These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Aegis WH feedback

First post First post
Author
Methea Selenis
Dead Game.
HYDRA RELOADED
#41 - 2015-07-15 22:36:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Methea Selenis
Daimian Mercer wrote:
Zappity wrote:
Ideally just Z142, V283, C248, K329 because the statics aren’t relevant. If possible include the sigs which were updated later – the numbers shown above are too low to be meaningful and is probably due to the majority not being correctly entered up front.

As requested: http://puu.sh/j0BEp/e5c1618191.png

includes sigs that were eventually updated to one of those wormhole types

So if I interpret these results correctly this means that Wormholes to null initiated from Worm Space are pretty much untouched while the ones initiated from Null sec, mainly N432 (see your results a few posts above) were severely nerfed. Am I correct?
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#42 - 2015-07-15 22:40:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Zappity
Daimian Mercer wrote:
Zappity wrote:
Ideally just Z142, V283, C248, K329 because the statics aren’t relevant. If possible include the sigs which were updated later – the numbers shown above are too low to be meaningful and is probably due to the majority not being correctly entered up front.

As requested: http://puu.sh/j0BEp/e5c1618191.png

includes sigs that were eventually updated to one of those wormhole types

Very good, thanks.

Chart: http://i.imgur.com/4RGrhTm.png

Changeover was 7/7. There was a sharp drop on 9th and 10th. Lowest data point was 10th but then the highest data point was the 13th.

Need more time to determine frequency change because there is too much disturbance from behaviour-driven factors (e.g. sov change and perhaps null groups stopped looking for holes after the patch.

I reckon the J-space facing holes (i.e. not null-null) have dropped about 10% but that's just a guess. Null-null were nerfed hard.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#43 - 2015-07-15 22:48:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Robert Caldera
Ilaister wrote:
These datasets only picking up 'C5 w/any null' or you pulling 'C5a w/null 1-2-3' 'C5b w/null 1' etc?

Caldera, the K162s are relavant too, no?

~40% seems surprisingly high.

K162 are generics, so they wont be in any statistic.

N432 and Z142 were the 2 meaningful WH types C5-null, dunno about the others like V283 and so on. The sheer mass of chains were going via the first 2 named, which are hardly spawning since nerf. Cant remember any of the others being relevant for null-WH-null chains, maybe too rare or spawning from different classes of WH, in any case N432 and Z142 were the keystones of the wormhole highway.
Justin Cody
War Firm
#44 - 2015-07-16 00:55:54 UTC
Robert Caldera wrote:
Ilaister wrote:
These datasets only picking up 'C5 w/any null' or you pulling 'C5a w/null 1-2-3' 'C5b w/null 1' etc?

Caldera, the K162s are relavant too, no?

~40% seems surprisingly high.

K162 are generics, so they wont be in any statistic.

N432 and Z142 were the 2 meaningful WH types C5-null, dunno about the others like V283 and so on. The sheer mass of chains were going via the first 2 named, which are hardly spawning since nerf. Cant remember any of the others being relevant for null-WH-null chains, maybe too rare or spawning from different classes of WH, in any case N432 and Z142 were the keystones of the wormhole highway.

K162 are not generic. K162 is the wormhole endpoint

That means that the K162 can be any of the following (on the other side for C5/6 Wh's)

N432/Z142

Z132's are wandering C5 > Null Statics
N432 is the reverse where the origin point is in K-Space Null.
C248 were C6 > Null 48hr WH's.

Low Sec > Null = S199 and those were also nerfed

Here's a CHART

Now you don't have to be completely ignorant - although I hear it is rather blissful.

The nerf has destroyed C5/C6 space for those that like to roam nulls. Its great for Krabs though.
GizzyBoy
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#45 - 2015-07-16 03:20:23 UTC
c6 space never had many nulls, often we would look for a c5 chain to find a null, I guess you guys got spoiled a bit to much with to much null availability.

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#46 - 2015-07-16 06:29:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Barrogh Habalu
GizzyBoy wrote:
c6 space never had many nulls, often we would look for a c5 chain to find a null, I guess you guys got spoiled a bit to much with to much null availability.

How much is too much though?
By the same token you can say that C6ers were "too spoiled with just having to look for C5 chain to go to null", connectivity of which got nerfed.

Anyway, this again comes down to what I think was the issue with EVE a few years ago and maybe still is: places that are good for finding PvP are bad ones to gather resources for said PvP, forcing people to alt or at least move a lot. While it sounds kinda natural, high class WHs were in unique position of providing both opportunities, being almost perfect for both (given right system) at a price of providing lesser ability to influence stuff like political map and most market segments (for those who care about such things).

I'm not really convinced that making sure every nook of space is flawed to live in is the best sounding idea.
Robert Caldera
#47 - 2015-07-16 06:51:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Robert Caldera
Justin Cody wrote:

K162 are not generic. K162 is the wormhole endpoint

whatever you name it. What I'm saying is that K162 doesnt say anything about the actual WH type.
I'm not a wormhole king but these can be anything, why I said "generic".

Justin Cody wrote:

Now you don't have to be completely ignorant - although I hear it is rather blissful.

The nerf has destroyed C5/C6 space for those that like to roam nulls. Its great for Krabs though.

ignorant? What are you actually trying to argue? I said N432/Z142 were the major 2 types for connecting null though meaningful chains and that got ****** up. S199 were good too but too rare to be of any relevance.
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#48 - 2015-07-16 07:01:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Miton
Holy mother of non issues batman!
Even if you had to scan out to HS every time and head to the nearest NS from there, it would STILL be easy to get to NS from any WH class.

On the other hand, if you miss NS so much, maybe it's time to move there? (Or at least Thera which is actually exactly what you want.)

The sense of entitlement from large WH groups is nauseating.
Need to be completely safe in our farming.
No PVP allowed in C6s, that's where we farm.
Much have zero effort access to NS at all times, preferably just spawn the WHs right next to the ratting Nyxs kthnx...

I'm not really sure why it needs to keep being said but wspace is NOT nullsec. Maybe if you want full time access to nullsec, you should think about how to do that, rather than just b!tch and moan about it on the forums, when you KNOW CCP will not do anything to appease you.
Trust me, they really wont! no matter how hard you cry about it.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Robert Caldera
#49 - 2015-07-16 07:08:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Robert Caldera
Jack Miton wrote:
Holy mother of non issues batman!

if it wasnt an issue, we and many others werent complaining.

Jack Miton wrote:

Even if you had to scan out to HS every time and head to the nearest NS from there, it would STILL be easy to get to NS from any WH class.

this thread is not about going into nullsec from high sec.

Jack Miton wrote:

On the other hand, if you miss NS so much, maybe it's time to move there? (Or at least Thera which is actually exactly what you want.)

this thread is about wrecked WH connections, you have issues to comprehend?

Jack Miton wrote:

The sense of entitlement from large WH groups is nauseating.
Need to be completely safe in our farming.
No PVP allowed in C6s, that's where we farm.
Much have zero effort access to NS at all times, preferably just spawn the WHs right next to the ratting Nyxs kthnx...

entitlement? Just pointing out the bad consequences of patch.
Right now, deep null bears are completely safe in farming, since WH were a nice way to get to them for ganking.
On the other hand, null-C5 chains were a nice way to get around nullsec, once you put enough effort in probing, this was a second valid WH use which got wrecked.

Jack Miton wrote:

I'm not really sure why it needs to keep being said but wspace is NOT nullsec. Maybe if you want full time access to nullsec, you should think about how to do that, rather than just b!tch and moan about it on the forums, when you KNOW CCP will not do anything to appease you.
Trust me, they really wont! no matter how hard you cry about it.

what is your point of counter-whining? You whining about other people's whining wont change anything nor does it serve a purpose.
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#50 - 2015-07-16 07:11:41 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:

Yeah, have to admit that the first thing I did was check eve-scout.com. Still half a dozen null connections (maybe they are static - I forget?) which is great.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#51 - 2015-07-16 07:23:15 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
I'm not really sure why it needs to keep being said but wspace is NOT nullsec.

I miss you. Cry

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Winthorp
#52 - 2015-07-16 07:25:47 UTC
I am going to go against the grain here with this one and while i realise my opinion means **** all and is usually frowned upon but just like i always do i am going to give it anyway.

So for far too long people have lived in the gravy train of WH ISK and filled their time with the endless null roams. So OP are the limitless amounts of null connections that you can very literally with a roll or two cherry pick the null region you want to target, and groups literally do do this.

This is definitely going to close the gaps on noobs spreadsheet that doesn't have a filter for WH space and k-space kills. People saying that their content and fun is now gone should realise that WH space should have been a better source of your content/fun. I do think though that people have always gone to null roaming as one of there first options of things to do because of lack of ways to create content in wh space though.

I am not saying people shouldn't roam null at all, it is a great option and i am only saying what we had was far to OP.

I think the only downside to this is honestly the lack of options it will have for people in WH space to move caps around combined with jump changes.
Mikha'el Airuta
Catiz is NOT my empress
#53 - 2015-07-16 07:33:16 UTC
Erica Dusette wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:
I'm not really sure why it needs to keep being said but wspace is NOT nullsec.

I miss you. Cry

I can confirm. She does very much!
Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#54 - 2015-07-16 07:35:07 UTC
Or move into a C3 with K346, C2 with N062/E545 or R474/E545, or C1 with Z060. The Man can't hold your static closed on you! Fight the system!

Oh, wait, C5 krab isk buckets too tempting.
Erica Dusette
Division 13
#55 - 2015-07-16 07:49:14 UTC
Winthorp wrote:
I am going to go against the grain here with this one and while i realise my opinion means **** all and is usually frowned upon but just like i always do i am going to give it anyway.

So for far too long people have lived in the gravy train of WH ISK and filled their time with the endless null roams. So OP are the limitless amounts of null connections that you can very literally with a roll or two cherry pick the null region you want to target, and groups literally do do this.

This is definitely going to close the gaps on noobs spreadsheet that doesn't have a filter for WH space and k-space kills. People saying that their content and fun is now gone should realise that WH space should have been a better source of your content/fun. I do think though that people have always gone to null roaming as one of there first options of things to do because of lack of ways to create content in wh space though.

I am not saying people shouldn't roam null at all, it is a great option and i am only saying what we had was far to OP.

I think the only downside to this is honestly the lack of options it will have for people in WH space to move caps around combined with jump changes.

That's well said.

Likewise I always felt null is a good option to have. Though it interests me very little personally.

Forcing people to do more in wormholes is great though. Nothing worse than logging in and finding the first thing people want to do is a ******* null roam, or start moaning because you brought a T3 to a wormhole fight. That's a sad shift in culture when you see people getting used to that cheap, disposable mindset from null roaming and transferring it to wormhole life. Nullsec corps are that way, guys -> Go on, you know you really want to.

Robert Caldera
#56 - 2015-07-16 07:50:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Robert Caldera
Winthorp wrote:

This is definitely going to close the gaps on noobs spreadsheet that doesn't have a filter for WH space and k-space kills. People saying that their content and fun is now gone should realise that WH space should have been a better source of your content/fun.

you are trying to argument that removed content is somehow good for the game.
People didnt roam null because WH space was full of content, they roamed null in lack of it.
Erica Dusette
Division 13
#57 - 2015-07-16 07:56:58 UTC
Robert Caldera wrote:
Winthorp wrote:

This is definitely going to close the gaps on noobs spreadsheet that doesn't have a filter for WH space and k-space kills. People saying that their content and fun is now gone should realise that WH space should have been a better source of your content/fun.

you are trying to argument that removed content is somehow good for the game.
People didnt roam null because WH space was full of content, they roamed null in lack of it.

I disagree. It's not removing anything, it's merely forcing a slight shift in focus.

People roam null because it's easier to find a cheap fight, and maybe the occasional cap gank, than it often can be in wormholes. Quick, easy and cheap thrills is why people roam null. And the minute that fleet left w-space to roam null it just removed even more content from w-space.

Winthorp
#58 - 2015-07-16 08:01:18 UTC
Erica Dusette wrote:
And the minute that fleet left w-space to roam null it just removed even more content from w-space.

Couldn't have worded this any better.
Axloth Okiah
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#59 - 2015-07-16 08:09:11 UTC
While the removal of handy NS access might (ideally) lead to certain refocus back to WH brawls, I'm afraid it is much more likely to lead to even less WH content, as groups which deliberately focus on null and use their WH as a mobile base just pack up and leave (to null or thera, probably; leaving a farming crew behind, maybe).

So up til now, you could fight them, because they would take wh fight if they could (they just wouldnt spend much effort looking for it). After the change, its quite possible they wont be there at all.

I think that it is quite naive to hope, that making wspace living less fun and less convenient will lead to increase in content for those living there.
Robert Caldera
#60 - 2015-07-16 08:09:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Robert Caldera
Erica Dusette wrote:

I disagree. It's not removing anything, it's merely forcing a slight shift in focus.

it is removed pvp.
For null entities WH highway was a neat way to get across null for content for example.
Same for WH entities - null exits were a way to find content/fights.

By removing these connections there wont be magically more content in WH space, quite the contrary - WH space will become even more of desert empty space due to removed content and more complicated logistics.
Null-C5 was a way to bring in caps into WH, just to tell one, alrady severely handicapped by Phoebe.

Erica Dusette wrote:

People roam null because it's easier to find a cheap fight, and maybe the occasional cap gank, than it often can be in wormholes

can be, null space was a chunk of additional stuff accessible from WH on top of its own scarce WH content, which is gone.

Erica Dusette wrote:

. Quick, easy and cheap thrills is why people roam null.

Whats wrong with easy and cheap? If you take people easy and cheap thrills, why is it any good?
Forcing people into hassle and effort by taking them options never worked, they are more likely to simply go away and stop bothering. All tha being said - you removed content, you removed more people from WH space, you added safety for null farmers. Why is all that good?

Erica Dusette wrote:
And the minute that fleet left w-space to roam null it just removed even more content from w-space.

maybe WH duders are tired of set up and pointless arranged WH fights for years already. For me, I always wondered whats the attraction of consensual wh pvp.