These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Team Pink Zombie Kittens Presents.....

First post
Author
Deen Wispa
Sheriff.
Caldari Tactical Operations Command
#101 - 2012-01-06 18:50:20 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Deviana Sevidon wrote:
CCP, you really hate Gallente do you?

Half of the people playing EVE start Caldari and the number of flying for Caldari is actually higher then other faction. Finding alliances with corps where the majority of players has positive standing to the Gallente side will be much more difficult.

Your allance to FW idea will only make bad things worse.
FYI, Gallente FW is stronger than Caldari FW for now.

FTFY :)

High Five. Yeah! C'est La Eve .

Pierced Brosmen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#102 - 2012-01-06 19:08:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Pierced Brosmen
The new NeoCom looks very nice, but I find the lack of ability to pin elements to NeoCom a bit annoying.
If I open the contracts or fleet window, I get the relevant items present in the NeoCom, I can move them around among the other items wich is nice, but kinda loses it's value when the item dissappears the moment you close the window. And no, I don't want to put those in a stack, as I want them to be accessible with one click.

Also, I see pros and cons regarding the the windows minimizing to the windows to the NeoCom. I definately like that it makes it look a lot cleaner, but as a person who have a large ammount of chat channels open, I don't really like that you have to open the chat list to see wich channels that are "blinking"... As a big fan of the concept of giving the players options, I would like to see an option to minimize certain windows to a tab at the bottom of the screen by using a modifier key. Like hitting the minimize icon would minimize to the NeoCom, but if you hold shift while clicking, it would minimize to a tab at the bottom of the screen...

Overall, I look forward to seeing the NeoCom updated. the skill training progression bar is great and it all looks a lot better then the previous SISI test about a year ago. Keep up the good work Smile

Just my 2 bytes
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#103 - 2012-01-06 20:31:14 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:

I'm right there with you on lets make FW all about smaller scale, intense PvP. That's been the scene's biggest draw all along - not the consequences of ownership. But the two go hand in hand - no carrots = no fights. ..

The ultimate goal for faction warriors is to win the war. If the mechanic is functioning properly that should be the ultimate carrot. Being able to say we won fw.

Getting isk/lp would be secondary goals used for the purpose of achieving that ultimate goal.

The problem is the community sees how that ultimate goal is achieved and decided it is not worthy of respect. CCP needs to change how the ultimate goal is achieved so that people will value achieving it.

Examples:
Winning the alliance tournament = worthy goal. Alliances will spend isk to try to win it (even if it didn't pay to win)

Winning at ship spinning? not a worthy goal. No one is proud that they did this. Nor should they be.

Winning at faction war? Its closer to winning at ship spinning, than it is to winning an alliance tournament.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
#104 - 2012-01-06 21:20:39 UTC
CCP Soundwave wrote:

Being a really close window (from December to January) we kind of had to pick our battles. The idea was to do whatever we could fit in, as a runway for more comprehensive changes. Our January package will be alliances into faction warfare, and defect fixes such as the silly standings bug.

Can we confirm which "Standings bug" you are referring to here?

I have a petition about Concord Security Standings not raising properly for killing NPCs together with other players, and I'm not sure if this refers to that or a standings issue in Faction Warfare.

Thanks.

Where I am.

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#105 - 2012-01-06 21:23:23 UTC
Bloodpetal wrote:
CCP Soundwave wrote:

Being a really close window (from December to January) we kind of had to pick our battles. The idea was to do whatever we could fit in, as a runway for more comprehensive changes. Our January package will be alliances into faction warfare, and defect fixes such as the silly standings bug.

Can we confirm which "Standings bug" you are referring to here?

I have a petition about Concord Security Standings not raising properly for killing NPCs together with other players, and I'm not sure if this refers to that or a standings issue in Faction Warfare.

Thanks.

The standings bug that is know to be in testing is the RR standing loss bug in FW any other standings bug has not been addressed.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Jack Dant
The Gentlemen of Low Moral Fibre
#106 - 2012-01-06 23:09:29 UTC
Kaver Linkovir wrote:
What makes you think large alliances (wether or not they hold sov is a mute point since that line is arbitrary) wouldn't shift back and forth between the different fronts just because they can? It's the way to manage standings while in FW if you are just in it for a short time.

That one is easy. Most large alliances have trouble getting members to fly the right fits, or even the right ships. Asking them to get the standings is never going to work.

What happens in lowsec, stays in lowsec, lowering the barrier to entry to lowsec PVP: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=476644&#post476644

Disdaine
#107 - 2012-01-07 00:18:45 UTC
Palovana wrote:

With the old Neocom panel, brackets and labels would not get hidden under it - they would treat the edge of the Neocom bar as the "hard edge" of the screen. This behavior has been lost and unless Autohide is activated it can be hard to see some brackets. (This is probably the biggest issue).

Gotta be kidding me.

There's a reason I indent all my windows.
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#108 - 2012-01-07 03:48:47 UTC
CCP Konflikt wrote:
* The New Neocom

<3
Har Harrison
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#109 - 2012-01-07 10:52:01 UTC
Some thoughts on this

They should make the stations fire on the enemy now regardless to fix the station games. Weather a FW station always fires on enemy, or only if you hold sec status, or only if it is your station and you hold sec status should be discussed.
Example would be Arzad. Minnies living there, Amarr own the system, so 24th station should engage them.

FW finally able to enter the Alliance Torny??? +1 for this. It was great to see both RvB alliances in the last torny...
Especially if Amarr fights Minnies and Caldari fights the Gallente (yes - this is draw based, but still..).

I also wonder if there should be something done with the warp in to plexes mechanic - hard for someone to get into a plex to fight when defenders are already in there and setup on the warp in location. The fleet that is entering is often slaughtered as the dps is at the front and ECM (and possibly RR) has had a chance to setup sufficently far back from the warp in point to be effective, but not immediately shot.

COMM4NDER
Legendary Umbrellas
#110 - 2012-01-07 11:09:54 UTC  |  Edited by: COMM4NDER
Love the new Neocom however some issues persist atm .

Neocom
1, it does not hide enough, it has few pixels on screen when hidden and well its annoying if you ask me and should be hidden until you ask for it. (shown here = http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2137335/EVE-Beta/neocom.png)
2, better indicator of whats a launcher and whats is minimized. right now its hard to spot what is minimized apart from the other icons.
3, undock button missing.
4, not all windows aligning to neocom will move when it enters the screen (from hidden mode)

General
Overload feedback is buggy, sometimes it will blink sometimes it wont and is heretic sometimes.
Overload pulse is to fast if you ask me and to small, a slower yet more visible pulse (glow) would make it look better if you ask me.

[url=https://github.com/CommanderAlchemy/.bin/blob/master/eve] EVE - Online Launcher [Linux] [/url] Installs, launches character prefixes (both SISI & Tranquility). Simplescreenrecorder shm inject

Zagdul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#111 - 2012-01-07 11:44:02 UTC
CCP Soundwave wrote:

...and defect fixes such as the silly standings bug.

Can you elaborate on this?

Are you referring to the bug when you jump into a system and half your fleet shows neutral?

This gets old quick.

Dual Pane idea: Click!

CCP Please Implement

CCP Masterplan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#112 - 2012-01-07 12:19:39 UTC
Zagdul wrote:
CCP Soundwave wrote:

Are you referring to the bug when you jump into a system and half your fleet shows neutral?

This gets old quick.

Soundwave is referring to this - assisting an outlaw/criminal in your own faction gives you a faction standings hit.

"This one time, on patch day..."

@ccp_masterplan  |  Team Five-0: Rewriting the law

Takeshi Yamato
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#113 - 2012-01-07 13:09:09 UTC
The neocom needs to be considered the edge of screen as far as brackets are concerned.
Destructor1792
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#114 - 2012-01-07 13:48:02 UTC
The Neocom whilst looking alot more fluid & overall better than the current one, I have a few issues:

• Undock Icon Missing

• Fleet Icon Missing

• Mail Icon Missing

• Sometimes all the icons fail to load so I'm sat staring at a blank Neocom! Other times, Icons seem to appear at random then vanish again. Hovering the mouse over where they should be & it shows they have failed to load.

• Minimising items throws them straight back to the Neocom so after a while you have no idea what's open/closed. Allow us to keep open items minimised to the bottom of the screen if we so choose to.

apart from that, looking good LolBlink

Not fired a shot in anger since 2011.... Trigger finger is starting to get somewhat itchy.......

Zagdul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#115 - 2012-01-07 15:46:10 UTC
CCP Masterplan wrote:
Zagdul wrote:
CCP Soundwave wrote:

This gets old quick.

Soundwave is referring to this - assisting an outlaw/criminal in your own faction gives you a faction standings hit.

Are you guys aware of the bug I'm referring to?

Dual Pane idea: Click!

CCP Please Implement

Camios
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#116 - 2012-01-07 18:51:01 UTC
The word the describes the present implementation of the Neocom is "mystery"
As it is configured on my system, it hides a lot of things in his menu, things that should be accessible with a single click... I figured now how to set it so that I like it (it's very powerful) but I don't like these things:

Minimized chat windows should work as usual and not disappear into the neocom.

Some really important chat channels like the fleet channel must be accessible with a click; if I am forced to minimise it I should be able to recover it with a single click. Now if you minimise a chat windoww it goes to hide in the chat icon in the neocom, and you have to do at least 2 clicks to recover it; moreover you don't see chat channels blinking and that's bad.

For some reason, icons disappear from the neocom when some actions are performed (as adding something to a group), and I was able to restore it if I did some other random stuff (like creating another group. Perhaps because the neocom status was refreshed?). In a word, a bit buggy, hope it's fixed, if I can I will submit a bugreport but it seems rather tricky to reproduce even if it happens often.
pmchem
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#117 - 2012-01-07 20:53:42 UTC
the new neocom is a buggy mess and if you lose all my window settings again I'm not gonna forgive you katrin

https://twitter.com/pmchem/ || http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/community-spotlight-garpa/ || Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#118 - 2012-01-07 21:15:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Hungry Eyes
nevermind
Harleigh
Genbuku.
Psycho Unicorn Squad
#119 - 2012-01-08 00:49:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Harleigh
Can you please include an option for all configurable panels like the new Neocom (awsesome btw) and the quickbar in the market window where we can export / import settings ? This will make life for those of us with multiple toons / computers to migrate settings or sync them between toons. As it is I have to go and copy files / change char id's on the files ever time I make a change.

All we need is exactly what is being done on the overview today for import / export!

Oh and on sissy, my undock icon is missing but the area still works if you hover over it and you get a description popup.
MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#120 - 2012-01-08 04:07:49 UTC
Awesome. you guys brought back the neo neocom, with the same set of features, but vertical! And suddenly everyone likes it! just like i said! Suck it tippia!

anyways I actually would love to be able to put it on the top or bottom of my screen. I'm just used it to it in lots of other mmos. If it's not hard please consider it : )

Anyways I just wanted to say, I basically quit over a combination of the neo neocom being scraped, the old nebula, and FW being basically ignored like it wasn't something cp wanted to say was real.

This post, plus the last expansion, has basically really pushed me to start buying year long subs and getting back into the game again!

keep up the great work.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg