These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

119.3 General feedback (PC)

First post
Author
Manks Girl
The Northerners
Pandemic Horde
#61 - 2017-03-14 13:45:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Manks Girl
So i'm about 50% nerf to mining yield in a rorq now, excavators are orbiting around a 15k roid literally 19k orbit from me. Moving at 500m/s with a sig the size of a cruiser...

I can understand nerfing rorqs to reduce the amount of ore in game, however the current change has broken it. How can you now defend orbiting excavators fro 15k away moving so slowly? They have the sig size of a cruiser!!

Suggestion: Make excavators stationery like Sentries, rorqs have been nerfed enough. No point in breaking them so much that they aren't used anymore. It's a skill intensive ship and isk/reward should be considered.

You CCP created the monster, you can at least defang the beast without destroying it all together.
Partsking
New Eden Marshals Service
#62 - 2017-03-14 13:47:14 UTC
D scan sucks. Further reinforcing the fact that your developers don't play this game.

ParkerJ
State War Academy
Caldari State
#63 - 2017-03-14 13:47:37 UTC  |  Edited by: ParkerJ
There is currently issues with viewing market items that are located in citadels or just keepstars anyways I have submitted a bug report along with screenshots.

Edit - Placed this in the Issues thread
Leila Pegasus
Jita Social Club
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#64 - 2017-03-14 13:50:59 UTC
new scan things buggy as always ... fail ccp betatesting was a thing back in the days also there was a time u would lisen to feedback

Excavator Drones are painfull to use at this point they are to slow for the size of the asteroids. Km for them well i guess i dont care about what gives kms and what not.

T2 indi core basicly nets u less isk than a t1 core cause u pay double on Water.

Rorquals do will not be able to panic if there is no roid left for them to lock but stupidly still can use points.

all in all i dont know but i guess u didnt dare to write in your dev blog that u want to nerf minig drones by 60% so we make a 25% nerf with rock size changes that nets to a hidden 60%.

good job ccp.

PS: Please call me wen i can undock my rorqual again and do something usefull with it beside dropeing supers in belts that try to clear a domination titan spawn.
Clluisse Eriker
Tackled In Belt Need Help
Siege Green.
#65 - 2017-03-14 13:53:34 UTC
There is T3C Exploration Subsystem bonus Issue. http://imgur.com/cjnyZR5
Evan Giants
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#66 - 2017-03-14 13:55:32 UTC
Can you please listen to feedbacks? Especially scan button position? Goddamn it.
Sophia Mileghere
Scandium Defense and Security Inc.
Sleeper Protocol
#67 - 2017-03-14 13:57:39 UTC
You make more and more bad changes like the new D-Scan.

Therefore I have a request:
Can you make all your new "great" stuff of the UI optional?
Barry Ryan
Dyslexics Are Teople POO
Lint Licker Cootie Queens
#68 - 2017-03-14 14:02:34 UTC
the range with rorq works but the m3 I mine is not with a hulk and a rorq boosting and getting only the amount of one strip not 2 when I am use 2
Shadowlance
Damsel Industries
#69 - 2017-03-14 14:03:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Shadowlance
All fine, but D-Scan.
As i've told before - add "use overwiev profile" EvilCHECKBOXEvil near the scan button as it was before! That is simply equivalent to "show all" when unchecked, and return back to my scan profile when it's checked.

Now It takes unacceptable long time to scroll all the overview presets to find one u need. And is located on the opposal side of the scan button = totally bad design.

P.S. Yes i've found 1-9 shortcuts to choose scan profile from overview tabs and it's good. BUT i don't use any of my tabs for direct scannig - so it's useless for me, i still forced to scroll my 20+ presets(and many people have much more) every time i need to check something not shown on current D-Scan profile Sad
Krah Kohrama
State War Academy
Caldari State
#70 - 2017-03-14 14:13:23 UTC
That's how amazing new scaner looks like on my monitor.

http://imgur.com/a/d7FW0

Find signatures.
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#71 - 2017-03-14 14:16:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
The "new" probe window is rubbish still, in addition to what I said earlier I just had the pleasure to try to find certain anomalies and right click the right lines. This is ******* annoying with the small bars instead of the fully filled row. These narrow barrs are bullcrap on the launcher and they are bullcrap in the probe scanning window. I thought we had hammered that into your thick skulls the last time you did the probe window rework!

Furthermore, scrolling to manipulate the size of the probe scan radius is also utterly inaccurate and takes way too much effort -- a lot more effort than grabbing the sphere with your mouse and reducing their size with a quick drag. And where has the time left on probes gone?

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Wokum
The Grey Eagles
#72 - 2017-03-14 14:24:03 UTC
How do I open just the dscan window without the map? And is there a way to get rid of some of the sounds, like maybe deleting those particular sound files?
William Carson
Cannabis Express
#73 - 2017-03-14 14:24:54 UTC
Why has the Dscan button moved to the bottom of the Dscan window?

I keep the Dscan window nested along with people & places and the probe scanning windows. Now when I have the Dscan window nested I have to move to the bottom of the window to scan. Then back to the top to switch tabs. Before it was right next to the window tabs.

I tried switching to the old Dscan, however the old Dscan does not nest.

Anyone else feel the same?

Are ccp going to move the Dscan button back to the top of the window?

altarnas alt
Doomheim
#74 - 2017-03-14 14:29:51 UTC
Inya Soldaris wrote:
I have a problem regarding my key bindings:

I binded my modules to the number keys 1-6(below the F1,F2,... keys).

As you may know you can change the filters with the same keys, which wasn't a problem before this patch since it only changed the filter if you had the dscan/probe window selected and then pressed one of the buttons.

Since the new patch it ALWAYS changes my filters. That means if I use a module it changes the dscan filter.

Any solution to this besides changing my key bindings(which is not acceptable of course)?

Btw this also means that you ALWAYS change filters of BOTH the Dscan and the Probe window if you press use one of the number keys. I don't think this is intendet.

I also found out that the numpad keys to change anything in the dscan/probe window.

I looked through all the key bindings options but found no way to make the number keys NOT change the filters. Sad

This really need to be fixed or atleast commented on... Can't play (wont rebind after all this time) and thus wont pay
Sp3ktr3
The Regency
The Monarchy
#75 - 2017-03-14 14:31:46 UTC
Gong 2.0: underwater edition needs to go. Every time I undock, or go through a stargate, or actually run a dscan the new sound effect rattles my skull. I can see you were going for some kind of underwater sonar thing but it's beyond terrible. It's actually worse than the original gong. I think this one contains infrasonic frequencies designed to drive humans mad.
Krah Kohrama
State War Academy
Caldari State
#76 - 2017-03-14 14:32:41 UTC
Old direct scan have been broken. Shows nothing. Nice.
Obil Que
Star Explorers
Solis Tenebris
#77 - 2017-03-14 14:32:46 UTC
CCP, regarding the 1-9 hotkeys. I'm out of game now but if this is related to the long standing issue where the signature list window would filter if the mouse was hovered over it even if you were typing in an unrelated box that had focus, then I refer you to EBR-54658 from November 2015 where I reported this and it was just closed with basically that hover supercedes focus in the UI.
I think maybe you need to rethink this now if the mouse position is what's influencing which hotkeys are used.
Elendor Xanadaph
Redwind Trading Facility
Brave Collective
#78 - 2017-03-14 14:33:20 UTC
"D scan sucks. Further reinforcing the fact that your developers don't play this game. "

I think this is exactly the problem.

The new D scan is non intuitive, things are too small and too spread out to see whats going on. In the old window everything you needed was only a glace at the top of the window. Why add in filters dropdown menu? It takes twice as long to get things done that the old system had in place. Just like Windows 10, stop burying things inside GUI menus, we want quick and simple.

There are no advantages to the new D scan over the old.

I switched back to the old system and its bugged, you can not D scan anything outside of 1 AU or so.

CCPlease stop changing things because your people need things to do, your not helping with people leaving the game by changing things that dont need to be changed.
Rainus Max
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#79 - 2017-03-14 14:33:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Rainus Max
Something weird seems to be going with the lights & fog generators in citadels

The super hanger is dark and foggier than Beijing on a bad day.
The both hangers seem to have a 5 year old messing around with the dimmer switch every now and again.
Myxx
The Scope
#80 - 2017-03-14 14:40:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Myxx
William Carson wrote:
Why has the Dscan button moved to the bottom of the Dscan window?

I keep the Dscan window nested along with people & places and the probe scanning windows. Now when I have the Dscan window nested I have to move to the bottom of the window to scan. Then back to the top to switch tabs. Before it was right next to the window tabs.

I tried switching to the old Dscan, however the old Dscan does not nest.

Anyone else feel the same?

Are ccp going to move the Dscan button back to the top of the window?

I agree, please fix the dscan window and put the buttons back at the top where they should be and should not have moved from.

Try logging in every now and then and actually playing with the crap ui. And then fix it so that it isn't garbage.