These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Amarr Response for Aridia

Author
Casserina Leshrac
Sanguine Illuminations
#61 - 2017-02-21 19:43:51 UTC
Rodj Blake wrote:
It would make sense to also quarantine the whole station.

Should this outbreak spread, it will be Genolution and the SoCT who will be held responsible.

Just before you comment more about this Mr. Blake.

I seem to recall some of your responses in regards to the Jovians

I won't be defending the commentator concerning this matter. However a strike against SoCT may raise the ire of the Directorate even though they are no longer part of CONCORD.

Just a friendly little reminder.

We stand at the Abyss, drawing the Patterns of Fate - Casserina Leshrac, Savant, Sani Sabik.

Aria Jenneth
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#62 - 2017-02-21 20:10:08 UTC
Casserina Leshrac wrote:
However a strike against SoCT may raise the ire of the Directorate even though they are no longer part of CONCORD.

Well-- the Directorate might not really be a going concern anymore. I'm not sure that matters all that much, though; the SOCT apparently used to be the Jovian government in the first place, I think?

(A theocracy, I think? I can't help imagining it as a little bit what might happen if the Elder Visionaries on Achura actually had a meaningful amount of power.)

Basically, they are the Directorate, or maybe just its heirs.

Anyway, has anybody actually struck against the SOCT lately, aside from blowing up Mentor Raish's Gnosis that one time? It seems like something we'd have heard about.
Casserina Leshrac
Sanguine Illuminations
#63 - 2017-02-21 21:11:09 UTC
It's only reminder as to when the last time when an Amarr suggested attacking anything Jove.

And if I recall after Mentor Raish was attacked, Drifters attacked and killed Empress Jamyl I

We stand at the Abyss, drawing the Patterns of Fate - Casserina Leshrac, Savant, Sani Sabik.

Lunarisse Aspenstar
Khimi Harar
#64 - 2017-02-21 21:13:51 UTC
Casserina Leshrac wrote:
It's only reminder as to when the last time when an Amarr suggested attacking anything Jove.

And if I recall after Mentor Raish was attacked, Drifters attacked and killed Empress Jamyl I

And 1 + 1 = 2. That will not be forgotten.
Casserina Leshrac
Sanguine Illuminations
#65 - 2017-02-21 21:26:46 UTC
Let's hope not. I would think Imperial Planners would have learned their lessons now after tangling with Jove (and their ilk).

Alizabeth Vea
Doomheim
#66 - 2017-02-21 21:32:07 UTC
I bet I can take them.

Retainer of Lady Newelle and House Sarum.

"Those who step into the light shall be redeemed, the sins of their past cleansed, so that they may know salvation." -Empress Jamyl Sarum I

Virtue. Valor. Victory.

Casserina Leshrac
Sanguine Illuminations
#67 - 2017-02-21 21:54:06 UTC
Alizabeth Vea wrote:
I bet I can take them.

And they call us "insane" Lol

Aldrith Shutaq
Atash e Sarum Vanguard
#68 - 2017-02-21 23:58:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Aldrith Shutaq
I, too, could win a fight against a corpse.

The last anyone has heard from any true Jove was when they handed their seat on CONCORD to the Society. There cannot be more than a handful of them left, if any at all. Their space lies in ruins, with no functioning stargate system, and there has been nary a peep from them even when we knew their territory was being ravaged by the Sansha or when Caroline's Star erupted.

The Jove are gone, as is their relevance to this discussion.

Aldrith Ter'neth Shutaq Newelle

Fleet Captain of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Lord Consort of Lady Mitara Newelle, Champion of House Sarum and Holder of Damnidios Para'nashu

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#69 - 2017-02-22 00:22:36 UTC
Aldrith Shutaq wrote:

The last anyone has heard from any true Jove was when they handed their seat on CONCORD to the Society. There cannot be more than a handful of them left, if any at all. Their space lies in ruins, with no functioning stargate system, and there has been nary a peep from them even when we knew their territory was being ravaged by the Sansha or when Caroline's Star erupted.

Allegedly...

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Casserina Leshrac
Sanguine Illuminations
#70 - 2017-02-22 16:40:48 UTC
Aldrith Shutaq wrote:

The Jove, whatever their reasons decided to leave CONCORD.

But in case those want to indulge themselves in battle with them.

For a Dead Race they seem to have some fight left in them and they don't seem to need jump gates since their entire network is down and they can still travel.

Karmilla Strife
Khimi Harar
#71 - 2017-02-22 16:56:57 UTC
You seem a bit confused about the timeline of events Miss Leshrac. The Battle of Vak'atioth was over a century ago. It occured seventeen years before the Jovians helped found Concord and long before they withdrew. It would be an understatement to say that a lot has changed since the Amarr-Jove war.
Gaven Lok'ri
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#72 - 2017-02-22 17:28:09 UTC
Having lived through most of those years, I can also say from experience that the development of weapons technology in the last century has been advancing at a rather stupendous rate compared to previous centuries.

The Amarrian Admirals at Vak'atioth were complacent and secure in the fact that the only challenge to Amarrian naval power up to that point had been rogue Amarrian naval units. You can rest assured that those of us who grew up in the shadow of that battle have learned its lessons rather well.

Admiral of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore 24th Imperial Crusade

Holder. Vassal of the Emperor Family

Casserina Leshrac
Sanguine Illuminations
#73 - 2017-02-22 18:20:20 UTC
I think you all presume too much.

I can agree with Mr. Lok'ri's assessment that the Amarr have are indeed complacent.

Arrogant too.

Perhaps I am wrong, but was there ever a battle where the Empire fought and Jove and won?

Aldrith Shutaq
Atash e Sarum Vanguard
#74 - 2017-02-22 18:36:41 UTC
You seem to be missing the point, blooder.

The only battle ever fought with the Jove was Vak'atioth, more than one hundred years ago. No other nation has ever challenged them, except perhaps Sansha's Nation in the Jove's final moments of dire weakness, but that cannot be confirmed.

You also seem to have completely ignored everything that has been said about the Jove Directorate's current state.

You also ignored the Admiral Lok'ri's use of the past tense. The Empire learns from its mistakes. It would not be standing right now if it did not.

Lord Consort of Lady Mitara Newelle, Champion of House Sarum and Holder of Damnidios Para'nashu

Ayallah
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#75 - 2017-02-22 18:53:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Ayallah
Most of why people consider the Jove to be all powerful is because they defeated the Empire at Vak'atioth. Now a hundred years later a Sanist parasite talks of hubris and complacency.

Any capsuleer can do the same thing those Jovian ships did to a comparable baseliner fleet these days but is the Empire you think is behind the times.

Goddess of the IGS

As strength goes.

Karmilla Strife
Khimi Harar
#76 - 2017-02-22 18:56:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Karmilla Strife
At the time of Vak'Atioth, the Jove had a monopoly on capsule technology. Almost every capsuleer has first hand experience with the advantage that gives when fighting baseliner commanded vessels. Either way the point is moot for multiple reasons, many of which have already been stated.

Edit: Ayallah beat me to it, but I'll keep my posting simply to echo the point.
Ashlar Vellum
Esquire Armaments
#77 - 2017-02-22 20:44:29 UTC
The outcome at Vak'atioth is actually phenomenal if you look at fleet compositions, overall numbers, tech that was used by both parties, engagement preparedness and other factors. It was a textbook perfect trap and they still manage to mess it up by losing 1/3rd of their fleet.
Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#78 - 2017-02-22 21:07:19 UTC
With due respect to my Amarrian peers, and with understanding of their antipathy to the Jove, I must say this. The Caldari State might not have survived, save for the gift of Capsule technology by the Jove to the Ishukone corporation.

While antipathy is understandable, it has been over a century since Vak'atioth. Do you really have such hatred for the Jove, moreso than for any other, even sometimes the Sabik?

Is it worth stoking such fiery hatred for an enemy already dead and gone, such that you'd cast even their progeny into fire? When that enemy has also done good?

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Casserina Leshrac
Sanguine Illuminations
#79 - 2017-02-22 22:47:13 UTC
In the intervening years there has indeed technological upgrades that would make our ancestors green with envy.

However while we can talk about Imperial Advances you overlook the obvious.

Theirs might have equally grown in power. In addition, do they not ply the void without the need of gates.

Tell me again about hubris?

Aldrith Shutaq
Atash e Sarum Vanguard
#80 - 2017-02-22 22:50:37 UTC
They're dead.