These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Incursions: CCP is too slow - now we will act

First post
Author
Krissada
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#41 - 2012-01-10 16:53:16 UTC
knobber Jobbler wrote:
So to stop those nasty carebears doing incursions, you're going to do them instead?

Doesn't that make you carebears doing incursions as well?

Says the carebear from the "united highsec front" ... Roll

The short answer is no.

The longer answer is also no.
Londor Rogers
Public Menace
#42 - 2012-01-10 17:06:41 UTC
Great idea Im in I hope we can make this work.
Lakshata Chawla
State War Academy
Caldari State
#43 - 2012-01-10 17:10:42 UTC
Last time this happened there was rage and deaththreats on the guy that did it so have fun. I will be out of an isk faucet till you get bored, but most of BTL sucks anyways.
Asurymen
Kryptonian Atomic Reclamation Agency
#44 - 2012-01-10 18:22:29 UTC
Guardian pilot signing in, I'm all for making people rage.
Sizeof Void
Ninja Suicide Squadron
#45 - 2012-01-10 19:30:59 UTC
Wouldn't you generate more tears by ganking the Orca's which the full-time Incursion runners use to haul their PVE ships from one site to another?

Also, I'm curious as to why you previously used blackbirds and ECM to jam logi ships, rather than a couple of Mitten's patented gank-fit Brutix's (or perhaps even a small gang of dessies) to pop them instead? Forcing a logi off the field isn't nearly as effective as blowing them up, esp. over the long term. The Incursion fleet would need to replace them before continuing farming - which is a bit more expensive and problematic than replacing BS shooters.
Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#46 - 2012-01-10 19:43:56 UTC
I approve of this product/service/endeavour.

Emergent game-play in action--dig it, baby!

Ni.

Poloturion
Genco Pura Olive Oil Company.
#47 - 2012-01-10 19:46:14 UTC
Sizeof Void wrote:
Wouldn't you generate more tears by ganking the Orca's which the full-time Incursion runners use to haul their PVE ships from one site to another?

Well that would require waiting for the bears to end the incursion. If only we had a way to know when the bears would be hauling their shinies ... Idea

Sizeof Void wrote:
Also, I'm curious as to why you previously used blackbirds and ECM to jam logi ships, rather than a couple of Mitten's patented gank-fit Brutix's (or perhaps even a small gang of dessies) to pop them instead?

It takes less resources to jam a logi than gank it, and you can do it with concord on grid. You also take less sec status hit since all you are doing is aggressing them.

Also, please fix POS.

Andy Sharvas
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#48 - 2012-01-10 19:53:24 UTC
Sizeof Void wrote:

Not necessarily. Besides, there are people who already do that, and you don't get to see what's in the SMA or CHA or a dead orca.

Quote:

Also, I'm curious as to why you previously used blackbirds and ECM to jam logi ships, rather than a couple of Mitten's patented gank-fit Brutix's (or perhaps even a small gang of dessies) to pop them instead? Forcing a logi off the field isn't nearly as effective as blowing them up, esp. over the long term. The Incursion fleet would need to replace them before continuing farming - which is a bit more expensive and problematic than replacing BS shooters.

Expense, reliability,, and fun. Logis in a site are very tough targets to take down. They move fast, have high resists and decent buffer. Its possible to suicide gank them, but it tends to be more work than its worth, and costs a lot more than a group of blackbirds.

Also, when we started, nobody really realized why there were suddenly 12 blackbirds in their OTA. A group of alpha tempests warping in would have been a fairly obvious suicide gank fleet.
Sizeof Void
Ninja Suicide Squadron
#49 - 2012-01-10 20:04:25 UTC
Poloturion wrote:
Sizeof Void wrote:

Well that would require waiting for the bears to end the incursion. If only we had a way to know when the bears would be hauling their shinies ... Idea

Good point. FYI, I had just read Jester's blog - "The caravan of the heavens" - which is what put the idea in my head.

Poloturion wrote:

Sizeof Void wrote:
Also, I'm curious as to why you previously used blackbirds and ECM to jam logi ships, rather than a couple of Mitten's patented gank-fit Brutix's (or perhaps even a small gang of dessies) to pop them instead?

It takes less resources to jam a logi than gank it, and you can do it with concord on grid. You also take less sec status hit since all you are doing is aggressing them.

Another good point. I sometimes forget about the sec status hit - it doesn't mean much when you are already below -5.

BTW - regarding Concord, you can always pull them off grid prior to your attack. The Goon pilots did this very effectively during their Gallente ice interdiction, simply by undocking in a noob frig, doing something bad to attract Concord away from the ice field, and then launching their suicide attack on the mining ship.
Freundliches Feuer
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#50 - 2012-01-10 20:10:25 UTC
Best thread/idea ever! Im in, joining channel as we speak.
Tore Vest
#51 - 2012-01-10 20:13:45 UTC
Lol

No troll.

Sizeof Void
Ninja Suicide Squadron
#52 - 2012-01-10 20:14:34 UTC
Andy Sharvas wrote:
Also, when we started, nobody really realized why there were suddenly 12 blackbirds in their OTA. A group of alpha tempests warping in would have been a fairly obvious suicide gank fleet.

lol... true enough!

Perhaps you should try the same thing with a bunch of Badger II's? :)
Bernie Nator
Seal Club Six
Plug N Play
#53 - 2012-01-10 20:15:04 UTC
I say you just jam them all. With raspberry. :3
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#54 - 2012-01-10 20:34:05 UTC
If I'm ever actually around when this is happening, I'll be there.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Krissada
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#55 - 2012-01-10 20:40:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Krissada
snipe!

EDIT: Failed miserably.

Regardless we have just had the first few tear donations in our channel. It was beautiful. They compared us to goons and said we would fail miserably just like they did when they attempted the first thing.
One of them literally said that we would die in a fire like they did. I think these arrogant incurbears have misunderstood something.
We are the ones that kill it with fire - not the other way around Twisted

"Me 1st" wrote:
if u think ur gona waltz in and pop moms wiht a bunch of randoms i cant wait to watch u burn.

"Fellios Method " wrote:
so the creation of this channel is a resulting of a bunch of butthurt monkeys that can't figure out how to make their own isk
Fellios Method > goons tried this **** that you monkeys are trying to pull once and they died horribly in a fire

PS: To any moderator this is not posting chat logs. I am simply quoting the crybabies.
TalonKarrde84
Ysalamiri Ltd
#56 - 2012-01-10 20:51:35 UTC
This tired old song?

Didn't you guys learn when Goons lost all those tech moons trying to pop our moms?

I'm gonna level with you guys. As spacerich as incursions have made us, blitzing sites for hours on end does get a little dull (we organize pvp roams just to break up the monotony of all that isk pouring into our wallets). Pirate

I thank you in advance for the entertainment, and look forward to seeing your comical wipes on Kundalini Manifest sites. Lol

That is, assuming that the 80% of people in this thread with incursion alts are actually willing to lose the income. Roll

Posting on my main, btw. Smile
Callous Jade
Dockturnal Bromance
#57 - 2012-01-10 20:56:31 UTC
TalonKarrde84 wrote:
This tired old song?

Didn't you guys learn when Goons lost all those tech moons trying to pop our moms?

I'm gonna level with you guys. As spacerich as incursions have made us, blitzing sites for hours on end does get a little dull (we organize pvp roams just to break up the monotony of all that isk pouring into our wallets). Pirate

I thank you in advance for the entertainment, and look forward to seeing your comical wipes on Kundalini Manifest sites. Lol

That is, assuming that the 80% of people in this thread with incursion alts are actually willing to lose the income. Roll

Look out guys, he does peeveepee roams and has a whopping 2 kills to show for it...
Freundliches Feuer
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2012-01-10 21:00:51 UTC
ohnoes...
TalonKarrde84
Ysalamiri Ltd
#59 - 2012-01-10 21:08:01 UTC
Callous Jade wrote:
TalonKarrde84 wrote:
This tired old song?

Look out guys, he does peeveepee roams and has a whopping 2 kills to show for it...

Implying Falcons with no weapons fitted end up on tons of killmails Roll
Alua Oresson
League of the Shieldy
SLYCE Pirates
#60 - 2012-01-10 21:16:02 UTC
TalonKarrde84 wrote:

Implying Falcons with no weapons fitted end up on tons of killmails Roll

If you are doing it right and using ECM modules on the Falcon, yes, you will end up on the killmails. Hell, I've whored onto killmails with ECM drones on a TCU kill.

http://pvpwannabe.blogspot.com/