These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Decline in numbers... starting to turn into RAPID!!!

First post
Author
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4181 - 2016-01-25 12:34:10 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Others tend to respond to tickets a fair bit quicker though.

i have never been waiting longer than a couple of hours for a response for a ticket , regardless of the category ,
and have had prompt correspondence from that point till the tickets were closed.

thus far , iv received better customer service from ccp than any other company bar none .

I actually don't buy his claim either. I've played a lot of games in my thirty years of gaming, and I've never had better customer service from anyone than I have from CCP.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#4182 - 2016-01-25 13:48:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucas Kell
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Others tend to respond to tickets a fair bit quicker though.

i have never been waiting longer than a couple of hours for a response for a ticket , regardless of the category ,
and have had prompt correspondence from that point till the tickets were closed.

thus far , iv received better customer service from ccp than any other company bar none .

I actually don't buy his claim either. I've played a lot of games in my thirty years of gaming, and I've never had better customer service from anyone than I have from CCP.
Again though, your experience doesn't make them objectively good. Technically, I've had the best service from blizzard, since I've only ever had to contact them once, but I wouldn't bet that is a good sample from them as a whole. The first time I had to contact CCP the results were the same, nice and quick. More recently, and more frequently it seems from seeing other people saying the same, the wait times are insane. You've got a pretty serious problem if it takes you two months to give a response to a simple query, without so much as a "we're working on it".

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#4183 - 2016-01-25 14:00:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Lucas Kell wrote:
Again though, your experience doesn't make them objectively good.

Neither yours.
You need to give us statistical data.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#4184 - 2016-01-25 14:13:19 UTC
Since 2007 I've interacted with CCP customer service dozens of times, and even though for most of my EVe life I had a computer that didnt even meet the minimum requirements, they've helped (when they didn't have to). The longest wait I've had was 3 days and that was due to a wide spread bug that lots of people had (jumping caused black screen).

The same can't be said of any of the other game companies I've had to deal with like microsoft/fasa EA, Perfect World (they basically told me to sod off when i had an STO problem) or Riot, though riot was slightly nicer in telling me to sod off with my pos system.

Must be some hellified luck or something..
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#4185 - 2016-01-25 14:17:15 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:

Currently CCP are leaning towards both.

Yes the rest of us are aware of this, I’m not a fan of FTP it’s killing the quality of games being produced and splitting communities.

Lucas Kell wrote:

What exactly are you claiming they've given us and I'll give it a shot.

Lucas why would you need me or anyone else to provide examples, you’ve played the game also have you not.

Lucas Kell wrote:

Or to bring in all the people with rose tinted glasses to tell us how we should simply ignore failings because they mean nothing.

Nobody ignores failings, but there ya go again with your condescending attitude towards others. Because Lucas knows best and nobody fools him. Ffs give it a rest.

Lucas Kell wrote:

Some people like to play MMOs because of the interaction with other players. When there are increasingly less players about that directly impacts how much interaction they get to have, thus player count is important.

No Lucas that doesn’t wash, I’m sorry but you fly with SMA and you boys currently have 4,988 members. So let’s say half is alts, that’s still 2.5k people and you think that’s not enough?
“increasingly less players about”
over all yes total numbers are down and I don’t give a shite what some dreamers have to say on the matter, isboxer and the extended training que have a lot to answer for. But to say there isn’t enough to interact. nah not buying that for a second.

So Lucas, stop dancing around what it is you really want because I’d bet my right bollox if there was 60K on daily you’d still be having a moan about something.
Not trying to be smart Lucas but can I ask are you still playing EVE or just training and talking on the forums?

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#4186 - 2016-01-25 14:47:54 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Neither yours.
You need to give us statistical data.
No, I really don't. If your support ticket systems allows tickets to sit with no activity for 2 months then it is objectively bad.

xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Lucas why would you need me or anyone else to provide examples, you’ve played the game also have you not.
Of course, but you are telling me that CCP are giving us something others games companies are not, in fact you claim no other company comes close. Personally I think they've given us an alright game and moderate support for slightly more than most other companies charge.

xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Nobody ignores failings
Of course you do, that's exactly what you are doing when you are claiming CCP are the best and that there's no problems with player numbers. Perhaps it's my fault, perhaps I'm simply accustomed to a higher quality of service than you accept.

xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
No Lucas that doesn’t wash, I’m sorry but you fly with SMA and you boys currently have 4,988 members. So let’s say half is alts, that’s still 2.5k people and you think that’s not enough?
“increasingly less players about”
over all yes total numbers are down and I don’t give a shite what some dreamers have to say on the matter, isboxer and the extended training que have a lot to answer for. But to say there isn’t enough to interact. nah not buying that for a second.
How is the size of my alliance relevant in any way? The point is that now there's half the chance to meet another player when flying in space than there used to be. You pretend it doesn't matter, but to many people it does. Personally I couldn't care less about how many other players I see, but since the health of the game is directly tied to the number of subscribers, it's something that needs to be cared about for the longevity of the game.

xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
So Lucas, stop dancing around what it is you really want because I’d bet my right bollox if there was 60K on daily you’d still be having a moan about something.
Not trying to be smart Lucas but can I ask are you still playing EVE or just training and talking on the forums?
Maybe, maybe not, either way it's irrelevant. What you're saying is that I shouldn't think something is bad now because if that wasn't bad I might think something else is bad too?

I am fully aware that you are not trying to be smart. I play maybe an hour or two a week now. Mainly I'm on the forums when I have limited access to a computer and/or am bored. I'm not really sure why the amount I play has any relevance on me having an opinion however.

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#4187 - 2016-01-25 15:38:53 UTC  |  Edited by: xxxTRUSTxxx
Lucas Kell wrote:

I am fully aware that you are not trying to be smart. I play maybe an hour or two a week now. Mainly I'm on the forums when I have limited access to a computer and/or am bored. I'm not really sure why the amount I play has any relevance on me having an opinion however.

you show up for an hour a week and then demand others should listen to your vision on saving EVE.
save yourself first.
you may not see it but you're part of the problem and if you wish to be a part of the solution, log in play more and encourage others to do the same.

or

keep forking out 15 euros a month for a messenger service.

ps: you never said what it is you actually want from EVE.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#4188 - 2016-01-25 16:20:17 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
you show up for an hour a week and then demand others should listen to your vision on saving EVE.
So yes, your point was trying to claim that I don't play enough to be allowed an opinion. So how much exactly should I play to be allowed an opinion? Does it change anything that I've been playing since 2005, had 16 active accounts for most of that time and only recently stopped playing frequently?

xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
you may not see it but you're part of the problem and if you wish to be a part of the solution, log in play more and encourage others to do the same.
No, the problem is that CCP continue to push bad changes and what seems to be utter disinterest in the game. The fact that I don't play as much now is a symptom of the problem, not the cause.

xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
keep forking out 15 euros a month for a messenger service.
I have enough ISK/PLEX not to need to. If i did, I can guarantee it wouldn't come close to the worst thing I waste insignificant amounts of money on on a regular basis.

xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
you never said what it is you actually want from EVE.
You never asked, you just jumped on the defensive.

I want EVE to grow and to be more entertaining. To do that I believe it would help to have more active mechanics, a better risk reward balance (more risk for easy PvP like wardeccers and gankers, more risk for traders and significantly less reward or increased risk for low risk PvE, like highsec incursions and level 4 missions), more division between sections of space (so if you are caldari, it's better to hang in caldari space and much worse to go into gallente space, making regional trading matter more). I think a return of major expansions, more call for CCP staff to interact with players on here rather than reddit and a return of more public stats like the old QEN and subscriber numbers wouldn't go far wrong either.

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#4189 - 2016-01-25 17:41:34 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:

I want EVE to grow and to be more entertaining. To do that I believe it would help to have more active mechanics, a better risk reward balance (more risk for easy PvP like wardeccers and gankers, more risk for traders and significantly less reward or increased risk for low risk PvE, like highsec incursions and level 4 missions), more division between sections of space (so if you are caldari, it's better to hang in caldari space and much worse to go into gallente space, making regional trading matter more). I think a return of major expansions, more call for CCP staff to interact with players on here rather than reddit and a return of more public stats like the old QEN and subscriber numbers wouldn't go far wrong either.

I'm too busy right now to respond in full.

but so far all i see is you demanding shite but offering nothing in the way of how to do these things.

some of them ideas above are not bad,, some of them are terrible.

didn't CCP already say they where returning to expansions?

CCP staff interact with players all the time,, this is where you not being fully engaged in the game is halving an effect.

EVE Dublin meet soon,, shall drink beer with CCP peoples. whens the last meet up you attended? might help to go to one, might even get ya back into the game.

i do agree with the whole reddit thing. all news should be posted here first and reddit afterwards. seems to be a trend at the moment with reddit.

you've this thing for stats and as nice as they are they mean feck all to players like me.
as long as there is enough people playing all is good, now off back to work before my boss kicks my balls in.Roll

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#4190 - 2016-01-25 17:53:27 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
but so far all i see is you demanding shite but offering nothing in the way of how to do these things.
I'm not "demanding" anything. I'm simply stating I'd like to see EVE grow and think that those kind of things would help. If CCP wants to go a completely different way, hell, if they want to replace all the ships with pink ponies, that's up to them.

xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
CCP staff interact with players all the time,, this is where you not being fully engaged in the game is halving an effect.
And yet people ask for really basic information on these forums and get no response. Engagement with players when CCP feels like engaging with players is one thing, but being proactive and responding to customers does a hell of a lot too.

xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
EVE Dublin meet soon,, shall drink beer with CCP peoples. whens the last meet up you attended? might help to go to one, might even get ya back into the game.
I've been to a couple of fanfests and a few eve-londons. I won't be going to fanfest this year since dropping a grand on going to a meet about a game I think the developers are giving up on isn't my idea of cash well spent.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#4191 - 2016-01-25 18:02:01 UTC
So a short summation of Lucas's posting over the last couple of pages:

Being in SMA out in null is tedious because their a booring bunch of dryshites but it's CCP's fault.

Grand so, now that that's sorted ,trust, I owe you a drink at the meet for forum warrioring and trollslaying like a champ.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#4192 - 2016-01-25 18:25:24 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:

save yourself first.

That would involve him taking responsibility for his own enjoyment rather than someone handing it to him. Can't have that lol.

EVE is a 'make your own fun' type of thing, and the less creative among us hit these brick walls where they aren't having fun because actual creative people (like developers) aren't shoveling new things at them all the time. Then they blame it on the game when in fact the game is fine.

Then you have those people who change, who 'grow out' of certain things, and instead of realizing that, they blame the game again. The common denominator here is a person that doesn't understand that their problems stem from them (their preferences, their mentality, their changing entertainment needs), not the game.

Every night I'm playing EVE, and one night is different from the next. The next afternoon at work when I have some down time I'm pulling out the old tablet and screwing with EFT or pyfa and dreaming up some new way to tackle that 10/10 of level 5 mission just to get home that night and whelp yet another experimental design to NPCs lol.

But sometimes it's not a whelp....Did you know that MJD on a long range BS + alt in Command Dessie = really easy lvl 5 missions Twisted? The Kells of the world are too busy waiting for content and changes to actually make any.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#4193 - 2016-01-25 20:01:09 UTC
So a short summation of Lucas's posting over the last couple of pages:

Being in SMA out in null is tedious because their a booring bunch of dryshites but it's CCP's fault.
Swing and a miss. If you're going to try your hand a trolling at least be good at it.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#4194 - 2016-01-25 20:09:46 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
and the less creative among us
Prove that the people with problems with how EVE is are less creative. It seems to me that you're just easier to please. CCP pop out a piece of paper and tell you you can fold it however you want within the strict rules of their EULA, and you pay them several times the amount you would pay for a triple A title for the pleasure. If you were really creative you wouldn't even need EVE.

Jenn aSide wrote:
actual creative people (like developers)
So now you're saying I'm creative? Or do you only mean that EVE developer are creative and all others are not? So hard to keep op when you are full tilt.

Jenn aSide wrote:
Then you have those people who change, who 'grow out' of certain things, and instead of realizing that, they blame the game again.
Except of course if that were true there would be a similar rate of new people coming in, to outweigh those who are losing interest, which there obviously isn't. When more people are leaving than joining and the game isn't taking steps to move with the players then it is in fact the games fault. Just because you're one of the players willing to put up with it doesn't mean the game is not at fault.

Jenn aSide wrote:
Every night I'm playing EVE, and one night is different from the next. The next afternoon at work when I have some down time I'm pulling out the old tablet and screwing with EFT or pyfa and dreaming up some new way to tackle that 10/10 of level 5 mission just to get home that night and whelp yet another experimental design to NPCs lol.
All this suggests is that you are a slow learner.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#4195 - 2016-01-25 20:29:18 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
All this suggests is that you are a slow learner.

This is supposedly a grown man typing this. If you think this, how about you and I organize a PVE competiton. We don't have to be in the same system even, it can be frapsed. Since I'm such a slow learner, you should be able to beat my times and/or 'resource acquisition numbers' (ore, isk, items, whatever). I'll let you choose the venue (ie type of site/activity).

I do understand Kell, realizing that a problem is 'you' instead of some outside thing is tough. Hell, most people at some point (myself included) have taken that short cut to prevent mental pain (hopefully, one grows out of that at some point). But the point here is that you're being foolish. You don't like the game (so much so that you've off loaded many accounts, think Elite is a better experience, and now only play "an hour or two a week"), so you want CCP to 'refresh' it for you rather than confronting the fact that EVE and Lucas Kell just aren't a match now, if they ever were.

Now we both understand that I don't give a flip about your inability to find happiness in the game we are talking about, but I'd be completely inhuman if i didn't at least tell you that what you do strikes me as unhealthy.

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#4196 - 2016-01-25 20:37:22 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
I'm not "demanding" anything. I'm simply stating I'd like to see EVE grow and think that those kind of things would help. If CCP wants to go a completely different way, hell, if they want to replace all the ships with pink ponies, that's up to them.

xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
And yet people ask for really basic information on these forums and get no response. Engagement with players when CCP feels like engaging with players is one thing, but being proactive and responding to customers does a hell of a lot too.

xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
I've been to a couple of fanfests and a few eve-londons. I won't be going to fanfest this year since dropping a grand on going to a meet about a game I think the developers are giving up on isn't my idea of cash well spent.

well thanks for the interaction Lucas, it's been interesting and entertaining, you've actually helped me understand a little more about players in the game and why things go bad for them, why they get bored and so on.
we all want a better EVE and i don't see why you wouldn't just agree on some points like the one i just mentioned but you and i know you tend not to quote those lines.
sometimes it's good to find common ground and then work from there, i see EVE growing but you don't, i see a different day everytime i log in, variaty is the spice of life and do you know what lucas? this is one of the key elements of EVE that keeps me here, there is shite ton to get upto in the game and there isn't a day when someone gets a visit from the loot fairy or fecks up by reprocessing his ship or someone elses ship lol
the Devs have not given up on EVE and i just can't see how you've come to that conclusion.

sero Hita
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#4197 - 2016-01-25 21:37:55 UTC  |  Edited by: sero Hita
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:

the Devs have not given up on EVE and i just can't see how you've come to that conclusion.

It is easy to get to an conclusion, that one has decided on before hand.

"I'm all for pvp, don't get me wrong. I've ganked in Empire, blobed in low sec. Got T-shirts from every which-where.. But to be forced into a pvp confrontation that I didn't want is wrong ccp." RealFlisker

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#4198 - 2016-01-25 23:10:20 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
If you're going to try your hand a trolling at least be good at it.

if
Blink
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#4199 - 2016-01-26 07:54:07 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
This is supposedly a grown man typing this. If you think this, how about you and I organize a PVE competiton. We don't have to be in the same system even, it can be frapsed. Since I'm such a slow learner, you should be able to beat my times and/or 'resource acquisition numbers' (ore, isk, items, whatever). I'll let you choose the venue (ie type of site/activity).
Hmmm, spend time hanging out with someone that likes to dedicate their life to attacking me. No thanks bro. You burned any chance of that a long time back. But let's face it, EVE doesn't change much and if you're still figuring out PvE now then you either a slow learner or you're not putting in the time you claim to be.

Jenn aSide wrote:
I do understand Kell, realizing that a problem is 'you' instead of some outside thing is tough.
Totally. Luckily in this case I don't need to realise that, since if the problem was me then thousands of other players wouldn't have left EVE. Wanting CCP to keep their game up to date and in line with the market isn't; a bad thing. You just hate change and dont; want to bother adapting so you want things kept as they are. Too bad. Go play a single player game, they patch those less often. MMOs change, that's just the way it goes.

Jenn aSide wrote:
I'd be completely inhuman if i didn't at least tell you that what you do strikes me as unhealthy.
Roll This again... I don't have this desperate need to prove that anyone with an opinion that doesn't match my own is mentally unstable, so if you're alright then I'm sure I'll be fine.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#4200 - 2016-01-26 07:59:44 UTC
sero Hita wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
It is easy to get to an conclusion, that one has decided on before hand.
Nope, it's just an easy conclusion to come to now. Valkyrie is getting a lot of focus, which it obviously would seeing how much cash has been thrown into it and how it's an oculus launch title. A developer would be crazy not to put more focus into that. That leaves EVE falling behind in itself. Then look at the changes that have been done recently, with bigger changes being pushed back, and even their creative naming of patches being benched. Then there's the shift towards more microtransactions. All in all it paints a picture of a company shifting away from an old product. I hope I'm wrong, but that's the honest impression I get.