These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Blood Raider Shipyards from Team Phenomenon (YC 119.4)

First post
Author
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#41 - 2017-04-19 20:18:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Indahmawar Fazmarai
Maybe you could ask your higher-ups what use does a solo player have for this kind of PvE content, or why should such narrowly niched content be prioritized over developing content which was of use for the bulk of PvE players.

I am puzzled beyond words to see an imitation of massive scale PvP being sold as PvE. PvE for who?

You're just doing you job, but, who else could I ask...?
Circumstantial Evidence
#42 - 2017-04-19 20:48:35 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Maybe you could ask your higher-ups what use does a solo player have for this kind of PvE content, or why should such narrowly niched content be prioritized over developing content which was of use for the bulk of PvE players. ...
CCP can build stuff for groups and individuals at the same time - Pin your hopes on winter :)
fanfest-2017-day-1-in-review wrote:
Winter expansion for EVE Online
We are going all-in with the EVE Online winter expansion. Using all new capabilities (dynamic PvE etc.), we will create amazing new content in the universe. The heart of this expansion will be all about new content: New challenges, new rewards, new aspects of EVE to learn and explore in Empire space. (link)

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#43 - 2017-04-19 21:17:58 UTC
Circumstantial Evidence wrote:
Maybe you could ask your higher-ups what use does a solo player have for this kind of PvE content, or why should such narrowly niched content be prioritized over developing content which was of use for the bulk of PvE players. ...
CCP can build stuff for groups and individuals at the same time - Pin your hopes on winter :)
fanfest-2017-day-1-in-review wrote:
Winter expansion for EVE Online
We are going all-in with the EVE Online winter expansion. Using all new capabilities (dynamic PvE etc.), we will create amazing new content in the universe. The heart of this expansion will be all about new content: New challenges, new rewards, new aspects of EVE to learn and explore in Empire space. (link)

Well, if CCP has come to realize what floats the boat of PvErs and has decided to give them what they pay for instead of the kind of stuff CCP has been doing for PvE since 2010, that will be a welcome change.

But to be frank, I've been waiting for literally years to share my feedback with CCP about PvE, and still it's time they even ASK why we PvE.

With PvE like these blood raider sites, I jsut feel that they (whoever makes these decsions) don't want us to PvE at all. Maybe they want somebody else to PvE, but, not us. vºv
Petrified
Old and Petrified Syndication
TOG - The Older Gamers Alliance
#44 - 2017-04-19 22:01:05 UTC
Cephei Kells wrote:
So you're saying it has a reasonable reinforcement mechanic?

Only reasonable for NPCs who can play 24/7 Blink

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.

Pryce Caesar
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2017-04-19 23:05:55 UTC
Maybe you could ask your higher-ups what use does a solo player have for this kind of PvE content, or why should such narrowly niched content be prioritized over developing content which was of use for the bulk of PvE players.

I am puzzled beyond words to see an imitation of massive scale PvP being sold as PvE. PvE for who?

From my experience, the current PvE is generally used for those who want to make money, either by farming bounties, completing DED sites, or looting Drifters in Wormhole Space for "elite PvE". In the past before these Shipyards, the highest level of PvE was the Sansha Incursions, where actual fleets are needed to fight the PvE incursions.

Since the core of your question is about "solo PvE", my guess is you don't have a Corp/Alliance you roll with.

These Shipyards (of which Blood Raiders are the first) are intended to become the new "top tier" for PvE content, and they are not intended to be easy. Not with the potential rewards that lie in their destroyed husks (Pirate Faction Capital BPC that go up to Titans). In other words, it is a heavily up-scaled version of the Mothership/HQ site in Sansha Incursions. Instead of just a Supercarrier with limited support for a fleet to take down, it is now a Sotiyo that will call in hundreds of NPCs depending on what the player fleet brings to bear (even other Captials and Supercapitals, I imagine).

Whereas before you could get together about sixty guys for Incursions (PvE for one or more Corps or an assortment of unaffiliated individuals in High-Sec), this is going to be Alliance-level PvE involving hundreds of players, with massive risk and massive reward.

This is EVE Online. They are not going to make PvE content easier to satisfy solo PvE players. Only thing to ask for in this day and age for the solo player would be Anomalies or DED that caters to Capital-class ships. Again, a system that wouldn't be easier for players.
mkint
#46 - 2017-04-20 02:22:41 UTC
In other words, more nullbear toys. *shrug* What a waste.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#47 - 2017-04-20 06:44:13 UTC
Pryce Caesar wrote:

From my experience, the current PvE is generally used for those who want to make money, either by farming bounties, completing DED sites, or looting Drifters in Wormhole Space for "elite PvE". In the past before these Shipyards, the highest level of PvE was the Sansha Incursions, where actual fleets are needed to fight the PvE incursions.

Since the core of your question is about "solo PvE", my guess is you don't have a Corp/Alliance you roll with.

These Shipyards (of which Blood Raiders are the first) are intended to become the new "top tier" for PvE content, and they are not intended to be easy. Not with the potential rewards that lie in their destroyed husks (Pirate Faction Capital BPC that go up to Titans). In other words, it is a heavily up-scaled version of the Mothership/HQ site in Sansha Incursions. Instead of just a Supercarrier with limited support for a fleet to take down, it is now a Sotiyo that will call in hundreds of NPCs depending on what the player fleet brings to bear (even other Captials and Supercapitals, I imagine).

Whereas before you could get together about sixty guys for Incursions (PvE for one or more Corps or an assortment of unaffiliated individuals in High-Sec), this is going to be Alliance-level PvE involving hundreds of players, with massive risk and massive reward.

This is EVE Online. They are not going to make PvE content easier to satisfy solo PvE players. Only thing to ask for in this day and age for the solo player would be Anomalies or DED that caters to Capital-class ships. Again, a system that wouldn't be easier for players.

So according to you, the players who pay CCP for PvE don't deserve getting content that entices them to keep paying CCP for PvE. If they want a reason to keep paying CCP, they must work hard for it, right?

Sarcasm aside, the whole thing I've asked Team Phenomenon is why they develop PvE content that it's not accessible to PvE players. Someone must be making this decission for some reason. Who, why or what sense does it, are a mistery.
Anthar Thebess
#48 - 2017-04-20 09:42:07 UTC

Sarcasm aside, the whole thing I've asked Team Phenomenon is why they develop PvE content that it's not accessible to PvE players. Someone must be making this decission for some reason. Who, why or what sense does it, are a mistery.

You are looking in a wrong way on this.
It is not new PVE, it is a way to obtain a faction capital BPC (up to a titan) partially by PVE activity.

This is not meant to be new PVE incursion, but a place where PVP related stuff on big scale meant to happen and as a reward you can get access to very interesting PVP capital ships.

PVE element is there to put significant assets on grid to start this.
Alderson Point
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2017-04-20 14:41:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Alderson Point
Pryce Caesar wrote:

Lets just clear up a couple of totally false assumptions inherent in your post.

1. That the current PVE is mainly done to make money. Now If you have a PVP alt you need to finance, I can quite believe it, that makes you a PVP player who uses PVE to make money. It doesn't make you a PVE player.

2. The highest level of PVE is incursions? Well it is pretty profitable when run in an obsessive and superefficient manner, But I would argue that PVE one enjoys is the highest form of PVE. Shock horror! Somebody confesses to enjoy PVE!

By the way, queueing for hours to be allowed into an incursion fleet, where one has no real option to have ANY independence of thought or action to fit EXACTLY as commanded, totally dependent on the iron domination of marginally sane FC's, amongst others whose only role is to press F1 on command, and rinse or repeat until your ears bleed from the inane crap that floods comms, then good luck, enjoy the ISK. I would dream of being able to sanely do PVE in HS with friends, who I actually like.

3. The assumption that someone HAS to operate in HS in a corp to share PVE. Actually you are half right, in that one cannot. One cannot do shared PVE in a corp in HS, because as soon as you do, your corp is perma-wardecced, how long the corp lasts is entirely due to how stubborn the CEO is and how long he keeps the corp after the members have all left or unsubbed. HS players are DESPERATE to play together, but it seems to do so they need to move to null.

4. Your belief that CCP do not give a damn about Solo or even Shared PVE in HS. You may be right, CCP promises changes for the winter that will either prove you totally wrong, or finally burn the last thread that holds people in the game, we will see.
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#50 - 2017-04-20 15:31:33 UTC
Rovinia wrote:
CCP Paradox wrote:

Known Issues:

• NPCs will currently pursue players around the system if the players warp away from the shipyard.

Why is that an Issue? I like it! As long as enough of the NPC's stay on the station do defend it ofc.

Because you could lure them away to a POS or citadel and either blap them or just stay safe while another group is killing the shipyard. (Assumes the shipyard won't spawn another group. But you can just rinse and repeat.)

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Coupable Enedrr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#51 - 2017-04-20 18:27:29 UTC

"Every content has to cater to me and me alone if you ever release content that is not 100% designed for me to take on you are not doing your job properly"
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#52 - 2017-04-20 19:22:40 UTC
Coupable Enedrr wrote:

"Every content has to cater to me and me alone if you ever release content that is not 100% designed for me to take on you are not doing your job properly"

You forgot to add this part:

"And I'm going to pretend I speak for others when i talk about pve players paying your salary when in fact I'm mad for myself and am an alpha clone that pays you zip"..
Petrified
Old and Petrified Syndication
TOG - The Older Gamers Alliance
#53 - 2017-04-20 21:24:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Petrified
Rovinia wrote:
CCP Paradox wrote:

Known Issues:

• NPCs will currently pursue players around the system if the players warp away from the shipyard.

Why is that an Issue? I like it! As long as enough of the NPC's stay on the station do defend it ofc.

Depending on how they spawn, it would be a good way to lure the defenders away to a Citadel or POS to kill the NPCs.

But yeah: not seeing a problem with the NPCs pursuing you till they blow your ship to tiny bits... or vice versa, if given the AI to warp away from such traps. Lol

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.

Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
xX SERENITY Xx
#54 - 2017-04-21 12:09:16 UTC
shipyard sites got removed?
Pryce Caesar
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2017-04-21 14:51:46 UTC

So according to you, the players who pay CCP for PvE don't deserve getting content that entices them to keep paying CCP for PvE. If they want a reason to keep paying CCP, they must work hard for it, right?

Sarcasm aside, the whole thing I've asked Team Phenomenon is why they develop PvE content that it's not accessible to PvE players. Someone must be making this decision for some reason. Who, why or what sense does it, are a mistery.

How do you expect CCP to cater to your needs?

Anthar Thebess explained it in a way that I agree with: this is a large scale PvE activity that operates as a way to obtain Faction Capital BPC that can be used for PvP. Depending on how they handle this, these Sotiyo could also be an alternative to getting Capital faction BPC for the Sansha (assuming they buff those guys with a Dread and Titan as well).

It is an extension of what higher levels of PvE have always been about: completing a PvE site for the opportunity to obtain rare and valuable loot, whether it be modules, materials, and so on.

I do not know what your entitlement issue is about, but I never said that people who pay CCP for PvE "don't deserve getting content that entices them to keep paying CCP". The only thing I did say was that they aren't going to make thing EASIER just to satisfy a specific type of player.

The new Sotiyo Pirate Shipyards are about advancing the game-play of EVE Online. With the slow but steady introduction of new Pirate Faction Capital ships to the game, the developers included a new way of attaining the BPC for these Capitals that doesn't come from special events. But they also made sure that it would not be easy for players to get them, with the new AI system that is included with the Sotiyo Shipyard NPCs.

That is the best reason I can think of for this decision being made.

CCP Paradox
#56 - 2017-04-21 16:40:06 UTC
Hi guys, I did remove the Blood Raider shipyard last night from DG-L7S. We are working on finishing the NPC counter fleets to match your forces and restricting them to the battlefield. We're not happy with the spawn rate of the Short Range based fleets, which had some bugs that have already been fixed.

We should be able to turn this back on next week and continue testing. Thanks for all the help so far!

CCP Paradox | EVE QA | Team Phenomenon

Space Magician

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#57 - 2017-04-21 19:45:22 UTC
Pryce Caesar wrote:

Sarcasm aside, the whole thing I've asked Team Phenomenon is why they develop PvE content that it's not accessible to PvE players. Someone must be making this decision for some reason. Who, why or what sense does it, are a mistery.

Anthar Thebess explained it in a way that I agree with: this is a large scale PvE activity that operates as a way to obtain Faction Capital BPC that can be used for PvP. Depending on how they handle this, these Sotiyo could also be an alternative to getting Capital faction BPC for the Sansha (assuming they buff those guys with a Dread and Titan as well).

It is an extension of what higher levels of PvE have always been about: completing a PvE site for the opportunity to obtain rare and valuable loot, whether it be modules, materials, and so on.

I do not know what your entitlement issue is about, but I never said that people who pay CCP for PvE "don't deserve getting content that entices them to keep paying CCP". The only thing I did say was that they aren't going to make thing EASIER just to satisfy a specific type of player.

The new Sotiyo Pirate Shipyards are about advancing the game-play of EVE Online. With the slow but steady introduction of new Pirate Faction Capital ships to the game, the developers included a new way of attaining the BPC for these Capitals that doesn't come from special events. But they also made sure that it would not be easy for players to get them, with the new AI system that is included with the Sotiyo Shipyard NPCs.

There is no entitlement. This highly sophisticated and extremely niche PvE content is being developed in lieu of the meat-and-potatoes PvE CCP stopped adding in 2010. And by any measure accessible to a baseliner like me, that decisison is proving harmful for the game.
ExookiZ
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#58 - 2017-04-21 20:40:26 UTC
Pryce Caesar wrote:

There is no entitlement. This highly sophisticated and extremely niche PvE content is being developed in lieu of the meat-and-potatoes PvE CCP stopped adding in 2010. And by any measure accessible to a baseliner like me, that decisison is proving harmful for the game.

If you are worried that all of this PVE is going to stay niche, dont be. This may be the first place they decided to roll out, but don;t forget that CCP was intentionally vague regarding changes coming later this year.

The LARGEST thing happening this year, is focused on high sec, and id wager that its what we see here right now.This represents a major step for PVE, and im betting youll see new missions, new sites, and a constant overhaul of EVE's PVE based off of this stuff. CCP set themselves a goal of making eve interactive, reactive and immersive, and new PVE that is challenging and fun is the best way to do that. Simply making more cookie cutter missions, using old AIs, and simple patterns wasn't going to achieve that goal, so they didnt bother until they had the right tools.

Event Organizer of EVE North East

mkint
#59 - 2017-04-22 03:01:32 UTC
ExookiZ wrote:
Pryce Caesar wrote:

If you are worried that all of this PVE is going to stay niche, dont be. This may be the first place they decided to roll out, but don;t forget that CCP was intentionally vague regarding changes coming later this year.

The LARGEST thing happening this year, is focused on high sec, and id wager that its what we see here right now.This represents a major step for PVE, and im betting youll see new missions, new sites, and a constant overhaul of EVE's PVE based off of this stuff. CCP set themselves a goal of making eve interactive, reactive and immersive, and new PVE that is challenging and fun is the best way to do that. Simply making more cookie cutter missions, using old AIs, and simple patterns wasn't going to achieve that goal, so they didnt bother until they had the right tools.

There is no value for CCP to provide new and interesting content. Not unless it can be used as part of their "million-man-fights" marketing plan. This whole thing is just to get nullbears to fleet up so CCP can use the resulting videos to advertise the game more. EVE is going to have the first 1,000 man PVE fight, and they are going to milk that for all the publicity they can. And for publicity value, it is worth far more than "we got new missions!" ever will have. Meanwhile the other 299,000 players will have literally zero benefit from this, or any other upcoming PVE. Keep your expectations low. Player retention is not a significant priority at CCP.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Alderson Point
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2017-04-22 12:07:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Alderson Point
mkint wrote:
ExookiZ wrote:
Pryce Caesar wrote:

There is no value for CCP to provide new and interesting content. Not unless it can be used as part of their "million-man-fights" marketing plan. This whole thing is just to get nullbears to fleet up so CCP can use the resulting videos to advertise the game more. EVE is going to have the first 1,000 man PVE fight, and they are going to milk that for all the publicity they can. And for publicity value, it is worth far more than "we got new missions!" ever will have. Meanwhile the other 299,000 players will have literally zero benefit from this, or any other upcoming PVE. Keep your expectations low. Player retention is not a significant priority at CCP.

Whilst I agree CCP have historically let PVE out of null or for nullbear vacations to HS, lapse "somewhat".
i do not share your pessimism for the future, they Know (god I hope they do) that rebuilding PVE in HS, is more than just adding new missions, and until they sort out the biggest problem, there is no point adding anything that involves players joining together as all that would mean is more opportunity for "certain people" to drive people out of the game at an accelerated rate.

Winter is going to require, brave, imaginative decisions, and the tools currently being created, excellent though they are, will not achieve CCP's and our goals on their own.
There is no way they will announce those too much in advance, simply enabling those wardec over-farming groups who suck on the teat of unending free kills, to get their propoganda mill going, Whilst Hoping to continue to pull up every new shoot, before it can grow a single leaf.

CCP will either revitalise HS, or burn the last thread of hope keeping many in the game.

Bad, or overcautious decisions here, will have permanent consequences.

They have the will, and backing of CCP Seagull to be courageous. They have shown they can be elsewhere, now it is time for the majority of the players in EVE to benefit from that courage.