These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

March release - General feedback

First post
Author
Lord Milton
Thirsty Beaver
#221 - 2016-03-10 11:50:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Milton
The gong sound needs to go, needs to a requirement for all devs to actually play the game, if they did they would have not implemented it.

Oh, that cross animation when something dies is abit over the top and childish
motie one
Secret Passage
#222 - 2016-03-10 11:57:50 UTC
Lord Milton wrote:
The gong sound needs to go, needs to a requirement for all devs to actually play the game, if they did now at would this have been implemented.

Oh, that cross animation when something dies is abit over the top and childish

Have you never had a job, where there is someone in a position that does not have a connection to the customer, and issues instructions that you knew was just a "bad idea"?

The best you can do is deliver what is asked, whilst limiting the damage as much as possible?

Or One can make it Just as commanded, and let the full horror of it be visible, so someone notices where the fault lies, internally to people more senior.

But that often is self destructive to your promotion prospects, or continued career.

If anything we should give the devs our deepest sympathy.

Hopefully someone in power hears their cry for help.
motie one
Secret Passage
#223 - 2016-03-10 12:02:17 UTC  |  Edited by: motie one
Thorvald Debronur wrote:
Gong...

Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong, "your docking request has been accepted"

I think you meant to say?
Makkuro Tatsu
Spontaneous Massive Existence Failure
#224 - 2016-03-10 12:03:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Makkuro Tatsu
Natya Mebelle wrote:
For everyone having performance issues; bring up the OLD MAP and put it into system mode. That causes the least strain on your system.

Good advice for now. Too bad the classic map is going away as well. Evil

"Make sure not to leave any loopholes for players. Make sure they have to use every last annoying "feature" we introduce. Muahahaha!" (CCP Evil Overlord, on his throne of crystallized player tears, in an obsidian station in Polaris)
Norio Tenjin
The Self-Preservation Society
#225 - 2016-03-10 12:10:09 UTC
Time to give my feedback as well first the obvious:

- The gong sound is terrible and uncharacteristic of EVEs theme. I'm indifferent to the animation.

- I am sad that the station environment has to be loaded, my dekstop doesnt care but my laptop cringes.

Project Discovery:

- I was not aware (maybe i didnt read enough) that those AK would only be awarded upon rank up, that brings the costs of the rewards into whole new stratospheres of grind to reach holy crap

- This might be due to the server overload but after submitting my classification i dont get the reward screen but the project discovery window freezes and has to be closed and opened again (gewards get awarded though)

- Please ship a colorblind mode i have serveral friends who cannot distinguish the colors

Module Tiericide:

- No complaints

Buddy List:

- No complaints , while hunters cry that they miss their free intel i think this is closer to what the intent of sucha list should be and consent is imperative there in my opinion.

Some thoughts:
While i dont particulary care about the death animation i seem to be seeing a trend with CCPs latest UI design philosophy to bring more "eleborate" animations into the mix (look at the d-scan fade in) and i am not sure i am a fan of that if that continues to be the case while it looks 'cooler' it also delays information and in my opinion it is the UI's main job to relay information to the player as precise as possible and function shouldn't be compromised in favor of aesthetics

Cheers
Hra Neuvosto
Party Cat Enterprises
#226 - 2016-03-10 12:11:13 UTC
Just adding my voice to the gong issue. It's not ideal.

The X-effect is a bit much, too, flashing was enough to show you something died instead of got away.

Also, the new camera still doesnt stick to your ship when you undock.

Good job on the Sensor Booster/ECCM though.
Jack 'GUN' Morgan
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#227 - 2016-03-10 12:15:59 UTC
motie one wrote:
Thorvald Debronur wrote:
Gong...

Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong,Gong, "your docking request has been accepted"

I think you meant to say?

You mean http://www.schildwall.info/screen/OneMinuteOfDONG.ogg
Yossarian Toralen
M and M Enterpises
#228 - 2016-03-10 12:35:54 UTC
The flashy destroyed target animation makes the target you no longer need to see remain for that little bit longer, and it's annoying, really annoying.

I guess it's just a matter of logging in, shooting a rat, see red flashy thing, log off. Great game.
Sergey Hawk
The Sith Syndicate
REFORD
#229 - 2016-03-10 12:36:03 UTC
Don DoDon DoDon
Pata Pata Pata Pon, Pata Pata Pata Pon

Oops, this is forum of EVE Online. Excuse me! I just played in PC version of Patapon 4 and did not notice how went to another game forums. Lol

Aura: "You need to be within range to execute this function."

Kimi Räikkönen: “Leave me alone, I know what I’m doing.”

Ni Neith
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#230 - 2016-03-10 12:50:08 UTC
Lara Divinity wrote:
new patch undocked killed one rat gong still up u guys must really love that sound
docked up again goin to play facebook or som
#KILLGONG

bump

They are busy fixing this totaly game changing minigame they call "science"....you have to excuse them.
Gianozzo
Gondolfieri
#231 - 2016-03-10 13:20:25 UTC
Dear EVE,

day two of GONG and FLASHING CROSSES.
Still unbearable.
Would consider extra downtime to fix this more than acceptable.
Would consider taking skillpoints from all of us to fix this acceptable.

See you tommorow after downtime.

Mishra San
#232 - 2016-03-10 13:35:17 UTC
Logged in this morning seriously expecting "dong" to be removed.

DONG!
Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#233 - 2016-03-10 13:36:00 UTC
Kaely Tanniss wrote:
Please put the watchlist back the way it was. The change is ridiculous and it's getting old with CCP "fixing" things that were never broken. How about fixing the things that are actually broken and stop messing with mechanics that are, and have been, fine. On/offline notification of war targets is essential. To remove this is poor judgement and just plain dumb. Knowing someone is online doesn't tell you where they are..just that they are online..a necessary thing to know if only a few wts are on or 100. Is CCP going to remove locators next too? Shocked

I'm not sure what's going on over there at CCP..but you are not helping the game. Please stop messing with tried and true mechanics in an attempt to look like you are making "improvements"..and actually add some new content to the game. Ugh

"Buddy list"...pshh...90% of the ppl who watchlist are watchlisting targets..not friends. How ridiculous is it that when I want to watchlist a wt that I have to ask "hey wt, is it cool if I add an online notification to your red status?" Roll

I love this game...but what is going on here. What?

EDIT: ..and why does it still show my alts offline..even when i cleared standing.and reset it on both ends. Roll

You should have never been able to get notifications of people coming on or going offline without their consent.

Not today spaghetti.

Oskor Nawik
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#234 - 2016-03-10 13:43:50 UTC
Eve has sound?
Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#235 - 2016-03-10 13:46:28 UTC
Anhenka wrote:
Oh and none of this was in the patch notes.

This **** needs to stop before you guys get much worse on it. It's obvious that you are going so fast things are being missed. I want to get to the capital changes and citadels as much as the next player but stop being sloppy CCP.

Not today spaghetti.

Yogsoloth
Fliet Pizza Delivery
Of Essence
#236 - 2016-03-10 13:50:41 UTC
Seriously WTF CCP.

It's almost as if you want people to stop playing.

Where did anyone ever clamor for more Bell sounds, and flashing animations ?

Who was the genius that said I got it, this game needs moar cowbell ! (Dong).

And while youre at it, just go ahead and refit all your ships cause we borked all the CPU requirements.

Sorry if you thought you were gonna have any fun tonight, you have to EFT'n/Pyfa'n all your fits again.

One debacle after another that could be avoided by sharing these terrible ideas and/or listening to the feedback you get from your base pool of subscribers.

It just boggles the mind.
Ni Neith
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#237 - 2016-03-10 13:50:51 UTC
Oskor Nawik wrote:
Eve has sound?

Yes! Actually, if you are tabbed you can hear enemies warping in on your head. This can eventually safe you life.
Asveron Durr
Vandanian Order
Greater Itamo Mafia
#238 - 2016-03-10 13:57:31 UTC
YES! YES!!
STEP RIGHT UP FOLKS! WE FINALLY HAVE THE ARCADE GAME OF THE CENTURY CROSSING SPACE INVADERS WITH CENTIPEDE!! JUST PUT YOUR QUARTERS IN THE SLOT AND GIVE IT A WHIRL!

Come on EA!?! What happened to the points so i can register my Highscore world wide and oh yeah no more powerups?
Or do i need to drop enough quarters in to get them?

Your games were **** enough for me to stop buying them, gave this one a try because i thought it had hope.....
Rethinking about renewing my boycott on you.
Misticue
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#239 - 2016-03-10 13:59:13 UTC
I wonder that there´s no feedback from CCP regarding all those complaints.

I thought that there would be at least an statement telling us why they did what they did, or any other sort of reaction.
Lepton Epoch
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#240 - 2016-03-10 14:01:03 UTC
Gianozzo wrote:
Dear EVE,

day two of GONG and FLASHING CROSSES.
Still unbearable.
Would consider extra downtime to fix this more than acceptable.
Would consider taking skillpoints from all of us to fix this acceptable.

See you tommorow after downtime.

I can only surmise that the GONG/FLASH has been introduced by a fanatical pacifist who wants to stop all killing, even of rats, in New Eden. Aversion therapy.

I'm a noob. Even I find this utterly pointless, seriously unhelpful and incredibly annoying.

Maybe a new Premium Subscription is coming, with the sole additional benefit being NO GONG. If so....sign me up. Or, much better: #KILLGONG