These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Trilambda Feature Feedback - Suns, Hangars and Logos!

First post
Author
Marlene Dakenek
Devid Ventures
#81 - 2017-04-01 19:17:18 UTC
Please do not dumb down advanced audio settings. They are the only reason I can play with sound on at all since there are some very specific sound effects that get on my nerves.
Aldent Arkanon
Vulture Enterprises
Brotherhood of Spacers
#82 - 2017-04-01 20:41:29 UTC
Please consider retaining the option to turn off (or adjust) some of the more annoying sounds like the horrendous UI click in particular. Playing with it on is unbearable and it would be very frustrating to have to turn off an entire group of sounds just to not have to put up with it.
The Dauphin
Dauphin Enterprises Inc.
#83 - 2017-04-01 21:08:53 UTC  |  Edited by: The Dauphin
I don't mind or like my ugly toon face on the side of my citadels, but I do mine losing my Captain quarters. Since we are all moving to citadels soon, we should have offices and quarters in them. AND I would love to have a conference room to sit with my bros and discuss tactics, and a bar to buy someone a beer. Now the question is why in a space fighting game. Well this game is about friendships as much as fighting. And when I rent an office, there should an office attached to it. AND DONT TELL ME you don't have programming resources for it when you have time to redo stuff no one complained about.

Here are some other issues I suffer with ;
Installing Blueprints takes abnormally long with only a few bp to search through.
Bring back in the in game browser, then people can get more creative about tools like Dotlan that used to work.

Apart from this, the new designs look great. Performance is mostly good, even if I fly mostly with linux. I left the game for years after you took out support for linux. I came back and the IGB was gone. No walking in stations and now offices will be slowly moving away.

NOW as fanfest is approaching CCP consider this, since you describe your company as customer centric, let your customers not only play the content but design it. CCP grow the universe by adding features not tweaking things out for short term benefits.

CCP learn to give people more, not less. Don't take out features. Give more in APIs, and even let corporations define their own skins, at reasonable prices. This stuff that CCP has to control everything and put ridiculous prices on stuff is wrong. The prices for skins are higher than ships many times.

BTW, I play with the sound off, because I don't have enough granularity with them. Most sounds get too repetitive after playing for hours anyway.
Milo Caman
Anshar Incorporated
#84 - 2017-04-01 23:59:45 UTC
Please don't cut the audio settings up like this. I have real trouble dealing with 'background' sound and the ability to filter out ambient noise and unwanted UI sound so I can get proper feedback from the game is incredibly useful. If this is implemented I'll probably just end up disabling audio ingame altogether Sad

I get that there is a development issue here, but quietly trying to cut an incredibly useful feature isn't the answer.
mkint
#85 - 2017-04-03 03:33:33 UTC
The phrase "eve has sound?" became a meme for a reason. Are we going back to the days of terrible audio? Even at its best, EVE sound isn't good. It's occasionally "moderately acceptable" at best. And even at its best, imo muted is still better. You really wanna expose the true character of your mad sound skillz?

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Ransu Asanari
Perkone
Caldari State
#86 - 2017-04-03 15:34:29 UTC
So from some SiSi testing, I was able to replicate my personal sound setup, and get most of what I needed from the new advanced audio.

I have everything turned off in Advanced Audio Settings except Jump Activation and Ship Warnings. I also had to turn off master sliders for Music, UI Sound Level, UI Speech Level.

Two things I'm not sure where they've gone, are:

• 3rd Party Warp-in Sound Effects - I want to have these turned on, so I can hear when other ships are hitting grid. This is situational awareness, and not repetitive sounds. Which slider controls this?
  • Ship Skins sound changing - I want to make sure these are off, as it's jarring when someone changes their ship skin next to me. Not sure what slider controls this. Ship Effects?
  • I checked and the audio for ship transformations as they enter/exit warp are not playing. I always thought it odd that they weren't bucketed under Ship Effects. They must have been fixed. Good, I don't want to hear them.

So other than 3rd Party Warp-in Sound Effects, I'm content to play EVE with less sound, and almost everything turned off. If anyone can think of other situational audio that we'd want added, please post.
Dominous Nolen
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#87 - 2017-04-03 17:08:53 UTC
I would agree with Ransu, that 3rd party warp is one setting that I need to have turned on while I turn off the rest of the atomsphere sounds.

When roaming it's nice to have the stability effects of the wormholes enabled, but tend to turn down the buzz of the gate static atomsphere, cause really it doesn't matter, only the activation sounds are critical when in k-space.

I do like having some module sounds turned up on the ship and I fully disable the warp effect from my own ship.

I typically leave things like my modules at 20%, ship ambience around 30% (I'll admit, I like the transition effects of the animated warp enter/exits) and alot of the other settings are set to 15% or below as I don't need the background noise.

If I could I would turn off the probe scan(cube drag, ambient static noise?) / tactical camera/ incursion audio if I could figure out which slider you've bound that to, if any.

@dominousnolen

"Fly dangerously, Fly safe, Fly whatever, just keep Flying." - Lee Blackwood

CCP Antiquarian
C C P
C C P Alliance
#88 - 2017-04-04 14:33:01 UTC
Hello hello!

Thanks everyone* for commenting about the advanced audio settings changes. The reason we put this out in Singularity is to get feedback and you all have certainly provided that. We genuinely appreciate the interest in our logging, the concern about metrics and data interpretation, and even the questions about complaints vs. AAS users. You guys are the best.

There are a few changes in the works in response to both the feedback here and usage (over the last and coming weeks) on Singularity. These alterations may take a bit longer than normal owing to Fanfest and the Spring holiday, but there will be adjustments made. I can assure you that the build on the test server right now is the first iteration of this feature, not the final.

*Special thanks to Dominous Nolen and Ransu Asanari for actually getting on and playing with the new settings enabled to provide useful feedback. This is why Singularity exists** and why we have this forum.

**Also, we do like to showcase our mad sound skillz.

"Singularity pilots are helpful pilots."

@CCP_Antiquarian - for immediate fulfillment of your archaic social media needs.

Dominous Nolen
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#89 - 2017-04-04 15:53:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Dominous Nolen
Thanks, Antiquarian! Looking forward to further updates on this one.

Please keep us posted when a new build is live as I check SISI maybe once or twice every other week when time allows. Perhaps a broadcast could be sent via the launcher for feedback.

Sadly won't be able to make it to Fanfest this year, hope everyone has a blast.

@dominousnolen

Ransu Asanari
Perkone
Caldari State
#90 - 2017-04-04 16:04:05 UTC
Thanks for listening to our feedback. Hopefully we can get an update and some of the information on sound mappings so we can help test further!

One question about the sun changes - I checked out the A0IV (Turbulent Blue Subgiant) sun in Thera on SiSi. I like the new design, and way the shading happens. I'm really glad the on-grid sun designs are changing to be less blinding - I made a video about this a while ago (retina burning warning).

Since we're looking at this, is there the possibility of turning down the intensity on the A0IV (Turbulent Blue Subgiant) suns? It's much better when you're on the sun grid now, but the light intensity against the skybox anywhere else in a Shattered wormhole is still quite bright.
Dominous Nolen
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#91 - 2017-04-04 21:48:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Dominous Nolen
Antiquarian - Can you speak to any possiblity of any camera changes in the near future or even if its being considered? In my previous posts I mentioned the parity issue with the old vs. new camera and the lack of custom tracking postion, removal of advanced camera options etc.

Would love to see some enhancements made (speaking as a video creator). I know alot of folks would probably be on board with this if it was to be an option CCP was looking to roll back in.

It was also nice being able to set a custom tracking position while watching a wormhole up close to activation. Typically I would offset my left and right monitors while sitting with my view right on the wormhole itself so when it fired I would be able to instantly tell which hole fire I heard based on left ear vs. Right ear directions rather then having to pan all 3 instead of having to wait for decloaks and hope I can get to the client in time to get info.

@dominousnolen

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#92 - 2017-04-05 03:14:16 UTC
how hard would it be to add the warp-through-planet effect to the stars too? So that you don't clip through the geometry when you warp through it.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

CCP Darwin
C C P
C C P Alliance
#93 - 2017-04-05 11:51:29 UTC
Dominous Nolen wrote:
Can you speak to any possiblity of any camera changes in the near future or even if its being considered?

The in-game camera system is maintained by another team (Team Psycho Sisters) and we're not really able to speak for that team in this thread. If there's not an active thread for camera feedback right now, I recommend posting your feedback in one of the general feedback threads.

CCP Darwin  •  Senior Software Engineer, Art & Graphics, EVE Online  •  @mark_wilkins

CCP Savior
C C P
C C P Alliance
#94 - 2017-04-05 11:52:23 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Savior
Bienator II wrote:
how hard would it be to add the warp-through-planet effect to the stars too? So that you don't clip through the geometry when you warp through it.

Yeah we noticed this while play testing internally and we weren't too happy with how it looked. Discussions about using that same system are being had at the moment, so Its something we're looking at changing :)

Graphical QA Analyst | EVE Quality Assurance | Team TriLambda

Dominous Nolen
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#95 - 2017-04-05 14:19:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Dominous Nolen
CCP Darwin wrote:
Dominous Nolen wrote:
Can you speak to any possiblity of any camera changes in the near future or even if its being considered?

The in-game camera system is maintained by another team (Team Psycho Sisters) and we're not really able to speak for that team in this thread. If there's not an active thread for camera feedback right now, I recommend posting your feedback in one of the general feedback threads.

Thanks for following up Darwin, I have previously done this, but I believe the related camera threads were closed. I'll find the current general feedback thread but I just want to make sure it's not being buried in other issues for a specific patch.

Posting to latest stickied general feedback thread:
Here

@dominousnolen

Dominous Nolen
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#96 - 2017-04-17 22:09:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Dominous Nolen
Antiquarian - Any word on when you might be putting a new build up for testing? Right now it appears we're still using the original 7 sliders that were tested previously.

*looks at calendar*

Would love to get some more input on this before the end of the month if this in fact is going live on the May release.

@dominousnolen

Quazar Doosan
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#97 - 2017-04-23 21:30:52 UTC
Third party warp, please :)
Dominous Nolen
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#98 - 2017-05-02 16:00:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Dominous Nolen
@CCP Antiquarian - Any updates from CCP? I haven't seen much in terms of audio menu changes and we're getting close to patch day.

Would like to test before this goes live (if its still going live on the 9th)

@dominousnolen

CCP Antiquarian
C C P
C C P Alliance
#99 - 2017-05-03 11:29:33 UTC
Hey Dominous, sorry for the delay in reply, things have been pretty busy over here.

CCP Baldur (audio director) has been looking at the usage statistics and at the comments here. He's got a few potential changes set back to alter some of the sliders, but wants to offer the current set up to the general public first before changing it.

So what is on Singularity now will be going live on the 9th as planned, with modification after deployment in either patch or release form following additional player feedback and response.

"Singularity pilots are helpful pilots."

@CCP_Antiquarian - for immediate fulfillment of your archaic social media needs.

Dominous Nolen
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#100 - 2017-05-03 14:27:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Dominous Nolen
CCP Antiquarian wrote:
Hey Dominous, sorry for the delay in reply, things have been pretty busy over here.

CCP Baldur (audio director) has been looking at the usage statistics and at the comments here. He's got a few potential changes set back to alter some of the sliders, but wants to offer the current set up to the general public first before changing it.

So what is on Singularity now will be going live on the 9th as planned, with modification after deployment in either patch or release form following additional player feedback and response.

No Worries, I know how it goes with deadlines, etc. Thanks for the response.

Atleast its being re-evaluated. My concern is right now on a few things. Namely the following:

• What items are bound to what slider in the 7 sliders
  • Where is the 3rd party warp in effect bound and is it directly tied to my warp effect, cause I'll tell you right now that droning of the warp effect is gonna get annoying really fast, but we need 3rd warp to 11

I guess as long as you guys are going to be iterating on this good. Hopefully we get some more control beyond whats currently live on SISI with a break down of the advanced audio to revised mappings. I can't stress that point enough, we need to know what you've mapped where so we can try and make it usable.

You know what will happen patch day to those who don't watch the forums/reddit/blogs.

I hope there will be a dev blog on this as well.. cause it's kinda a big change despite the fact its only some of player base that even realize its a thing.

@dominousnolen