These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Plex price 3M?

Author
Sephiroth Angell
Sephiroths meat grinding Company a. s.
Cannibal Crabs
#1 - 2017-06-19 23:41:44 UTC
Can somebody please explain to me solid econimical reason why the PLEX is growing so much in price?? That becomed really Broken.

Rain6637
NulzSec
#2 - 2017-06-20 00:03:01 UTC
Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#3 - 2017-06-20 00:03:37 UTC
Prices in general tend to rise long-term?

In the Domain region the average PLEX price 6 days ago was 2.71 million. Today it is 2.8 million. May 23 it was 2.73 million. Really I'm not seeing much of a problem.

I should check the Serenity server, see how things are there just to be curious...


Gastuse r
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2017-06-20 00:04:45 UTC
ghost Training is now a exploid and all the farms must now to be paid for (with the trillion of isk they made :))

yes yes ccp will handle this :D :D :D

ScanAlt
Doomheim
#5 - 2017-06-20 00:07:01 UTC
My best guess is that there were a lot of folks in the same boat as me. In my case, when the PLEX conversion happened, it also converted all the Aurum I had into the new PLEX. I had never bought any Aurum, but over the years I'd managed to accumulate ~850 new PLEX worth. As I plex my account, this meant I didn't have to buy a plex last month, and I'll only need to buy a third of one this month. Less demand (me and others like me) means lower prices, but those plex earned during the conversion likely dried up already or will shortly and so demand will be back at normal levels soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more market factors tying into it, but I don't keep up with that sort of thing.
Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2017-06-20 00:07:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Teckos Pech
Gee, it might not have anything to do with 60+ trillion ISK entering the economy...an absolutely huge amount of ISK.

Nope, nothing to do with it at all.

More people need to go whine about the nerf to fighters so CCP can let this much ISK continue to flood into the game economy.

Roll

Edit: To be clear, I consider PLEX like a luxury good. A luxury good has a high income elasticity, that is as income goes up people tend to buy more of the good, so much more the that a larger portion of their income will go to that good. So, people who are now ISK rich thanks to carrier and super ratting may very well be putting that ISK into PLEX. Either to PLEX their accounts, for use in other services, or just as a long term store of value. After all, the long term trend for the price of PLEX is upwards.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#7 - 2017-06-20 00:13:30 UTC
Why would you buy plex in game anyway? Subbing is significantly cheaper. You can earn enough to sub for a month in 30 minutes IRL. It's hard to say that about the ISK it takes to get a plex.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#8 - 2017-06-20 00:29:19 UTC
Sephiroth Angell wrote:
Can somebody please explain to me solid econimical reason why the PLEX is growing so much in price??
I can't tell you. But if you figure it out, I believe there will be a job waiting for you at CCP.

Mr Epeen Cool
Rain6637
NulzSec
#9 - 2017-06-20 00:38:22 UTC
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#10 - 2017-06-20 00:59:05 UTC
It's actually because the plex market is driven (& has been for years now) by investors & speculators. Not by consumers. Which means that most of the people involved in the plex market want the price to keep going up in order to get a reward on their investment.
It's basically a share market in that regards, growing like a bubble, and if it ever bursts a lot of peoples investments crash hard. And some of those people are rich enough to influence the markets of EVE and make sure it never does.
Pleasure Hub Node-514
Pleasure Hub Hotline
#11 - 2017-06-20 01:28:38 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
It's because supers weren't nerfed hard enough

"The beatings must continue until moral improves." -collected saying of Mistress Nerf (from page 69 of Longing for Your Buff)

'One night hauler' The tell all story of a pleasure bot in Jita 4-4

Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#12 - 2017-06-20 01:31:28 UTC
ISK inflation, potentially less people buying PLEX with RL cash and too many with ISK; so I guess a natural supply:demand.

@lunettelulu7

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#13 - 2017-06-20 01:42:54 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
It's actually because the plex market is driven (& has been for years now) by investors & speculators. Not by consumers. Which means that most of the people involved in the plex market want the price to keep going up in order to get a reward on their investment.
It's basically a share market in that regards, growing like a bubble, and if it ever bursts a lot of peoples investments crash hard. And some of those people are rich enough to influence the markets of EVE and make sure it never does.


Right, and the surge in ISK created out of thin air by the null sec cartels in supercarriers has had no impact.
We can't share links on this forum, but some null sec guy on Crossing Zebras today flatly states he was making 260M / tick, or 780M/ hour, in a Hel.

This unprecedented surge of ISK into the economy had no impact, right?
Algarion Getz
Aideron Corp
#14 - 2017-06-20 01:48:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Algarion Getz
Sephiroth Angell wrote:
Can somebody please explain to me solid econimical reason why the PLEX is growing so much in price?? That becomed really Broken.

There is huge demand for PLEX:

  • SP farms (the legal version)
  • investments (players hoard PLEX as gold item)
  • game time
  • vanity items like SKINs and apparel

Supply is limited.

Since the ISK faucets are wide open (i.e. ~60 trillion extra ISK in May), prices can only go up and they will continue to go up because there are no major ISK sinks on the horizon. There are also no big wars. For more than half a year, the big alliances are carebearing and hoarding and buy PLEX with the extra ISK as investment.
Algarion Getz
Aideron Corp
#15 - 2017-06-20 01:58:09 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
It's actually because the plex market is driven (& has been for years now) by investors & speculators. Not by consumers. Which means that most of the people involved in the plex market want the price to keep going up in order to get a reward on their investment.
It's basically a share market in that regards, growing like a bubble, and if it ever bursts a lot of peoples investments crash hard. And some of those people are rich enough to influence the markets of EVE and make sure it never does.


Right, and the surge in ISK created out of thin air by the null sec cartels in supercarriers has had no impact.
We can't share links on this forum, but some null sec guy on Crossing Zebras today flatly states he was making 260M / tick, or 780M/ hour, in a Hel.

This unprecedented surge of ISK into the economy had no impact, right?

Of course we can share links, for example the "surge in ISK created out of thin air" in graph:
http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/MER/May_2017/9a_sinksfaucets.png
+60 trillion ISK in May.
Algarion Getz
Aideron Corp
#16 - 2017-06-20 02:07:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Algarion Getz
Vortexo VonBrenner wrote:
Prices in general tend to rise long-term?

In the Domain region the average PLEX price 6 days ago was 2.71 million. Today it is 2.8 million. May 23 it was 2.73 million. Really I'm not seeing much of a problem.

I should check the Serenity server, see how things are there just to be curious...

Well, it depends on your point of view and the timeframe you are looking at. If you are someone who needs to buy PLEX for Omega time, then you will see that the price for 30 days of game time has increased by 50% in just 1 year. (from ~1bill to ~1.5bill). That is a very fast increase.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#17 - 2017-06-20 02:14:47 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Right, and the surge in ISK created out of thin air by the null sec cartels in supercarriers has had no impact.
We can't share links on this forum, but some null sec guy on Crossing Zebras today flatly states he was making 260M / tick, or 780M/ hour, in a Hel.

This unprecedented surge of ISK into the economy had no impact, right?

Of course it has had an impact, but the Plex market has not suddenly bubbled in the last 2 months because of Isk. It's been growing like this for far far longer, so you can't point at the supercarrier ratting as the cause of the plex price movement. It's simply made the problem a bit worse.
Voddick
AFK
#18 - 2017-06-20 02:48:42 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
back in my day plex was 350 million ISK



I was running incursions during this time at 100 mil/hr. I regret not storing my ISK in PLEX every single day.
Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#19 - 2017-06-20 03:03:58 UTC
90 day GTCs for 450mil. Thats 150mil per 30 days and at 1.5bil it means a 10 fold increase in about as many years Id say. So ironically not to bad that it doubles every year.

Funny part was it was 2.784mil or so yesterday. So this is a fast increase.Twisted

Neyvn has it right. Its a speculator and investors market that they want to keep going up and CCP has a vested interest in it doing so as well from a business standpoint.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2017-06-20 04:47:37 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Right, and the surge in ISK created out of thin air by the null sec cartels in supercarriers has had no impact.
We can't share links on this forum, but some null sec guy on Crossing Zebras today flatly states he was making 260M / tick, or 780M/ hour, in a Hel.

This unprecedented surge of ISK into the economy had no impact, right?

Of course it has had an impact, but the Plex market has not suddenly bubbled in the last 2 months because of Isk. It's been growing like this for far far longer, so you can't point at the supercarrier ratting as the cause of the plex price movement. It's simply made the problem a bit worse.


The thing is only until recently has the growth rate of the ISK supply gone...well nearly vertical. Up until May it was growing at a much more sedate pace. In May the amount of ISK entering the economy was about the same as the ISK that entered the economy in the last six fecking months of 2016.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

123Next pageLast page