These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVEMon - The Open Source Character Planner - The Ashilta Era

First post
Author
Tonto Auri
Vhero' Multipurpose Corp
#81 - 2017-02-26 11:01:57 UTC
In attribute optimizer, "current" always excludes any remapping points set.
The explanation is thus simple: your current attributes are slightly better, than your defined remapping plan, but they can be improved.

Two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. -- Harlan Ellison

NeoIsTaken
Deep Space Combat Academy
#82 - 2017-02-27 21:34:48 UTC
Is there a manual anywhere? the help document is empty.

Why was I looking for the manual? what is the difference from an X and a O next to the skills.
Ix Method
Doomheim
#83 - 2017-02-28 10:22:37 UTC
NeoIsTaken wrote:
Why was I looking for the manual? what is the difference from an X and a O next to the skills.

Settings > Options > Skill Planner > Icons

Those?

Travelling at the speed of love.

Per Bastet
B.O.O.M
#84 - 2017-02-28 18:29:25 UTC
I just had to wipe and reinstall my computer and the Download link for Evemon is not working :(

is there a Mirror I can make use of?

"Whether the paranoid conspiracy theory community has had a separate trial process and decided other crazy batshit insane garbage was true I can't attest to as I don't subscribe to that mailing list and instead deal in the realm of fact."  - CCP Sreegs, 2013

Makalu Zarya
Rage and Terror
Against ALL Authorities
#85 - 2017-02-28 20:28:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Makalu Zarya
Per Bastet wrote:
I just had to wipe and reinstall my computer and the Download link for Evemon is not working :(

is there a Mirror I can make use of?

same here, dead link

works now (about 2 hours after my original post)
Tikhon Stallari
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2017-03-01 18:31:44 UTC
Much thanks for taking over EveMon!

I previously used the IGB Miniserver fairly heavily when it came time to adjust the queue. I've updated to Overwolf for game overlay browser functionality, but the IGB Miniserver (as the name suggests) only recognizes the IGB (presumably because it incorporated some proprietary functionality such as auto-detection of which character I was on). With the IGB gone, that server no longer provides anything other than a "please open this page in the IGB" message.

Would it be possible to remove the IGB-specific functionality and patch some of that old functionality back in? Something as simple and "bandaid"-like as a page that lists all characters first (so I can click on the right character instead of having it auto-detected) would be a big help. The other features were neat (opening in-game info windows, market windows, etc.), but I'd be extremely thankful if the core functionality (listing skills in a plan) came back.
Tonto Auri
Vhero' Multipurpose Corp
#87 - 2017-03-01 21:26:26 UTC
I don't see much "taking over", sorry.

Two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. -- Harlan Ellison

Vixen Vix
Hack the Planets
#88 - 2017-03-03 21:24:59 UTC
o/

Because last release was on 2016-12-03 and there was nice fix for Alphas on 6 Dec 2016 (merged 15 Dec), yesterday I compiled the 3.0.3ad from https://github.com/evemondevteam/evemon for my Corp.
Credits for the fix go to Erutor https://github.com/evemondevteam/evemon/pull/44

Binary is available here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5ViCeJX3bbhY1NEbTJtTTFaZDQ

Does it contain virus or other malware? NO.
That's why it's hosted on GDrive and not some shady site. GDrive scans for malware automatically.

Fixes:

• Alpha Clones training times
  • Introduces Alpha/Omega account status (cosmetic change)

If you're Omega you can skip this release.

; Generated by QuickSFV v2.36 on 2017-03-03 at 02:13:43
; http://www.QuickSFV.org
;
;      7074611  22:28.18 2017-03-02 EVEMon-install-3.0.3ad.exe
58056bbbec6bfd5e352d8657898bc73d *EVEMon-install-3.0.3ad.exe

Asian Driver
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2017-03-08 13:30:11 UTC
Violette Tremere wrote:
Asian Driver wrote:
I see an issue in regards to contracts and citadels crashing. I am having a problem where I don't even see my contract in evemon. I make contracts for the corp, but there is nothing shown in the window. I just had a notification that said that one contract needed attention, so I know it's working on the backend. I have v3.0.3 and I double checked my api to make sure it has everything. And it's only on this char where it doesn't show anything in the contract window.

Where else can I start looking to see if I'm not patched properly or something silly I missed?

That's probably because your contracts are in a citadel. EvEmon can't handle citadels (yet).

I can try that, but now when I mouse over on the contracts notification it crashes evemon. Oh and eve says I have so many skill points and evemon says I have about 200,000 more than I actually do. Since this is a skillpoint farming character that's kind of a big deal. I wonder if it's just that character that's all messed up. I cleared the settings and re-imported all of my APIs. Oh and speaking of other characters why is eve saying one alpha has 20h of training left but the game says I have 1d and 17h?
Asian Driver
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#90 - 2017-03-08 16:55:57 UTC
Vixen Vix wrote:
o/

Because last release was on 2016-12-03 and there was nice fix for Alphas on 6 Dec 2016 (merged 15 Dec), yesterday I compiled the 3.0.3ad from https://github.com/evemondevteam/evemon for my Corp.
Credits for the fix go to Erutor https://github.com/evemondevteam/evemon/pull/44

Binary is available here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5ViCeJX3bbhY1NEbTJtTTFaZDQ

This update fixed the training time discrepancy and the crashing when using the contracts, it narrows the gap between the difference in skill points that Eve and EveMon says I have, but it still doesn't show any of the contracts that are up in the citadel. But you know about that so I'd say that this is a fairly large victory.
Messenger Of Truth
Butlerian Crusade
#91 - 2017-03-10 15:05:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Messenger Of Truth
Vixen Vix wrote:
o/

Mate, if you're interested in doing a bit of work on it, just fork it on github and put a release out there, cos all Ashilta does is write long stories about why he's not really done anything since he got himself appointed maintainer, and then begs for donations. It could always be merged back into the main branch if a motivated maintainer turns up. Which could even be you.

Trade Hub Price Checker: stop.hammerti.me.uk/pricecheck

Visit "Haulers Channel" in game for all matters courier-related.

Structure name/system API: stop.hammerti.me.uk/api

Tonto Auri
Vhero' Multipurpose Corp
#92 - 2017-03-10 21:44:16 UTC
+1 to that.

Vixen Vix
Hack the Planets
#93 - 2017-03-16 01:59:58 UTC
Messenger Of Truth wrote:

Mate, if you're interested in doing a bit of work on it, just fork it on github and put a release out there, [...] Which could even be you.

I would if I could. I don't know why you assumed that I'm .NET developer.
Tonto Auri
Vhero' Multipurpose Corp
#94 - 2017-03-16 12:06:33 UTC
Nobody said that.
He just asked you to contribute on GitHub, where your work could be used more easily by future developers to support the project.

Messenger Of Truth
Butlerian Crusade
#95 - 2017-03-21 21:34:21 UTC
Vixen Vix wrote:
Messenger Of Truth wrote:

Mate, if you're interested in doing a bit of work on it, just fork it on github and put a release out there, [...] Which could even be you.

I would if I could. I don't know why you assumed that I'm .NET developer.

I freely admit that I did assume you know a bit about .NET, on the basis that you were able to compile the software!

The comment was intended as gentle encouragement really.

Trade Hub Price Checker: stop.hammerti.me.uk/pricecheck

Visit "Haulers Channel" in game for all matters courier-related.

Structure name/system API: stop.hammerti.me.uk/api

kardjaval
Curtana Joyeuse and Durendal Security
#96 - 2017-03-22 17:14:21 UTC
My evemon is not pulling market data to give me a value estimate of my items, and i cna't seem to force a market data update either. any ideas how tor esolve this?
Linus Gorp
Ministry of Propaganda and Morale
#97 - 2017-03-30 07:20:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Linus Gorp
EVEmon crashes when loading more than 80 characters.. Ideas how to work around that? Roll

Edit: Overview tab disabled, I get exactly 80 tabs until the crash (26 API keys with 3 characters each [78 characters], adding the 27th adds two more tabs, then the application hangs for 2-3 seconds and closes).

Edit2: Installed Evemon multiple times now and copied the settings.xml into each installation directory and made sure I stay in bounds concerning characters.. That fixed it for now..
Maybe I have too many alts..

When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.

Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#98 - 2017-04-11 10:07:43 UTC
Linus Gorp wrote:
EVEmon crashes when loading more than 80 characters.. Ideas how to work around that? Roll

Edit: Overview tab disabled, I get exactly 80 tabs until the crash (26 API keys with 3 characters each [78 characters], adding the 27th adds two more tabs, then the application hangs for 2-3 seconds and closes).

Edit2: Installed Evemon multiple times now and copied the settings.xml into each installation directory and made sure I stay in bounds concerning characters.. That fixed it for now..
Maybe I have too many alts..

I am currently having this same issue atm. Atm when I load it just crashes before I can even do anything with it or delete characters to transfer them around at all. Trying to mod the xml file but so far no such luck as it keeps opening the same old tabs. If I can just pare it down a bit I can just open the file and get rid of some API keys and it should be fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

sero Hita
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#99 - 2017-04-13 14:39:03 UTC  |  Edited by: sero Hita
Is there any other software out there to keep track of market orders without logging in, because Evemon seems to die the whole time if you seed in citadels.. I have happily used Evemon for many years, unfortunately it is now mostly useless to due all the crashes when sync. with my characters at the beginning, meaning I have to restart and loose the information of which orders were depleted. It seems like the Dev has sunken into the sand, so If some one knows some alternatives to this dead software I would be happy to know. If it is against the forum rules to mention competition in this thread, pls, just pm me. Thx in advance

"I'm all for pvp, don't get me wrong. I've ganked in Empire, blobed in low sec. Got T-shirts from every which-where.. But to be forced into a pvp confrontation that I didn't want is wrong ccp." RealFlisker

Slavyn Austrene
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#100 - 2017-04-14 13:05:33 UTC
You can add Russian language in the program. In the SDE file there is a description in Russian.

Можно добавить русский язык в программу. В файлах SDE есть описание на русском языке.