These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Vanguard - General feedback

First post
Author
Opsblitz
Shadow State
Goonswarm Federation
#41 - 2015-09-29 22:07:02 UTC
Darkblad wrote:
Yspyg Ecaps wrote:
wait how do you get the free skill points?

Characters that got created shortly before Vanguard will receive them soon-ish. CCP Rise mentioned a week (or more) until the get applied
CCP Rise wrote:
One note: if you made your character in the last few days you will have less SP than people who created after Vanguard, that's not good! Some time soon after Vanguard (maybe a week or so) we will hand out 300k unallocated SP to all characters created in the two weeks leading up to Vanguard release. Sorry for having to wait a little but we gotchu.

I am glad that you have taken the time to up the sp on new characters giving them a littel more of a fight straight out of the gate but as a long time VET I feel that it is CCP duty when it comes to items such as these to reimburse all of those before this patch with 350,000 Sp as I was only given 50,ooo when I started.

CCP, you know its the right thing to do and I am alittle ashamed of you that no mention of this came from CCP before this patch....NO sorry VETS, Thanks for all the crap ton of money you have spent on this game as well as merchandise with out a word about reimbursement.

Hope to hear from you soon cause lord know I could use 350,000 sp right now.
orashnic
Perkone
Caldari State
#42 - 2015-09-29 22:20:19 UTC
Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason the black skull on the Loki's Tactical Targeting Network was removed, or is this something that was missed during the reskin?
Alundil
Rolled Out
#43 - 2015-09-29 22:31:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Alundil
Opsblitz wrote:
Darkblad wrote:
Yspyg Ecaps wrote:

Characters that got created shortly before Vanguard will receive them soon-ish. CCP Rise mentioned a week (or more) until the get applied
CCP Rise wrote:
One note: if you made your character in the last few days you will have less SP than people who created after Vanguard, that's not good! Some time soon after Vanguard (maybe a week or so) we will hand out 300k unallocated SP to all characters created in the two weeks leading up to Vanguard release. Sorry for having to wait a little but we gotchu.

I am glad that you have taken the time to up the sp on new characters giving them a littel more of a fight straight out of the gate but as a long time VET I feel that it is CCP duty when it comes to items such as these to reimburse all of those before this patch with 350,000 Sp as I was only given 50,ooo when I started.

CCP, you know its the right thing to do and I am alittle ashamed of you that no mention of this came from CCP before this patch....NO sorry VETS, Thanks for all the crap ton of money you have spent on this game as well as merchandise with out a word about reimbursement.

Hope to hear from you soon cause lord know I could use 350,000 sp right now.

At an estimated 149+ million SP, that 350k is negligible
http://imgur.com/5To2Wxh

I'm right behind you

Nix Pardus
Mischief and Gloom
Khimi Harar
#44 - 2015-09-29 23:00:55 UTC
Can we get an option to disable or toggle off our own ships bracket?
Tristan Agion
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2015-09-29 23:44:09 UTC
Concerning the skill point bump (400k instead of 50k) for new players:

I'm a relatively new player (1 month & 3 weeks, 2.5M SP). Waiting for skills to be learned is so far perhaps the most annoying feature of playing EVE, since it is a limitation one can do little about with active gameplay. I can understand the rationale behind that skill system design choice, and I can also see how 350k extra SP may feel negligible for people who have played this game for many years. But I am somewhat envious of even newer players who now "jump the queue" by about a week or two of skill learning; and for me those extra SP others will get are still a significant fraction of what I have managed to generate so far (mostly just by existing, partly by paying for implants and skill books).

So I would like to second the suggestion that every player should get an equalising 350k SP, not just those who will be overtaken in their total SP otherwise. For those well advanced in the game this might be almost unnoticeable, but I for one would very much notice having a week or two shaved off my current training plans...
Cypr3ss Deteis
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#46 - 2015-09-29 23:53:27 UTC
Annexe wrote:
Kopaka Newton wrote:
The self-ship bracket needs to be a different color, or at least show corp/ alliance/ fleet status. Right now when I'm zoomed out I see a neutral ship on grid with me and I freak out since local should be blue and overview shows nothing. If it was the blue NPC color but hollow that would work.

+1

own ship icon should be different colour. blue/green. i zoomed out and thought there was a neut next to me!!

+1

This really needs to change as mentioned above, or give us the option to turn it off.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.
Anubis Amarian
Tillistrian Enterprises
#47 - 2015-09-30 00:02:49 UTC
Just wondering, is there a bug where T3 cruisers turn black, like shadows? Logged in just now and I see nothing but the guns!
Max Deveron
Deveron Shipyards and Technology
Citizen's Star Republic
#48 - 2015-09-30 00:16:12 UTC
Chucky Schuldiner wrote:
The sound "The asteroid is depleeted" and "A module ran out of charges" doesn't work anymore What?Shocked

Honestly i noticed this as well...and so, i think it should stay that way.....

You want to multibox in a relaxed way....not anymore....
You want to rat in the same way some miners watch netflix or whatever....not anymore.

I multibox and i found this gratifying as my face lit up with a smile...i thought...yeah semi-afk multibox or rat or what ever now lazy ass carebears
Rekt Zero
Doomheim
#49 - 2015-09-30 00:25:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Rekt Zero
Max Deveron wrote:
Chucky Schuldiner wrote:
The sound "The asteroid is depleeted" and "A module ran out of charges" doesn't work anymore What?Shocked

And I think that it shouldn't. Hell, why not remove all sounds from the game then? Beucase surely, EVERYBODY are multiboxers.......... more dots ........
JTK Fotheringham
Ducks in Outer Space
#50 - 2015-09-30 00:26:51 UTC
Using the same sound for depot anchoring and jump cloak ending was not a good design choice, imho. Is there a way to switch this off?

The ship icon for my own ship that appears when I scroll out - I'm sure it's great for new players, but after a few months, its something completely intuitive, and therefore unnecessary clutter - is there a way to switch this off?

But seems good, smooth-ish deployment, my only problem issue has been the T3 silhouette. Thanks for the great work.
Vic Jefferson
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#51 - 2015-09-30 00:43:30 UTC
JTK Fotheringham wrote:
The ship icon for my own ship that appears when I scroll out - I'm sure it's great for new players, but after a few months, its something completely intuitive, and therefore unnecessary clutter - is there a way to switch this off?

This. Please add an option to disable this. New features are great, but not when they make the game harder to play.

Vote Vic Jefferson for CSM X.....XI.....XII?

Petrified
Old and Petrified Syndication
TOG - The Older Gamers Alliance
#52 - 2015-09-30 02:12:38 UTC
Kopaka Newton wrote:
The self-ship bracket needs to be a different color, or at least show corp/ alliance/ fleet status. Right now when I'm zoomed out I see a neutral ship on grid with me and I freak out since local should be blue and overview shows nothing. If it was the blue NPC color but hollow that would work.

The icon is very useful, but it really should be a different color. The icon gets scary in WH space.

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.

loquacious7
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#53 - 2015-09-30 05:20:02 UTC
Thanks, and I hope the server is ok, clients just froze up and when docked station went dark.
btw own ship icon is not liked :)
I love not having to see another troll captor ever again. THANKS
Ted Rockson
Alpha Republic - Transcenders of Space and Time
Solyaris Chtonium
#54 - 2015-09-30 06:33:37 UTC
Love the jump cloak timer no more stop watch Big smile
Red Deck
The Tebo Corp
#55 - 2015-09-30 07:55:38 UTC
Tyranis Marcus wrote:
Red Deck wrote:
Yay, a visible/graphical jump-cloak timer! Cool

Is there a graphical station undock timer in the works, too?

It's already there, top left corner of the screen. The session change timer is so short now that it's easy to miss it.

The session change timer is not the same as the undock invulnerability timer, which is the one I had in mind.
Sama Dobrota
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#56 - 2015-09-30 08:17:30 UTC
Shilalasar wrote:
Could the own ship´s bracket be coloured?
Freaked me out when I looked back at the monitor and saw a shipbracket not in the overview.

This.
CCPlease, change this icon color
Max Deveron
Deveron Shipyards and Technology
Citizen's Star Republic
#57 - 2015-09-30 09:19:44 UTC
Rekt Zero wrote:
Max Deveron wrote:
Chucky Schuldiner wrote:

And I think that it shouldn't. Hell, why not remove all sounds from the game then? Beucase surely, EVERYBODY are multiboxers.......... more dots ........

Afraid of something? or lazy? pay attention to your game then instead whining like a carebear
Viceran Phaedra
Instar Heavy Industries
#58 - 2015-09-30 09:32:15 UTC
It looks like some of the Legion and Loki subsystem textures didn't go through properly. When you use the following subsystem combo...

- Nanobot Injector
- Tactical Targeting Network
- Liquid Crystal Magnifiers
- Fuel Catalyst
- Power Core Multiplier

...the result is that all the Legion textures fail and all you get is a jet-black model with only the guns textured.

I'm sure there are other combos that do the same thing; I've seen guys in chat channels saying similar about certain Loki configurations, but that's the only one I can give you at the moment.

Otherwise, good patch, thanks CCP. o7

Chief Executive Officer

Instar Heavy Industries

Janeway84
Insane's Asylum
#59 - 2015-09-30 09:39:37 UTC
The sound effect when you polarize yourself after jumping through wh freaked me out at first time.
Please change the sound to something more suitable or remove the sound fx since you already have the smooth sound of wh activation the polarization sound feels a little disruptive when it suddenly appears.
Otherwise i havent found anything yet though might need more time to discover more crazy stuff Smile
Cephalosa Galactica
conch entertainment
#60 - 2015-09-30 09:42:01 UTC
Darkblad wrote:
Yspyg Ecaps wrote:

CCP Rise wrote:

Yeah and what about us the ones that have been supporting you for ten years...do we get anything other than inflated plex prices.....I for once im boycotting your plex deals...I simply don't buy anymore, why? because you don't listen to your old players...you keep cattering to more and more noobs and us the backbone of the game get treated with crappy skins (usless) more isk for plex...and better graphics. that's it. I tell you what...if you are so desperate to acquire new players that you are giving a month worth of skillpoints to newbs that must mean that your player base is dwindling...( I wonder why) then I guess ill create a bunch a newb toons take the points gank more miners with those points and increase the price of plex even more...oh and almost forgot... good luck on the slow death of your company CCP I look forward to star citizen and the such...