These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Recurring opportunities will be deployed on May 24th

Author
T-Jay Charante
Black Sun Industry and Research
#141 - 2016-05-21 10:45:01 UTC  |  Edited by: T-Jay Charante
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
T-Jay Charante wrote:

Have you really only been blown up once in 8 years?

I mean it's great you go on about risk and reward and all, but was the last time you undocked in 2011?
I'll answer your questions even though it's off topic.

Yeah, my ship was destroyed and I was podded only once by PvP even though there's been well over a dozen attempts done by various other players within the past 8 years.

Also you're quite the fool if you think I've never undocked since 2011. I'm a cloaky Nomadic Explorer who also does Event Agent missions. Being safe is all about flying smart.

Obviously you missed the whole point of my post. As I've already said, I'm a firm believer in acquiring as many skillpoints as quickly as I can but in my opinion these Recurring Opportunities is in direct opposition to the core principles of this game.

DMC

Your opening line set the tone - 'whatever happened to Risk v Reward & Actions v Consequences ?'

Your killboard looks like something that has taken minimal risks to attain maximum rewards, as far as skill points go.
Brokk Witgenstein
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#142 - 2016-05-21 10:50:44 UTC
I like free SP.

Can we now lose SP when dying in a T3 destroyer?
Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#143 - 2016-05-21 11:27:15 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
And the log ins do not create significant content, but mindless PvE tasks where the player is literally only in space long enough to shoot a single rat then redock asap.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Dibz
Doomheim
#144 - 2016-05-21 11:50:02 UTC
Instead of asking us to blow up an NPC ship why not just increase the SP accumulation rate when your character is logged in?
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#145 - 2016-05-21 13:27:08 UTC
T-Jay Charante wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
T-Jay Charante wrote:

I mean it's great you go on about risk and reward and all, but was the last time you undocked in 2011?

Yeah, my ship was destroyed and I was podded only once by PvP even though there's been well over a dozen attempts done by various other players within the past 8 years.

Also you're quite the fool if you think I've never undocked since 2011. I'm a cloaky Nomadic Explorer who also does Event Agent missions. Being safe is all about flying smart.

Obviously you missed the whole point of my post. As I've already said, I'm a firm believer in acquiring as many skillpoints as quickly as I can but in my opinion these Recurring Opportunities is in direct opposition to the core principles of this game.

DMC

Your opening line set the tone - 'whatever happened to Risk v Reward & Actions v Consequences ?'

Your killboard looks like something that has taken minimal risks to attain maximum rewards, as far as skill points go.

Yeah, obviously you didn't comprehend my posted reply. This thread is about Recurring Opportunities giving free skillpoints daily, not about KB stats.

FYI - I don't care about killboard stats, never did and never will. I didn't sub to this game for PvP anyway. Exploration videos by an Eve character named DNightmare is what inspired me to join this game.

As for Risk v Reward, I take plenty of risk traveling through low and null sec space in a clone with +5 Attribute Implants. My reward is faster training time and I've always accepted the consequences of my actions in-game.

By the way, there's a lot more to this game than just KB crap.

DMC

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#146 - 2016-05-21 13:36:59 UTC
Dibz wrote:
Instead of asking us to blow up an NPC ship why not just increase the SP accumulation rate when your character is logged in?
Probably because that just encourages people to leave themselves logged in but AFK. Anyone playing around the time of downtime could be logged in all the time.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Vollhov Jr
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#147 - 2016-05-21 14:17:18 UTC
Roenok Baalnorn
Baalnorn Heavy Industries
#148 - 2016-05-21 14:25:30 UTC
My wife would love this thread, it has more w(h)ine than Napa Valley.

You would think that CCP said " we are making pvp consensual only everywhere in Eve" OR " We are removing mining and related ships from the game."

But no its over 10k sp you can literally get accidentally while doing something else. you can kill a frig with light drones anywhere in eve... in any system.

Personally i dont think it requires enough effort. I would make it so you get 1 SP for every 50 isk of rat bounty you kill up to 10k SP or something.
T-Jay Charante
Black Sun Industry and Research
#149 - 2016-05-21 14:33:43 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
T-Jay Charante wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
T-Jay Charante wrote:

DMC

Yeah, obviously you didn't comprehend my posted reply. This thread is about Recurring Opportunities giving free skillpoints daily, not about KB stats.

FYI - I don't care about killboard stats, never did and never will. I didn't sub to this game for PvP anyway. Exploration videos by an Eve character named DNightmare is what inspired me to join this game.

As for Risk v Reward, I take plenty of risk traveling through low and null sec space in a clone with +5 Attribute Implants. My reward is faster training time and I've always accepted the consequences of my actions in-game.

By the way, there's a lot more to this game than just KB crap.

DMC

So just another forum poster who expects every single feature added to the game to revolve around their play style or they throw a fit, got it.
Cara Forelli
State War Academy
Caldari State
#150 - 2016-05-21 14:40:42 UTC
Roenok Baalnorn wrote:
You can kill a frig with light drones anywhere in eve... in any system.

Try that in a C6

Quote:
Personally i dont think it requires enough effort. I would make it so you get 1 SP for every 50 isk of rat bounty you kill up to 10k SP or something.

Yeah mandatory ratting is just what we need. CCPlease hire this genius!

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#151 - 2016-05-21 14:41:18 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Dibz wrote:
Probably because that just encourages people to leave themselves logged in but AFK. Anyone playing around the time of downtime could be logged in all the time.

Ditto. Also that would put a unnecessary workload on CCP's servers.
Roenok Baalnorn
Baalnorn Heavy Industries
#152 - 2016-05-21 14:59:31 UTC
Cara Forelli wrote:
Roenok Baalnorn wrote:
You can kill a frig with light drones anywhere in eve... in any system.

Try that in a C6

Quote:

Yeah mandatory ratting is just what we need. CCPlease hire this genius!

Hows this for Genius?Cant kill a rat in a C6? Jump through a WH to another system.

Its not mandatory. Did anyone say " You must login and kill x amount of rats and get x amount of SP and you have no choice?" NO. Mandatory means you dont have a choice. You have a choice, you can either choose to kill rats and collect SP or you can spend more time on the forums complaining about killing rats for sp than it would actually take to undock and kill said rats. Or you can simply ignore the entire feature and go on about your eve life as if it doesnt exist. You have so many choices.

And remember folks, there are only two things you have to do in life. Pay taxes, and die. Everything else is a choice including undocking and killing a rat for SP.

How is that for genius?
Trader20
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#153 - 2016-05-21 15:12:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Trader20
Haters have the time to post on the forums but can't be bothered to log in and shoot something, just switch your forum time to log in.
Lan Wang
Princess Aiko Hold My Hand
Safety. Net
#154 - 2016-05-21 15:37:44 UTC
Trader20 wrote:
Haters have the time to post on the forums but can't be bothered to log in and shoot something, just switch your forum time to log in.

this is a whole new level of stupidity

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Woodiex3
Apex Clan
#155 - 2016-05-21 16:02:51 UTC
the greed of some people....

well ive just resubbed my 3 accounts (paid ones). :P so CCP must be doing something right.
Titti Sabezan
SYNDIC Unlimited
#156 - 2016-05-21 16:28:56 UTC
Totally unfair -- this needs to include PC kills. NPCs are run by the game -- therefore no player input -- Pc vs PC will make this a true contest.
Cara Forelli
State War Academy
Caldari State
#157 - 2016-05-21 16:41:08 UTC
Roenok Baalnorn wrote:
How is that for genius?

Taxation is theft

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

sero Hita
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#158 - 2016-05-21 16:44:30 UTC
Titti Sabezan wrote:
Totally unfair -- this needs to include PC kills. NPCs are run by the game -- therefore no player input -- Pc vs PC will make this a true contest.

What a brilliant idea..... why has no one thought of this??? If they do this, I pinky swear I will not kill one of my alts sitting in one of the free ships everyday Twisted

"I'm all for pvp, don't get me wrong. I've ganked in Empire, blobed in low sec. Got T-shirts from every which-where.. But to be forced into a pvp confrontation that I didn't want is wrong ccp." RealFlisker

Aaron Honk
Distributed Denial of Service
#159 - 2016-05-21 16:48:03 UTC
sero Hita wrote:
Titti Sabezan wrote:

What a brilliant idea..... why has no one thought of this??? If they do this, I pinky swear I will not kill one of my alts sitting in one of the free ships everyday Twisted

bth a free noobship is still less reward than killing a rat, and you have to log 2 accounts
Titti Sabezan
SYNDIC Unlimited
#160 - 2016-05-21 16:58:20 UTC
Dibz wrote:

+1

Or just do away with SP accumulation when not logged in

Or is that too WoW ?