These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Trilambda Feature Feedback - Suns, Hangars and Logos!

First post
Author
CCP Antiquarian
C C P
C C P Alliance
#101 - 2017-05-03 16:25:56 UTC
Really just thanks for following up and being invested. EVE development is a living growing mutating thing and it thrives on players playing and responding to the world. You guys are excellent.

The 3rd party warp in is definitely the most requested/commented element, so that is certainly on the radar. Also some of the UI sounds, though adjusting "Secondary Interfaces" seems to have helped out a number of people in that regard.

I'll keep on CCP Baldur's case to make sure he's paying attention to feedback and usage statistics.


Re devblog: Limited, but I am happy to talk more about it all here. One of the issues with creating a full devblog is the amount of bandwidth in the audio department which is not tremendous right now. That's one of the reasons for this change (I promise we aren't just yanking to mess with people). But maybe I can get something in prose form at some point.

"Singularity pilots are helpful pilots."

@CCP_Antiquarian - for immediate fulfillment of your archaic social media needs.

Dominous Nolen
Anomalous Existence
Initiative Mercenaries
#102 - 2017-05-03 17:03:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Dominous Nolen
CCP Antiquarian wrote:
Really just thanks for following up and being invested. EVE development is a living growing mutating thing and it thrives on players playing and responding to the world. You guys are excellent.

The 3rd party warp in is definitely the most requested/commented element, so that is certainly on the radar. Also some of the UI sounds, though adjusting "Secondary Interfaces" seems to have helped out a number of people in that regard.

I'll keep on CCP Baldur's case to make sure he's paying attention to feedback and usage statistics.


Re devblog: Limited, but I am happy to talk more about it all here. One of the issues with creating a full devblog is the amount of bandwidth in the audio department which is not tremendous right now. That's one of the reasons for this change (I promise we aren't just yanking to mess with people). But maybe I can get something in prose form at some point.


Oh Stop it, you.

In all seriousness, I want to make sure the experience is good on all levels of play from new bro to vet.

Re: Re: Devblog. The only reason I suggested this mght be good to have some form of notification for the entire player base, because like I said before people don't necessarily pay attention to the forums.
Even if you have a break down the patch notes that might be sufficient, as long as it explained in some detail and its just rolled out with out communication.

We need a break down of what features are mapped to which sliders. I can't emphasize that enough cause you're moving from 25+ options to 7.

====

While I have your ear... Bug reporting... Some UI bugs aren't being escalated through the bug hunters. I've documented an issue (and escalated it 3 times now, one ticket closed Stating it wasn't reproducible and two sitting "Open") since the 119.3 patch deployment and it's happening for several players. there is an issue with the UI after initial undock from a citadel. It's been documented, screen capped and recorded, its a minor thing, but its impacting a few corp mates and friends of mine who run out of citadels.

Thread notes here.

Can you perhaps point someone from the UI side to this thread and see if someone can look at it please?

@dominousnolen

"Fly dangerously, Fly safe, Fly whatever, just keep Flying." - Lee Blackwood

CCP Antiquarian
C C P
C C P Alliance
#103 - 2017-05-04 15:14:50 UTC
Dominous Nolen wrote:

We need a break down of what features are mapped to which sliders. I can't emphasize that enough cause you're moving from 25+ options to 7.


On it.

"Singularity pilots are helpful pilots."

@CCP_Antiquarian - for immediate fulfillment of your archaic social media needs.

Dominous Nolen
Anomalous Existence
Initiative Mercenaries
#104 - 2017-05-04 15:19:28 UTC
CCP Antiquarian wrote:
Dominous Nolen wrote:

We need a break down of what features are mapped to which sliders. I can't emphasize that enough cause you're moving from 25+ options to 7.


On it.


Awesome, Thanks!

@dominousnolen

"Fly dangerously, Fly safe, Fly whatever, just keep Flying." - Lee Blackwood

Maja Chou
#105 - 2017-05-06 09:22:48 UTC
You made a great job with sounds like crimewatch i can play lot of chars in some situations only reacting to that little noises

BUT as i play allways +3 chars in different locations and roles i would like to have a more granulary sound setting insteat of have to switching all off in the future^^

was allways a fighter against the meme "eve have sounds" because some realy important sounds improve the gameplay a lot
but most of the time i also like to watch on other screens other stuff who isnt eve^^

station sounds, gate, ship, modules and grid ambiance even as propulsion mod or impact sounds and the incursion sounds who sometimes come trugh is driving me crazy while i like a quiet space with responsive sounds to what my ship or player/npc ships are doing to me and arround me^^

pls Devs not only play one client and think about a movie like environoment^^ yes its nice for youtube vids and streamers but there are also some hmm i will call it "power players" who play not with one client

so pls Sound Devs fire up few clients set one in a mission, one goes mining, one travel jita-amarr, one is watching a gate or wormhole and you got a setting you will here the disturbing noise eve make with ambiance sounds and not nesesseary ship and module and UI sounds

for all of these we need sliders to turn it of

it cant be that hard to make a sound menu where the advanced players could adjust every sound in the game^^ you have the connections between events and sounds in your database and client so why not give us a MORE GRANULARY adv. settings menu where we can just play a sound identify it as the one who is disturbing us and lower the volume or switch it out^^

not simplifiing all for advanced players is the is the way you shout go in this case because even eve is not getting simpler over the time^^
i dont want to play a silent screensaver in the future or be threaded into one client because the noise the game make is driving me crazy^^

Da die auf Schildwall vorhandenen Informationen nur einen minimalen Einfluss auf das Endergebnis der Neuspielererfahrung von EVE als ganzes gehabt hätten,habe ich beschlossen, die Informationen so zu belassen, wie CCP sie zu liefern in der Lage ist.

Lugh Crow-Slave
#106 - 2017-05-08 00:09:29 UTC
Should a corporation not be in an alliance the slot for alliance logo should be replaced with the Corp logo and the executor's portrait should be replaced with the CEO's






A mechanic like this should not recognize alliances more than solo corps. It's a subtle thing but players should not be taught that alliance = better should their needs not require one.


If this is not added before this goes live i doubt it ever will. Like i said it's a small thing but to some it may be important
CCP Antiquarian
C C P
C C P Alliance
#107 - 2017-05-08 10:47:31 UTC
For people interested in following the evolving Advanced Audio Settings feature:


https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=519006

Please add comments there. The Audio Director will be monitoring for feedback and suggestions.

"Singularity pilots are helpful pilots."

@CCP_Antiquarian - for immediate fulfillment of your archaic social media needs.