These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Nerfing Caldari?

First post
Author
Endeavour Starfleet
#81 - 2012-01-18 07:01:42 UTC
What people don't get is that drakes are very skill intensive to fly right.

You need heavy navigation skills, heavy heavy shield comp skills, medium to heavy training on missiles.

Multiple remaps many skills to buy. Those looking to nerf the drake think they are some magic bullet for newer players when the good ones you see in battle are those people spent month after month training.

Do NOT nerf the drake!
Count D00KU
Inflamed Crusty Unit
#82 - 2012-01-18 07:14:55 UTC
CCP has to stop looking at ships individual but has to start looking at the ships within the race total. When people start training they first stay within their race and at a later stage crosstrain.

So doesn't matter if 1 or 2 ships within the race shine a bit harder and people gear towards that ship. Not really if there is a other ship that can counter it. If there is no counter then nerf it.

Ciao
Shaalira D'arc
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#83 - 2012-01-18 07:17:20 UTC
Count D00KU wrote:

Shouldn't you be leading the Separatists?
ShipToaster
#84 - 2012-01-18 07:25:55 UTC
If CCP nerf the drake, tengu, and ecm boats, I want all the ******* SP I put into these back.

Val MeR
W12 Corp
#85 - 2012-01-18 07:41:23 UTC
Tear Miner wrote:
The OP doesn't care about PvP in his drake. He's just sad he won't be able to bot as efficiently.

Me, Sad? No.

Tengu is a PVE boat... Drake for Caldari is one of the most used PVP ships... and a PVE ship for noobs.

PS: ... and to cushion the nerf effects I crosstrain for other races, but I still like the Drake and I really hope Caldari will get proper balance, where its due... not just "lets nerf what ever they can still fly effectivley in pvp".
Marcus Harikari
#86 - 2012-01-18 07:52:18 UTC
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT NERF DRAKE OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO What?What?What? CRAP
Marcus Harikari
#87 - 2012-01-18 07:53:18 UTC
Why not boost other ships...nerfing things that already exist is WRONG...technology doesn't move backwards!
DarkAegix
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#88 - 2012-01-18 07:53:36 UTC
ShipToaster wrote:
If CCP nerf the drake, tengu, and ecm boats, I want all the ******* SP I put into these back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubw5N8iVDHI
Super Chair
Project Cerberus
Templis CALSF
#89 - 2012-01-18 07:54:10 UTC
If they give the drake a R.o.F bonus and a missile velocity bonus they will need to redefine the cerb and the sac's roles. Because as it stands they would be rendered expensive drakes (just like how the nighthawk is now).
St Mio
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#90 - 2012-01-18 08:02:17 UTC
Val MeR wrote:
Tear Miner wrote:
The OP doesn't care about PvP in his drake. He's just sad he won't be able to bot as efficiently.

Me, Sad? No.

Tengu is a PVE boat... Drake for Caldari is one of the most used PVP ships... and a PVE ship for noobs.

PS: ... and to cushion the nerf effects I crosstrain for other races, but I still like the Drake and I really hope Caldari will get proper balance, where its due... not just "lets nerf what ever they can still fly effectivley in pvp".

Luckily you've never had the frustration of running into 100MN AB Tengu gangs
Hershman
Creepers Corporation
#91 - 2012-01-18 08:07:34 UTC
I know I'm a little late to this party but I'll go ahead and state my views. Perhaps they will shed light on a new perspective.

The shield regeneration algorithm for passive recharge rates is slightly overpowered. Slightly.

However, the same distinction is present in armor defenses with the potential amount of armor hp for some ships.

In a way, these two peaks balance out in the realm of passive defense tanking. Thus this divergence is not game breaking.

If anything the proper solution is to give a minuscule buff to active shield and armor defense tactics.

Though I'll say again, the difference in tactics is negligible and is not game breaking.

I play EVE every day! Follow me at http://www.twitch.tv/matthershman

Val MeR
W12 Corp
#92 - 2012-01-18 08:21:04 UTC
St Mio wrote:
Val MeR wrote:
Tear Miner wrote:

Me, Sad? No.

Luckily you've never had the frustration of running into 100MN AB Tengu gangs

If you say 100MN AB Tengu too many times, CCP or CSM might get the impression something isn't right here... :) and since I like my Tengus, I wouldn't want them to be next on the nerf list... I am still a Caldari and although I can fly other ships, I would prefer that my own race lineup is on par with others and not something just for collecting dust in stations.
Marcus Harikari
#93 - 2012-01-18 08:32:44 UTC
Honestly, if you're going to nerf the drake, nerf the fact that missiles require no cap as opposed to every other type of weapon. It's not very realistic, at least a little bit of cap needs to be used to move the next missile in line to the barrel slot.
Marcus Harikari
#94 - 2012-01-18 08:33:26 UTC
But like all these ships with 7 missile slots and 1 turret slot...or 6 turret slots and 1 missile slot, etc...WHO DESIGNED THEM? WHY??? they are so lolworthy
Cyzlaki
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#95 - 2012-01-18 08:33:34 UTC
Endeavour Starfleet wrote:

You need heavy navigation skills, heavy heavy shield comp skills, medium to heavy training on missiles.

Multiple remaps many skills to buy. Those looking to nerf the drake think they are some magic bullet for newer players when the good ones you see in battle are those people spent month after month training.

Do NOT nerf the drake!

3 week old characters can fly drakes just fine Roll
Val MeR
W12 Corp
#96 - 2012-01-18 08:36:00 UTC
Cyzlaki wrote:
3 week old characters can fly OVERPOWERED 170 DPS drakes just fine Roll

Added for clarity... Big smile
St Mio
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#97 - 2012-01-18 08:39:47 UTC
Marcus Harikari wrote:
Honestly, if you're going to nerf the drake, nerf the fact that missiles require no cap as opposed to every other type of weapon. It's not very realistic, at least a little bit of cap needs to be used to move the next missile in line to the barrel slot.

Like projectiles?
Endeavour Starfleet
#98 - 2012-01-18 08:49:50 UTC
Cyzlaki wrote:
Endeavour Starfleet wrote:

Do NOT nerf the drake!

3 week old characters can fly drakes just fine Roll

Can fly POS drakes just fine. To fly them well takes ALOT of training. They do NOT need to be touched as they are VERY balanced for several roles depending on skills skills skills.
Endeavour Starfleet
#99 - 2012-01-18 08:51:43 UTC
Hershman wrote:
I know I'm a little late to this party but I'll go ahead and state my views. Perhaps they will shed light on a new perspective.

The shield regeneration algorithm for passive recharge rates is slightly overpowered. Slightly.

However, the same distinction is present in armor defenses with the potential amount of armor hp for some ships.

In a way, these two peaks balance out in the realm of passive defense tanking. Thus this divergence is not game breaking.

If anything the proper solution is to give a minuscule buff to active shield and armor defense tactics.

Though I'll say again, the difference in tactics is negligible and is not game breaking.

Not overpowered at all. It takes serious training to get good regen levels like it takes serious training to do other things in the game. They do NOT need to be changed.
Val MeR
W12 Corp
#100 - 2012-01-18 09:05:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Val MeR
... and seriously who ever came up with the idea that Drakes are super fast to train for and fly? Compared to what?

I am too lazy to consider all respects of how long it takes to a) train for a racial BC, b) properly (well... by evemon standards) fly it with some recommended skills... so I will take an easy route and just make a plan in evemon for a noob Caldari (50 000 SP) char:

Drake
a) 4d, 20m, 55s
b) 100d, 15h, 57m, 26s

Hurricane
a) 4d, 1h, 55m, 2s
b) 82d, 6h, 24m

Harbinger
a) 4d, 1h, 55m, 2s
b) 80d, 20h, 22m, 10s

Harbinger
a) 4d, 1h, 55m, 2s
b) 71d, 12h, 21m, 40s