These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kyonoke] Contagion Tracking, Containment, Planning

Author
Aria Jenneth
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#301 - 2017-04-07 23:48:57 UTC
Morgana Tsukiyo wrote:
By now everyone would be used to the death and ressurection show that we capsuleers perform from time to time. Sure, some deaths are worse than others, but we have the best tech available to ensure we are not gone for long.

My main concern is for the crew and scientists that are not fortunate (nor rich) enough to have access to cloning tech. Hope their respective institutions had updated clones of them prior to the Inquest.

If any capsuleer does get infected, take the express way out of this body and get on a new one fast.

Direct cloning maybe contraindicated: neurological symptoms. Reversibility and extent of damage unclear.

Pseudo-immortality: strained a little.
Aria Jenneth
Khimi Harar
#302 - 2017-04-08 00:13:29 UTC
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
Aria Jenneth wrote:
The alarm just triggered: Kyonoke detected aboard. To probably nobody's great surprise.

It's a little hard to detect. I wonder how long it's been here.

Okay, this is starting to become a farce. Who writes this crap? No really, this is starting to look like poorly written fiction more than anything else.

New Eden's doing my bloody head in, I swear.

Hey, Miz? The view's a little different from over here.

Want to trade for a bit? Just a few days?
Morgana Tsukiyo
Samsara Dynamics
#303 - 2017-04-08 00:18:58 UTC
Aria Jenneth wrote:

Direct cloning maybe contraindicated: neurological symptoms. Reversibility and extent of damage unclear.

Pseudo-immortality: strained a little.

Well, at least i make sure that i have the most updated information stored whenever i leave my pod to avoid this exactly type of problem. As long as i do this, i have no issues with mortality.

But yes, if the ones infected have trouble with their transfer, better resort to the latest backup instead.

Join Project Transcendence.

Applied technology for the enhancement of human experience.

Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#304 - 2017-04-08 00:22:15 UTC
A more formal declaration will follow in coming days. As you can imagine, our staff is working long hours and so our publishing pace has slowed.

Today, ARC decisively supported the Caldari act for sovereignty and information integrity on containment over the Gallente act banning extreme measures to sanitize quarantine zones.

It is not ARC's desire to limit transparency. We believe all stakeholders benefit from free flow of information. However, we believe that we may need decisive action to cleanse the quarantine zones if we are unable to secure an effective treatment regime. In the interest of trying to prevent future crises of this sort, we were compelled to act against the Gallente measure.

It is our hope that a treatment regime may be developed and what survivors there are may be saved.

Hope, however, is not effective basis for policy.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Morgana Tsukiyo
Samsara Dynamics
#305 - 2017-04-08 00:30:10 UTC
Please invite everyone at the inquest to share the information they gather so we outside can look at the material and help with process in a more cool headed way.

With the information so far there are a lot of things suggesting foul play from unkown actors, imagine with all the info that is in there.

I hope we stay focused on the safe recovery and treatment of the population instead of political powerplay from the major factions.

James Syagrius
Luminaire Sovereign Solutions
#306 - 2017-04-08 01:20:29 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
Today, ARC decisively supported the Caldari act for sovereignty and information integrity on containment over the Gallente act banning extreme measures to sanitize quarantine zones.

In the interest of trying to prevent future crises of this sort, we were compelled to act against the Gallente measure.

Who would have thought?
Jaret Victorian
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
#307 - 2017-04-08 03:22:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Jaret Victorian
James Syagrius wrote:
Makoto Priano wrote:

In the interest of trying to prevent future crises of this sort, we were compelled to act against the Gallente measure.

Who would have thought?

Here is how it works.

There is a very cunning and malicious force in play that puts a lot of obstacles on the way of our investigators. A rogue agent, codename "Vulture", current affiliation unknown. He is actively sabotaging the Inquest and attempting to throw the investigation off course. So far a team of our investigators (big thanks to ARC Associates who decided to sign up with us at the event) has been extremely successful in a process of putting what little data we were able to retrieve and reconstruct to piece a more or less coherent picture of what is happening.

We have passed a resolution on vaccine application. It is very useful, partly because Minmatar have the vaccine. Overnight, there's been an attack on their lab and the vaccine was stolen and partly destroyed. This is "Vulture"'s doing. During the course of the day we were able piece some parts of it together and also the research data on it so we will be able to actually reconstruct it and apply to the infected according to the resolution.

The key to this is Patient 7, Akira Kasaras who disappeared from Minmatar lab under unknown circumstances. She was successfully cured of Kyonoke Plague. However, she is showing possible side effects of paranoia and excessive anger. According to the available data we have, we know she is still onboard, as is the "Vulture". "Vulture" is actively trying to eliminate her - they both were involved in the shootout at the Minmatar lab, according to the evidence we have. She is wounded right now and we are attempting to locate her. Considering the fact that we may have been exposed to Kyonoke ourselves, some of us don't care about personal safety, as you may imagine.

Today we helped pass the Caldari Resolution that still enables us to glass the quarantine zones if a need arises. If we locate Akira Kasaras, that may not be necessary, if we don't, then we are likely to be left out of a viable vaccine and by that point if things go even more sideways, we may just have one big tea ceremony. The thing is that extreme heat kills Kyonoke. Even if we successfully cure all remaining infected, we will still need to cleanse the infected areas to eliminate the possibility of another outbreak.

Personal vendettas against Amarr celebrities that other delegates try to pass with Gallente resolutions and Ex-CSM members trying to sabotage and steal Society equipment do not help resolve the situation. We are being actively sabotaged on all fronts by our fellow delegates and an extremely dangerous bioterrorist. As you may imagine, operating under such extreme conditions may be quite stressful. This is why it is important to not let nationalism take over and stay calm.
Hetu Hegirin
Doomheim
#308 - 2017-04-08 03:49:31 UTC
Jaret Victorian wrote:
James Syagrius wrote:
Makoto Priano wrote:

Who would have thought?

Here is how it works. [...]

Admittedly, Priano-haani issued a statement that left me disconcerted and disheartened. I had hoped for a commitment to science from ARC, which appeared to be set aside in order to cement isolationist information practices. Your explanation underscores my own ignorance of the Inquest process that SoCT have established, a process that is politicized from its very bones. This is regrettable, but not within our power to reform. We all must work within their framework during a volatile and deadly situation, and as a result, I cannot fault ARC for their decisions.

While you owed no explanation, your statement is informative and encouraging. Caution and clear thinking must prevail. Thank you, Victorian-haan.
Jaret Victorian
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
#309 - 2017-04-08 03:58:10 UTC
Hetu Hegirin wrote:

Admittedly, Priano-haani issued a statement that left me disconcerted and disheartened. I had hoped for a commitment to science from ARC, which appeared to be set aside in order to cement isolationist information practices. Your explanation underscores my own ignorance of the Inquest process that SoCT have established, a process that is politicized from its very bones. This is regrettable, but not within our power to reform. We all must work within their framework during a volatile and deadly situation, and as a result, I cannot fault ARC for their decisions.

While you owed no explanation, your statement is informative and encouraging. Caution and clear thinking must prevail. Thank you, Victorian-haan.

Thank you for your words. We apologize that we are unable to provide more details at the moment, but we assure you that we backup all available information and navigate the situation at the H4-RP4 facility with people's best interests in our minds.
Makoto Priano
#310 - 2017-04-08 07:32:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Makoto Priano
James Syagrius wrote:

The unfortunate thing is that we are not able to vote against resolutions, excepting that we support another; essentially, it's not A or Not-A and B or Not-B, but A or B. Were it possible, the ARC coordination group did not like either act, and would have rebuffed them both. However, it may be necessary to undertake extreme measures to eliminate the Kyonoke pathogen, especially if we are unable to secure Akira Kasaras before 'Vulture' does. The unfortunate and brutal necessity of preserving the ability to act decisively compelled us to this course of action, despite our desire to ensure transparency.

As such, while we will be unable to ensure transparency by the major powers, ARC will be providing a full update once the Inquest closes, with all available intelligence, rationales, and general developments of each day.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Makoto Priano
#311 - 2017-04-08 12:31:41 UTC
A note.

One of the most powerful other blocs is actually a single psychotic capsuleer with no desire but to spread chaos.

She's attempting to coopt ARC efforts, with the objective of... something? Possibly even just thwarting it for attention?

Whatever else happens, this vexes me.

Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#312 - 2017-04-08 12:35:30 UTC
So there's downsides to an inquest that is buy-in and only available to those with too much money, spare time and no other pressing duties. Who'dhavethunkit.
Morgana Tsukiyo
Samsara Dynamics
#313 - 2017-04-08 12:42:47 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
James Syagrius wrote:

The unfortunate thing is that we are not able to vote against resolutions, excepting that we support another; essentially, it's not A or Not-A and B or Not-B, but A or B. Were it possible, the ARC coordination group did not like either act, and would have rebuffed them both. However, it may be necessary to undertake extreme measures to eliminate the Kyonoke pathogen, especially if we are unable to secure Akira Kasaras before 'Vulture' does. The unfortunate and brutal necessity of preserving the ability to act decisively compelled us to this course of action, despite our desire to ensure transparency.

As such, while we will be unable to ensure transparency by the major powers, ARC will be providing a full update once the Inquest closes, with all available intelligence, rationales, and general developments of each day.

I read somewhere that you can make amends to the text so that is not A OR B, go for AB option.

Makoto Priano
#314 - 2017-04-08 13:12:59 UTC
Doing so is prohibitively expensive.

Ria Nieyli
Nieyli Enterprises
SL33PERS
#315 - 2017-04-08 14:42:38 UTC
Apparently, there's a Kyonoke outbreak onboard the inquest Keepstar.

Glass everything. It is the only way.
Lunarisse Aspenstar
Khimi Harar
#316 - 2017-04-08 15:02:05 UTC
Morgana Tsukiyo wrote:
Makoto Priano wrote:
James Syagrius wrote:

I read somewhere that you can make amends to the text so that is not A OR B, go for AB option.

According to a contact I have in the InQuest, the "SoCT have made it too expensive to offer that amendment" Whatever that means.
Lunarisse Aspenstar
Khimi Harar
#317 - 2017-04-08 15:04:07 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
Doing so is prohibitively expensive.

You are the second person to say this to me.

Can you explain?

Morgana Tsukiyo
Samsara Dynamics
#318 - 2017-04-08 15:28:42 UTC
Crowdfund the resources!

Tomorrow on The Scope: "Cheap capsuleer bastards dont want to spend resources to solve problems that major factions started. As usual, the population suffer. RIOTS and decapitaded heads from the upper and burocratic class everywhere."

Makoto Priano
#319 - 2017-04-08 16:48:34 UTC
ARC's funding is largely sourced by our various associates and members. We're in good stead at the moment, and believe the final day's actions will hopefully prove our dedication to transparency. The modification we wished for on the second day, however, would have prevented us from passing our preferred act.

A cure has been sourced and is in production, and our associates in space and in the station are attempting to ensure security as we attempt to completely secure the facility before conclusion of the Inquest.

Morgana Tsukiyo
Samsara Dynamics
#320 - 2017-04-08 16:51:02 UTC
There is a huge difference between:

- Hey, the tab for the proposal that is not binary will be 1 trillion isk, we don´t have it, give us moneys

and

- It´s expensive, won´t happen.