These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: The Dominix, Work In Progress And A New Art Director

First post
Author
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#221 - 2015-09-01 20:48:45 UTC
Thrasher is fine as is. It's an iconic ship. Leave it alone.
Josef Djugashvilis
#222 - 2015-09-06 12:45:08 UTC
The New Model Dominix is now one of the best looking ships in the game.

As I spend most of my game-time in one, I am delighted witih it.

Well done CCP art folk.

This is not a signature.

Boozbaz
Securitech Industries
#223 - 2015-11-03 07:07:25 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
Thrasher is fine as is. It's an iconic ship. Leave it alone.

I agree. The Thrasher looks fine as it is. If you're going to redesign a Minmatar ship, then redesign the Rupture or the Bellicose!
Freedom7
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#224 - 2015-11-03 12:37:04 UTC
+1 for the new Domi ......
Tornii
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#225 - 2015-11-29 09:19:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Tornii
The Minmatar ships are clearly in most need for visual overhaul - all cruisers except the recently remodelled Stabber look out of place and more like furniture items than spaceships. So it's a good move by the art department to focus on some of them in this announced remodelling pass. However there are also ships by other factions that could use some love including the Atron-Ares-Taranis, Thorax-Deimos-Phobos, Celestis-Arazu-Lachesis and Osprey-Basilisk lines.
Vrarrg
Doomheim
#226 - 2015-12-01 19:02:44 UTC
Personally think that some of the Minmatar ships need some updated looks. The ones that are shown in that link are sexy and I love the look of that Thrasher.
Brokk Witgenstein
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#227 - 2015-12-29 19:06:48 UTC
NOOOOOOOOO Mah Sabre!

The new 'probe' model could be nice for a Cheetah ... perhaps keep the old model around for the T1 Probe? If that looks like a repurposed derelict cargo runner, that's because it truly is.

But please for the love of Bob -- the Thrasher/Sabre model is perfect the way it is now. If you absolutely must have a defunct T1, keep the streamlined Sabre model the way it is and trash some bits and pieces off for the T1 combat version ..... although probably better yet: don't touch them at all.

What the Minmatar line of ships needs, however, is a serious DUST layer. I haven't cleaned any ship and so far, only my Confessor shows some dust. Why are my beloved rustbuckets not getting dirty? I honestly can't tell the difference between a clean and a dirty Minnie boat ;-)
MurinA 7o9
Slumbered For Millennia
#228 - 2016-01-10 03:28:08 UTC  |  Edited by: MurinA 7o9
keep your dirty fingers out of my thrasher
talwar looks like a brick ,change that
Ishmael Ronuken
Akiram Privateering
#229 - 2016-03-15 18:31:13 UTC
Implement these designs ASAP please.
They look even more junkyard-esque than before.
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#230 - 2016-03-22 23:08:35 UTC
Ishmael Ronuken wrote:
Implement these designs ASAP please.
They look even more junkyard-esque than before.

Agreed this needs to happen sooner rather than later.

All of concept models are vastly superior over in game models.

Tempest was also iconic hull but was also 1D 3pixel rez garbage that needed to be scraped from game data library good riddance same goes for thrasher there are similar looking vip models that can be used but for love of God don't listen to blind people and go ahead with an update.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Jade Blackwind
#231 - 2016-03-28 13:51:31 UTC
It took two years for the new Dominix model to make it into the game. I still hope that we'll see the new Stilletto and the Probe before end of 2017, because they're awesome.
Morgane Drake
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#232 - 2016-03-30 17:39:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Morgane Drake
good work !

but personnaly ( i dont know if another post speak for thats ...)

i have more interest to see republic fleeet/navy/imperial etc... ) destroyers ( same of slicers/firetail etc,,,)

i found the orginial thrasher skin, good and cool

and ok we have t3 Destroyer but we are less of militia Destroyers... thats i thing...
Miravi Te'Lyn
In the Mountains
#233 - 2016-05-19 22:03:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Miravi Te'Lyn
I just found out about the Thrasher redesign (I'm slow), please for the love of god DO NOT use:
http://content.eveonline.com/www/newssystem/media/67315/1/07_THRASHER.jpg
this design.

These are fine, if you really NEED to redesign perfection.
http://content.eveonline.com/www/newssystem/media/67315/1/75_THRASHER_VARIANTS.jpg

Also, please have the solar panels/fins go back like the current Thrasher, not forward like all these concepts.
Leeonwung
Damned And Disinherited
#234 - 2016-05-27 02:24:57 UTC
Loving the new Domi design.

Class act CCP, class act.

Your art work is getting better and better

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never be in peril. When you are ignorant of the enemy, but know yourself, your chances of winning or losing are equal. If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain in every battle to be in peril." - Sun Tzu

Roamer Jakuard
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#235 - 2016-06-11 17:28:01 UTC
While it's a long time after these designs were posted, and I'm a relatively new player I thought I would still comment.

As a new Minmatar player:

New Stiletto looks better than current.

Not a fan of the current Probe, nor a fan of the new. To my mind, the proposed new Thrasher looks more like a science and discovery vessel that the Probe is meant to be. While Minmatar should perhaps looked slapped together, the current and new proposed Probe just don't look 'sensory' enough.

The "Sabre" variations of the new Thrasher look much better for the actual Thrasher design. Why - because they look more armoured and warlike. Even if shield tanked, a vessel of this nature should look threatening, especially for Minmatar. When I first saw the current Thrasher, I noted the 'kind of' face on it and thought that was a bit silly. But having player the game for a while now, and having used a Thrasher, it actually seems appropriate. It's a newbro's low level killing ship, a ganker's cheap throw away vessel of doom. If anything, the 'face' on it should made more pronounced, not lessened, for the shear terrorising aspect of it. I could even imagine Thrasher pilots playing the music to "Jaws" over comm's, just for the bravado of it. It's your cheap piranha, let it remain so in look as well as in deed. Don't take the dragon off the prow of this Viking raiding vessel.
Tornii
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#236 - 2016-07-11 18:35:51 UTC
Sssooo, any updates on the remodelling effort? I've been away since winter and haven't been able to find any further updates in dev blog.
deeks87 deacon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#237 - 2016-07-12 16:36:51 UTC
New hectate ship. Does that mean every eve players will get one free? Like when the gnosis launched.

Those who forget the past, are destined to revisit it! use us for all your insurance needs @  http://igc-eve-online-insurance.webs.com

CCP Darwin
C C P
C C P Alliance
#238 - 2016-07-12 16:54:26 UTC
Tornii wrote:
Sssooo, any updates on the remodelling effort? I've been away since winter and haven't been able to find any further updates in dev blog.

We continue working on redesigns between all the other projects we have going on. I don't have any specifics to share at this time, but if you keep an eye on updates.eveonline.com you'll likely see any news as soon as we share it.

CCP Darwin  •  Senior Software Engineer, Art & Graphics, EVE Online  •  @mark_wilkins

Luscius Uta
#239 - 2016-07-14 08:53:22 UTC
Do you have in plan giving a new skin to the Obelisk, the ugliest freighter? Considering how much time freighter pilots spent looking at their ships, I think the least you can do is to ensure they have a pretty sight.

Workarounds are not bugfixes.

Linus Gorp
Ministry of Propaganda and Morale
#240 - 2016-07-22 22:09:01 UTC
Luscius Uta wrote:
Do you have in plan giving a new skin to the Obelisk, the ugliest freighter? Considering how much time freighter pilots spent looking at their ships, I think the least you can do is to ensure they have a pretty sight.

I can sell you a Providence or two...

When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.