These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Watch Lists in High Sec

Author
DioKahn
RedStar Inc
R I O T
#1 - 2016-09-05 16:40:41 UTC
The changes to Watch Lists have affected highsec wars and mercenary work. It's almost annoying just looking for a war target. Camping Jita is not my idea of fun. Locator agents say the same thing whether the target is offline or not. I understand protecting capital pilots in null sec has been the goal of the changes but it's making War boring. I suggest you keep Watch Lists disabled in NULL SEC and working perfectly again in HIGH SEC. Bring back real mercenaries and content to high sec please.
Serene Repose
#2 - 2016-09-05 16:45:24 UTC
I always get bored when there's no low-hanging fruit.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Solecist Project
#3 - 2016-09-05 16:46:11 UTC
No one forces you to camp in jita.
No one.

What's your excuse?

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#4 - 2016-09-05 17:11:38 UTC
We have been having this discussion for months on end now.
If you have something useful to add to the discussion please do so there.
oiukhp Muvila
Doomheim
#5 - 2016-09-05 18:19:53 UTC
DioKahn wrote:
The changes to Watch Lists have affected highsec wars and mercenary work. It's almost annoying just looking for a war target. Camping Jita is not my idea of fun. Locator agents say the same thing whether the target is offline or not. I understand protecting capital pilots in null sec has been the goal of the changes but it's making War boring. I suggest you keep Watch Lists disabled in NULL SEC and working perfectly again in HIGH SEC. Bring back real mercenaries and content to high sec please.


Real Mercs wouldn't cry about the effort it takes to find their target.

One would think you want to be spoon-fed. Roll

Morgan Agrivar
Doomheim
#6 - 2016-09-05 21:53:26 UTC
I took the removal of the watch list like a 'forced' retirement. Now I just sit around the station complaining about 'the good old days' and waving my cane at passing ships.
TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2016-09-05 22:29:00 UTC
DioKahn wrote:
The changes to Watch Lists have affected highsec wars and mercenary work. It's almost annoying just looking for a war target.


Oh no! You actually need to put in effort!! Oh the humanity!!!

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#8 - 2016-09-05 23:02:36 UTC
Roll

@lunettelulu7

Solecist Project
#9 - 2016-09-05 23:35:36 UTC
oiukhp Muvila wrote:
DioKahn wrote:
The changes to Watch Lists have affected highsec wars and mercenary work. It's almost annoying just looking for a war target. Camping Jita is not my idea of fun. Locator agents say the same thing whether the target is offline or not. I understand protecting capital pilots in null sec has been the goal of the changes but it's making War boring. I suggest you keep Watch Lists disabled in NULL SEC and working perfectly again in HIGH SEC. Bring back real mercenaries and content to high sec please.


Real Mercs wouldn't cry about the effort it takes to find their target.

One would think you want to be spoon-fed. Roll


The npc forum alt sure knows what he is talking about.
Post with your main or don't talk about things you have no clue of.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

oiukhp Muvila
Doomheim
#10 - 2016-09-06 08:42:45 UTC  |  Edited by: oiukhp Muvila
Solecist Project wrote:
...Post with your main or don't talk about things you have no clue of.



TBH, the reason that I have posted with forum alts for the last 10 years is because it really annoys the regulars when they can't use the poster's KB, Corp History or anything like that when they can't come up with a valid counter point to what has been posted.

This forum should be about ideas and counter ideas not about pompous self-important personalities.
Keno Skir
#11 - 2016-09-06 11:06:30 UTC
oiukhp Muvila wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
...Post with your main or don't talk about things you have no clue of.



TBH, the reason that I have posted with forum alts for the last 10 years is because it really annoys the regulars when they can't use the poster's KB, Corp History or anything like that when they can't come up with a valid counter point to what has been posted.

This forum should be about ideas and counter ideas not about pompous self-important personalities.


Not sure why you're so worried about people looking at your killboard or what corp you're in.. Unless you just want to hide from the general backlash of what you say here. I kinda figure if you're gonna be inflammatory you gotta use your main, or you're just hiding plain and simple..
Solecist Project
#12 - 2016-09-06 11:10:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
oiukhp Muvila wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
...Post with your main or don't talk about things you have no clue of.



TBH, the reason that I have posted with forum alts for the last 10 years is because it really annoys the regulars when they can't use the poster's KB, Corp History or anything like that when they can't come up with a valid counter point to what has been posted.

This forum should be about ideas and counter ideas not about pompous self-important personalities.


Fact of the matter is that an npc forum alt has no ground to speak on, because every jerk out there will use one and pretend to know what he's talking about. That's the issue regarding npc alts and nothing else. Using a forum alt denies any credibility.

Your personal issue - that you're a coward - has nothing to do with the rest.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

TheVirus32
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#13 - 2016-09-06 11:42:57 UTC
"mercs" still get plenty of kills sitting in trade hubs and bottlenecks.
Hunting down defenseless prey in other systems (T3C fleet meets the mighty hulk! so much excitement, I wonder who's going to win!) is just harder, but then I don't think permadeccing half of new eden's population for easy kills was in CCP's mind when they implemented wardecs.

Think positively, PUSHx and the like now have more customers! Yay?
Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#14 - 2016-09-06 11:56:46 UTC
*sigh*
I actually support the openers suggestion, though for completely different reasons.

Remove standings and insurance.

Nalia White
Tencus
#15 - 2016-09-06 19:12:59 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
oiukhp Muvila wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
...Post with your main or don't talk about things you have no clue of.



TBH, the reason that I have posted with forum alts for the last 10 years is because it really annoys the regulars when they can't use the poster's KB, Corp History or anything like that when they can't come up with a valid counter point to what has been posted.

This forum should be about ideas and counter ideas not about pompous self-important personalities.


Fact of the matter is that an npc forum alt has no ground to speak on, because every jerk out there will use one and pretend to know what he's talking about. That's the issue regarding npc alts and nothing else. Using a forum alt denies any credibility.

Your personal issue - that you're a coward - has nothing to do with the rest.


don't need to use insults. his statement has some merit to it, why should it bother you that he uses a forum alt? only because you are one of the loudest (and also rudest...) posters here doesn't let you make the rules buddy.

It's easy to ignore comments if you think the poster is not on your "level" btw :)

Syndicate - K5-JRD

Home to few, graveyard for many

My biggest achievement

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2016-09-06 20:42:21 UTC
In RL hunter works without anyone notify him 'your target woke up and is leaving it's den'. In Rl you NEED to know who are you hunting BEFORE you start.

Recent (not really 'recent' tho) changes made EVE 'hunters' feel what real hunters can feel.

I don't see much problems here.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Valkin Mordirc
#17 - 2016-09-06 21:02:35 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
In RL hunter works without anyone notify him 'your target woke up and is leaving it's den'. In Rl you NEED to know who are you hunting BEFORE you start.

Recent (not really 'recent' tho) changes made EVE 'hunters' feel what real hunters can feel.

I don't see much problems here.



A real hunter can track his target. A prey leaves behind clues such as tracks, droppings and nesting areas in which a hunter can use to determine where his prey is moving to. Or a hunter can set up bait, using mating calls and scents to attract a target to him.

There is no mechanic in EVE that allows a person to do this. Watchlists combined with a Locater Agent, was the only way to do so.

You obviously have never actively tried to hunt a specific target before other wise you would understand this.


This topic becoming another AFK Cloaking, Ganking is OP, and stop wardecs, Jump Fatigue dead horse.


And like always.

Most people in the merc community understand why he watchlist was taken away. They just want locator agents to be buffed so the really Hunters can keep doing what they did before without a week's worth of prep time.
#DeleteTheWeak
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#18 - 2016-09-06 21:43:02 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
without a week's worth of prep time.

that goes out the window as soon as the war goes live
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#19 - 2016-09-06 21:47:28 UTC
No to your idea, yes to locator agents giving the same message when you're offline that it gives when you're in a WH
Eli Stan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2016-09-06 22:07:13 UTC
DioKahn wrote:
The changes to Watch Lists have affected highsec wars and mercenary work. It's almost annoying just looking for a war target. Camping Jita is not my idea of fun. Locator agents say the same thing whether the target is offline or not. I understand protecting capital pilots in null sec has been the goal of the changes but it's making War boring. I suggest you keep Watch Lists disabled in NULL SEC and working perfectly again in HIGH SEC. Bring back real mercenaries and content to high sec please.


What's your goal with wardecs?

To shoot ships? Best come to low/null - there's tons to shoot, and no watch lists needed because you can shoot anything you see.

To shoot structures? Find a structure, wardec the corp, and shoot the structure - since you don't care about shooting ships, you shouldn't care about watch listing the pilots.

123Next pageLast page