These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSMXI

First post
Author
Boci
Ubiquitous Hurt
The WeHurt Initiative
#61 - 2016-01-29 02:14:00 UTC
I'm not much of anybody, but Joffy's my man.

http://www.twitch.tv/bociwen - Newbie Friendly Q&A, Terrible Solo PvP

@BociSammiches

UHURT's Link Guy

Max Nebular
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#62 - 2016-02-02 02:55:07 UTC
Met Joffy many years ago when he joined the corp i was in out in null, a really nice guy, the corp closed shortly after and he then joined SF and i dosed into skill queue online, but still kept my ears open and followed the politics via different pod casts...

...So to see you running for CSM XI is just fantastic, cant wait for the CSM watch interview Big smile

Godspeed - i´ll be voting with both accounts!
StupidGenius Charante
Alea Iacta Est Universal
Blades of Grass
#63 - 2016-02-03 13:40:53 UTC
Here is the CSM Watch interview with Joffy Aulx-Gao for the CSM 11 election.
Enjoy!
Nitshe Razvedka
#64 - 2016-02-03 17:47:34 UTC
Hi Joffy,

Ganking is a Top-of-mind issue in hisec, esp in the carebear community.

The key feature of ganking is a profit motive. There is NO profit motive in anti-ganking.
Also with the current game mechanics ganking has become low risk for high reward.

What would you do to restored the balance?

Thieving pirates discuss INTEGRITY; Anarchist gankers give us LAWS; and Whoring merc's cry then blow off clients with INSULTS.

Up is down and down is up in the C&P Forum.

Joffy Aulx-Gao
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#65 - 2016-02-03 19:58:06 UTC
Thanks to everyone who has shown their support for my campaign, both here on eve-o and on Twitter, it is very much appreciated.

Nitshe Razvedka wrote:
Hi Joffy,

Ganking is a Top-of-mind issue in hisec, esp in the carebear community.

The key feature of ganking is a profit motive. There is NO profit motive in anti-ganking.
Also with the current game mechanics ganking has become low risk for high reward.

What would you do to restored the balance?

Firstly, I would say that the perception of ganking is very different to the reality of it, I would also say that it is not necessarily the primary concern of mission runners, and most haulers know ways to reduce the risk.

I have had highsec alts doing hauling, mining and other activities, and whilst ganking is of course something to be aware of, it was not a problem for my characters.

To answer your other questions, I dont believe anti-gankers do what they do for profit, however, I think it is a shame that anti-ganking is purely reactive at present, that is, after seeing intel, anti-gankers have to sit on a gate waiting for the gank attempt to begin, and hope they can assist in time.

I feel that there are things haulers and miners can do to reduce the likelihood of being ganked, but, as with everything else in eve, if someone really wants to take you out, they will. As to the risk vs reward, there is always room for change in mechanics, but, I am not really sure how I would change this particular one, but I am open to suggestions from both sides to improve it.

I'm a lowsec pirate and diplo of A Band Apart.

Jon Burrows
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#66 - 2016-02-10 10:34:24 UTC
I have had the pleasure of flying with Joffy for nearly a year now and he is someone I have always looked up to as a player. He is a passionate and knowledgeable young man and I believe he will make an excellent low-sec representative on the CSM. He gets my vote.

Peace through superior drone power

Lynx Artrald
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#67 - 2016-02-11 23:04:22 UTC
Joffy is a great guy - always friendly, helpful, honest and fun to have around. He will make a great CSM member, of that I am sure. I think his combination of passion for the game itself (rather than the metagame), his dedication and drive will help him leave his mark.

Vote Joffy!
Ramdar Chinken
Bot Lives Matter
#68 - 2016-02-17 18:46:19 UTC
There really aren't enough good things to say about Joffy. He has many great qualities (including his insane love for this game) but I think the one that will be most useful for him as a CSM member would be the fact that he's one of the most level headed people you will ever meet.

He knows this game inside and out and he's one hell of a solo PvPer. He's the gold standard in ST-FR. :)

I think his platform is one that is easily overlooked. I think he will be able to help bring great insight to CCP for how to make the game more accessible for people with some manner of disability.

Plus, he's cool!

All my votes go to Joffy.
Borat Guereen
Doomheim
#69 - 2016-02-18 02:34:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Borat Guereen
You have my votes!
Best luck!

Candidate for CSM XII

Joffy Aulx-Gao
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#70 - 2016-02-21 18:25:44 UTC
Election time is soon upon us so i've updated my reserved with all my interviews and endorsements.

Have a nice day and remember to vote on those you think will do best and make your voice heard :)

Erika Mizune
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#71 - 2016-02-26 15:21:18 UTC
Joffy has my endorsement - I can't think of anyone else who 100% deserves to be on the CSM than him. I have had the pleasure of knowing Joffy for a while now; we met in B4R and he really cares about the community and it's players, as well as great knowledge of the game and low-sec. His experience is also very unique from most, which gives him a very unique perspective on how Eve can be bettered for accessibility - an important topic that has been untouched by past CSM members.

+5 votes for Joffy from me! :)

Former DJ & Manager of Eve Radio | Blog | Sounds of New Eden | Twitch | Twitter

Akirra Menelaos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#72 - 2016-02-29 23:22:57 UTC
no
Bukka Bazooka
#73 - 2016-03-02 11:40:20 UTC
You are an inspiration to me. As someone who is very nearsighted I have to say that having a CSM who fights for those of us who have trouble with the UI and not being able to see it clearly due to the lack of font/display controls is hard to play EVE with. For instance there is no font control in the game browser. What you see is what you get. This is not acceptable. The amount of obstacles you have overcome and the gallantry you display makes me proud of you. I would love to have you represent us as a CSM.

Anyone with a limitation is just as capable at mastering the intricacies of this game and we should not have to battle with the UI to accomplish this. Thank you for running! You are my number 1 choice for CSM!

The best ship in EVE....is friendship =)

Joffy Aulx-Gao
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#74 - 2016-03-04 13:47:24 UTC
Bukka Bazooka wrote:
You are an inspiration to me. As someone who is very nearsighted I have to say that having a CSM who fights for those of us who have trouble with the UI and not being able to see it clearly due to the lack of font/display controls is hard to play EVE with. For instance there is no font control in the game browser. What you see is what you get. This is not acceptable. The amount of obstacles you have overcome and the gallantry you display makes me proud of you. I would love to have you represent us as a CSM.

Anyone with a limitation is just as capable at mastering the intricacies of this game and we should not have to battle with the UI to accomplish this. Thank you for running! You are my number 1 choice for CSM!

Hello Bukka

There are many Things with the UI that can be improved from font size to placement of buttons and even how you control certain Things. I hope i can adress those to CCP. Not everything will be looked at but hopefully some of the changes will be implemented.

I appreciate all the support i get from all of you voters :) have a nice day and fly safe

Joffy Aulx-Gao

Scheulagh Santorine
The Math Department
#75 - 2016-03-05 21:50:15 UTC
Hi Joffy,

I like your candidacy. Here's a quick question...

Quote:
You decide to bump a lazy miner off their rock. The mining barge you decide to annoy has a mass of 20,000,000 kg. Which of the following ship/velocity choices would bump them the farthest, creating the most rage?

a) 10,000,000 kg with a velocity of 1300m/s

b) 20,000,000 kg with a velocity of 1000m/s

c) 100,000,000 kg with a velocity of 600m/s

S. Santorine

============================== I used to shoot things. Now I do math.

S. Santorine

Writings on some formal methods in EvE-OnlineEVE Math & Physics Blog

Scheulagh Santorine
The Math Department
#76 - 2016-03-06 07:02:04 UTC
Scheulagh Santorine wrote:
Hi Joffy,

I like your candidacy. Here's a quick question...

Quote:
You decide to bump a lazy miner off their rock. The mining barge you decide to annoy has a mass of 20,000,000 kg. Which of the following ship/velocity choices would bump them the farthest, creating the most rage?

a) 10,000,000 kg with a velocity of 1300m/s

b) 20,000,000 kg with a velocity of 1000m/s

c) 100,000,000 kg with a velocity of 600m/s

S. Santorine

Joffy reasoned through this question correctly on slack. Always gotta think about efficient energy transfer.
+1 from me

I'm voting Joffy for CSM XI.

Good luck, man.

============================== I used to shoot things. Now I do math.

S. Santorine

Writings on some formal methods in EvE-OnlineEVE Math & Physics Blog

Joffy Aulx-Gao
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#77 - 2016-03-06 07:35:04 UTC
Thank you Scheulagh :) i enjoyed answering a different type of question, and i learned something in the process!

Oma Lorche
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#78 - 2016-03-14 07:27:07 UTC
Vote for my man!Cool
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#79 - 2016-03-16 16:10:54 UTC
Oma Lorche wrote:
Vote for my man!Cool

Already did.

I noticed even in the last csm minutes there is still no mention of the things ccp promised faction war players back in 2013 like timer rollbacks and better intel tools. These were things with lots of player support. Now they switched out the teams that work on faction war and no one on the csm even mentions these items. It's like a brand new day.

Then people wonder why players couldn't care less about the csm. I hope Joffy can change this.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Alex DeWalker
State War Academy
Caldari State
#80 - 2016-03-23 23:36:02 UTC
Just few days left to vote for Joffy, who represents true lowsec interests, not being associated with any large alliance/blob!