputable testament to the fact they they pretty much got it right. Don't come here in all your noobness and tell us it needs to be changed. Look what happened to SWG when the developers listened to the complaints of the new players rather than the feed back of the veterans.
Nex apparatu5
Blackwood Co.
#71 - 2012-02-07 21:31:49 UTC
Across my characters, i can (and have) flown almost every ship class, and I can say the most fun I've had in eve was in not a titan or supercarrier, but in an assault frig.
Ivar Avar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#72 - 2012-02-07 23:08:09 UTC
Spineker wrote:
Msgerbs wrote:
Riddick37 wrote:
One can only try. CCP doesnt have to do it like that but with in reason of something like that.. CCP needs to give something other then just ISK and LP To work for... its starting become abit boring now...

Doing missions is not the goal of EVE. Doing missions is income. What you DO with that income is the goal of EVE. Missions are a means to an end, nothing more.

Totally absolutely and completely incorrect. It is this attitude that keeps this game broken in many ways.

So the goal of EVE is to do missions? I'm glad you aren't in charge of game development. Not sure what you mean about modernizing missions but it had better not be "kill 10 guristas" or something WoWish. The best part of EVE is that there is no grind unless you create one for yourself. Imaginiation > Repetition. The OP's idea is absolutely terrible and I am glad to see only a couple people in this thread couldn't see that. You don't need max skills to be effective in EVE at any task. All you need to do to compete at low skill points is specialize and use what you got. If that fails make a friend or something.
Aedeline Belacqua
Black Rise Tax Relief
#73 - 2012-02-08 00:21:26 UTC
Hello,

I'm a quite new player in EVE too, and the idea isn't totally bad, but it would need some restriction.

As a new player we need to skill quickly to the core and the gunnery/missiles (depending on what we wanna fly) skill, and then the tanking skill. We also need to be able to quickly earn some ISK, not billions but enough to afford loosing several frigs a day. Wich can be done (to fly a drake with all support skill to at least 4, some tackling frig and some little usefull thing like salvage or cloak) in 4 month according to my skill plan, using +3 implants and a remap. It's few, and it's also a lot. It's few for all the vets as they have many month behind them, BUT for a brand new player, it seems it's unreachable and that's not even the best thing possible, it's just a starting point. Myself i don't feel it as impossible as i got a good team to learn me, but for loads of new players, that won't be as lucky as me it must be hard and prevent them from resubscribing.

What would be a good compromise, would be to have a mechanic to increase skillpoint (withouth replacing the passive learning) until we reach a deadline like 10M skillpoint. It would help the begginner, he would perhaps focus on it to build his skillplan, but it wouldn't give him overpowered skills, he would just be able to fly something with good skill in a decent amount of time and he would feel more considered and would more likely continue to play EVE

Some have talked about the character bazaar, if i was running missions, i wouldn't earn enough ISK to buy a toon, before my drake skillplan is over, so is that really interesting? And would it really worth it? I would really feel inconfortable if i were playing on a character that isn't mine, have a bad reputation, and haven't the skin i want to have

(about the option to buy a plex and sell it, i won't even think of it as using my credit card to buy virtual currencies make me sick)

Aedeline
Cambarus
The Baros Syndicate
#74 - 2012-02-08 00:48:13 UTC
Aedeline Belacqua wrote:

Wich can be done (to fly a drake with all support skill to at least 4, some tackling frig and some little usefull thing like salvage or cloak) in 4 month according to my skill plan, using +3 implants and a remap. It's few, and it's also a lot. It's few for all the vets as they have many month behind them, BUT for a brand new player, it seems it's unreachable and that's not even the best thing possible, it's just a starting point. Myself i don't feel it as impossible as i got a good team to learn me, but for loads of new players, that won't be as lucky as me it must be hard and prevent them from resubscribing.

A fair while back a bunch of people from failheap made accounts on Serenity, the chinese eve server. They started up their new characters, and on literally the first day of their new accounts, they started ganking people:
http://killboard.nl/en/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=2231

Fast forward about 2 weeks, and they killed a carrier, using 2 week old nubs in frigates:
http://killboard.nl/en/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=29803

People assume you need 20million SP to be able to do anything in eve, and this is provably false. Granted, it takes experience to do well in pvp, but in eve especially numbers play a much larger role than actual skill levels. New players don't need more SP, they just need to go out and pvp more.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#75 - 2012-02-08 01:11:28 UTC
Cambarus wrote:
Aedeline Belacqua wrote:

Wich can be done (to fly a drake with all support skill to at least 4, some tackling frig and some little usefull thing like salvage or cloak) in 4 month according to my skill plan, using +3 implants and a remap. It's few, and it's also a lot. It's few for all the vets as they have many month behind them, BUT for a brand new player, it seems it's unreachable and that's not even the best thing possible, it's just a starting point. Myself i don't feel it as impossible as i got a good team to learn me, but for loads of new players, that won't be as lucky as me it must be hard and prevent them from resubscribing.

A fair while back a bunch of people from failheap made accounts on Serenity, the chinese eve server. They started up their new characters, and on literally the first day of their new accounts, they started ganking people:
http://killboard.nl/en/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=2231

Fast forward about 2 weeks, and they killed a carrier, using 2 week old nubs in frigates:
http://killboard.nl/en/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=29803

People assume you need 20million SP to be able to do anything in eve, and this is provably false. Granted, it takes experience to do well in pvp, but in eve especially numbers play a much larger role than actual skill levels. New players don't need more SP, they just need to go out and pvp more.

And the ISK you can get from starting a 21d trial from someone who'll split the isk from the PLEX they get (I offer a 90/10 split, with me getting the 10) will keep you rolling in cheap frigs for a LONG time.

Bent Barrel
#76 - 2012-02-08 07:35:47 UTC
Spineker wrote:
OP you can't recommend anything on these forums with the fools that post here. I don't actually want experience but I don't see the need for all the trolls to come out of their doodoo bird shells and pretend Eve can not be improved. Just because it has been broke for 9 years doesn't mean it should remain broke.

Missions need to be completely revamped into a modern style of game play but then the doodoo birds which are Null sec Epeens living in thier moms basement will cry a river of tears.

and you omitted the link to your great mission revamp idea just by mistake ...

you are missing a crucial point here ... the conservatives and the radicals need to mix in a proper ratio to not break the game. going from extreme to extreme does ruin things very fast ...
Bent Barrel
#77 - 2012-02-08 07:39:17 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
Rat Farmer wrote:

Here's how to stop worrying about skills so much. Pick a short term goal (I suggest either a Frigate or a Cruiser[Cruiser's pushing it] and perfect it. I mean everything related to your fit (yes, one or a very small number of fits) to L5 (some stuff can probably slide at 4 [turret specs, the really long gun support skills, AWU, that sort]), and fly it every single day. And lose it. Lose it several times a day. In about 2 months (maybe less), you will have perfect skills for the frigate (and fantastic core and support skills) and you will still be learning things (more slowly now, since you've put all the giant mistakes behind you). While you learn to harness the power of this frigate, you train the next thing (or hop up to BSes for missions/ratting/whatever).

The ideal way to do this is to pick a frigate that's got relatively forgiving fitting requirements so that your first few dozen times around the block are in T1/Low Meta mods and your total fit is ~750k ISK. Then you get someone to sell you a buddy invite (gaining you ~400m) or sell a PLEX, and it's going to take you a LONG time to burn that nest egg.

If you mix up the locations in which you're fighting (one day NPC Null, next Lowsec, next Baiting in HS, etc) you'll get a good taste of the combat mechanics of each area of space as well (so you can decide where you want to live).

Seriously, it takes ~45min of training to have the SP to be a useful member of a small gang (or big fleet), less than a week to have the SP to be a competent soloist, and maybe 2 months to effectively max out a frigate hull.

Just about any subcap can be flown either excellently or perfectly in under a year. The Vet's advantage is a diversity of choices and effective income sources. Vets don't have all that much in direct combat advantage from SP (compared to a focused newbie).

THIS...

took me 5 years of previous eve subscription to realise this simple truth ... now I am in my 3 month on this one and having much more fun then in the previous 5 years.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#78 - 2012-02-08 08:17:39 UTC
Spineker wrote:
OP you can't recommend anything on these forums with the fools that post here. I don't actually want experience but I don't see the need for all the trolls to come out of their doodoo bird shells and pretend Eve can not be improved. Just because it has been broke for 9 years doesn't mean it should remain broke.

Missions need to be completely revamped into a modern style of game play but then the doodoo birds which are Null sec Epeens living in thier moms basement will cry a river of tears.

Revamping missions would be a fantastic idea (this coming from someone you might classify as a "Null sec Epeen") as they're fantastically boring. The sticking point in any suggestion is and always been "How?"

From the ground up, we have (generally) 3 areas of space, ideally organized thusly:
Hisec: Low Effort, Low Reward
Lowsec: Moderate Effort, Moderate Reward
Nullsec: High Effort, High Reward

(Please note, I use the word "Effort" not "Risk" because in all areas there are risks, they're just of differing natures and require differing amounts of effort to mitigate)

Right now the landscape looks more like
Hisec: Low Effort, High Reward
Lowsec: Moderate Effort, Moderate Reward
Nullsec: High Effort, High Reward

So there's a problem, and any revamping of missions in Hisec would need to address that problem. So, whoops that would be the dreaded nerf word. Thus starts the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the mourners of missionbear.

Remember, not all changes to EvE will be to your benefit (I've been on the receiving end of quite a few).

Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#79 - 2012-02-08 08:34:40 UTC
Changing missions is not related to SP gain imo.

I also do not think there is a need to *change* missions, only a need to continue to introduce new content that makes missions less important.

Since 2007 when I started, anomolies, wormholes, exploration content and incursions have been added, and all of these have reduced the importance of missions, and thats the process that needs to continue.

For those that want to gain SP by doing missions, here is the solution.

1 - do missions.
2 - save money from missions.
3 - sell character
4 - buy new character with old character + mission money, gaining SP.

If you have a character worth 4bil, and you save 4bil, you can make quite a jump (enough such that tidying up the new character is not a problem).
Callista Nueva
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#80 - 2012-02-08 12:04:05 UTC
In all honesty i have played wow, istaria and various other so-called MMO's and EVE online is a game i love as you dont just grind to get everything You play it in whatever way you want, you could just simply mine, belt run, mission run, PvP, Hell or join a null sec alliance and get involved ina massive war which you may not understand just for the thought of killing other in-game players whom also know the risks, if you're bored of playing Eve go null sec and go war it out!

The reason the skill queue is so brilliant is that it brings players to wait for stronger equipment, stronger, bigger ships or even upgraded technology, But the thing is granted some skills take more than a Day or even amonth (regaurding to larger capital based ships) but through this you learn that things take time, EVE is not designed for impatient players, hell i have to wait 39D just for a proteus i couldnt care about the wait as in 2D i get a RattleSnake and i get to test it out, its the long/short wait then heading out and testing your grande new ship to its limit's or be a BOSS and do lvl 1's in it >:O

In all honesty its your choice personally i would leave EVE and i know a lot more players would as well if EVE gave SP Awards.

Its a great idea only its not what EVE needs, its one of the few things that makes EVE unique and fun, i would sure as hell not want to have a SP addition to skills and stuff.

Just because i see things in a differant viewpoint does not make me paranoid it makes me a bit obsolete in the majorities views.

Aand i do love the thought of Using repair drones as bait O: