These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP events that the "average" player cannot attend - Free isk to major 0.0 alliances?

First post
Author
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2011-12-09 21:51:47 UTC
I'm going to have to get CCP Soundwave to give me a BPO for tinfoilhats. I'll be filthy rich.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2011-12-09 21:54:18 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
I'm going to have to get CCP Soundwave to give me a BPO for tinfoilhats. I'll be filthy rich.

In one fell swipe, you'd create demand for your product and allow you to create the product for near free.
Genius plan

Though All Men Do Despise Us

Dradius Calvantia
Lip Shords
#23 - 2011-12-09 21:54:40 UTC
Although a wider array of live events would indeed be a good thing, I do not see how you can complain about missing out on one in particular.

That is what makes live events in EVE unique in the first place, they are not content that everyone and their grandmother can get involved in just because they want to. You have to in the right place at the right time in order to participate, and you will be interacting with other players if you are involved.

If you choose to play the game living in the risk free zone; spending your time hording ISK instead of making friends and gaining influence, then you are going to be at an extreme disadvantage against other players when you do want to get involved in events such as these.
Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2011-12-09 21:55:27 UTC
I kinda like the idea of the CCP fleet as a roaming world raid boss that drops candy for the first fleet to find and kill it.
Beaches
Doomheim
#25 - 2011-12-09 21:59:20 UTC
A lot of the CCP dev alts are in those 0.0 entities you speak of so it's not much of a surprise (a bunch of them came out and said they were in goons)

These type of things come down to alliance morale maintenance, to keep members logging in. Not for us "pubies" as they call us.
Alexandros Balfros
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty
#26 - 2011-12-09 22:02:20 UTC
Crexa wrote:
Were the T2 gang link drops BPOs? It shows on the kill board as such.

They will be BPC's as killboards cant tell the difference and no BPO's have been made for T2 modules after the lottery ended :)
Ospie
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2011-12-09 22:02:36 UTC
Dradius Calvantia wrote:
Although a wider array of live events would indeed be a good thing, I do not see how you can complain about missing out on one in particular.

That is what makes live events in EVE unique in the first place, they are not content that everyone and their grandmother can get involved in just because they want to. You have to in the right place at the right time in order to participate, and you will be interacting with other players if you are involved.

If you choose to play the game living in the risk free zone; spending your time hording ISK instead of making friends and gaining influence, then you are going to be at an extreme disadvantage against other players when you do want to get involved in events such as these.

To be honest I don't see myself even going out to find these fleets unless one happens to show up on my doorstep.

I just think the rewards are rather out of proportion when the specific groups that can actually engage them are so limited. In fact I think 7b on a single vessel is far too much anyway, I was ok with the drops from the first fleet, but this one seems a bit over the top.

Akirei Scytale wrote:
Ospie wrote:

I've been outlaw for longer than your character's even existed. I've fought in 0.0 under a couple of different entities.

I can honestly say I've explored the galaxy and moved out of my comfort zone in eve several times.

Then you would understand how simplistic the mechanics of highsec are compared to the rest of EVE. It is a starting zone, through and through - there is little opportunity for real profit outside market manipulation, and nearly all of the risk-reward gameplay that is so fundamental to EVE is simply absent. Also, I would highly recommend you don't use relative age as a judge of knowledge or character, because this certainly wasn't my first character, and your initial post reeks of ignorance, be it willful or due to being new.

If CCP split their fleets up a little then there are a number of highsec based entities would be able to engage them, in lowsec of course, and a great number of lowsec entities who would also be able to fight them. As it is these two groups simply do not have those numbers.
Mystical Might
Eclipse Pulsar
Fraternity.
#28 - 2011-12-09 22:03:00 UTC
What's that Ospie?
I couldn't hear ya over the sound of you backstabbing balder.

(Props btw. So totally worth it).

Pirate
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#29 - 2011-12-09 22:03:13 UTC
Beaches wrote:
A lot of the CCP dev alts are in those 0.0 entities you speak of so it's not much of a surprise (a bunch of them came out and said they were in goons)

These type of things come down to alliance morale maintenance, to keep members logging in. Not for us "pubies" as they call us.

Its really just CCP having a little fun and stirring the pot in Nullsec. As is, there is not much warfare over resources, because most of the alliances have settled down into their homes. This is obviously not the case everywhere, but I'd be willing to bet that CCP is trying to create a highly valuable, unpredictable resource that is juicy enough (T2 BPOs) to get alliances that tolerate each other to start fighting over them when they see opportunity.
Beaches
Doomheim
#30 - 2011-12-09 22:06:27 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Beaches wrote:

Its really just CCP having a little fun and stirring the pot in Nullsec. As is, there is not much warfare over resources, because most of the alliances have settled down into their homes. This is obviously not the case everywhere, but I'd be willing to bet that CCP is trying to create a highly valuable, unpredictable resource that is juicy enough (T2 BPOs) to get alliances that tolerate each other to start fighting over them when they see opportunity.

Wouldn't surprise me, 0.0 entities have been trying to set up little arenas or whatever to do the same thing really, it make sense. I don't think they should be adding t2 BPOs though! Shocked they should be removing them! AAHH
Crexa
Ion Industrials
#31 - 2011-12-09 22:06:40 UTC
Alexandros Balfros wrote:
Crexa wrote:
Were the T2 gang link drops BPOs? It shows on the kill board as such.

They will be BPC's as killboards cant tell the difference and no BPO's have been made for T2 modules after the lottery ended :)

Its why I asked the question. Thanks.

"F=ma, so obviously they're putting mouths against arses to produce a force." "...its breakfast time and i am very hungry. may i have some of your paint chips?"

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#32 - 2011-12-09 22:08:48 UTC
Ospie wrote:

If CCP split their fleets up a little then there are a number of highsec based entities would be able to engage them, in lowsec of course, and a great number of lowsec entities who would also be able to fight them. As it is these two groups simply do not have those numbers.

There is nothing stopping highsec players from forming fleets and flying out to meet these except themselves.

Any fleet that could have a chance at fighting these would also be capable of holding its own, if nullsec locals decided that they weren't welcome. Most alliances would certainly struggle to be able to force them out on short notice, as it would almost certainly be unexpected, and the fleet doesn't need to be there very long at all.
Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#33 - 2011-12-09 22:10:05 UTC
CCP i detect much faggotry in your fleet.

Be the arseholes that EVE needs you to be. Come out in GM ships once in a while and route a huge nullsec fleet.

This would get the game back on track and alay the highsec butthurt.

Dont suicide. Get nasty. the nullbears can take it
I dont normally troll, but when i do i do it on General Discussion.
Zagdul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2011-12-09 22:10:43 UTC
This event is not for the "Average Player".

CCP are bringing a battleship fleet with logistics and are attempting to put a proper fleet doctrine together. I'm going to assume that someone in CCP has at least led a fleet or two and they're going to actually try and get better at this.

If they do and them coming to play this game becomes a regular event, I would HOPE that they continue to do it in null sec.

I would further hope that they start taking on capital ships.

In the end, if you would like to get involved with these fleets you'll have to be apart of the non-average player base of EVE who lives in null/low sec and participate in fleet warfare. An entity who can fight 40-50 BS fleets.

Dual Pane idea: Click!

CCP Please Implement

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#35 - 2011-12-09 22:10:54 UTC
These days I just ignore these events. Seems like they're always put on for the benefit (NOT profit) of established Eve players.

CCP should put on these shows where they'll be appreciated: in high sec where the carebears can gape in awe at the spectacle.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#36 - 2011-12-09 22:14:12 UTC
Karn Dulake wrote:
CCP i detect much faggotry in your fleet.

Be the arseholes that EVE needs you to be. Come out in GM ships once in a while and route a huge nullsec fleet.

This would get the game back on track and alay the highsec butthurt.

Dont suicide. Get nasty. the nullbears can take it

TEST has actively sought exactly this before, like back when we declared war on the CCP Engineering Alliance.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#37 - 2011-12-09 22:16:38 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
These days I just ignore these events. Seems like they're always put on for the benefit (NOT profit) of established Eve players.

CCP should put on these shows where they'll be appreciated: in high sec where the carebears can gape in awe at the spectacle.

Implying they aren't appreciated in nullsec Roll
Ariel Dawn
State War Academy
Caldari State
#38 - 2011-12-09 22:17:02 UTC
CCP should put out a warning to engage their fleets at player's risk and make sure to stress that point.

PL/Whatever alliance blobs CCP fleet again for "free ISK/items", CCP counter-drops fleet with 90 Titans, citing previous warnings.

Now CCP has precedence to engage non-blob player gangs and makes giant blobs think twice.
Hanoch Wheel
Free Wheeling Industries
#39 - 2011-12-09 22:17:36 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:

Live vid feed on eve-radio was pretty fascinating to watch. Two frigates where "embedded" with CCP Fleet and we got to see a lot of the action. Kudos for that.

Even if I am fairly "young" and really didn't feel like I could just jet out 38 jumps to join in, I enjoyed the event from afar.

CCP is often in a no win scenario, where someone is going to ***** no matter what they do. OP's suggestions for different variations are worth considering, but we should remember that you can't please everyone, all of the time.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#40 - 2011-12-09 22:19:39 UTC
Ariel Dawn wrote:
CCP should put out a warning to engage their fleets at player's risk and make sure to stress that point.

PL/Whatever alliance blobs CCP fleet again for "free ISK/items", CCP counter-drops fleet with 90 Titans, citing previous warnings.

Now CCP has precedence to engage non-blob player gangs and makes giant blobs think twice.

Titans in a system they don't care about, not attacking their infrastructure, that killing is meaningless as no one loses a titan. Yeah, they just leave at that point.

Bad idea is bad, and taking the next step and having CCP attack an alliance's infrastructure with overwhelming force is so dumb its silly.