These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: PLEX Changes On The Way!

First post First post First post
Author
Krynn Fennir
Systems High Guard
Tactical Narcotics Team
#341 - 2017-03-17 10:56:21 UTC
What are you smoking?

Why would anyone want something other than Ship Hanger and Inventory at the top of the inventory window? Is fozzie part of this team?

I get that making Eve more accessible has the potential to increase your subscriptions, but I'm seriously starting to wonder how many PC games are left out there, everything keeps getting dumbed down to easy mode so the kids can play...
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#342 - 2017-03-17 10:58:34 UTC
What is the CSM opinion on:
CCP Phantom wrote:
We will also convert all existing Aurum balances above 1000 Aurum to the new PLEX.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Alexander Bor
Polaris Global
#343 - 2017-03-17 11:12:21 UTC
Good idea... for CCP. I hope for players too. It's hard to predict possible effects. At the current moment it looks like just neutral update which bring things that should be done long ago.

There's only one possible negative (on my opinion) effect that may occur (and may not) - EVE will shift from it's unique nature to become just like another "pay-to-win" game. Maybe for someone this is good but for me definitely not.

In my opinion the only option for EVE to survive is to be a something special with it's own atmosphere. Some changes of the last few years seems lead EVE away from it's style. It is paradoxical but trying to gain ONLINE numbers fast will cause epic failure in the end.
Mara'Keshi
Inevitable Outcome
E.C.H.O
#344 - 2017-03-17 11:17:11 UTC
So you are stealing my Aurum across all my accounts? (all <1000 AUR)

Great.... Thanks I guess Roll
Naye Nathaniel
COBRA INC
Seventh Sanctum.
#345 - 2017-03-17 11:19:38 UTC
Roland Schlosser wrote:
After years of trying to kill the price of PLEX on the market, CCP has finally found a winning formula.

The only reason they're doing this is to make the barrier to subbing lower for those casuals they so desperately want playing EVE

This;

And funny **** - after annoucing this crap the plex rise skyrocket for an extra +100mil;
Rendering
Doomheim
#346 - 2017-03-17 11:21:37 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:
We will also convert all existing Aurum balances above 1000 Aurum to the new PLEX.

LOL that you think the CSM's opinion matters, or that it was anything other than sucking up like the sycophants they all are.
Naye Nathaniel
COBRA INC
Seventh Sanctum.
#347 - 2017-03-17 11:21:45 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Kyttn wrote:
"Q: For balances over 1000, will the entire balance be converted or only the amount exceeding 1000?
A: The entire balance will be converted. For example, a balance of 1050 Aurum would be converted into 150 PLEX."

Could someone please explain this to me? I don't seem to understand the math here

7 aurum will become 1 plex.

so 1050 aurum is 150 plex.

They're ignoring aurum balances below 1000

BTW how long you knew about that changes? As you sound very well informed;
As a "voice of the players" i think players should know about that idea before its gonna be implemented;
Same with the new march patch when u were bitching about how great it is;

I'm gonna say - CSM are worthless and not needed as they are do nothing good for community;
They are just a CCP bitches, thats all;
Naye Nathaniel
COBRA INC
Seventh Sanctum.
#348 - 2017-03-17 11:23:28 UTC
Cearain wrote:

I agree it could mean that. But they specifically reference the time 30 days. And that suggests they will do smaller amounts of time.

Hopefully they won't do that. As you and I both agree they will lose allot of money if they do.

They wont;
They would get even more;
Have u ever tried to buy something in bigger bulk?

There is always a discount for this;
This time i can easly imagine that CCP would ask at 300-350 "plex" for a half a month, and 500 for a month;
Naye Nathaniel
COBRA INC
Seventh Sanctum.
#349 - 2017-03-17 11:24:42 UTC
Eleonora Crendraven wrote:
" The PLEX Vault will allow you to move PLEX safely throughout the universe rather than having to move it in a ship. It will still be possible to carry it in a ship like any other item if you want, so if you have an urge to fill a shuttle full of PLEX and tour low sec just drag PLEX out of the vault and into your cargo and you’re good to go.

We know how much you love it when ships blow up with piles of PLEX inside, we even might understand why, but, we also don’t want new PLEX users to be losing their PLEX before they can trade it because they didn’t know how to get to market safely."

I like people who have to move PLEX in a ship. I think I am not the only one. Moving around large amounts of cash should be risky. And a very good reason to use your brain.

So please, NOOOOO

And again... MASSIVE PLEX LOSES IS JUST A RTM, ITS NOT A NORMAL PLAYER BEHAVIOUR ffs
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#350 - 2017-03-17 11:52:59 UTC
Rendering wrote:
LOL that you think the CSM's opinion matters, or that it was anything other than sucking up like the sycophants they all are.

CSM opinions matters to me, because CSM are players representatives (at least some of them), not CCP representatives. This is not some game balancing issue, some players paid real cash money for AURUM. How do you thing CCP convince me to spend my money on the game when they do things like this? This must be transparent. CSM are here for the players, not CCP, election are here and they afraid of talking about difficult issues?

As for CSM, never like the concept, and frankly I can't see the benefit of having them as my representative. Just a bunch of people who see content before playerbase and can give insignificant feedback most of the time.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Naye Nathaniel
COBRA INC
Seventh Sanctum.
#351 - 2017-03-17 12:07:18 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:

CSM opinions matters to me, because CSM are players representatives (at least some of them), not CCP representatives

I feel sorry for you being so naive..
Takatii
Doomheim
#352 - 2017-03-17 12:12:02 UTC
Do I smell the gateway to micro-transactions brewing? Why else would you want Plex in such small units?
Anthar Thebess
#353 - 2017-03-17 12:17:14 UTC
Takatii wrote:
Do I smell the gateway to micro-transactions brewing? Why else would you want Plex in such small units?

GOLD AMMO
GOLD AMMO
GOLD AMMO
GOLD AMMO
GOLD AMMO
GOLD AMMO

This change makes me so sad.
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#354 - 2017-03-17 12:25:30 UTC
By the way... instead of this rubbish, would you please be so kind and fix PLEX time donations? When you currently donate game time to another character via PLEX, you can only enter the characters name and hope you hit the right guy. From the donation window you cannot open the character info window to check if it's really the right person. This ought to get fixed with these changes in order to actually make PLEX usage measurably easier and safer.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#355 - 2017-03-17 12:28:09 UTC
Takatii wrote:

There won't be AURUM so they need more granular currency to sell items from NEX store.

Tonto Auri
Vhero' Multipurpose Corp
#356 - 2017-03-17 12:35:27 UTC
Then again, why not just convert PLEX to AUR and make AUR that new item?

Two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. -- Harlan Ellison

Orca Platypus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#357 - 2017-03-17 12:40:35 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:

Jin already answered about it in the thread: Just buy plex and top up your aurum. What he forgot to add is that his market alt already made a killing by pushing plex prices 200m up 3 days ago.
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#358 - 2017-03-17 12:45:52 UTC
Orca Platypus wrote:
Jin already answered about it in the thread: Just buy plex and top up your aurum. What he forgot to add is that his market alt already made a killing by pushing plex prices 200m up 3 days ago.

So basically he's telling me to spend RL or ingame money because of this arbirtary CCP decision?

Evi Polevhia
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#359 - 2017-03-17 13:00:23 UTC
Jesus, people act like they've never heard of a stock split.
Orca Platypus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#360 - 2017-03-17 13:13:55 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
Orca Platypus wrote:

So basically he's telling me to spend RL or ingame money because of this arbirtary CCP decision?

He insists you can sell 500 new plex back after change and have your ISK back.
What he doesn't say is that it'll be back to previous price after his market manipulation.

I mean, if that's the way, what is the ******* point of not converting aurum below 1000 to new plex right away anyway?