These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: PLEX Changes On The Way!

First post First post First post
Author
Capqu
Half Empty
xqtywiznalamywmodxfhhopawzpqyjdwrpeptuaenabjawdzku
#441 - 2017-03-18 16:10:56 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

Just a quick update!

Thanks for all the feedback so far - it's clear that there's been some pretty active and somewhat vigorous discussion of the proposed changes.

Team Size Matters and the community team are running through this thread, looking over the feedback (both positive and negative) as well as the suggestions that all you guys are putting forward.

We'll be taking a look at it, discussing it internally early after the weekend, and will be looking at how best to incorporate relevant feedback into the changes that are coming.

Thanks again for all the feed back, and remember - Let's keep it civil here and within the realms of the forum rules Blink

:)
Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#442 - 2017-03-18 17:00:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolai Serkanner
Just my two cents:
I like the combination of Aur en Plex. Never saw any use for separate currencies
I do not like the vault idea. EvE is a tough game. Losing PLEX is part of that and should stay at is is. There are better ways to warn new players to not fill up the cargohold with PLEX
Not converting the less than 1000 AUR is a very bad idea. CCP will make lots of people very angry because they will not see it any other way from it being blatantly stealing from the players. I suggest CCP finds an other way to re-imburse us customers.
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#443 - 2017-03-18 17:56:23 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
It will start from above 2M and will fast be nearing 3 M when all Alphas will grab a few. I would grab a few and I am Omega.

And its actually a great thing to not give CCP money as it looks now. I have not bought a piece of Aurum ever. This change would never had a chance to affect me in any meaningfull way. Not risking any unused aurum to be liquidated, and not a few coins thrown out at CCP they keep without giving anything in return. Its like they would steal yo money, but not really, just pocket change. What do you do about that? I keep the change, thanks. For you all, its a lesson for future. Maybe dont give CCP money? CCP will teach you a lesson. To not give them money.

No you wont. Theyre gonna cost 1b ea still for a long time until everyone finds out its the newest scam.
The mini plex themselves will end up around 10m-20m likely meaning it will cost 5b-10b a month to play. The little guy can't plex anymore.
Orca Platypus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#444 - 2017-03-18 18:25:42 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

Just a quick update!

Thanks for all the feedback so far - it's clear that there's been some pretty active and somewhat vigorous discussion of the proposed changes.

Team Size Matters and the community team are running through this thread, looking over the feedback (both positive and negative) as well as the suggestions that all you guys are putting forward.

We'll be taking a look at it, discussing it internally early after the weekend, and will be looking at how best to incorporate relevant feedback into the changes that are coming.

Thanks again for all the feed back, and remember - Let's keep it civil here and within the realms of the forum rules Blink

Of all people this is commented by no other than CCP FullCon.

Now that is not reassuring at all.
Hirisho Presolana
Evian Industries
Reeloaded.
#445 - 2017-03-18 18:52:02 UTC
since the most commented thing is the <1000 aur strip..

why don't you use this:
>1000 = Microplex conversion
<1000 = isk conversion

Suicide Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#446 - 2017-03-18 19:16:17 UTC
Stuff like this really pisses me off. All it does is screw people who didn't use all their Aurum, which is hard to do because CCP have made the NEX Store and Aurum Bundles in ways to try and keep people from ever being able to use it all. And of course we can't transfer our Arum between accounts so we can give one account ALL of the Aurub we have, no we'll just delete it all.

And what about Aurum Tokens? They are available in sub 1000 amounts, those are just gonna be dumped too?
Guma Kumamato
KANARCI
#447 - 2017-03-18 19:33:42 UTC
Hirisho Presolana wrote:

why don't you use this:
<1000 = isk conversion

Clever suggestion, I would take that even further and exchanged all AUR to NuPLEX amount equivalent lowered by portion of average gift ratio AUR in circulation and remainder gave in ISK for all players.
marly cortez
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#448 - 2017-03-18 19:53:39 UTC
beakerax wrote:
1000 seems easier to understand than 500…

Dunno, I never in my life mistook the number '1' for anything other than '1'.

As to this Plex issue, having never had the need for plex since multi boxing got kicked into touch, the whole thing seems to put it politely, a non-issue.

However, the darker picture here is this advertisement, seems the selling reptiles have slithered in by the back door to me battering your face with products no one would ever consider buying in the first place always missing the real point here, that if it really was any good people would already know all about it and would not require this intrusive prompting.

Humanity is the thin veneer that remains after you remove the baffled chimp.

Arthure Pentedragoon
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#449 - 2017-03-18 20:29:51 UTC
Glad to hear the changes not include the "time decaying" PLEX. Rumors had CCP considering PLEX change where after 30 days or so PLEX would go from today's full value PLEX into a lump tagged as worth 999/1000 (or 499/500 I guess) of these new milli-PLEX and then decay further at accelerated rates.

That would ensure that PLEX were used ASAP and did not remain on market just as hard currency. But it would really suck for people who went offline with unused PLEX or alliances big enough that they could lose track of where all their PLEX were stashed and how old those PLEX were.

I guess if CCP ever did that a purchase or use by time-date stamp on the PLEX would help if you looked at an individual PLEX. But I want to get so rich in game that examining each PLEX I owned became tedious and consumed hours of game time. P
Arthure Pentedragoon
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#450 - 2017-03-18 21:01:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthure Pentedragoon
marly cortez wrote:
beakerax wrote:

As to this Plex issue, having never had the need for plex since multi boxing got kicked into touch, the whole thing seems to put it politely, a non-issue.

However, the darker picture here is this advertisement, seems the selling reptiles have slithered in by the back door to me battering your face with products no one would ever consider buying in the first place always missing the real point here, that if it really was any good people would already know all about it and would not require this intrusive prompting.

He just wants discussion friendly currency. Instead of talking purchasing 500 PLEX for same rate as 1 PLEX today -- he wants to keep purchasing a PLEX and talk breaking it into 1000 milli-PLEX. Or following EU suggested currency deci-PLEX (1/10th PLEX), centi-PLEX (1/100th) and milli-PLEX.

I favor the plan that keeps EVE doors open to play. CCP has to pay bills to do that.

TBH the CCP plan makes a LOT more sense at least from a marketing standpoint. I can almost guarantee that CCP will NOT continue selling NewPLEX in 500 lot units such that users can compare to old PLEX prices without thinking. CCP may need to ease players into new game time costs to pay CCPs own bills.

Old PLEX is 720 hours of game play for 14.95 without any discounts or specials.The RL CCP base price (not volume discounted) price of PLEX would equate to 0.03 USD per NewPLEX.

But I expect CCP to sell in all sorts of lot sizes (100, 250, 333, 750, 1000, 5000, etc) both for user flexibility and to simply erase the old cost of game time from user minds.

The simplest round off of NewPLEX to game time is 1 hour game time. It could also go to 2 hours if CCP wants to gamble that skins and other EVE Store stuff will skyrocket. I suspect that game is too big. TBH that sort of gambling favors the more straightforward milli-PLEX.

So I suspect OMEGA game time costs will be raised behind a NewPLEX change smoke screen. But the results will still favor most players if you can buy time a few NewPLEX at a time. Turn on alts full skill for few hours at a time.etc Decide to pay for time to train up skills versus buying injectors etc.
Arthure Pentedragoon
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#451 - 2017-03-18 21:17:16 UTC
I guess the big question is

will CCP allow purchasing OMEGA time in 1 NewPLEX increments. ? Big smile

If so a lot of specialized alts can be left ALPHA except for the exact time that you need them at full OMEGA skill.

Yet somebody will still need OMEGA to add skill points into EVE either by direct toon traiing time or as injectors.

Sort of win-win for CCP and players. The ultimate flexibility. Players can more quickly fly Titan or whatever via injectors without dedicating their RL...but also save some money afterwards by goign OMEGA only on weekends. (LOL - Sounds odd to spend hundreds RL to jump into capital ship immediately then squeeze pennies as weekend warrior. But people on budgets do stuff like that with hobbies all the time when they expect years of involvement.)

And skins and other stuff may well sell better when its only exchanging a few hours of game play -- rather than committing to exchanging a whole OldPLEX (30 days of gameplayer) which can then really be spent only on more (often far less wanted) store stuff.
Tonto Auri
Vhero' Multipurpose Corp
#452 - 2017-03-18 21:19:00 UTC
Hirisho Presolana wrote:
since the most commented thing is the <1000 aur strip..

why don't you use this:
<1000 = isk conversion

Why not just convert PLEX to AUR ?…
That would make more sense, than converting AUR to "microplex" (brrr… who ever thought of that),

Two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. -- Harlan Ellison

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#453 - 2017-03-18 21:23:58 UTC
Arthure Pentedragoon wrote:

If so a lot of specialized alts can be left ALPHA except for the exact time that you need them at full OMEGA skill.

Yet somebody will still need OMEGA to add skill points into EVE either by direct toon traiing time or as injectors.

Sort of win-win for CCP and players. The ultimate flexibility. Players can more quickly fly Titan or whatever via injectors without dedicating their RL...but also save some money afterwards by goign OMEGA only on weekends. (LOL - Sounds odd to spend hundreds RL to jump into capital ship immediately then squeeze pennies as weekend warrior. But people on budgets do stuff like that with hobbies all the time when they expect years of involvement.)

And skins and other stuff may well sell better when its only exchanging a few hours of game play -- rather than committing to exchanging a whole OldPLEX (30 days of gameplayer) which can then really be spent only on more (often far less wanted) store stuff.

No. 30 days chunks only.

Quote:
Q: With smaller PLEX, will I be able to buy less than 30 days of Omega time?
A: We currently we have no plans regarding smaller game time packages.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#454 - 2017-03-18 22:10:22 UTC
marly cortez wrote:
beakerax wrote:

Old PLEX is 720 hours of game play for 14.95 without any discounts or specials.The RL CCP base price (not volume discounted) price of PLEX would equate to 0.03 USD per NewPLEX.

But I expect CCP to sell in all sorts of lot sizes (100, 250, 333, 750, 1000, 5000, etc) both for user flexibility and to simply erase the old cost of game time from user minds.
Where do you buy a Plex for $14.95?
1 months game time via "Add game time" is $14.95
1 Plex is $19.95 via the Plex store.

My opinions are mine.

If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Urziel99
Multiplex Gaming
Tactical Narcotics Team
#455 - 2017-03-18 22:11:44 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:

No. 30 days chunks only.

Quote:
Q: With smaller PLEX, will I be able to buy less than 30 days of Omega time?
A: We currently we have no plans regarding smaller game time packages.

That's a shame really, if they are going to make the currency granular they should make the resulting sub more granular. Many free to play games use the model World of Tanks/Warships,and Armored Warfare [rip] to name a few.
Aetran Molou
M Y S T
#456 - 2017-03-18 22:19:54 UTC
My biggest issue?
Do not put it in our inventory window.
We don't need to be consistently reminded to upgrade and have our UI cluttered with PLEX related items, especially for an Omega account.
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#457 - 2017-03-18 22:28:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Sgt Ocker
Orca Platypus wrote:
Lyrrashae wrote:
It had to happen sooner or later.

Oh well, it was a fun nine years.

because all my alts were cancelled the moment I tested new probe window on TQ.
That is good news, you found a way to fix your issue with new bubble mechanics - Stop playing.

*If only I could believe it were true.. :)

My opinions are mine.

If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#458 - 2017-03-18 23:05:30 UTC
I wish the remove this nonsense in the first place, wish eve was not a causal farming money cellphone game. Atleast that`s what is happening to eve lately and still going that way.

The only mmorpg without super stuff. But again even ccp failed in this. That`s why my subscribe is stop. And for now it looks like it will be stop for good.
Ronnie Rose
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#459 - 2017-03-18 23:12:41 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

Just a quick update!

I'll just repost this then so it is not lost to CCP...its just for consideration

I get it. CCP's proposal is to break up today's single PLEX to 500 mini-PLEXes. That means the new mini PLEX will be 500th of the value of what PLEX is running for.

So the math is simple 1,000,000,000 (estimated market value) / 500 = 2,000,000 ISK. So when one has their PLEX converted to mini PLEXes and has 500 of them, then post to the market 2,000,000.01 for each mini PLEX that's equals to 5 ISK should they all sell (2,000,000.01 x 500 = 1,000,000,005 ISK).

It stands to reason the smaller PLEX units will sell quicker under the illusion its more affordable. It's like taking a pack of cigarettes and selling each cigarette for a dollar. Cheaper than the whole pack, but in the long run costing more than buying a single pack (20 cigarettes, 1 dollar for each cigarette equals 20 bucks, when a pack runs like 7 bucks). This will create more demand for the mini PLEX driving higher prices, but I believe in the long run it will price out players like the OP who rely on making ingame ISK to pay for PLEX on the market. Sure that player will be able to "afford" the smaller PLEX denomination, but in the long run it will cost them more. Consequently, the price of commodities and items will also increase.

I bet the new mini PLEX will settle to about 2,200,000 ISK

We're not here to change the game, we're here to change YOUR game

Olleybear
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#460 - 2017-03-19 00:19:22 UTC
Johan Civire wrote:
I wish the remove this nonsense in the first place, wish eve was not a causal farming money cellphone game. Atleast that`s what is happening to eve lately and still going that way.

The only mmorpg without super stuff. But again even ccp failed in this. That`s why my subscribe is stop. And for now it looks like it will be stop for good.

Greetings capsuleer!

You make a bold claim that Eve Online is "a casual farming money cellphone game" Further, you make a second claim that "At lest that's what is happening to eve lately and still going that way" We(1) are very interested in this money farm via cellphone in Eve Online.

The words farming/money/casually, has peaked Our(1) curiosity and we are very interested to learn of said changes to Eve Online that have happened, and are still happening, that have turned Eve Online into a cellphone money farming game. We understand there are money farming cellphone games which are free to play that will soak you for hundreds, if not thousands, of real life currency in order to compete in said game and would like to know more so we can scrutinize your claim that it is the same with Eve Online.

Are you able to explain to us how Eve Online soaks a POD Pilot, via a cellphone, with paid for in game content, in the currency of their choice? The last we checked, for a small $14.95 monthly fee, less if you pay for multiple months in advance, you get access to the full game, minus some cosmetic effects to ship and character.

Of course, maybe you were referring to skill injectors that can only be bought currently with Aurum and how a new player with more real life currency than brains, in the current instant gratification culture, can simply buy their way through skill point advancement by injecting skill points another POD pilot has already taken the time to train by buying those skill points via PLEX conversion to isk. Have no fear brave muppet(2). Those fresh into the game, who buy their skillpoint advancement with RL currency instead of time, have no idea what ship inertia is let alone how to use it to their advantage in a combat setting.

Furthermore, there are plenty of POD Pilots who enjoy popping, dunking, and blowing up these nerds in a spaceship game over the internet. Rest assured those who buy their skill point advancement with RL currency, in lieu of both piloting skill and understanding of game mechanics, are losing their assets quite frequently. Indeed, someone who buys their way into a battleship via PLEX and skill injectors, yet has zero understanding of transversal, is already dead. They just dont know it yet. This, my friend, is a good thing.

Fine Print:
(1)Our refers to the combined personalities of our effeminate, Queenly side and the more masculine, Kingly side coming together in an epiphany of raucous joviality.
(2)Muppet - Most Useless Pod Pilot Ever Trained

When it comes to PvP, I am like a chiwawa hanging from a grizzley bears pair of wrinklies for dear life.