These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Ascension - General feedback (PC)

First post First post
Author
Marlene Dakenek
Devid Ventures
#381 - 2016-11-16 10:51:46 UTC
Skill sheet sucks.

Aura sounds cheap and too happy.

I don't want to see yellow borders when subscribed.
Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#382 - 2016-11-16 10:52:09 UTC
New Aura sucks, please bring the old back or offer several voice packs like many other games do.

New Aura is just like a slightly annoyed and bored woman talking to me. I'm pretty sure EVE players don't need even more of that in their lives :p

Old Aura sounded like a nice but synthetic computer voice, which is exactly how my spaceship should talk to me!

Zhothaqquah
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#383 - 2016-11-16 10:59:57 UTC
Excoecaria Agallocha wrote:
It occurred to me I might be waiting awhile for a response to my support ticket my launcher gives the error my e-mail address is not supported....

It almost like that Dilbert cartoon where they have to send an e-mail to let IT know that the e-mail server is down...

And I can't log in to my account to change my e-mail either.

I'm with you. Had that feeling last night when I couldn't log in and play.

My issue (I'm sure I'm not the only one who'll admit it) is that I don't follow the dev blogs or pre-patch announcements. I just want to log in and play internet spaceships like I'm paying to. So CCP, imagine my surprise and extreme frustration last night, when after a long and stressful day at work earning the money I'm eventually going to turn over to you, to find I can't log into the game I've paid to play for years because you idiots implemented some ridiculous email authentication system that clearly was untested. The email was supposed to arrive in 10 minutes. It never did. I submitted a help ticket as I was instructed to and got the standard format letter response, instead of the help that I deserve to get as a paying customer.

Everyone else seems to be bitching, whining and griping about the voice!? To hell with the damn voice! How about CCP making sure that the **** they roll out isn't going to negatively impact their paying player base ability to log in and play?! The email that was supposed to take ten minutes ended up taking over 5 damn hours to hit my inbox, well after I'd given up hope and had gone to bed for the evening.

Will I get anything from CCP for the disruption in my service that they caused? CCP you have a very successful game going for yourselves. It's been going good for 13 years. But server pop is steadily dropping and I suspect it has a lot to do with not keeping your customers happy. Would you like to see another 13 years?
Swind
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#384 - 2016-11-16 11:05:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Swind
Pls bring back the old aura voice as a option. The new aura sounds like a cartoon char .
A female Speedy Gonzales maybe?

Is there any way check skill ranks and sp needed for skills like in old UI? I missing it.:(
Excoecaria Agallocha
Plantae Malum
#385 - 2016-11-16 11:05:20 UTC
Zhothaqquah wrote:
Excoecaria Agallocha wrote:
It occurred to me I might be waiting awhile for a response to my support ticket my launcher gives the error my e-mail address is not supported....

It almost like that Dilbert cartoon where they have to send an e-mail to let IT know that the e-mail server is down...

And I can't log in to my account to change my e-mail either.

I'm with you. Had that feeling last night when I couldn't log in and play.

My issue (I'm sure I'm not the only one who'll admit it) is that I don't follow the dev blogs or pre-patch announcements. I just want to log in and play internet spaceships like I'm paying to. So CCP, imagine my surprise and extreme frustration last night, when after a long and stressful day at work earning the money I'm eventually going to turn over to you, to find I can't log into the game I've paid to play for years because you idiots implemented some ridiculous email authentication system that clearly was untested. The email was supposed to arrive in 10 minutes. It never did. I submitted a help ticket as I was instructed to and got the standard format letter response, instead of the help that I deserve to get as a paying customer.

Everyone else seems to be bitching, whining and griping about the voice!? To hell with the damn voice! How about CCP making sure that the **** they roll out isn't going to negatively impact their paying player base ability to log in and play?! The email that was supposed to take ten minutes ended up taking over 5 damn hours to hit my inbox, well after I'd given up hope and had gone to bed for the evening.

Will I get anything from CCP for the disruption in my service that they caused? CCP you have a very successful game going for yourselves. It's been going good for 13 years. But server pop is steadily dropping and I suspect it has a lot to do with not keeping your customers happy. Would you like to see another 13 years?

I think CCP tested it, just e-mail arrives pretty quick when its to an internal server that doesn't treat a swarm of messages with codes in it as some kind of spam flood. I want to know how my e-mail address could be verified, but not 'supported'. It would have helped if this fact was made apparent before the 2FA was made mandatory and I could have resolved the issue myself. I'm sure CCP has other things they'd rather be doing.
Ion Blacknight
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#386 - 2016-11-16 11:22:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Ion Blacknight
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
The problem is not the character sheet.

The problem is the person who keeps letting these changes go through in states that are inferior to what they are replacing.

That person has been slowly killing this game since the changes to the inventory system, and many papercuts since.

Until that person is ejected, not even the simplest and most fundamental parts of the game are safe.

+1

Some ideas may look good at first glance as a one off, but do not stand up to repeated play and soon become very annoying. For example:

- The docking animation. This is all the more annoying because I am waiting to orientate my ship so as not to see...

- The distracting videos projected in the stations. Please give us toggles to eliminate both.

- The warp tunnel animation when taking gates. I close my eyes.

- The flashing target and X animation for destroyed ships.

Aura's new voice falls into this category. Hear it once, okay. Hear it 100 times a day, no.

War reports: Blacknight active

Don Pera Saissore
#387 - 2016-11-16 11:28:10 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
The problem is not the character sheet.

The problem is the person who keeps letting these changes go through in states that are inferior to what they are replacing.

That person has been slowly killing this game since the changes to the inventory system, and many papercuts since.

Until that person is ejected, not even the simplest and most fundamental parts of the game are safe.

Yeah i get the felling they never fired that pssssssshhhhhhh guy.
Do Nut
Caldari State
#388 - 2016-11-16 11:29:07 UTC
Ion Blacknight wrote:
Aura's voice was the soul of Eve.

This!

Happiness

is a way of travelling

not a destination.

Edward Olmops
Gunboat Commando
#389 - 2016-11-16 12:08:26 UTC
On request of CCP Falcon I now dislike the new Aura voice on this thread.

It's not everything new that is bad, just this bit in particular.
As a veteran I have not seen the new New Player Experience. Hopefully Aura's performance there is convincing. But please let her redo some of the generic voice messages. LolWup drive activeLol is terrible.
AnzacPaul
Tactical Farmers.
Pandemic Horde
#390 - 2016-11-16 12:10:11 UTC
How come you can no longer hover over a module and see if it will fit on your ship anymore?

It used to show the CPU/Grid usage, now you have to try and fit the module before you know if you've got enough CPU/Grid left.......

General Lynch
Silent Majority.
Aspartame.
#391 - 2016-11-16 12:27:45 UTC
Do Nut wrote:
Ion Blacknight wrote:
Aura's voice was the soul of Eve.

This!

This
Nankeen Heron
Jim's Mowing
#392 - 2016-11-16 12:34:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Nankeen Heron
+1. The new voice is much too much "Eddie" than "Marvin":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo4Wi6-XHL4

Space gophers!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiD_lGRkSmU!
General Lynch
Silent Majority.
Aspartame.
#393 - 2016-11-16 12:46:02 UTC  |  Edited by: General Lynch
to Be honest I don't think they will listen.
Sterling Paradox
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#394 - 2016-11-16 12:46:49 UTC
Raw Matters wrote:
Jeven HouseBenyo wrote:
CCPlease, I'll make you a deal.

I don't get you guys. Why would you want to make a deal with someone you pay for doing something you want? That's like telling a car dealer "Ok the car doesn't work, but if you give me a free car wash I'll let it slip."

That's not how it works. You are not a slave to CCP. You are not obliged to pay for this game. It is the other way around: they are obliged to deliver a game that you consider worth paying for. You are very much allowed to make demands when you hand them your monthly fee and with that essentially pay a fraction of their salary. And if they do something that offends the majority of the players, then you politely say "Thank you, but no thanks. Now fix it." And if they refuse to change it back, you in response refuse to pay them any further. And if they realize you are serious about your demands, things suddenly change. Because: guess how many people at CCP will receive a salary in December if all players spontaneously quit.

Totally agree. I already let my 4 accounts lapse because I refiuse to pay money for the privilidge of looking at the new skill window. xD
Anna Maria Yolo
Neutron Blaster Solutions
#395 - 2016-11-16 12:47:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Anna Maria Yolo
CCP guys, I'm getting angry.

Yesterday I received the following information while trying log-in:

https://zapodaj.net/561c5268a2ca6.jpg.html

I cannot log in on the few, but not all accounts connected to this address email. I have got frozen assets from my indusrty line on one of these accounts. Without one of these accounts all my industrial chars are useless. I maintain active accounts, but cannot use them.

Please tell me deadline of a very complicated task - sending a verification code at the gmail address.
I know that not all the providers are able to send the email at the gmail address, but I'm sure that in the whole world there are at least a few who still can do this very specialized work.

I'm really angry, because last time I waited 90 days for your response and fixing the obvious mistake. That problem reffered to one of my toons. This one affects all my accounts not toon and a compensation (sorry man, here is 14 days of game time as a compensation) will be insufficient, because I just cannot set the training queue, use cerebral accelerators and use assets frozen on these accounts.
Belinda Hawke
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#396 - 2016-11-16 12:48:20 UTC
Sophia Mileghere wrote:
Can you bring the old voice back?

This
Sandor Kurovsky
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#397 - 2016-11-16 12:50:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Sandor Kurovsky
So far, things to note:

The launcher fails to remember my accounts once it is closed. Each time I open it, I have to re-add my accounts.

The new voice of Aura:

At first I wasn't sure what "that noise" was that I kept hearing. I couldn't make out what it was saying because:
1) it was speaking too fast
2) the enunciation was extremely poor
3) the tone of the voice was too high pitched

So, slow it down & make it a lower tone and for heaven's sake, ENUNCIATE!

The remodel of the character sheet is not user friendly. Too many tabs with poorly worded descriptions of what is in them (some are either misleading or use terminology that is unfamiliar/new/different. There seems to be no logical organization of what information is where. Especially bad is the skill tab. Mousing over something pops up information that is not pertinent and covers up too much of the window so I can't see a lot of other information.

For whatever reason, when I open the ship fitting window, it does NOT show me the fitting of the active ship. It always opens to whatever ship I was last looking at. I then have to toggle the open/close simulation mode to get it to display the active ship fit.

The fitting window has a bunch of new icons on it which are not obvious in what they represent; the little wrench that is labeled "browser" is the worst terminology blunder I have found so far. It is NOT a browser. It is a SIDEBAR. You're just going to confuse people who remember a browser as being the in-game WEB browser which everyone knows was recently removed from the game all together. Just call it what it is.....a SIDEBAR.

Also, what happened to the STRIP FITTING button? I had to hunt around for quite a while I figure out how to strip my modules.

Why do you now have two separate clickable areas on the character icon display which used to open different data windows but now both open the same window? Maybe just get rid of the clickable skill queue part of the character icon?

Shouldn't the combat log be in the history tab instead of the interactions tab? There is no obvious reason to have it in the interactions tab. As a matter of fact, the interactions tab should only have 1 item in it that cannot be obviously located in another tab by association....so why not just eliminate that tab?

Almost forgot about this other item: I cannot click on a station to target it while in space. Although I can target it from my scanner window, it's a pretty BIG thing in space.....shouldn't I be able to target it while I'm looking at it? I kept trying and trying to click all over various areas of the station trying to get it to target, but to no avail. It isn't related to just one type of station, either.
Serenol Marwysgar
DadTZ
#398 - 2016-11-16 12:51:16 UTC
Feedback on NPE:

I like it. I ran it last night on a new Alpha account. The story was good. The voice acting was sufficient (I've heard worse from lesser games.) The threat and action was good. Overall, it teaches you the basics without having to do a lot of boring reading right from the start. Honestly, if the current Career Agents got this kind of make over, then it would be a very well laid out NPE.

My issue is the pacing. There were a couple times when my objective would be 60+ KM away, and my little Ibis doesn't fly *that* fast. The waiting around to get from Point A to Point B detracted, and immediately conveyed a sense of, "so all EVE is is flying huge distances? Lame. Quit."

I was also a little miffed at the ISK rewards. It felt like I was doing a lot of work for not as much gain - no desirable modules (like, even basic Tech 1, or non-reprocessable T1 equilivant gear?), and the small couple hundred thousand was just that - small.

I noticed a timing gap between the 'make an analyzer' job to complete and the speed of the text. I might have zoomed ahead, but i almost undocked, forgetting i need the analyzer to complete the job.

I was also annoyed that the tutorial didn't go into ship insurance! Such a critical part of the game, would be one small extra line in the NPE, and would net someone something when, at the end, your ship explodes (unexpectedly!) Knowing how to use Ship Insurance would mean I'd feel I got a little something for my "noble" "sacrifice." It would also continue the lesson into the career agents, where you're asked to suicide a couple ships. I head to learn through chat or such to insure my ships before the missions to get, basically, free ISK. Again, small reward for huge emotional gain.

The end battle was really cool though! I think, however, the capital at the end needs to actually move (it just kinda rolled around in the same spot for me.) I'm being told to web it to slow it, but there was nothing visible as an effect. Also, turn the HP up and let the NPCs do some of the damage too. The rest of the battle was very well done though (except, as said, the "your ship explodes" at the end. If I'd known that, I'd have not over fitted it, and insured it.)

I'd also like to see a change to expand the "how to use the skill queue" window. It asks me to slot one skill that takes almost an hour to complete. Start with something that takes a few minutes, and suggest adding XYZ other skills to get people used to navigating the window and adding more than one thing. Show how the queue works.

Lastly, I hope there's some quick follow up to the NPE. I recall seeing a comment before the patch that worried after the NPE, you're dropped right into...well everything. And that was true. It doesn't feel natural that you go from defeating the drifer hive, a huge accomplishment, to the career agents and their.....blow up this pirate. Now come back. No ferry this cargo. Now come back.

While I see you were looking to align the NPE to the Alpha clone rollout - I'd have been OK if you'd waited, revammped the entire NPE to gradually build a new player's rewards and more in-depth experience in the various areas of the game (coming out of the NPE, there was a lot I knew that wasn't even mentioned!) before dumping them into the rest of the 'verse. As a new player, I'd fight the drifters, maybe slog through the Career Agents (learning...not that much useful stuff - especially when it comes to 'business' and 'industry'), and then.....? Part of me likes being told what to do - so sending me off to the SoE story arc would be a start at least. Build into that some natural hi-sec cooperation where to complete some mission you need to fleet (no friendly fire) up and take out a target (granted, I hit a wall with SoE over a year ago. While I'm skilled for it now, i've just not yet gone back - so maybe this already is the case).

EVE is a big game, and the NPE needs to be proportionally bigger and thorough. It's a great start, just keep building on it.
Bob Hawke
Applied Force
#399 - 2016-11-16 13:03:47 UTC
Terrorfrodo wrote:
New Aura sucks, please bring the old back or offer several voice packs like many other games do.

New Aura is just like a slightly annoyed and bored woman talking to me. I'm pretty sure EVE players don't need even more of that in their lives :p

Old Aura sounded like a nice but synthetic computer voice, which is exactly how my spaceship should talk to me!

Completely agree. New voice is seriously annoying.
Fault24x
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#400 - 2016-11-16 13:30:32 UTC
Genii Cucullati wrote:
Ridjobradi wrote:
Really instead of calm semi cold robotic voice you brought us, (pardon my french), UK nervous whore sound as Aura voice... no no no dear CCP that wont work.. after 10y ill rather remember how good game was instead to listen watch and play this! Thank you very much it was fun, but you like too much to ruin what was perfect. Rollback voice!!!

They were unable to get the original voice actress for Aura. Therefore they had to find a new one.

**** happens when you go into production. Give them a break.

I would agree with this to an extent however... unless you are using one of the Executives 15 year old kids doing it for free you should have hired voice talent that can emulate voice inflections, phrasings and timing. Any voice actor worth their salt could have emulated the old Aura voice and with proper processing it could have been so close that no one would be bitching about it.

As it stands now it sucks.... period, paragraph, end of story.