These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Market Price History Graphs

First post First post
Author
CCP Antiquarian
C C P
C C P Alliance
#41 - 2016-10-25 10:14:54 UTC
Thanks, Elange4! I'll take a look today.

"Singularity pilots are helpful pilots."

@CCP_Antiquarian - for immediate fulfillment of your archaic social media needs.

Sky Marshal
State War Academy
Caldari State
#42 - 2016-10-29 15:55:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Sky Marshal
Hello,

After few weeks, I must say that this new iteration is not as great that I thought. In fact, it is less practical and confusing.

First, as previous posters said, the negative ISK part of the axis is useless and should be removed. But more importantly, I have hard time to use the graph properly because of the way it is displayed. An exemple with this screenshot of an officer item (Core X-Type Armor Thermal Hardener)
http://imgur.com/DgBXGmQ

At left, it is what the game show, without any modification apart the timeframe and date. On first spot, the main graph gives the impression that this item don't have any real fluctuations of price, but I can see that it is contradictory with the second graph below and with the ISK axis. Still, the first impression is that the price is going down SLOWLY because the game included the anomaly of 2016-01-21 (420 M).

After zooming a few, and so removing the influence of the anomaly, I get what the game SHOULD show me in the first place. Obviously, I won't have the same analysis than before. Yes, the price is going down but there are many severe price fluctuations and so I have to adapt from them (or take advantage of, whatever).

The right exemple (zoomed) is useful, the left one (game) is useless. And this is only one exemple, there are many situations like this all the time and so I begin to avoid using the market graph because the displayed informations are confusing. I can zoom but it is not practical and it becomes annoying after a moment.

You need to make sure that the player get something closer of the right exemple out-of-the-box.
Soltys
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#43 - 2016-10-30 09:14:51 UTC
So are any (and which ones) of the issues pointed out in this thread getting addressed (with target date of Ascension release in particular) ?

Jita Flipping Inc.: Kovl & Kuvl

CCP Antiquarian
C C P
C C P Alliance
#44 - 2016-10-30 18:14:26 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Antiquarian
Hey Soltys,

In November users will see a Price History graph optimization/performance upgrade (present on Singularity right now), but no core changes to the feature.

I did manage to get a programmer to agree to tackle a number of the other pain points, though, so those changes are underway and should be rolling out with the release following Ascension provided things go as planned. We focused on the most common bug reports and indications of difficulty/confusion in use.

Some intended inclusions are:

• an option to automatically adjust the graph and volume bar heights to the maximums of the selected area
  • the addition of clicking and panning within the graph
  • an autofocus/reset zoom button
  • More sensible y-axis labels
  • deactivation of the display of negative numbers (users will still be able to pan/zoom and move the zero line to whatever height they like)

The changes listed should appear on the test server about a week after Ascension deploys to Tranquility. Please feel free to continue to comment in this thread once you've taken a look.

@CCP_Antiquarian - for immediate fulfillment of your archaic social media needs.

Mister Ripley
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2016-10-31 17:08:27 UTC
Can you please just make it not jump in the timeline like crazy and reset the timeframe all the time?
CCP Antiquarian
C C P
C C P Alliance
#46 - 2016-10-31 21:02:38 UTC
Mister Ripley wrote:
Can you please just make it not jump in the timeline like crazy and reset the timeframe all the time?

I don't understand your complaint, but yes. Unequivocally it will not jump crazily, and neither will it loop through infinite resets.

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#47 - 2016-10-31 22:29:03 UTC
CCP Antiquarian wrote:
Mister Ripley wrote:

I don't understand your complaint, but yes. Unequivocally it will not jump crazily, and neither will it loop through infinite resets.

Not sure either, except: If I set the time-frame to 1 year, then switch to a different commodity, the time-frame resets to some shorter, default time. It does not stay on one year.

It would be handy if it remembered the time window I had set.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Soltys
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#48 - 2016-11-01 01:31:59 UTC
CCP Antiquarian wrote:
Hey Soltys,
- snip -

Fair enough, let's wait for the new iteration then.

For the record, any chance for the small things mentioned earlier ?

• Wallet & Corporate Wallet -> Transactions: LMB double click is not defined on those, it would be great (and logical) if it called market details simiarly to orders tab
  • Orders: both buy (no action defined on LMB double click) and sell (calls 'buy' dialog) - it would make more sense if double click called 'modify order' dialog for own orders
  • 'Mark corporation order': analogous to 'Mark my orders' but showing corporation orders (for members with 'trader' role) with e.g. lighter blue background; this would be amazing for any trader operating as a corporation with multiple traders intersecting the same hub.

Bad Bobby
Bring Me Sunshine
In Tea We Trust
#49 - 2016-11-01 05:46:14 UTC
CCP Antiquarian wrote:
Mister Ripley wrote:

That fix isn't mentioned in your list of inclusions, so are you sure that it will be fixed or are you just being sarcastic?
CCP Antiquarian
C C P
C C P Alliance
#50 - 2016-11-01 10:31:09 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Antiquarian
Soltys - We are only touching the price history graph with this feature. The other stuff you mention would be more up Karkur's alley than ours, but I can mention this thread to her.

Bad Bobby - I wasn't being sarcastic, but also not entirely compassionate in my response for which I apologize (not sarcastically). The behavior described by Mister Ripley and/or Vincent Athena isn't what's happening so it won't be present, but a pending defect that vaguely resembles the described effect (reproducible with items that have no price history or limited price history) will also not be present in the post-Ascension release.

The Economist
Logically Consistent
#51 - 2016-11-01 11:20:27 UTC
CCP Antiquarian wrote:
Hey Soltys,

In November users will see a Price History graph optimization/performance upgrade (present on Singularity right now), but no core changes to the feature.

I did manage to get a programmer to agree to tackle a number of the other pain points, though, so those changes are underway and should be rolling out with the release following Ascension provided things go as planned. We focused on the most common bug reports and indications of difficulty/confusion in use.

Some intended inclusions are:

• an option to automatically adjust the graph and volume bar heights to the maximums of the selected area
  • the addition of clicking and panning within the graph
  • an autofocus/reset zoom button
  • More sensible y-axis labels
  • deactivation of the display of negative numbers (users will still be able to pan/zoom and move the zero line to whatever height they like)

The changes listed should appear on the test server about a week after Ascension deploys to Tranquility. Please feel free to continue to comment in this thread once you've taken a look.

Thank you! <3
Mister Ripley
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#52 - 2016-11-01 12:59:41 UTC
CCP Antiquarian wrote:
Soltys - We are only touching the price history graph with this feature. The other stuff you mention would be more up Karkur's alley than ours, but I can mention this thread to her.

Bad Bobby - I wasn't being sarcastic, but also not entirely compassionate in my response for which I apologize (not sarcastically). The behavior described by Mister Ripley and/or Vincent Athena isn't what's happening so it won't be present, but a pending defect that vaguely resembles the described effect (reproducible with items that have no price history or limited price history) will also not be present in the post-Ascension release.

I'm not sure if it's my lacking English skills or just bad wording, but I can't comprehend what you are saying. Sad
The behaviour we described is what is happening.

Do you mean the defect that causes the time frame to reset to default, when viewing an item with a shorter price history and the following behaviour of setting this default time frame somewhere in the middle of the available price history when viewing another item, will be fixed?
CCP Antiquarian
C C P
C C P Alliance
#53 - 2016-11-01 14:25:51 UTC
Hey Mister Ripley,

Yes, the defect regarding items with no history/short histories will be fixed in the release following Ascension.

The interim work around continues to be manual readjustment of the focus slider after viewing an item with no price history.

Your English is fine, by the way. I was being a tad overly pedantic about the use of the idiomatic expressions "like crazy" and "all the time."

CCP Antiquarian
C C P
C C P Alliance
#54 - 2016-11-01 16:26:29 UTC
Soltys! Karkur says:

"Post to the LT thread..."

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=275894

Mister Ripley
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#55 - 2016-11-01 18:13:39 UTC
CCP Antiquarian wrote:
Hey Mister Ripley,

Yes, the defect regarding items with no history/short histories will be fixed in the release following Ascension.

The interim work around continues to be manual readjustment of the focus slider after viewing an item with no price history.

Your English is fine, by the way. I was being a tad overly pedantic about the use of the idiomatic expressions "like crazy" and "all the time."

Thank you very much Smile
Bad Bobby
Bring Me Sunshine
In Tea We Trust
#56 - 2016-11-01 19:49:43 UTC
CCP Antiquarian wrote:

Good, I'm glad that is getting fixed.

I also appreciate your apology. But being unprofessional and apologizing for it, is not the same as not being unprofessional in the first place. Maybe a thread such as this one, where paying customers are complaining about your under performance, is not the correct venue for such behaviour?
The Economist
Logically Consistent
#57 - 2016-11-01 21:43:14 UTC
Bad Bobby wrote:

I also appreciate your apology. But being unprofessional and apologizing for it, is not the same as not being unprofessional in the first place. Maybe a thread such as this one, where paying customers are complaining about your under performance, is not the correct venue for such behaviour?

Roll

Maybe it's also not the correct venue for passive aggressive pedantry.

..then again...
Soltys
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#58 - 2016-11-01 21:56:59 UTC
CCP Antiquarian wrote:
Soltys! Karkur says:

"Post to the LT thread..."

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=275894

Oh noes, that thread is like ... /dev/null

But allright.

CCP Antiquarian
C C P
C C P Alliance
#59 - 2016-11-01 22:02:02 UTC
The Economist after my own heart!

Still I welcome all aggression, passive or otherwise. I hope all of us feel free to express ourselves here directly and frankly about current features and upcoming iteration. It's why the Technology and Research Center exists and I'm happy to have you all here commenting.

I will continue to update as information becomes available. I will also continue to do my best to encourage positive changes to the price history graph.

CCP Antiquarian
C C P
C C P Alliance
#60 - 2016-11-01 22:03:37 UTC
Soltys, I'll also poke the QAs over there.