These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[December] Excavator Mining Drone yield rebalance

First post First post First post
Author
Baki Yuku
SUPERFLUOUS WANDERLUST
Triumvirate.
#21 - 2016-12-07 16:17:00 UTC
Tiberizzle wrote:
Baki Yuku wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey everyone. We've been keeping a close eye on how people are using the newly rebalanced Rorquals and it's been really exciting watching how well people have taken to the new gameplay.

We have decided that we need to make a tweak in our December release next Tuesday to adjust the balance of mining Rorquals and keep the mining economy in a healthy place.

We are planning two connected changes in this release:
  • Reducing the mining yield of 'Excavator' Mining Drones by 32%
  • Increasing the drop rates of the Elite Drone AI and Drone Coronary Unit rogue drone components

We are continuing to keep an eye on all aspects of gameplay around the mining foreman ships. I know some players are hoping that we would make adjustments to other areas of Rorqual gameplay (such as ewar use while the PANIC module is running) but we feel comfortable leaving those aspects alone for now and continuing to observe how the metagame evolves. We of course reserve the right to make more changes to this or any other aspects of the Rorqual in upcoming patches to keep the ecosystem in balance.

Thanks!


While I do not mind the nerf I do hope you'll increase the base speed a bit. To make mining rocks futher away more viable..


mfw agreeing with baki

if you're going to nerf the yield at least flatten the yield curve with distance some more, as enthralling as waiting 5 minutes to reposition is I don't think mining needs that kind of "depth"


I'm a fairly reasonable person always have been for the most part:) But ya the yield curve needs some serious adjustments especially with this 32% nerf. I think 300-400m/s base speed would be much more reasonable.
Markonius Porkbutte
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#22 - 2016-12-07 16:17:03 UTC
Sarin Blackfist wrote:
jack1974 wrote:
Might need a new module to Excavate the tears from some of these posts


We're 32% more salty today.


At least you can still scram someone and become invulnerable for 7 minutes cause that's totally fine.
michael chasseur
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#23 - 2016-12-07 16:17:12 UTC
eiedu wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

...
  • Reducing the mining yield of 'Excavator' Mining Drones by 32%

...


Would you share with us why a 32% reduction was chosen as opposed to something like 20%? Is there any math behind it?


I got a CCP 8-ball if that'll help.

10bil and i'll ship it to you.
Overman
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#24 - 2016-12-07 16:17:44 UTC
lol nerfed before people have even had a chance to recoup their investment. So many people are getting dicked by this lol.

GJ.

And a new generation of bitter vets are born..
SidewinderFang
Enlightened Industries
Goonswarm Federation
#25 - 2016-12-07 16:18:27 UTC
Raivi showing favouritism to his old Alliance once again.
michael chasseur
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#26 - 2016-12-07 16:18:44 UTC
VANMISTIK wrote:
Good thing that you're not nerfing the jump hictor that can also be immune to all damage for 7 minutes, that part is surely not broken.


ALL HANDS ON DECK
michael chasseur
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#27 - 2016-12-07 16:20:18 UTC
Overman wrote:
lol nerfed before people have even had a chance to recoup their investment. So many people are getting dicked by this lol.

GJ.

And a new generation of bitter vets are born..


Legit if you injected the 30ish days of skills to fly this thing thinking it wouldn't get nerfed, lol just lol
shackleton's endeavour
Oscar Tango
Voodoo Groove
#28 - 2016-12-07 16:21:34 UTC
I think CCP you are missing an oppertunity here in making mining a viable option for all those in 0.0/low sec and it creating each regions own trade hubs like the days of old. Why the change to 32% and say not 10/15/20% you got to keep the mining appealing to do otherwise people won't bother and revert back to other things that make max isk rather than be a pink fluffy miner Lol
Gaara's sniper
MLG1337420BlazeIt360TitanNoScopeCorporationSWAG
Goonswarm Federation
#29 - 2016-12-07 16:21:53 UTC
Hey Fozzie, when can i expect a fix to npc aggroing my heavy drones. I just want to afk rat in this damned 5bil pinyata but these npcs keep focusing my drones. Send help.
Baki Yuku
SUPERFLUOUS WANDERLUST
Triumvirate.
#30 - 2016-12-07 16:22:53 UTC
michael chasseur wrote:
Overman wrote:
lol nerfed before people have even had a chance to recoup their investment. So many people are getting dicked by this lol.

GJ.

And a new generation of bitter vets are born..


Legit if you injected the 30ish days of skills to fly this thing thinking it wouldn't get nerfed, lol just lol


This I injected right after release 4 pilots from zero and I expected it to be nerf'd but who cares already made back what I put in and more.
Lucas Quaan
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#31 - 2016-12-07 16:23:18 UTC
SidewinderFang wrote:
Raivi showing favouritism to his old Alliance once again.

I don't think you have seen our mining fleets. We just accept that this change was probably needed to reel in the crazy instead of crying about it on the forums.
Jade Mystique
Kokoblockers
#32 - 2016-12-07 16:23:18 UTC
Mostlyharmlesss wrote:
"Hey guys, null sec is finally getting the same ISK/hour as high sec Incursion runners, we can't have that"


can you make 400+ ml/Hour running incursion with a single account?
Klavas
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#33 - 2016-12-07 16:23:54 UTC
It amazes me that you see an issue with null sec mining rates yet see no issue with invulnerable neuting hictors that can jump 10LY.

How does leaving that mechanic in place help game play?
Querns
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#34 - 2016-12-07 16:24:23 UTC
Lucas Quaan wrote:
SidewinderFang wrote:
Raivi showing favouritism to his old Alliance once again.

I don't think you have seen our mining fleets. We just accept that this change was probably needed to reel in the crazy instead of crying about it on the forums.


Your mining fleets are positively adorable. :sun:

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Grognard Commissar
Wildly Inappropriate
Goonswarm Federation
#35 - 2016-12-07 16:25:26 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey everyone. We've been keeping a close eye on how people are using the newly rebalanced Rorquals and it's been really exciting watching how well people have taken to the new gameplay.

We have decided that we need to make a tweak in our December release next Tuesday to adjust the balance of mining Rorquals and keep the mining economy in a healthy place.

We are planning two connected changes in this release:
  • Reducing the mining yield of 'Excavator' Mining Drones by 32%
  • Increasing the drop rates of the Elite Drone AI and Drone Coronary Unit rogue drone components

We are continuing to keep an eye on all aspects of gameplay around the mining foreman ships. I know some players are hoping that we would make adjustments to other areas of Rorqual gameplay (such as ewar use while the PANIC module is running) but we feel comfortable leaving those aspects alone for now and continuing to observe how the metagame evolves. We of course reserve the right to make more changes to this or any other aspects of the Rorqual in upcoming patches to keep the ecosystem in balance.

Thanks!

can we at least disallow PANIC whilst an entosis link is active?
Querns
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#36 - 2016-12-07 16:25:36 UTC
For what it's worth, I pretty much agree that a rorqual mining nerf was needed. I just take issue with jump hictors,.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Querns
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#37 - 2016-12-07 16:27:59 UTC
Also, apropos to the actual mining nerf, could we increase the speed of excavators?

The primary method of mining with a rorqual is to siege right on top of the rock, because of the abysmal speed of excavators. If the drones were faster, it wouldn't be necessary to do this quite as much, and it wouldn't positively affect yield a whole lot.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Lustig Allas-Rui
Wildly Inappropriate
Goonswarm Federation
#38 - 2016-12-07 16:29:16 UTC
Grognard Commissar wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey everyone. We've been keeping a close eye on how people are using the newly rebalanced Rorquals and it's been really exciting watching how well people have taken to the new gameplay.

We have decided that we need to make a tweak in our December release next Tuesday to adjust the balance of mining Rorquals and keep the mining economy in a healthy place.

We are planning two connected changes in this release:
  • Reducing the mining yield of 'Excavator' Mining Drones by 32%
  • Increasing the drop rates of the Elite Drone AI and Drone Coronary Unit rogue drone components

We are continuing to keep an eye on all aspects of gameplay around the mining foreman ships. I know some players are hoping that we would make adjustments to other areas of Rorqual gameplay (such as ewar use while the PANIC module is running) but we feel comfortable leaving those aspects alone for now and continuing to observe how the metagame evolves. We of course reserve the right to make more changes to this or any other aspects of the Rorqual in upcoming patches to keep the ecosystem in balance.

Thanks!

can we at least disallow PANIC whilst an entosis link is active?


That is one of the few things a Rorqual can not do.
michael chasseur
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#39 - 2016-12-07 16:29:55 UTC
Jade Mystique wrote:
Mostlyharmlesss wrote:
"Hey guys, null sec is finally getting the same ISK/hour as high sec Incursion runners, we can't have that"


can you make 400+ ml/Hour running incursion with a single account?


If you cash out on the right thing at the right time, yes.
Retar Aveymone
DJ's Retirement Fund
Goonswarm Federation
#40 - 2016-12-07 16:31:46 UTC
Lucas Quaan wrote:
SidewinderFang wrote:
Raivi showing favouritism to his old Alliance once again.

I don't think you have seen our mining fleets. We just accept that this change was probably needed to reel in the crazy instead of crying about it on the forums.


THERE ARE DOZENS OF US

DOZENS