These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Author
Mortlake
Republic Military School
#41 - 2016-01-07 21:31:30 UTC
Saredan wrote:

but a 12 account gank fleet piloted by 1 person only is where things are not right and just .

Would it be ok if 12 different people were involved? Or 2 with 6 accounts each? Where would you draw the line and how would you suggest any limitations placed could be implemented?

Sometimes you hit the bar and sometimes the bar hits you...

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#42 - 2016-01-07 21:37:24 UTC
Also, why is it okay for one person to mine with 12 accounts, but not suicide gank, which is a much more involved process.
Paranoid Loyd
#43 - 2016-01-07 21:52:07 UTC
Yeah the best part of the qty argument is to keep said freighter safe only requires one additional account maybe two if you are super vigilant about it. If you really can't afford a second account or don't want one for "reasons" you can still use a courier and play solo just fine.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Blueprint Buyer
Doomheim
#44 - 2016-01-07 21:55:30 UTC
Isn't multiplexing a ban able offence now?
Paranoid Loyd
#45 - 2016-01-07 21:59:01 UTC
Blueprint Buyer wrote:
Isn't multiplexing a ban able offence now?

Broacasting to multiple clients is banned, operating multiple accounts is not.
I assume Jason knows the rules considering he streams his ganks and if he was breaking them the AG crowd would be in an uproar by now.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#46 - 2016-01-07 22:14:29 UTC
TBH I think the normal condition of the AG crowd is "in uproar".
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#47 - 2016-01-07 23:25:21 UTC
Saredan wrote:
first :yes locked , because , the point is that is a "forced " passage if we want to go jita which is the hearth of the economy

In other words the system isn't actually locked, you're simply afraid to go through it.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Paranoid Loyd
#48 - 2016-01-07 23:28:18 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
TBH I think the normal condition of the AG crowd is "in uproar".

True, I also chose to ignore the amount of ignorance that abounds with said crowd.

Fix the Prospect!

Ozzie Udan
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#49 - 2016-01-08 07:44:38 UTC
Avi Shekelstien wrote:
Saredan wrote:
hello , i was roaming around and i see one night a complete system was LOCKED by these gankers named CODE .
the problem is that they don't get enought penalties doing that compared to the amount of money peoples lost when piloting a freighter and the amount of money CODE and other corp gain doing this .

the second problem is : kill rights
the kill rights are by far too expensive , we need to be able to punish them for cheap

some peoples begin the game and get ganked by these kind of corporations .

1 : they have no money and want to play the game an progress .
2 : some peoples feel miserable because of this situation and are not willing to stay enough in the game because of that .
3 : by making a better environnement , i'm sure more beginners will stay .

please CCP :

steps to make :

1 : lower the kill rights cost or make it no cost (or make a cost cap )
2 : lower the kill right cost for a particular pirat each time the same pirat kill someone in high sec .
3 : make a system looking if a high sec system is constantly under pirat attack (of the same persons) and make that CONCORD roam in large fleets in all the system after let say 30 min of repetitive attack of same pirat persons in high sec .
4 :(optionnal) (don't know if possible) limit the number of client possible running from the same IP adress
this can prevent a high sec system lock
5 : make another high sec route around uedama and sivala (gank point) so the traffic can be derived to another route if needed and not making 40 jumps .

it is unacceptable that a SINGLE person can lock out a system with 12 accounts .
we are 30000 players live and we got annoyed by 1 man with 12 accounts .
i know a lot of peoples who say same as me .

gank will still exist , but in a limited way than it is actually .

thanks . viewing my feedback .
regards .

Next time you fly through uedama join the anti ganking chat channel to get some help.

The anti gank channel may have helped (remember you need to be at your pc and not watching top gear)

On a side note and I hate to say this but code pulled off a gank last night of pure class, remember these guys know how to do this they work together, watching the gank unfold at the gate was a site to see, sorry to the freighter pilot who lost his ship, AG tried to help but to no avail

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head A painting of me

Ginnie
Doomheim
#50 - 2016-01-08 15:18:27 UTC
Speaking of the anti gank channel what is the name of the channel? Is it "anti-ganking"?

Also, speaking of channels in general, is there a way to search channels? Last night, I typed in "anti-gank" and it made a customer channel with only me in it. When I tried "anti-ganking" it put me into a channel with about 200 people. Is this the right one? I just want to confirm!

Thanks!

It sounds plausible enough tonight, but wait until tomorrow. Wait for the common sense of the morning.

Zimmer Jones
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2016-01-08 16:35:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Zimmer Jones
I do hauling, I am a hauler, among other things. I haul stupidly, that is, I haul in highsec while constantly wardecced. I survive (this is my main hauler, I do survive) by not shitfitting, ( although I claim to), using alts to scout, packing a good tank and by watching local.

That guy with the 12 alts with the same surname has done you a huge favor: He advertises his presence. You see that many of the same names in local you can safely assume its either a miner or a ganker, and in a .5 system you can write off mining. Permit or no, no one survives in a .5 system mining if that system is as high traffic as uedama or somesuch.

You don't have to sell in jita, there are other trading hubs. You are taking the risk to get maximum profits, which is the playstyle you chose. They are providing that risk, and that is the playstyle they choose. Running 12 alts is actually worthy of respect, it does require alot of juggling.

I can't remember if the standard "won't somebody think of the newbies!" cry has been raised but I usually block that out of memory intentionally for the standard reasons.

to sum up: Get off the spacepark lawn you damn autopiloting kids (shakes well fit & tanked t2 walker/wheelchair).

Use the force without consent and the court wont acquit you even if you are a card carryin', robe wearin' Jedi.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#52 - 2016-01-09 16:45:44 UTC
Saredan wrote:
first :yes locked , because , the point is that is a "forced " passage if we want to go jita which is the hearth of the economy
Nope it's not locked, it's a choke point by design and they're easily traversable 90% of the time if you're the slightest bit competent and not doing something silly.

Quote:
second : i don't cry
Your OP belies that statement.

Quote:
third : the 12 accounts are easily resubscribed with the loots from killed ships
four : simply as this : there is an unbalance between organized gankers risk and gain (even without the 12 accounts in one)
five : the 12 accounts/one person is unfair and unbalanced for the "normal" players (that play one or two accounts )
And your point is?

It makes no difference if the 12 accounts are 1 person or 12 people, and that it may be able to fund those accounts with loot is irrelevant. You pointed out the cause of any imbalance yourself, the key word is organised.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Avi Shekelstien
Doomheim
#53 - 2016-01-09 19:58:20 UTC
Ozzie Udan wrote:
Avi Shekelstien wrote:
Saredan wrote:
hello , i was roaming around and i see one night a complete system was LOCKED by these gankers named CODE .
the problem is that they don't get enought penalties doing that compared to the amount of money peoples lost when piloting a freighter and the amount of money CODE and other corp gain doing this .

the second problem is : kill rights
the kill rights are by far too expensive , we need to be able to punish them for cheap

some peoples begin the game and get ganked by these kind of corporations .

1 : they have no money and want to play the game an progress .
2 : some peoples feel miserable because of this situation and are not willing to stay enough in the game because of that .
3 : by making a better environnement , i'm sure more beginners will stay .

please CCP :

steps to make :

2 : lower the kill right cost for a particular pirat each time the same pirat kill someone in high sec .
3 : make a system looking if a high sec system is constantly under pirat attack (of the same persons) and make that CONCORD roam in large fleets in all the system after let say 30 min of repetitive attack of same pirat persons in high sec .
4 :(optionnal) (don't know if possible) limit the number of client possible running from the same IP adress
5 : make another high sec route around uedama and sivala (gank point) so the traffic can be derived to another route if needed and not making 40 jumps .

it is unacceptable that a SINGLE person can lock out a system with 12 accounts .

thanks . viewing my feedback .
regards .

Next time you fly through uedama join the anti ganking chat channel to get some help.

The anti gank channel may have helped (remember you need to be at your pc and not watching top gear)

On a side note and I hate to say this but code pulled off a gank last night of pure class, remember these guys know how to do this they work together, watching the gank unfold at the gate was a site to see, sorry to the freighter pilot who lost his ship, AG tried to help but to no avail

You should give it a try sometime, it's strangely addictive.
Avi Shekelstien
Doomheim
#54 - 2016-01-09 20:01:34 UTC
Oh, and how the fudge can one person manage gank 12 alts at once? If I tried that concord would show up before I got the 3rd alt firing.
StonerPhReaK
Herb Men
#55 - 2016-01-09 22:22:53 UTC
Used the word Hearth, Know where this one came from?

1 guess.

Signatures wer cooler when we couldn't remove them completely.

Capt Starfox
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#56 - 2016-01-10 06:20:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Capt Starfox
Saredan wrote:

1. Killrights don't matter on a flashy red character (-5.5, or whatever it is now).
2. See above.
3. It's called the Star Map. Use it.
4. Bad idea as it would effect all players not just the ones you don't like.
5. Regardless of this being a good or bad idea it's irrelevant as the gank fleet would separate half the bumpers to lock down both systems.

[6.] It's more like 37 accounts bro common.

Not getting ganked comes down the the player, not CCP magic.

I want to take a moment and discuss your overall believe that -10 pirates don't suffer enough 'penalties'. As a -9 something character I can tell you that it does suck at times to be in highsec as flashy red. Granted it isn't very often, but still it does happen at the worst of times.

Abandon all hope ye who x up in fleet

Jason Kusion
KUSION SPECIAL TEAM
Goonswarm Federation
#57 - 2016-01-12 20:31:44 UTC
Avi Shekelstien wrote:
Oh, and how the fudge can one person manage gank 12 alts at once? If I tried that concord would show up before I got the 3rd alt firing.

Because I'm not bad at this game.
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#58 - 2016-01-12 20:49:41 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Sipphakta en Gravonere wrote:
Nitshe Razvedka wrote:
admiral root wrote:
OP, please learn to play Eve. Oh, and post on your main or GTFO, too.

like you make posting nazi rules, delusions of grandeur
you n your pig gtfo

Miner, please calm down. There is no need to get all riled up over some pixels.

Ganker, please learn to spot bait and not take it. Blink

Mission failed, apparently What?

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Pook600
Ranger Industries
The Rogue Consortium
#59 - 2016-01-12 21:12:55 UTC
Learn PVP
Join Corp
Wardecc

There, part of the solution.
I'm no fan of those clowns, but you people need to save yourselves instead of crying out to CCP.
Nofear Alt
Forum Alts Anonymous
#60 - 2016-01-22 04:15:03 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
If ever I can manage to simultaneously annoy 30000 players I will consider myself to have won EVE.
More accounts is the path to this?
Is it possible using only one or two?

Counterpoint to OP:
Perhaps using scouts, either alts or I dunno... friends, would mitigate losses far more efficiently than badgering CCP for changes to the playstyle of others. You know the hot spots, obviously, so why not take some precautions when passing through or near them?
From the sounds of it you got smurfed right in the smurfhole.
Working as intended.

OP: What Omar said

To me, running a freighter through Uedama is like walking down the street, carrying a million pounds, while holding up a sign that you are completely defenceless AND holding a million pounds.

In real life, if you were to want to walk down the street with a million pounds you'd hire some bodyguards, wouldn't advertise the fact, and probably have some people walk ahead to make sure no neighbourhood undesirables were about.

In Eve, it's perfectly possible to do the latter, yet people continue to take the risk....yes it's easier and quicker....but costlier...don't do it peoples!

Personally, I started in a position of strongly disliking CODE, now I have come to see that what they do does add something to the game. I'd still like to try to stop them, which would need a major concerted effort by A-G, but it does bring something to hisec that was missing

Alt and proud